Your thoughts on TFS trailer : discussion (Spoilers)

Comments

• Ikr, what more do they want.?

"I swear to god they better not just have any of them NOT APPEAR AT ALL in 404 like they did with Freeze in Batman 205 or Freds people in MC

• Both Joan and Lilith were changed to be easy overt villains in the penultimate episode after establishing a more layered characterization in the previous.

Pahn711 posted: »

Hmm, can you elaborate on that?

• Well theres also a handy dandy search on the tumblr blog making it so it should be pretty easy for people to find this thing he said for those who saw it and remember what it actually said, but it seems no one can find it still.

That search engine sucks...why don't you try it yourself and see if you have better luck?

And yes, confirming if a determinant character will live if saved is a spoiler, its telling you what their ultimate fate ends up being.

This is why the exact quote from Mudle would be helpful...I interpreted his answer to mean that determinant characters have the "potential" to survive the season. This could mean that any particular determinant character could survive if you make the right choices/decisions in Episode 4, but it might come at the expense of someone else (can't save them all). It would be a pretty vague spoiler in that case.

No idea what youre getting at with that Kenny kills Jane analogy lmao. Kenny killed Jane due to her lying about the situation. If youre going to use that analogy it should be flipped. And even then its not a good comparison as Clem had a personal stake in that situation making it an actual gray area about the whole Kenny and Jane situation, unlike the Lilly situation.

We haven't seen how the Lilly situation will play out yet, so you can't claim with any certainty that Clem won't have a personal stake in what happens. Bottom line is that Kenny and Jane both made some morally questionable decisions, and the player can choose to forgive and go with them in the end. Its a precedent even though its far from an exact match.

It would make no sense for Lilly to suddenly be chill, it would just make her character more of a mess.

I'll say it again...I believe the circumstances will be more complicated than Lilly just having a change of heart (have to give the writers more credit than that). I'm not saying definitively that a reconciliation is likely, but I could see a scenario where (if Clem got more insight into Lilly's perspective and motivations) maybe she could bend more towards her way of thinking? One of my biggest disappointments with this Season is that we have not heard enough about what happened to Lilly between S1 and now.

And because we suck Mundle's dick around here, he went on a long ass rant about how they purposely made Delta impossible to agree with, so dont expect the writing to suddenly change to where everyone gives each other a pass.

Someone seems angry...why don't you use your Tumblr search expertise to show us that rant about the Delta?

Poogers555 posted: »

Well theres also a handy dandy search on the tumblr blog making it so it should be pretty easy for people to find this thing he said for tho

• Personal stake in the Kenny vs Jane situation is we have a connection with both Kenny and Jane that isnt "Wow Kenny and Jane both tried to fucking kill me and all my friends" so a scenario like that with a gray area involving Lilly being with us does not work.

Its way too late in the story for Lilly to have a change of heart that would make any kind of sense, its just not going to happen, if it does then Jesus Christ the writers dropped the ball extra hard on her character for any kind of constancy.

Heres the rant he wrote about how he was shitting on GOT when TFS suffers from the exact same shit and how the Delta are purposely unable to be agreed with, took like 3 minutes to find

http://kmudle.tumblr.com/search/agree

Well theres also a handy dandy search on the tumblr blog making it so it should be pretty easy for people to find this thing he said for tho

• Personal stake in the Kenny vs Jane situation is we have a connection with both Kenny and Jane that isnt "Wow Kenny and Jane both tried to fucking kill me and all my friends" so a scenario like that with a gray area involving Lilly being with us does not work.

Except that Lilly was expressly trying to avoid killing Clem and her friends. She wanted to bring them into her community, just didn't go about it in a peaceful way. We can argue the degree of their misdeeds (Lilly clearly wins) but I think that misses the point of my theory: the player can decide whether or not these people are too dangerous to be around. I would also point out that Clem does have a few softer dialogue options with Lilly that could be taken as an attempt to reconnect on their past history.

Its way too late in the story for Lilly to have a change of heart that would make any kind of sense, its just not going to happen, if it does then Jesus Christ the writers dropped the ball extra hard on her character for any kind of constancy.

As I said, I think its more likely that Clem would have a change of heart, not Lilly. Improbable as that may be...

Heres the rant he wrote about how he was shitting on GOT when TFS suffers from the exact same shit and how the Delta are purposely unable to be agreed with, took like 3 minutes to find

Interesting read, thanks for sharing! I also noticed this below (which to me seems to conflict a bit with his previous opinion of the Delta):

http://kmudle.tumblr.com/post/182252677696/when-abel-said-you-think-we-like-doing-raids-like

Personal stake in the Kenny vs Jane situation is we have a connection with both Kenny and Jane that isnt "Wow Kenny and Jane both tried to f

• Again, really need a source on him saying that instead of "I swear he did" and again, he aint giving out real spoilers

Not the Tublr response I was looking for but this is interesting from reddit AMA:

