What Could've Made The Final Season Better?

13»

Comments

• Well if anyone's interested a dev confirmed yesterday in a discord AMA that an original plan for this season was having Clem go back to her house!

But it was dropped because they couldn't make it work. : (

I'd have The Final Season actually be about Clementine's character, which in my opinion would require rebooting it to the core. I think the

• Mind making a thread about that AMA?

Well if anyone's interested a dev confirmed yesterday in a discord AMA that an original plan for this season was having Clem go back to her house! But it was dropped because they couldn't make it work. : (

• Was there any other interesting tid bits?

Well if anyone's interested a dev confirmed yesterday in a discord AMA that an original plan for this season was having Clem go back to her house! But it was dropped because they couldn't make it work. : (

• More Memes

• Lilly being dropped. Okay i get it you wanted an old face to come back but why bother bringing her back just to make her an insane psychopath i hated Lilly but i did not want those fans who did like her be spit in the face by to Telltale be like "yeah okay shes evil lol"

• Welcome to the Telltale Community, Nick.

Lilly being dropped. Okay i get it you wanted an old face to come back but why bother bringing her back just to make her an insane psychopat

• To be fair, Lilly has done some pretty evil stuff in S1

Lilly being dropped. Okay i get it you wanted an old face to come back but why bother bringing her back just to make her an insane psychopat

• edited August 2019

Nothing about the game, but perhaps a toxic-free Community to support the game, instead of what was around at that time, and what exists now?
    Not a dig towards the OP, but rather towards the toxic users

• Is it really that bad?

Nothing about the game, but perhaps a toxic-free Community to support the game, instead of what was around at that time, and what exists now? Not a dig towards the OP, but rather towards the toxic users

• Yessir, quite bad. It is also disheartening to see someone talk shit about a game you love, provide ridiculous reasons as to why they feel it is shit, really isn't necessary you know?

DabigRG posted: »

Is it really that bad?

• Hm.

Yessir, quite bad. It is also disheartening to see someone talk shit about a game you love, provide ridiculous reasons as to why they feel it is shit, really isn't necessary you know?

• Gracias :smiley: yeah I've been here before but left thanks for the welcome !

DabigRG posted: »

Welcome to the Telltale Community, Nick.

• Oh I 100% agree but there's a difference between shooting someone in the face out of grief and conscripting children in a pointless war. & she was presented as someone who wasn't completely gone either as Clem reached into her humanity in some Playthroughs with the whole "were family" line that got completely ignored in the next episode. maybe it could've been pulled off but it was presented very ridiculously.

To be fair, Lilly has done some pretty evil stuff in S1

• edited August 2019

sorry for taking so long but i didn't have access to my computer last week.

I'll make a thread about the AMA and posting all its questions if the mods over there let me do that ( @dabigrg ) but for now here are some highlights:

when asked about Kenny and Jane he said that during that time Telltale was basically at it's peak shittiness - Shifting everyone from one team to another, taking on a thousand projects etc etc and he basically goes and blames the fact that ANF is not about Clem on the execs and that the creative team had little to no say on it. We kind already knew this

he confirms the s4 ending was not altered in any way by skybound

everyone in the office knew Lilly had been leaked and that's part of why she was put in the trailer. including her there was a direct order from the higher ups, he guesses it was because they wanted to captivate older fans

the guys hardly knew the new CEO, but he says he was wayyy more "hands off" than Kevin, which made people's jobs easier. he also says working conditions improved after the lay-offs

also here's a wolf among us one since i believ you'd be interested: he was asked about TWAU2's artstyle and he said "didn't some key art already get leaked?" he also said the game would be very different from anything TT had done before and that they had original devs from s1 working on it

(got permission short after writing this, here's the AMA: https://community.telltale.com/discussion/123758/kuba-former-telltale-creative-director-ama/p1?new=1)

Poogers555 posted: »

Was there any other interesting tid bits?

• I totally get what you're saying, but it has been 9 years. Lilly was probably on her own for a long long time before finding the Delta. People change fast when they're surviving by themselves. I don't know if you watch the show, but Rick forbid his group from killing people in S1. Even he wanted to avoid taking human life. S3 -- Rick is killing people and leaving some to be eaten alive. And S1-S3 take place within 10 months. Rick changed his entire outlook on life in such a short time and he had his family and friends. Lilly had nobody. She would've changed quickly to survive. No doubt she's done some pretty ruthless between S1 and S4. Clem isn't the same person she was in S1. She changed every season -- becoming more and more ruthless. Lilly did too -- just off screen. Which is why so many think her behavior in S4 is so out of character.

Oh I 100% agree but there's a difference between shooting someone in the face out of grief and conscripting children in a pointless war. &am

Sign in to comment in this discussion.