Grand Adventures disc ships February 2010!

nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
edited February 2010 in Wallace & Gromit
Hey there enthusiasts,

We ran into some difficulty putting together the collector's DVD and to ensure you're getting the best possible product, we're shipping it starting January 2010. It won't be out in time for the holidays, but we have some great specials planned for our store for the season.

See you in January!

Comments

• David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    If you ordered this disc specifically for the holidays and don't want it otherwise, contact support@telltalegames.com and we can help you out.
  • edited November 2009
    Ooh! I'm an enthusiast. I feel so dignified.
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah! C'mon January :D
  • edited November 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Ooh! I'm an enthusiast. I feel so dignified.

I second this!

-super happy clasped hands smiley here-
  • edited November 2009
    I just hope the Monkey Island pins don't sell out by then...
  • edited November 2009
    NickClick2 wrote: »
    I just hope the Monkey Island pins don't sell out by then...

Can't you order them at the same time and request they ship together? :confused:
  • edited November 2009
    Can't you order them at the same time and request they ship together? :confused:
    If one item in your order is held back, so will the rest of your order. So yeah, they could order the disc and the pins now, and they'd ship at the same time.
  • edited December 2009

That is what I did. But I wasn't sure if they'd hold a pin set for me if it was going to sell out, or simply say "sorry, your item has sold out."
  • edited December 2009
    To those who have pre-ordered the disc, do you also gain access to the digital download? I'd like to make this a Christmas gift, but it's not as attractive an option if it's going to be late. Thanks.
  • edited December 2009
    Cant order them it same
  • edited December 2009
    photon1240 wrote: »
    To those who have pre-ordered the disc, do you also gain access to the digital download? I'd like to make this a Christmas gift, but it's not as attractive an option if it's going to be late. Thanks.
    Telltale's customers always do. If you're at all worried(which you shouldn't be), order this instead to get the whole season. and you'll qualify for the DVD, and can order that separately if you want.
  • edited December 2009
    'll Wait... (i've preordered in november).:D
    How long will it take before the package arrives in Italy?:rolleyes:
  • edited December 2009
    'll Wait... (i've preordered in november).:D
    How long will it take before the package arrives in Italy?:rolleyes:

6-8 weeks, if i remember correctly. So late feb-early march.
  • edited December 2009
    NickClick2 wrote: »
    That is what I did. But I wasn't sure if they'd hold a pin set for me if it was going to sell out, or simply say "sorry, your item has sold out."

If you've payed for it, I think its illegal for them to not give it to you. You have nothing to worry about.
  • edited December 2009
    6-8 weeks, if i remember correctly. So late feb-early march.

grazie!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Aww, Wallace moved under Strong Bad on the forum list!
  • edited December 2009
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    The most recent releases' forum sections (as far as I can tell) get bumped up to the top, and since SBCG4AP is now currently above Wallace & Gromit, I'm gonna say that gives a little more hope for a second season. ;)

Wow. What sore winners, eh?
  • edited January 2010
    Its January, and I'm really excited. I needn't say why. Don't ship it too late, guys I can hardly wait any longer
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2010
    We're still workin' on it! Keep you updated when we get a little closer to the production date.
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks nikasaur! Even small updates like this help ease the wait :D
  • edited January 2010
    whats happened with the disc? rolling around the end of January and not a squeak from Tell Tale. anybody have any idea when the T.O.M.I. disc coming out? Want to know if its worth canceling my current order for the W&G disc (with Sam and Max Season 2) and just getting all three together....
    edited January 2010
    W&G is nearing completion while ToMI is still on its way through production. You'll have to wait longer if you want to ship all 3 products with the Monkey Island DVD.
  • edited January 2010
    Hey! Look! The Estimate Shipping Date: January 2010 thing on the dvd's store page is gone!!!! Is this good or bad?
    edited January 2010
    Hey guys, we've finally nailed down a date! Shipping for the Wallace and Gromit Grand Adventures DVD will begin in February, which means you'll start receiving them around February 8th. Of course, some shipping will take a bit longer so for international customers, expect the discs to arrive throughout February and March.
    Thanks for your patience and we can't wait to get your games to you!
  • edited January 2010
    nikasaur wrote: »
    Hey guys, we've finally nailed down a date! Shipping for the Wallace and Gromit Grand Adventures DVD will begin in February, which means you'll start receiving them around February 8th. Of course, some shipping will take a bit longer so for international customers, expect the discs to arrive throughout February and March.
    Thanks for your patience and we can't wait to get your games to you!

Hooray! Thanks!
  • edited January 2010
    Yes!!!!!! *throws confetti and dances about*
  • edited January 2010
    moronic50 wrote: »
    whats happened with the disc? rolling around the end of January and not a squeak from Tell Tale. anybody have any idea when the T.O.M.I. disc coming out? Want to know if its worth canceling my current order for the W&G disc (with Sam and Max Season 2) and just getting all three together....

Considering strong bad's season finale was in december 2008 and the disk came out the following summer, I'm guessing sometime this summer, if they follow a similar production schedule. I hope not, as the wait would be unbearable:(
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks for the clarification nikasaur. I didn't order mine as soon as it went up so I expect I won't get it as soon as others, but regardless I can't wait to have it in hand.
  • edited January 2010
    Is there a specific date for shipping? I just placed my order and saw that it was back ordered.....?
  • edited January 2010
    I'm getting it free, just shipping cost. :)
  • edited January 2010
    Can you tell us if the games are in any way updated? Sound compression improved a lot during the course of ToMI, and if I remember correctly, W&G episodes 3 & 4 had some bugs (plus the episodes were missing the ability to adjust speech/effects/music volumes separately, which had the music way too loud on my system). Anything changed on that front?
  • edited January 2010
    Just wanted to say thank you to tell tale for the gift of the free game as a way of saying sorry about the long production time for the disc. Snapped up an episode of Bone, since i haven't played that and i never really liked Strong Bad. Looking forward to Sam & Max Season 3, can't wait!
  • edited January 2010
    Oh Telltale, you give me a free episode and all, you beautiful fools!

Cheers, looking forward to hearing the commentaries and whatever other goodies you've packed in there :)
  • edited January 2010
    A free episode? I own everything in your store... What do I do now?
  • edited January 2010
    TomPravetz wrote: »

Save it for a rainy day?
  • edited January 2010
    TomPravetz wrote: »

Same here :D It ends by the end of February, so I don't think it'll be redeemable for S&M Season 3. It'll make a good gift, then.
  • edited January 2010
    I love the free episode! But like a fool, I guess I waited too long to use my free episode code from pre-purchasing ToMI. I was going to use that yesterday too, but that is no longer valid.
    Oh well.
  • edited February 2010
    Man you guys are good.

I think I'll pick up an episode of Bone too.
  • edited February 2010
    I bought W&G episodes separately (one with a free coupon). Can I obtain the DVD for free (paying just the shipping expenses) or do I have to buy it? If I have to buy it how much is it? And if it's for free, can I wait till TOMI DVD is also out to pay shipping only once?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.