There’s Hope Guys.?

2»

Comments

• I agree with @Melton23 , even though I love all zombies as a collective The Walking Dead has got me more intrested in zombies just like how Resident Evil.

Melton23 posted: »

Some people, including myself, prefer “walkers” as opposed to runners/sprinters/insert other special zombie type here. At most they should be joggers, it just makes zombies feel more authentic imo.

• Put Clementine merchnlike T-shirts Coffee cups And Hell even key chains would be nice to...her hat logo would be A great ornament for a keychain or a key necklace.

I agree that we shouldn’t be more of clementine...buuut if we don’t see her anymor then she is bound to be forgotten about, left in a dusty

• edited April 2019

Anything to let people know that she will always be one of the walking dead’s icons. Hell, she’s just as important as Rick Grimes considering they are the only 2 true protagonists in twd, aside from Madison but...yeah...

Put Clementine merchnlike T-shirts Coffee cups And Hell even key chains would be nice to...her hat logo would be A great ornament for a keychain or a key necklace.

• edited April 2019

I think another important factor to consider is the rapidly declining popularity and interest in the walking dead franchise as a whole. The TV show has dropped to historic low viewership with more viewers exiting the series then adding coupled with a general dissatisfaction of the series by its fans not even mentioning Rick's depature from the show.

Even The viewership and interest among Telltales walking dead has also noticeably declined as well. And it declined even worse for the latter part of the series after it resumed with Skybound.

I personally think that the walking dead franchise as a whole is steadily dying off with the general public simply not as engaged by the product as they were 4-6 years ago.

Not even adding the disaster which was Overkill's 1st person walking dead game which did not do the walking dead franchise any favors at all.

• Essentially.

And it declined even worse for the latter part of the series after it resumed with Skybound.

Really now?

Chibikid posted: »

I think another important factor to consider is the rapidly declining popularity and interest in the walking dead franchise as a whole. The

• Wouldn’t kill them either if they had a limited addition Kenny hat.

Anything to let people know that she will always be one of the walking dead’s icons. Hell, she’s just as important as Rick Grimes considering they are the only 2 true protagonists in twd, aside from Madison but...yeah...

• The unfortunate truth.

I truly hope they don't continue further with anymore Telltale walking dead games. I know it's hard for people to let go of something they l

• "Nobody cares about your opinion" is not an argument point nor does it disprove anything nor is it factual and ironically can apply to you or anyone else.

That’s exactly my point. You hardly liked season 2, and you’re still here expressing complaints that honestly nobody cares about because...?

• I used the word quite literally, because there’s only like 3-4 people here who actually disliked the episode, and quite a lot of people here are getting fed up with the exact same complaints even though it’s not going to change anything, I mean what’s with the repetitiveness? People here do care about each other’s opinions, but unfortunately that only happens if their opinion falls under a certain criteria, and seeing as how it looks like we need to put up with this bs until this place is shut down, we honestly need to make it clear that we don’t care that you didn’t like the ending, you’ve already told us this information how many times? Honestly, it’s like asking Dabig to make decent memes but still getting the exact same kind of memes.

Dan10 posted: »

"Nobody cares about your opinion" is not an argument point nor does it disprove anything nor is it factual and ironically can apply to you or anyone else.

• Atleast from the general public if you look at how much active enthusiasm there was and actual buzz. The 1st teaser released from Telltale for the final season amassed 239k viewership which dropped to 188k viewership for the official trailer down 148k viewership for episode 2. Compare that to EP3 under Skybound which only garnered 101k viewership which dropped to 88k viewership for the season finale. Even the promotional videos and content that Skybound release to advertise the final season struggled to garner 60k+ viewership.

DabigRG posted: »

Essentially. And it declined even worse for the latter part of the series after it resumed with Skybound. Really now?

• Ooh....

Atleast from the general public if you look at how much active enthusiasm there was and actual buzz. The 1st teaser released from Telltale f

• Not really surprised this is a thing, they already did try to explore new twd stories, problem was they tried to do it while brushing an already ongoing story aside. Maybe now that Clementine's story is over they can properly focus on delivering a really solid cast and well paced story revolving around new characters. TWD has an infinite amount of stories to tell so I have no doubt they can pull it off.

Take 2-3 years off get back behind the drawing board and figure shit out. Then come back with something that's well thought out and worth playing. if they're gonna continue with the usual layout I reckon they need to brush up on the choice mechanics and whatnot, get rid of the 90 min thing which TFS did well for the most part.

• Exactly.

Legendary12 posted: »

Not really surprised this is a thing, they already did try to explore new twd stories, problem was they tried to do it while brushing an alr

• The problem/question is can Skybound/telltale make a successful future installment of the series without Clementine as a center character or not a character at all. The final season did not perform ideally and ANF performed abysmally as well. Also the fan investment and engagement with the walking dead as a franchise is reached a historic low point which only seems to be further on the decline then upwards.

