So can someone explain? (Spoilers)

2»

Comments

• edited March 2019

Lol imagine replaying this game more than once,shit has pratically no replay value and Rewind's gone.

Also maybe you're right about that but this shit still doesn't make sense,
    there's no way AJ got out of there with Clem it's just impossible and it's so funny seeing the die hard fanboys trying to defend this shit.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

You really should replay the episode. She was not bit during night time. When she climbs up that hill, the sun is already rising. It was not that long till they reached that barn.

• Yes, man.

Oh so you’re one of my kind i see (UK)

• My friend and I were discussing it today. We both think that they either cauterised her wound somehow or cleaned out the infection some other way. Which now raises the question, does cleaning the amputated wound nullify the infection? In my honest opinion, I kind of think that they didn’t do anything to the wound after amputating it with an infected weapon, and it only works if the weapon enters your body deep enough.

Joe_Momma posted: »

This actually raises an interesting point. If you amputate you'd have to calderite it. The burning could simply destroy any direct points of contact. Hmmmm….

• edited March 2019

For my sanity's sake, I chose to believe that the way this played out here isn't canon. My headcanon is she had passed out from the beginning signs of infection in the barn and while she was unconscious AJ had to defend the barn. After that was done he decided it is best to chop Her Leg off to save her. The rest of my canon follows what Kirkbride said on reddit. I would believe that more than seeing her become sick-looking and ready to die and then being saved at the last moment.

• My posts above help explain. Please check 'em out

iFoRias posted: »

No one can explain there's no explanation this made no sense at all she should've died. She got bit during night time walked for hours sh

• edited March 2019

Well this episode has more replay value than Season 1 finale you know :) in terms of choices that change stuff.
    If you can't bring yourself to replay it - watch it on youtube. If yoy make claims (no way, she was bitten during fucking night time! And then its daytime!) you should know what you are talking about.
    But either way, there are ways they could have escaped. AJ had a clear path up, from there it is quite easy to distract the walkers. So the walkers are not a problem. Him dragging her out is the same as with Clementine dragging Lee inside that store. So yeah, it is exactly like season 1 finale, except backwards. Only you can not admit it because you are a fucking fanboy of season 1. Here ya go! Solved!

Lol imagine replaying this game more than once,shit has pratically no replay value and Rewind's gone. Also maybe you're right about that

• Thank you for putting him in his place. How does it feel @iFoRias?

Well this episode has more replay value than Season 1 finale you know in terms of choices that change stuff. If you can't bring yourself t

• Him dragging her out is the same as with Clementine dragging Lee inside that store. So yeah, it is exactly like season 1 finale, except backwards

No it isn't it's two completely different things.

Clem dragging Lee in that store was hard to believe but i was ok with it because she dragged him for only like a few feet,but AJ drags Clem out of that barn full of walkers after cutting her leg ? Yeah no it's way harder to believe that.

Dude that shit was so badly written the lead designer came on reddit and made up some shitty fanfiction to explain what happened smh.
    But you are clearly not gonna change my mind and im not gonna change yours so lets just agree to disagree.

Well this episode has more replay value than Season 1 finale you know in terms of choices that change stuff. If you can't bring yourself t

• Let us not forget the whole season was fan-fiction.

Him dragging her out is the same as with Clementine dragging Lee inside that store. So yeah, it is exactly like season 1 finale, except back

• A few feet with walkers walking all around them? Yeah, no way, Lee is dead right there and if Clementine tried to drag him - she is dead as well.
    He had to come out and explain it because people like you could not put two and two together and started whining about it. He did this for you, you know. And you still shit on it even after believing this explanation. Says a lot, you know.
    Apart from that, yeah. We can agree to disagree.

Him dragging her out is the same as with Clementine dragging Lee inside that store. So yeah, it is exactly like season 1 finale, except back

• He has been shitting on this season from the get-go.

A few feet with walkers walking all around them? Yeah, no way, Lee is dead right there and if Clementine tried to drag him - she is dead as

• I haven't actually,loved episode 1 and still enjoyed all the other episodes overall :sweat_smile:

He has been shitting on this season from the get-go.

• Pontela en tú culo. No, you have not, so stop lying.

I haven't actually,loved episode 1 and still enjoyed all the other episodes overall

• Yes i have. I had some issues with EP2 and then was disappointed with EP3 (i had a lot of faith in EP3) and that's when i uh..turned to the dark side for the lack of a better word but still i enjoyed all the episodes ¯(ツ)

Pontela en tú culo. No, you have not, so stop lying.

• You are such a hypocrite; you have literally complained every second about the final season regardless of parts that you condemn as ‘good’.

Yes i have. I had some issues with EP2 and then was disappointed with EP3 (i had a lot of faith in EP3) and that's when i uh..turned to the dark side for the lack of a better word but still i enjoyed all the episodes ¯(ツ)/¯

• ok sure

You are such a hypocrite; you have literally complained every second about the final season regardless of parts that you condemn as ‘good’.

• You are stupid for believing your own lies.

ok sure

• Good explanation. I agree with the writers wanting to fake us out, even though it translated to fan service writing in my opinion.

Remember that Lee passed out for an unspecified amount of time before amputating. A ton of time had passed and it was too late. When Clem

• Also, her eyes turned super orange for some reason.

• It's difficult for me to use the comics as a resource for time. Time passage in comic panels can mean anywhere from minutes to hours to days within a few frames.

Even more difficult in AJ/Clementine's survival is how exactly they escaped the barn with walkers, and she didn't die in the process.

