What Did You Want For An Ending?
Lots of people either love the ending or hate it. If you hated the ending, what would you have liked to see that would've changed the episode's quality for you? If you loved the ending, is there anything you'd change or did you like it the way it was? This is only for what you wanted to see in ep.4. Please do not just post about how you think the game was shit and never should've been made. We already have a thread for that. Just post what you would've liked to see.
1. I would've like to have a bit more interaction with the characters - Aasim, Willy, Louis, Violet, Omar(especially). I would've liked to get to know Omar a little better as well as Aasim. I wanted to know their reasons for coming to Ericson, cause Aasim and Omar seem pretty normal.
2. I also would've liked a bit more roaming segments. We had one with the cave, but I would've to tour Ericson and talked to all the kids one last time - like what we did in ep.1 and pay our respects to everyone we lost - Marlon, Mitch, Brody, Tenn.
3. I hate her, but I wish we had the chance to save Minerva. I was expecting the choice to save her or leave her as she was fighting the herd after the boat explosion. But I loved her as a villain so this one isn't too big for me.
4. I would've enjoyed a choice or two that has more than one massive outcome. Let's say you trust AJ to make the HARD CALLS. He shoots Tenn and saves Clem. If you don't trust him, he spares Tenn and kills/leaves Clem.
5. The episode's pace was pretty fast. Ep.1 - 3 had their time to slow down and develop certain characters. Ep.4 was under 2 hours - 1:40 if I'm not mistaken. I wish it were longer. It would've been nice to see those 20 minutes used to flesh out Aasim/Omar a little bit more.
Overall, I liked this season. I had a lot of fun playing it. I felt for the characters and wanted the kids to succeed and live peaceful lives - god knows they deserve it.
Edit - I'm seeing a lot of people wishing for multiple endings, but we already have those in the shape of the Vi/Lou/Tenn choice as well as who you saved in ep.2. I think it's cool that if you romance Vi/Lou and let them get captured - they will still be Clem's partner.
Multiple endings based on choices made in previous episodes
These might've been nice
1. More than one ending
2. A last hub with each of the surviving characters before the ending
3. Clementeen dead
4. Choices and Interactions Mattering
5. Better pacing
6. Better villains/antagonists
7. A longer, better placed Ranch section?
Not that it was a bad scene, I enjoyed it, but the barn scene came with a price. I wish they would have left it out so that Clementine wasn’t bitten in the first place, at least make it determinant, as well as add some extra character moments to make up for it, Louis, Violet, Aasim, Willy and Omar would be preferable.
Oh-oh-oh, and maybe this along for 3!
Id make multiple endings, Im perfectly fine with the super happy ending, but it doesnt feel correct that is "the" ending. Getting an ending like that should be based on all your choices crashing down to what ending you get, instead it just makes the game feel like lesser quality because everyone gets this ending (And its the last season ever, its not like another season is going to come along, so they could go all out on endings if they wanted to)
Id change the Ranch flashback so it happens in episode 3, and the Lee dream in episode 4. I feel thematically it would fit way more. Id also make it so Violet and Louis dont get an "OOF" death. Make them bit on the neck, let us get a goodbye moment to get at our feelings. I found it pretty lame the 2 characters with the most time and development to them just get killed without really pulling any heartstrings.
I have a lot of things to say but I'll save them for later. The ending though.. I'm just really conflicted. I like it, think it's somewhat satisfying and completes AJ's character arc pretty well, but there's just something missing. Some more substance to AJ and the choices surrounding him.
That's what I propose, because if you based multiple endings around AJ's character, it wouldn't end up as good as it did here. You could still do that though, just make Clem get bitten and then if you let AJ make the hard calls then he saves Clem's life but dies in the process and the schoolers come late but save Clem just in time, so after the ranch sequence Clem wakes up and finds out that she survived, with Lou/Vi/Tenn and some other schoolers at her side and some other cool stuff happens, maybe a compliation of Clem and AJ moments including some scenes players missed out on. Rough draft. But if you don't let him make the hard calls then he shoots/leaves Clem and survives. After the ranch sequence it's pretty much the same as TFS but after picking up the leaf/cool camera tricks then it is revealed that a time-skip has occured. I've drafted like 4 different types of ends, including ones where AJ gets bit but it works best if Clem gets bit.
In summary I'm conflicted because although the ending is great and it helps AJ's character a lot, it's so definite and you could take 5 different playthroughs and the player's AJ would be virtually the same. Only small differences, which is fine I guess, only becomes a problem when there's a message at the start of the game that teases something similiar to Same Stitch. Maybe remove that message, and also add in a lot more choices about how to act in TWD world in the first 3 episodes that actually matter and make it so that based on your choices (Got End statement/point system) AJ decides whether or not to kill Lily.
As for the ending we got, you could make a few small changes to the scenes which makes it less of a mindbuster and it would be relatively acceptable.
