When will the Earl Boen version of chapter 1 be up?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I think that was Valve.
  • edited January 2010
    I stand corrected. It's not a recycled line from chapter one like I thought it was, but in all fairness, it's pretty difficult to tell the difference. I don't think anyone noticed that Earl Boen had returned until LeChuck changed back at the end of chapter four.

Actually, I noticed the doll first time. :p
  • edited January 2010
    stemot wrote: »
    Actually, I noticed the doll first time. :p

I noticed it wasn't Adam Harrington, but I thought it was Kevin Blackton. I was like "Wow, he's great as demon LeChuck too!". Then at the end I thought it was also Kevin Blackton, until I saw Earl in the credits.
  • edited January 2010
    I hope this goes on Steam too... I kinda regret buying it on Steam, as we kinda got shafted on release dates and some other things, but back then i figured that i might as well, since it would be the same price, easier to manage, and i couldn't get the DVD anyway.
  • harringtonvoharringtonvo Verified
    edited July 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    I know that we all love to have Earl Boen as LeChuck as he is the perfect fit for the character; but we should also give Adam Harrington a hand for also doing a terrific job! I really liked the way he voiced LeChuck and I think that he deserves a little more recognition and appreciation for how well he voiced one of the greatest video game villains of all time. Great job Adam!

You are THE MAN Hayden!! Thanks mate.
  • harringtonvoharringtonvo Verified
    edited July 2010
    I think the LeChuck doll should keep it's original voice as a tip of the hat to Adam Harrington!

You mean I could have been on a doll too! Dang!! In all seriousness though, Earl was always the true LeChuck. I was honored to stand in his shoes, if even for a short while. I voiced Moose in the manatee's belly too. Did they make a doll for him as well? If so, I've gotta have it!

Listen for me in Puzzle Agent out now. I voice Foreman Isaac and Scruffman. I love working for telltale. They really put thought into their characters and it shows.

Thanks Thriftweed (Thiftweed, I love that)

-Adam Harrington
    www.harringtonvo.com
  • edited July 2010
    Okay, so I have the Deluxe Edition of Tales now.

When is the downloadable Earl Boen version of Narwhal being released? Ever?
  • edited July 2010
    There can't be any logical reason why it can't be updated on the website. The only thing that could possibly be in the way would be the need to re-compile the game with the online activation as opposed to the disc-based activation that the standard/deluxe versions have. But seriously....that can't take up too much time/energy, can it?
  • edited July 2010
    Seriously, I think they're stalling for some reason. They don't want to update it. There has to be a reason. Surely if the disc is out in mac and pc, and the download is available for mac, wth could be holding them up on the pc version? TTG staff said it would be released "soon" before the Tales DVD was even available for preorder, and again several times since then.

I really think maybe they are spending so much time on other things, they don't care about updating the PC download because it won't get them any more profit. but then... if that were true, they wouldn't have done it for Mac or the DVD either.

I don't get it.
  • edited July 2010
    It could very well be they're busy and updating a single episode is a little low on their priority list. They do have the Universal licenses to work on. Still, they are going back on their word.
  • edited July 2010
    I sent in a support email asking about it. I wonder if they'll say anything.
  • edited July 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    I really think maybe they are spending so much time on other things, they don't care about updating the PC download because it won't get them any more profit. but then... if that were true, they wouldn't have done it for Mac or the DVD either.

I know I said this earlier in the other thread, but this is pretty much the exact reason I think the Tales DVD was lacking in content. Their resources were spread too thin over other areas, so the DVD finally got shoved out the door when they couldn't hold off any longer.
  • edited July 2010
    Spreading themselves too thin is a problem of poor management skills. It's the fault of whoever sets schedules and deadlines for things, not of the people carrying it out really.
  • edited July 2010
    You sure you want to be making claims like that? Dan Connors is a scary man...
  • edited July 2010
    Hey, I took a Systems Analysis course in college. Part of what the professor talked about was how to properly design a system and properly schedule which tasks to start at which times and in what order so that everything gets done in the most efficient manner.

Sure, that was all from from a theoretical standpoint in a classroom but it still holds that, in real life, if things didn't get done at least close to the deadline or if too many tasks are running concurrently, then the primary person(s) at fault are those who schedule when and in what order certain tasks are supposed to run.