"PalmerTrees37: idk if this will be a spoiler if you answer or not but. Will there be Determinant deaths this season, so far there have only been deaths that you couldn’t prevent so I’m just wondering.
    Kent: There are some determinate deaths this season. We actually follow a strict rule of "If a player choice causes this death, it can only be caused by player choice" avoiding any deaths that happen later if a player chose to avoid that death earlier (ala Sarah, Nick, Pete)"

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheWalkingDeadGame/comments/9p2la1/ian_howe_skybound_games_ceo_and_kent_mudle_tfs/

Again, really need a source on him saying that instead of "I swear he did" and again, he aint giving out real spoilers. If they try to pu

• It appears that Violet forgives you or realizes her faults. She's got an ashamed look on her face. Possibly feels regret for betraying you. Or maybe someone died and she's sad about it. I love Minerva's face right after. Maybe she does that after realizing you romanced Violet.

• edited March 2019

Yeah you're right and if you look at that scene in the trailer where Clem's holding Violet's hand carefully you'll notice that she doesn't have that pin Violet gives her in the Violet route (she gives you a pin no matter what a clementine pin if you're her friend and a star pin if you romanced her)
    so this is the "Save Louis" route we see here.

It appears that Violet forgives you or realizes her faults. She's got an ashamed look on her face. Possibly feels regret for betraying you.

• Kent Mundle conflicts almost everything he says, nothing he says makes any sense just like Lilly. For example he was saying shit like how the only reason she didnt kill Clem was because she still felt some attachment to her, then it turned into it was because her plan went wrong so she wasnt thinking straight, to she hurts the other kids and not Clem because she wants Clem to join the Delta really bad (because apparently Clem joining Delta is more important then getting all the kids to join the Delta) to then Lilly decides Clem needs to die after she escapes the cell because Lilly gives up on trying to make Clem join.

Also Im not even disagreeing that much about your theory, Im just saying in general Lilly's character and motivations make no sense at all, so if they even pull a "Lilly suddenly help" type of thing, I could see them doing it because it makes no sense at all. Lilly in the Final Season keeps saying how she needs kids but literally tries to kill Clem and AJ after they meet again, after saying she wants them alive, kills Mitch, starts cutting off body parts of the kids, is about to kill James when he's down, is about to shoot Tenn because Tenn wouldnt shoot her, and then kills James. Shes all over the place and it makes no sense, and like you already said about Mundle and the Delta, its conflicting and contradicting as hell, so much so that the creative director cant seem to figure out what the Delta are suppose to be.

Personal stake in the Kenny vs Jane situation is we have a connection with both Kenny and Jane that isnt "Wow Kenny and Jane both tried to f

• To be slightly fair, that sounds like gradual progression for a character if the story did more to develop and maintain it.
    Which TFS has not done for the most part.

Kent Mundle conflicts almost everything he says, nothing he says makes any sense just like Lilly. For example he was saying shit like how th

• We got some glimpses of the surviving raiders. Clem kills one but two are surrounded by Walkers. Maybe you get the choice to help them or leave them like Norma. It's something to think about but I don't know where it would lead since they hate you and all.

iFoRias posted: »

Yeah you're right and if you look at that scene in the trailer where Clem's holding Violet's hand carefully you'll notice that she doesn't h

• Honestly can't be bothered to theorise with merely days to go, just gonna let it hit me when I play the episode.

• Realistic

Legendary12 posted: »

Honestly can't be bothered to theorise with merely days to go, just gonna let it hit me when I play the episode.

• I liked it. It was short and on point, with minimum spoilers. I wasn't even expecting something like No Going Back trailer, so I was satisfied. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can't wait for the actual episode!

• Who gives a shit about damn Minecraft? Plus, didn't Mr. Freeze die in S2 Episode 4? I don't remember everything from Batman Enemy Within.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

I'm disappointed, don't like the trailer. Maybe my hopes were too high since I kind of wanted a season 2ep5 style trailer. If I'm being 1

• The player has the option to go with Kenny after he killed Jane in S2. Just sayn’...

Dude, Lilly was the villain of the whole season, why the fuck would Clem trust her and forgive her after everything she has done? Kenny was never even close to Lilly's role in TFS. He still cared for Clementine and wanted her safe.

Sorry but Kent’s Tumblr page is incredibly active and has a lot of content...I’m not going to spend the time sifting through all that. Hopef

• Theres a difference kenny was mentally unstable but wanted to do the right thing while lilly isnt unstable shes just a bad person now

• That is paradoxical; a person who does bad things is unstable.

Theres a difference kenny was mentally unstable but wanted to do the right thing while lilly isnt unstable shes just a bad person now

• Not necessarily

• Are you sure about that?

Not necessarily

• Kenny wasnt a bad guy he was flawed , its like saying ricks a bad guy as hes done worse than kenny

• Rick is not reckless and broken though.

Kenny wasnt a bad guy he was flawed , its like saying ricks a bad guy as hes done worse than kenny

• @Dex-Starr, I saw Alita and liked it. You have fifteen Halestorm songs now to listen to. I hope you are impressed.

