What Did You Want For An Ending?

2»

Comments

• I'm tempted to change the twist, but I think that's just nitpicking that would have reduced the impact. So just two things, really:

1. Have the ability to avenge James' death.
    2. Have Violet act more outraged at Minnie. Do they ever address their past relationship?
  • But, come on, who would actually want the ending where Clem dies?

Meh. Those are endings for the sub-plot.

• A good number of people, actually.

But, come on, who would actually want the ending where Clem dies?

• You know there's room for multiple endings other than "Clem lives/dies" right?

But, come on, who would actually want the ending where Clem dies?

• Yeah, Vi/Lou/Tenn die/live. Telltale wanted their to be multiple endings that could still be seen as "good" or "happy" and that's what we got

You know there's room for multiple endings other than "Clem lives/dies" right?

• Like?

• Clem and AJ becoming like the Walker "couple" (AJ forces himself to be a wallker).

Clem and AJ in a surprise plot twist leave the Ericson school and go on the road again.

I would have liked an ending where James comes back as the antagonist and tries to kill Clem and kidnap AJ one last time.

So much potential.

Like?

• There’s only so much you can put into this game after the company who used to make it closed down. If the ending was what they were going for, then I’m more than happy Skybound at least let the remaining team finish it the best way they could.

• Nah, James wouldn't work as an antagonist

Clem and AJ becoming like the Walker "couple" (AJ forces himself to be a wallker). Clem and AJ in a surprise plot twist leave the Ericson

• Or a villain anyway.

Nah, James wouldn't work as an antagonist

• Antagonist is the villain

DabigRG posted: »

Or a villain anyway.

• Not necessarily.

Antagonist is the villain

• Hm, I didn't know there was a difference between the two. Could you explain?

Not necessarily.

• From my immediate understanding, an antagonist is just generally someone who comes into conflict with an protagonist and/or other main characters. And a villain is an antagonist that is often much more direct in fighting the hero and for being, well, bad.

They are closely related and somewhat interchangeable, but not mutually exclusive.

Hm, I didn't know there was a difference between the two. Could you explain?

• Yeah, that's what I think too. But I'm struggling to give proper examples from this season. Could you count Episode 3 James (if you don't agree with him) an antagonist?

From my immediate understanding, an antagonist is just generally someone who comes into conflict with an protagonist and/or other main chara

• No, not remotely.
    There, he's just a guy with a particularly weird take on things trying to open up about his backstory and worldview.
    Also, he's compromising his own beliefs to help you, so....

Ghetsis posted: »

Yeah, that's what I think too. But I'm struggling to give proper examples from this season. Could you count Episode 3 James (if you don't agree with him) an antagonist?

• So would Arvo be an antagonist but not a villain?

No, not remotely. There, he's just a guy with a particularly weird take on things trying to open up about his backstory and worldview. Also, he's compromising his own beliefs to help you, so....

• Precisely.

So would Arvo be an antagonist but not a villain?

• Like...

A good number of people, actually.

• Yeah, but I guess a lot of people wanted her to die for some reason

• Antagonist works against the protagonist. But more often than not, the antagonist area him/herself as the hero

Not necessarily.

• Not gonna lie, I misread the question.
    But still, most of the people who've commented here for starters.

Yeah, but I guess a lot of people wanted her to die for some reason

• I kniw a lot of people wanted her dead, but I can't wrap my head around why.

Not gonna lie, I misread the question. But still, most of the people who've commented here for starters.

• I’m glad that if we were only going to get one ending, it was the one they gave us. I would however have liked an alternate ending where Clem effectively sacrificed herself to save everyone.

The game would then probably end with the kids back at the school, where they had built some sort of tribute to Clem, sharing stories about their time with her and what she had done for them.

Don’t think anyone (well maybe one or two) wanted her to die just for the sake of it...

• Obviously those of us who desired for her to die still wanted it to be good writing.

Rankles75 posted: »

I’m glad that if we were only going to get one ending, it was the one they gave us. I would however have liked an alternate ending where Cle

• Episode 4 definitely is, as I said before.

He utterly turns against Clem and tries to kidnap a 5-6 year old, and only fails because he sucks.

Yeah, that's what I think too. But I'm struggling to give proper examples from this season. Could you count Episode 3 James (if you don't agree with him) an antagonist?

• I wanted Clem to live and got it. Seven years of playing this series was all worth it. But also, I wanted some other things too. Like way back in Season 2, I was hoping Kenny and Sarah would live and make it all the way to this season's end. Also, having Minnie come to her senses and surviving would've been nice too.

• I thought Minerva would be redeemable. We'd tell her that Lilly tried to kill Tenn then Minerva helps us take down the raiders. Then she joins us at the school. She takes down her grave but pays heavy respects to Sophie's.

I wanted Clem to live and got it. Seven years of playing this series was all worth it. But also, I wanted some other things too. Like way ba

Sign in to comment in this discussion.