Is this place dead?

Comments

• Maybe Skybound will announce something after the Definitive Edition is released. I'm hoping the D.E is just to hold us over for an announcement of a future TWD game. They got some of the TT guys, Kent said he has ideas on where to take the story. Or maybe they'll anlince something new. If either happens - this site will get another burst of life.

• This place two years ago was gold.

• Yeah but making a new game or announcing a some kind of a sequel will take years to make, this site won't last more than 2 months from now.

Maybe Skybound will announce something after the Definitive Edition is released. I'm hoping the D.E is just to hold us over for an announcem

• Almost, thought it's had two false alarms.

• Maybe just a little bit....

• Don't know if it'll take years - Wasn't TFS announced like a year after ANF? And maybe with Skyblubds resources and manpower - a game wouldn't take all that long to get started if they keep the old TT formula

Yeah but making a new game or announcing a some kind of a sequel will take years to make, this site won't last more than 2 months from now.

• That's partly cause they rushed to show and not too long after give people something different, but fair enough.

Don't know if it'll take years - Wasn't TFS announced like a year after ANF? And maybe with Skyblubds resources and manpower - a game wouldn't take all that long to get started if they keep the old TT formula

• Yes.

Honestly, at this point I'd prefer if the forums died for real and stopped coming back.

• Yea that's never gonna happen :s

Maybe Skybound will announce something after the Definitive Edition is released. I'm hoping the D.E is just to hold us over for an announcem

• To be honest I am not sure there are going to be anymore Walking Dead games of Telltale's style in the future. Even though the first game hit it big the series as a whole was not very profitable. And the first game's great sells could probably largely be attributed to timing in that the game was released when show was the new hit series on tv and the zombie survival horror genre was a popular fad at the time. Now the Walking Dead franchise has pretty much come and gone. THe shows (while still getting good viewership and still the most highly rated stuff AMC has) is losing viewership at an alarming rate. In 2015 the show was getting about 14 or 15 million viewers an episode. In 2019 though the viewership was down into the 4 and 5 million range. We all know what happened to the game series and even the comic now (which probably has the most hardcore following of the three forms of media) has lost some readers over the last year or two.

At this point if there is going to be anykind of resurgence of a Walking Dead story driven video game series I think it would almost take Naughty Dog choosing to drop their Last of Us franchise in order to make Walking Dead games for it to happen. You definitely shouldn't expect Skybound to pull it off as they are very small at this point and really only have the means right now to make smaller scale games and not the major titles like a 15 hour long story driven campaign would be.

• edited June 2019

One must be able to breath before becoming deceased
    ??

• They'd have to hire a lot of new developers, meaning the game could be very different from what we'd be used to. Not necessarily a bad thing. Also the game just isn't profitable anymore, Skybound knew they'd lose money and decided to make a Definitive Edition of the game to recoup some of the money that was lost. I mean they could make some profit from it but it would take a lot of begging and good media attention.

Don't know if it'll take years - Wasn't TFS announced like a year after ANF? And maybe with Skyblubds resources and manpower - a game wouldn't take all that long to get started if they keep the old TT formula

• Whether you think it is or it isn’t, you’re right...

• This place will just keep becoming more dead, Sweet heart.

• edited June 2019

Sadly yes, I broke my promises on trying to check in so no surprise there but yeah...it’s a waste land here.

Hope everyone goes to a website or community that fits their needs once it completely hit’s the bucket... unfortunately for me been busy in the Amino app were theres tones of community’s to join on.

• Perhaps,I mean hate to sound like a pessimist but I accepted its fate already even though mostly the diehard fans here will stay till the bitter an ,as I said before I try stay up to date here but I only see new content discussions from time to time but yeah hopefully the DE would give us some spark of light to us even though it’s probable.

• edited June 2019

As I said reality that’s what I was expecting but we might get surprises just like when Skybound surprised us on finishing TFS which ment a lot to the community ..maybe perhaps we could get the same miracle again?

Pipas posted: »

Yes. Honestly, at this point I'd prefer if the forums died for real and stopped coming back.

• In all honesty probably the only reason they did finish it was that it had been marketed as part of the comic universe and they wanted to avoid any bad press for the comic.

As I said reality that’s what I was expecting but we might get surprises just like when Skybound surprised us on finishing TFS which ment a lot to the community ..maybe perhaps we could get the same miracle again?

• Perhaps.

sony12 posted: »

In all honesty probably the only reason they did finish it was that it had been marketed as part of the comic universe and they wanted to avoid any bad press for the comic.

• This place is like Michael Myers at the moment.

• I’m amazed i’ve come back to check the site’s still up and surprised to see that it still is

• The site's been renewed for another year, ya'll!

• Louis was the best character in the whole series.

• That's just funny because I just watched the first 2 Halloween films.

MinerJas posted: »

This place is like Michael Myers at the moment.

• Not really the place for that, but hey.

MaikelRR_ posted: »

Louis was the best character in the whole series.

• Not really the place for what?

Every place is a good place to call Louis the best character in the history of TWD Game (which is obviously true).
    Every place is a good place to say "hey" as well.

DabigRG posted: »

Not really the place for that, but hey.

• Not just Telltale but also Walking Dead as a whole.

• Oh I'll move on, from this goddamn life before I decide to leave this all behind!

• Wish it had just been the latter.

AronDracula posted: »

Not just Telltale but also Walking Dead as a whole.

• Yes that's definitely true (or at least its been on a steep decline for about three years now) but please tell that to AMC. The show is going into its 10th season now and losing viewership like crazy now yet they continue to act like the franchise is just getting started.

AronDracula posted: »

Not just Telltale but also Walking Dead as a whole.

• I have not been on for some time because it would not accept my login details. Anyway, hi guys; I hope you are doing alright! 😊

• What changed?

I have not been on for some time because it would not accept my login details. Anyway, hi guys; I hope you are doing alright! 😊

• Hmm?

What changed?

• About your ability to sign in?

Hmm?

• Like me, it just finally happened when attempting to sign in on chrome. No "something went wrong. Try again later" message.

About your ability to sign in?

• I feel that.

I have not been on for some time because it would not accept my login details. Anyway, hi guys; I hope you are doing alright! 😊

• Yes.

Like me, it just finally happened when attempting to sign in on chrome. No "something went wrong. Try again later" message.

• Well, I was not able to sign in for months, I wonder if others had this too. For the fuck of it I tried again a few days ago and got in. Could be part of the problem. But yeah, this shit is so dead Jeffery Dahmer wants to fuck it.

• Who the fuck Jeffery Dahmer? And do I even want to know? :D

ZombieKenny posted: »

Well, I was not able to sign in for months, I wonder if others had this too. For the fuck of it I tried again a few days ago and got in. Could be part of the problem. But yeah, this shit is so dead Jeffery Dahmer wants to fuck it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.