• No. He just gets captured and gets infected with the virus.

AronDracula posted: »

Who gives a shit about damn Minecraft? Plus, didn't Mr. Freeze die in S2 Episode 4? I don't remember everything from Batman Enemy Within.

• Looks like we need to have Jerry Springer to take care of this problem.

It appears that Violet forgives you or realizes her faults. She's got an ashamed look on her face. Possibly feels regret for betraying you.

• edited March 2019

No he said a determinant character CAN live based on your choices, not that they WILL live. It's entirely possible that James/Lily will die in your playthrough, but that's up to the choices that you've made/will make

• Remember that first Skybound Q&A on the TWDG subreddit? I know it's there, if you have time to look through it.

Again, really need a source on him saying that instead of "I swear he did" and again, he aint giving out real spoilers. If they try to pu

• yeah same, real hyped at the beginning, but 15 seconds in I felt like I might aswell be looking at screenshots. Like, the no dialogue thing is cool and all, but they should've went further and made it more cryptic.

Watching this was not like watching it really u get me? I didn't feel it but hopefully the lack of content or throwbacks in this trailer are

• I think it's kind of a Negan mentally: kill/maim one to make an example out of the rest. So yeah sure she cut out Louis' tongue, but she made sure Aasim and Omar were there to witness it, and when we find them they're both pretty much down to do whatever Lily says. Same thing with James and Tenn. She killed Mitch on accident.

And Lily killing Clem is not canon, those were clearly warning shots. I know the shots were close to Clem's head, but we're eight years into the apocalypse, pretty much anyone could shoot a fly off an apple from 100 yards at this point. If Lily wanted Clem dead at that point, she would've been dead.

Kent Mundle conflicts almost everything he says, nothing he says makes any sense just like Lilly. For example he was saying shit like how th

• How do I know you’re not lying???Show me your movie ticket with your username written next to it.

@Dex-Starr, I saw Alita and liked it. You have fifteen Halestorm songs now to listen to. I hope you are impressed.

• I tried to attach it, but the file is too big. It is up to you whether you would like to believe me or not.

Dex-Starr posted: »

How do I know you’re not lying???Show me your movie ticket with your username written next to it.

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited March 2019

I’ll ask you a couple questions to test your knowledge on it. If everything checks out, I’ll listen to 15 Halestorm songs

• Who attacked Hugo in the alley?
    • How many body changes does Alita go through?
    • What happens to Chiren at the end of the movie?
    • where does Alita’s first flashback take place?

I tried to attach it, but the file is too big. It is up to you whether you would like to believe me or not.

• edited March 2019

Yeah they were warning shots. Just gonna keep chasing these kids in the woods and fire your gun while running but have no intent on hitting them in anyway and can aim perfectly accurate to make sure that I dont actually shoot them but shoot inches away from them at these speeds, then have it so AJ is shot with a shot gun because they were warning them. Warning shots.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

I think it's kind of a Negan mentally: kill/maim one to make an example out of the rest. So yeah sure she cut out Louis' tongue, but she mad

• How about Interrogate him Big By way

I’ll ask you a couple questions to test your knowledge on it. If everything checks out, I’ll listen to 15 Halestorm songs * Who attacke

• Are you team Jane or team Alita?

How about Interrogate him Big By way

1. Zapana;
    2. Three;
    3. Her dissected body is shown to Alita;
    4. In ‘Ambush Alley’.

Apologies if there are any mistakes, but this is all I can remember off the top of my head.

I’ll ask you a couple questions to test your knowledge on it. If everything checks out, I’ll listen to 15 Halestorm songs * Who attacke

• Wow. I never really had a problem with Kent because he seemed like a cool dude on Reddit, but after looking at a couple of these, this dude really needs to shut up. This one part in particular is stupid...

And the “many past choices build up to this moment” thing I actually don’t think is a good design choice in most cases

Lmao what the fuck is this dude on? S1 pulled this off perfectly when Kenny decides to come with you or not based off of a shit ton of choices that go all the way back to episode 1. When it comes to other character’s relationship to the playable protagonist, a culmination of past choices should affect how they view you. This is something S1 did remarkably well.

• So did I pass or fail?

* Zapana; * Three; * Her dissected body is shown to Alita; * In ‘Ambush Alley’. Apologies if there are any mistakes, but this is all I can remember off the top of my head.

• Dude, the moment you started that second sentence should clue you in that they fucked up the antagonist's characterization--again.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

I think it's kind of a Negan mentally: kill/maim one to make an example out of the rest. So yeah sure she cut out Louis' tongue, but she mad

• In a forest that likely has a lot of walkers roaming around, no less.

@Dat1Wizard246 Wow. I never really had a problem with Kent because he seemed like a cool dude on Reddit, but after looking at a couple of these, this dude really needs to shut up. This one part in particular is stupid...

And something every game afterwards didn't.

Yeah they were warning shots. Just gonna keep chasing these kids in the woods and fire your gun while running but have no intent on hitting

Sign in to comment in this discussion.