1. Show that 10-15 minutes has passed/
2. Make the walker that's about to eat Clem outisde the barn actually touch her eyes so some dirt comes around it, covering the fact that she doesn't look much like a walker (something TFS did wrong, it's always been the unspoken rule that the closer someone looks to a walker the closer they are to turning. You could say it's only been 1 minute but if you depict the bite victim with walker eyes and skin then timing doesn't matter and neither will chopping off the origin location)
3. Actually show that Clem has a fever throughout the episode/make her close her eyes more in the barn
4. Have Clem say 'I have to get you back to the school' once alongside 'keep moving forward'
5. Have Minerva's axe fall so there's only a small knife. Axe is found on the walker that AJ guts.
6. Make the last seconds of fakeout first-person, then blend into ranch sequence
7. Have AJ's recount of how he saved Clem in his room and he can read it out.
I wanted a time skip
Oh wait, they do?
Yeah, I was kinda wondering why they didn't do that.
Because of me, hehe. xo
I don't feel like writing a huge wall so i'll talk about this really fast,what i wanted for Episode 4 :
Better pacing,real stakes a good goal and not just "going home".
More variations,multiple endings,have all of the choices you made and the relationships you had with the characters determinate your ending(s).
Have Lee appear in the finale episode.
Do something more interesting with the determinant characters.
And..i'm already sick of talking about this shit so yeah that's it.
I would've definitely loved to have seen something interesting with the final choices considering they had the freedom not to have to worry about how it would all tie together later.
But yes, Lilly if you spare her, when you see her again she's already aboard a raft out of reach of arrow range. Her people are fighting walkers on the beach you'll see in a few moments after your conversation with her, while the other children are getting the horse and cart ready.
AJ if you trust him to make the right call ( if you didn't have him shoot Lilly ), will shoot Tenn so that the love interest lives. If you don't trust him, your love interest dies getting Tenn across so he lives. It's a strange choice for that scenario as he's a lot closer to Tenn than James, and was very upset that he died because of Clementine's choice.
I played out both scenarios just to see what the differences were, and really wished there were more or that the differences were more impactful I guess.
I didn't even think about Lilith floating the coast.
But yeah, it's rather clear that, much like From the Gallows, they just sorta threw together a few things without fully thinking through their context and sent the finale out the door asap.
We kinda got multi endings in the form of Violet/Louis/Tenn death. Plus, if you romanced Vi/Lou and let them get captured; they're still Clem's partner at the end.
I kinda wanted that Hard Call choice too. If you trust him, he shoots Tenn and saves Clem. Don't trust - spares Tenn and kills/leaves Clem. An interesting idea would be mentoring AJ for 3 episodes and watch him make his own choices in ep.4 based on what you taught him.
I don't think it's cause they didn't think it through - they were just pressed for time.
The Still Not Bitten team were scramblibg to get these episodes for us - not because they just wanted to dump them on us, but because Telltale was closing down and they were being rushed to finish it.
With the ending which they went with, they should've scratched Clem's fake out death and make us play as AJ chopping Clem's leg off and trying to save her etc...
Given that tumble post, I almost wonder if that was a plan at one point.
Tbh you didn't really say anything beyond what's already been established from what fans want (in a more general tone). But it's fine
I wanted Clementine to be Determinat,The first choice of the episode if yo trust AJ or not should’ve not only affected Tenn Louis/Violets fate but also Clementines I was disappointed on my second playthrough of this outcome and have to say that Clementines Plot armor is impenetrable.
Here's a few other things that might've helped elaborate the endings and the results:
If Clementeen dies, have dialogue and interactions with certain characters altered to reflect this.
If Louis/Violet died, perhaps have Tenn retrieve their weapon when he wandered across their body again.
My main problem was the pacing. I felt like some unneccessary scenes dragged on for too long but the whole pisode was rushed in general. It lacked some kind of significance to the plot.
There were alternate endings in the form of Vi/Lou/Tenn
Pretty much but they all look the same despite the change of the (only good) side characters.
I originally thought after ep.2 that there'd be a really bad ending where everyone dies and the school is destroyed by walkers.
Sounds better than the game as a whole.
TFS could have been something like Until Dawn.
That would've been awesome. It's a shame, really, I figured we would've gotten something like Until Dawn since Telltale didn't have to worry about sequels
One of my all-time favourite games.
I may actually prefer it to Season One.
Why the hell did you reply to your own comment?
I don't think they know what the edit button is. @RobertHirschko1 To add more to a submitted post you can click the gear in the top right corner of your post.
Sometimes I do it instead of editing my posts. It is an add-on.
I do, but thank you. ?
I feel like there's something missing...
Completely disappointed they didn't go with multiple endings.
They did in the form of Vi/Lou/Tenn
Meh. Those are endings for the sub-plot.