The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    Hurk, did it again. But I drew Max too tall, pretend he's on a box or something >__>;;
    I love Sam's expression. Why is Max wearing a tie?
  • edited March 2010
    Is it just me, or does sam in that look like Stan
  • edited March 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I love Sam's expression. Why is Max wearing a tie?

Y'know, I drew Max without a tie before, and it..just didn't click for me, for some reason. It may change, but I like to think he has it loose so he can whip it off and choke people Hitman style.
  • edited March 2010
    Y'know, I drew Max without a tie before, and it..just didn't click for me, for some reason. It may change, but I like to think he has it loose so he can whip it off and choke people Hitman style.

YAY! That's a new one!
    Katsuro wrote: »
    I really like how you do your own style to draw Sam&Max. Looks great!

Thanks a lot ^^!
  • edited March 2010
    For some reason I keep imagining him gnawing on it whenever he gets bored.
  • edited March 2010
    For some reason I keep imagining him gnawing on it whenever he gets bored.

maxnomsties.png

Lack of effort goooo.
  • edited March 2010
    ^ I love it when forum posters inspire each other like this. Awesome.
  • edited March 2010
    Lol, I love it. The text is a bit hard to read though.
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    The text is a bit hard to read though.

Really? I had no trouble reading it.
  • edited March 2010
    Guess I'll jump onto the humanized!Sam and Max bandwagon too! I actually did these a couple weeks ago. I kinda tried to make them look as similar to their original designs as possible so they still look pretty cartoony.

2h50eqc.jpg
    My Max looks surprisingly like Cheri's version!

iyj4tt.jpg
    Sam looks like he got his brain drained. orz

Annnnd, besides that I have one last sketch. I was inspired by one of the DVD commentary tracks from S2 where TTG talked about how they originally planned on having
    Max crossdress and kiss his younger self to get him to like girls in Chariots of the Dogs.

So yeah, this happened. lol

10gikk8.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    Nice one Detective! Love your style *__*

Linked for HUUUUGE.

Soon as there was a mention of psychic powers, I came up with this whole convoluted story that would NEVER HAPPEN EVER but it's fun to mess with anyways. SLEW OF NEW CHARACTERS except for Leah (chick with the hat and Max problem) who I've had for a looong time.
  • edited March 2010
    Today I did this in Flash:

sammax4.png
  • edited March 2010
    Linked for HUUUUGE.

Soon as there was a mention of psychic powers, I came up with this whole convoluted story that would NEVER HAPPEN EVER but it's fun to mess with anyways. SLEW OF NEW CHARACTERS except for Leah (chick with the hat and Max problem) who I've had for a looong time.
    I can't read the text...
    Lack of effort goooo.
    Haha, awesome.
  • edited March 2010
    Majus wrote: »

I hope this is a sign of things to come :)
  • edited March 2010

It's that the aura coming out your notebook, right?

Anyway, It's look awesome ^^!
  • edited March 2010
    @Cheri
    A) You can't make Max taller than me. I've gotta be taller than somebody dangit!
    B) NomNomTie Max is my new favotirest thing evah. Super-glompable ^v^
    C) I love your guy with glasses (even if he does have a ponytail) and girl with hat! Well, mostly I love her hat (I love hats), but her hair is cute, too, and you're good at expressions.
  • edited March 2010

I hope this means I Wonder What Happens in Sam and Max: The Devils Playhouse.

Very well done, of course
  • edited March 2010
    I can't read the text...
    I'm not sure if you'd want to, it's all very silly. It deals with the different psychic abilities for Max, (this was before I knew of his canon abilities, so I tossed stuff in there randomly) Leah, Rei, (Masked kid) and the fact Sam was psychic too, but his powers are UNKNOWN.

Corny story, it is.
  • edited March 2010
    chewtoy11 wrote: »
    After introducing my son to the TV series, he was enamored with Sam and Max, and a puppet had to be made. We'll make a Sam one next, and post back afterwards.

We made this using (2) Sharpies, one red and one black, on some white card stock we picked up at Big Lots. We made 2 parts, the gaping maw and the head, and glue-sticked them onto a brown paper lunch bag. We used the concept art PDF from the DVD for a drawing reference.

OliverwithMaxPuppet.jpg

Spongebob is staring at Max.
  • edited March 2010
    TorntieWIPcolouredcopy.png?t=1268528007

Coloured the previous picture of humanized Sam & Max, and added Max's chewed up tie.
  • edited March 2010
    I love how Sam's popsicle hand has its pinky extended. Guy's got culture!