It only makes sense.
  • edited July 2010
    That may all be true, but I wouldn't want to answer the door and find Dan Connors staring me down, then have my head explode two seconds later.

At least, I think he can do that. He's VERY scary...
  • edited July 2010
    Also; plans rarily survive first contact ;).
  • edited July 2010
    This is starting to annoy me. :|
  • edited July 2010
    Agreed.

COME ON PPL. I know there are other projects to work on, but for crying out loud, this is ridiculous having to wait so long for a FRICKEN DOWNLOAD of a version already available for Mac download and PC/Mac DVD.

also:
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    I sent in a support email asking about it. I wonder if they'll say anything.

They never replied to my email.
  • edited July 2010
    I actually kinda prefer Adam Haringtons Voice over in the original episode to Earl Boens. Although thats probably because i watched the trailer so many times! It just seems odd having someone else doing the lines, putting emphasis on different parts of the lines and words.
  • edited July 2010
    I like Earl Boen, but I don´t have problems with Adam´s work.
  • edited July 2010
    It's not about who's better, it's about not receiving a product we were promised.
  • edited July 2010
    I think it would be cool if TellTale left up Adam's version to, have it appear as an extra game "Launch of the Screaming Narwhal -Original Release" or something, of course that would mean them also putting up the Earl Boen version at some point! :p
  • edited July 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    I think it would be cool if TellTale left up Adam's version to, have it appear as an extra game "Launch of the Screaming Narwhal -Original Release" or something, of course that would mean them also putting up the Earl Boen version at some point! :p

I agree.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't like the Earl Boen version, he just doesn't sound like a good LeChuck. Now the person who voiced the original in 101 was really awesome, should've kept him and just changed the icon.
  • edited July 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    I don't like the Earl Boen version, he just doesn't sound like a good LeChuck. Now the person who voiced the original in 101 was really awesome, should've kept him and just changed the icon.

The thing about Earl Boen is that is -is- LeChuck, whether you think he's good or not. :P
  • edited July 2010
    I wonder if they lost the source code or something.
  • edited July 2010
    So I got my Deluxe package today and played the first part of Chapter 1. To me it seems that they replaced ony part of the Harrington lines with Earl's voice. Is that so?
  • edited July 2010
    I've been hearing that, but I clicked through all of the LeChuck dialogue options and failed to hear it. Could anyone say specifically which lines still sound like Harrington?
  • edited July 2010
    I've been hearing that, but I clicked through all of the LeChuck dialogue options and failed to hear it. Could anyone say specifically which lines still sound like Harrington?

It's the "What?" when Guybrush starts talking to LeChuck an the following lines:

"As you wish, my love."
    "The evil of LeChuck is always evolving in new and terrifying ways, Sheepgood."

As far as I can say, the rest is 100 % Earl.
  • edited July 2010
    So... People flipped out about Adam Harrington in the initial release. but now that we have Earl Boen they want him back? What an impossible to please bunch we are!
  • edited July 2010
    Perhaps they are waiting to put it up for download until they can guarantee whether or not they have those missing lines recorded. Makes sense.
  • edited July 2010
    So... People flipped out about Adam Harrington in the initial release. but now that we have Earl Boen they want him back? What an impossible to please bunch we are!

lol You're right actually.
  • edited July 2010
    I still want my Earl Boen PC download... -.-

It's been ages. what's the hold up?
    It's not about who's better, it's about not receiving a product we were promised.
  • edited July 2010
    maybe they think its not that important to get it out right now since its on the DVD that most people have.
  • edited July 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    maybe they think its not that important to get it out right now since its on the DVD that most people have.

so screw the people who dont?
  • edited July 2010
    I'm pretty sure those who want to keep his voicework aren't the same bunch who wanted the man lynched. =P

I *always* liked the harrington LeChuck. This was probably partially due to the fact that I associated Boen with games that I don't like, but all the same I'm not liking a performance that I despised earlier.

Also, all the same, it'd be nice if the Boen version got put up. =P
  • edited July 2010
    prizna wrote: »

They could at least post this officially.
  • edited July 2010
    Does anyone have a source for the Harrington version of ToMI Ep.1 Mac? I like my archives to stay complete.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited July 2010
    No Harrington Mac version has ever been released (it was Earl Boen from the get-go).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.