I'm sure there are a few scenarios they could have gone with, but they're all equally hard to believe.

• AJ covered in walker guts cuts off Clementine's leg, wraps it as best as a boy of his strength/size could, and leaves her to the hungry walkers breaking the old barn boards to get to the new source of fresh blood while he runs to the school to get help to bring back. He has at least from the barn a relative idea of where he is in relation to the school now, and this is actually the most plausible.
    • AJ insists they climb up to get away from the walkers. Clementine can't assist him in this, as she's already shown to have tried. He amputates her leg. Having that cut off isn't going to enable her to climb up there, and he can't carry her weight. This one just doesn't seem possible for them to have hidden in the loft until help eventually found them.
    • After amputating her leg, bandaging her the best he can, he attempts to support a gut covered Clementine to walk through the herd with him. The fresh blood would still be seeping through and attract the walkers. It's also highly unlikely she'd be able to regain consciousness after that massive amount of blood loss.

The whole reason that scene fades to flashbacks is because it just doesn't have a reasonable method of ending where both escape from it.

Joe_Momma posted: »

In fact, all the survivors of such a bite to my knowledge were done very swiftly. Connie from the comics is bit sometime during a la

• Is it me or they just pulled out one of The Witcher 3 endings?

If you haven't played it (you should) spoilers ahead

There is that one "happy" emding where you are led to believe Ciri sacrified herself to stop the White Frost, you continue to play as Gerald and you're super sad but it turns out she's alive and you meet her in the tavern. I don't know if it's only me but when Clem appeared behind AJ I immediately thought about it.

• Like when Lee's eyes turned yellow when he was dying

DabigRG posted: »

Also, her eyes turned super orange for some reason.

• Yeah, except that was jaundice--this was her literal pupils!

Like when Lee's eyes turned yellow when he was dying

• It was hinted at way too much too. Never go alone. I'm thinking more and I don't always agree with her anymore. The fact that there is an axe used and not a gun. I had a feeling but I kept it in the back of my mind because in Clem's state it would be impossible for her to survive even if her leg was chopped off. Many other players also thought they were seeing Angel Clem.

Poogers555 posted: »

It was a bit obvious for me it would be a fake out because for some reason we couldnt say anything about cutting off our leg, and then telling him to "leave me" just for him to go "NO" and swing the axe made it way too obvious

• Way too hard to buy. Your eyes don't look like that from blood loss. The writers knew what they were doing and they went through with it, for reasons that @VengefulKenny detailed.

Lee was bit, traveled through the sewer system and passed out. Way longer than for how long Clem was bit. And the bite was on her ankle. Lee

• Did they pull a Bruner?

Ghetsis posted: »

Way too hard to buy. Your eyes don't look like that from blood loss. The writers knew what they were doing and they went through with it, for reasons that @VengefulKenny detailed.

• edited April 2019

In a weird way, I like the 'AJ's hallucination/dream theory'. It's very easy to postulate due to the laziness of the storytelling and suspension of disbelief being pushed to its limits.

See, the fundamental problem with this ending is that literally everything between Clementine getting bit and the axe fadeout is 100 percent believable. It stuck to the lore and logic of TWD so much that I was ready to accept Clem's death. And given it's believability, it's no wonder why the fakeout literally makes no sense to pretty much anyone with a critical brain. Because it's 100 percent contradictory and would never happen.

The fact that the process of the rescue was skipped entirely shows you Mudle knew it was humanly impossible for AJ to actually save Clem. How did AJ do it? Basically magic.

Making up fanfiction on a reddit post to explain your lazy cop-out is disgraceful as hell. Fictional works require suspensions of disbelief from the audience. If you can't execute that on a reasonable level, what the hell are you writing? Fanservice and fan fiction? People invest in stories that are sufficient enough to be invested. Only children invest themselves in fanfiction.

But the good thing about shoddy lazy writing is that you can interpret the details that haven't been explained with your own thoughts.

And a theory that AJ is hallucinating/dream is plausible as hell and unfortunately again very easy to postulate.

I like to think after the fadeout AJ is dreaming while dying in the barn because he didn't make it. They say that when you die, DMT is released in the brain, a hallucinogenic chemical that explains the experience of people who near death. AJ is dying, and everything from the fishing shack to the walking sequence to laughing at dinner, seeing and talking to Clementine, and putting the hat on the dresser, are all a part of his ideal imagination. This is basically the "Aj is in Heaven sequence".

Or still alive, and actually hallucinating because he killed Clem in the barn and escaped to save himself. I think a 5 year old like AJ suffering from the shock of losing his mother figure at a time when he wasn't ready would definitely hallucinate. I would say in the hallucination ending the only scene that's actually real is him putting away Clem's hat on the drawer. The scenes that involve Clem are exaggerated hallucinations.

Both hallucinations/dreams offer AJ a sweet, ideal, endearing happiness that could honestly only be conjured by a child in near death or by shock.

The ending at the school is so surreal and lucid. It feels like something out of a dream. The tone of the characters, the music being played, the mood -- while earnest -- feels slightly off.

Very similar to the Mass Effect 3 ending. The ending was so lazily written the fans had to construe a better one for themselves and to satisfy what they felt was unfulfilled.

So I think there's plenty room for hallucinations/dreams in people's headcanons.

Poptarts posted: »

I've been pretending that everything that occurred after the swing of the axe is just a dream sequence / hallucination, much like the ranch

Sign in to comment in this discussion.