Orange for Max's eyes isn't something I would have thought of, but seems fitting in its own way. Love the added chewed-up tie.

*APPROVES*
  • edited March 2010
    I'm not a very good artist, but I recently got fascinated with little Sam & Max recently, so I drew this:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1219&stc=1&d=1268638480
    Sam is all "why is everything so unfair" and Max is all "look at me! look at me!" I'm ridiculously pleased with Sam's pose, because I didn't copy it off anything in particular.

Maybe I'll trace over it with MSPaint and colour it before I put the picture on deviantART. Might look better that way.
  • edited March 2010
    I actually did some doodles while I was working some time ago.
    One of 'm has Max in it. (Excuse the other doodles, I've used this image for other posts.)

hemadoodles1.gif
  • edited March 2010
    I both hate and love this thread at the same time because the art is amazing but I'm crap at drawing.
  • edited March 2010
    Felt like anatomy practice so HERE IT IS

Linked due to..well, shirtlessness.

I got no idea about the pose, and the scar is from an unwritten story of mine. Woop woop.
  • edited March 2010

I got no idea about the pose, and the scar is from an unwritten story of mine. Woop woop.

I'm always up for mindless speculation, soooo:

At first blush, I'd say the scar looks like a bite mark ... a very tiny bite mark. Caused by a rat, perhaps?
    I'm not a very good artist, but I recently got fascinated with little Sam & Max recently, so I drew this:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1219&stc=1&d=1268638480
    Sam is all "why is everything so unfair" and Max is all "look at me! look at me!" I'm ridiculously pleased with Sam's pose, because I didn't copy it off anything in particular.

Maybe I'll trace over it with MSPaint and colour it before I put the picture on deviantART. Might look better that way.

Proof that this thread needs more of Sam & Max as adorably impish kidlets. Or at least some measured doses thereof. <3
  • edited March 2010
    People liked it in the pre-order thread, so I guess I'll post this in here too.

voodoomax.jpg

Based on Avistews Max Pluche project.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2010

sammax4.png

Well, the "Wonder what happens..." series can't really return for "Sam & Max" now, can it? I mean, Majus isn't WONDERING any more...

Majus KNOWS!!

:( / ;)

But before I forget it: The line variation in this piece really surpasses your previous drawings - the overall quality is also much improved. You're practicing a lot now, right? Your webpage even hints at life drawing, is that correct?
  • edited March 2010

Wow, Sam has long legs when he's not wearing clothes that are too big for him. I like the scar. It's a nice detail.
    Proof that this thread needs more of Sam & Max as adorably impish kidlets. Or at least some measured doses thereof. <3
    The world needs more child versions of Sam and Max.

Like I said, I'm fascinated. I made up a bunch of stuff about them.
  • edited March 2010
    Wow, Sam has long legs when he's not wearing clothes that are too big for him. I like the scar. It's a nice detail.

No, that's just me and my penchant for longer legs on characters.

I'll fix that. Eventually.
  • edited March 2010
    Just thought I'd let you guys know that the fan art section of samandmax.com.uk is empty if any of you guys feel like sending 'em some of the stuff that you've posted in this thread.
  • edited March 2010
    I drew this one a few days ago with my tablet and forgot to put it here. I got really lazy with the background and the pose is... I dunno, but here you go.
    Max-1.png
  • edited March 2010
    It looks calm, he is about to attack or just has
  • edited March 2010
    maxmakescomic.th.png
    Something I made pretty damn long ago and never showed anyone. Probably because it wasn't particually funny. Sam is an egg, for whatever reason.
  • edited March 2010
    haha, great response by max!
  • edited March 2010
    Here's a crossover with Left 4 Dead that I had to draw.
    EllisandNick.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    He looks like he's "opening himself up to something" ;)

And thus did the rabbit-like creature of many teeths birth all evils unto the world and thus did man learn the horror of the pulling of the finger.

At least I hope that's what you meant.

Edit: Oh and torso-Sam ftw.
  • edited March 2010
    i hope he didnt mean... Aaaaaggh! the horror!
  • edited April 2010
    So yeah, I decided to try my hand at this thing. Although this really didn't start out as Sam and Max fanart, just Zim...they seemed to have snuck their way onto the paper in that way only they can do. Except I can't draw Sam. Or DeSotos. Or lagomorphs about to throw a rock at a horrible alien. By the way, Sam's mouth was open, but I wimped out and closed it. I need to figure out a way to draw him...

Click here because this picture is pretty freakin' huge
  • edited April 2010
    Hey, Steve commented on your fanart. That's pretty awesome!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.