Not really surprised this is a thing, they already did try to explore new twd stories, problem was they tried to do it while brushing an alr

• I will probably never bother with what Skybound is going to do with the future of TWD gaming. TWD has been repeating the same formula for years. It'll probably be hard to make a story just as good as Clementine's.

They did try with Javier. He was cool and all but his story was just plain boring and very unsatisfying. He deserved better. Season 3 looked like it had a better plot than ANF.

• edited April 2019

Regardless of popularity or not. Lee and Clementine started off as a simple idea at one point, and I have no doubt that there are potential ideas in that world that are just as compelling yet to be made.

The problem/question is can Skybound/telltale make a successful future installment of the series without Clementine as a center character or

• Ideas are one thing until it comes to having to execute and apply those ideas into action. I just have a difficult time seeing any future installment of Telltale's walking dead managing any degree of legitimate success outside of Clementine's story. The sales have been on a steady downwards decline from S2 with ANF only worsening the situation and the final season hardly had anywhere near the amount of excitement it should have.

I just think think that we've come to the point where the zombie genre and more specifically walking dead franchise have come and gone from their glory days to a husk of what it was. I just don't see that much enthusiasm outside of perhaps the core fans for future installments which even that I'm uncertain of.

Regardless of popularity or not. Lee and Clementine started off as a simple idea at one point, and I have no doubt that there are potential ideas in that world that are just as compelling yet to be made.

• Gabe/David where the problem to begin with.

AronDracula posted: »

I will probably never bother with what Skybound is going to do with the future of TWD gaming. TWD has been repeating the same formula for ye

• I think a major part of the sales going down was also because of the company itself, overstocked and oversaturated with games and way in over their heads. Trying to chug out all these games instead of focusing on one or two really affected the quality all around.I personally think the whole 'TWD getting old' thing is a tad exaggerated if I'm honest, it's a thing, but not as big of a thing as people make it out to be. It was the inability to keep making quality games, not the world itself, I still think the world is pretty rich for story opportunity if they take more time to plan out characters/arcs better.

It'll be hard to be equal to or top Clem's story, but not impossible.

Ideas are one thing until it comes to having to execute and apply those ideas into action. I just have a difficult time seeing any future in

• If they were going to make more walking dead games with new characters then the only way i would be satisfied with it is if they make the games identical to the way Season 1 was made. I can’t let go of that game and how good it was. Sadly i know no matter how much they’d try, they’d never make it like that one again.

• Don't make the game for another 3 years at the very least. Maybe by then I will miss the concept and give new characters a chance. Bonus points if the story doesn't take place in the US.

• Im also wondering if it helps to release the game as a whole instead of giving us one episode at a time. Personally I always waited for the complete season to be released instead of playing once an episode released. Having to wait months between episodes wasnt really an option for me.

• Ideas are one thing until it comes to having to execute and apply those ideas into action.

This pretty much underlines what probably the most frequent pitfall of this game series after Season 1.
    Ideas in themselves are typically not all that flawed, but it's a notable strain or outright failure to pull them off that makes a product qualify as bad. And Telltale, for whatever variety of reasons, constantly shows/proves that they can't satisfactorily maintain character much less story arcs beyond some relatively shallow appeal beats.

Ideas are one thing until it comes to having to execute and apply those ideas into action. I just have a difficult time seeing any future in

• Yeah, don’t want things to be rushed just like ANF was Re-written and rush.

Silktree posted: »

Don't make the game for another 3 years at the very least. Maybe by then I will miss the concept and give new characters a chance. Bonus points if the story doesn't take place in the US.

• If they keep milking the series for the sake of it, then 'A New Frontier' and prior instalments will be classified as masterpieces. Mark my words, honey. xo

Yeah, don’t want things to be rushed just like ANF was Re-written and rush.

• edited April 2019

It's because TT only cared about the bottom line and whatever was the financial incentive.

S2, S3, S4, were never written with any sort of real artistic integrity or narrative foresight. They were written purely because of "this can potentially give us some financial success due to S1". These weren't planned out. These weren't intentional outlines for a series. These were whims.

S2 was a whim based on the huge success of S1. S3 was a whim based on the moderate success. S4 was originally something else, a return to Clem because of the reception to ANF and there was no intention of actually ending her story, but it turned into TFS because of the bankruptcy that was slowly creeping upon them and they knew it.

A factory churning out identical junk.

That's why they changed writers literally every season. And why none of them looked or felt similar when put in comparison side-by-side. Why the writing literally regressed with every subsequent output. This wasn't an earnest company making art, just a factory trying to churn out schlock and hoping for a good return.

Telltale "failed" to recreate the storytelling peak of S1 and TWAU because they willingly chose not to.

DabigRG posted: »

Ideas are one thing until it comes to having to execute and apply those ideas into action. This pretty much underlines what probably

Sign in to comment in this discussion.