• edited March 2010
    Ordered yesterday:
    • Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition
    • Tales of Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set
    • Max & Crossbones T-Shirt - Large

I think it's a deal.
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I don't think it's viable. It takes 9 months for just one, sometimes 2, plus people tend to get attached and that gets nasty.
    I don't think the shipping savings would even cover the money spend during the 9 months anyways.
    What money spend? Do woman eat that much extra food during pregnancy? Just seperate them fast, lock them up on a small farmground all together, blow them up with much food, then cut 'em up and sell their meat. Pure profit, if a sizeable stock of homo sapien females is being used for it...
  • edited March 2010
    What money spend? Do woman eat that much extra food during pregnancy?

Enough to feed the baby... And it adds up. I mean it's a long period of time.
    There is also a money loss from having to stop working. And having to buy new clothes.
  • edited March 2010
    Stop working, buying new clothes? Since when does our human stock do any of these things? :p
  • edited March 2010
    So how about that DVD guys?!
  • edited March 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    It looks awesome, I can't wait for my copy to arrive. £11/12 well spent imo.
  • edited March 2010
    Didero wrote: »

I can't wait until April! All my current work deadlines finish by the 18th, so then it'll be time for ToMI Playthrough #4: This Time With Commentary. (I know the commentary is on a highlight reel, but that's enough of an excuse to play through it again)
  • edited March 2010
    Stop working, buying new clothes? Since when does our human stock do any of these things? :p
    Actually, work is a viable solution. If you can get the human stock to be relatively self-sufficient, you can cut out a lot of the costs. With a bit of an up-front investment in agriculture and with a large enough expanse of arable land, operating costs can be reduced greatly. Granted, this requires that a lot of time and effort goes into managing an efficient farm staffed by pregnant women on top of the baby-eating operation, but if you can pull that off we'd really be in business.

...Okay, so that's not viable either.
  • edited March 2010
    Would the babies be considered organic produce? We could easily double the price on them if they are.
  • edited March 2010
    Yay! :D

I'm happy.

62797177.png
  • edited March 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    Would the babies be considered organic produce? We could easily double the price on them if they are.
    That depends on a lot of factors, I think. Would the birthing process have to be done without anesthetic or drugs of any sort?

...Wait, wouldn't we have to feed the women all-organic produce? Otherwise, you could argue that the food supply could be contaminated. So that's no good, that would substantially raise operating costs.
  • edited March 2010
    ...Wait, wouldn't we have to feed the women all-organic produce? Otherwise, you could argue that the food supply could be contaminated. So that's no good, that would substantially raise operating costs.

If the women are growing their own food on a farm, couldn't we have them growing organic crops/raising organic livestock anyway? That would solve that problem, not sure about the birth issue though.
  • edited March 2010
    I honestly dont care about the shipping costs, since i find them pretty normal.
    Im unhappy about the loss of the exclusivity status for those who preordered the game itself.
    Even if it was just a slip cover, it still would have been nicer, if it was not included in the deluxe version, and kept for the early preorderers only.
  • edited March 2010
    If the women are growing their own food on a farm, couldn't we have them growing organic crops/raising organic livestock anyway? That would solve that problem, not sure about the birth issue though.
    That's the thing: I think we'd have enough trouble trying to run a farm staffed by pregnant women, without having to worry about making sure the food farm itself was organic. The reason organic food is more expensive is because the process provides less yield. Managing an organic farm to feed an organic farm? It seems like somewhere along the line, the production is going to collapse.
  • edited March 2010
    It's ok. A market exists, in Rapture, for cheap meats. You may not be aware, but we've had some trouble as of late. You could make a fortune in my city selling that sort of thing.
  • edited March 2010
    It's ok. A market exists, in Rapture, for cheap meats.
    Cheap?! I'm sorry, sir, but these would be a very expensive delicacy. Waiting nine months for a small meat yield, with relatively high operating costs, along with the fact that we will have cornered the market on babies for consumption will add up to an exorbitantly high end-user cost.
  • edited March 2010
    That's the thing: I think we'd have enough trouble trying to run a farm staffed by pregnant women, without having to worry about making sure the food farm itself was organic.
    Yeah. It will probably less work to just raise the price of our goods on bias that the women had lots of living space.
  • edited March 2010
    Cheap?! I'm sorry, sir, but these would be a very expensive delicacy. Waiting nine months for a small meat yield, with relatively high operating costs, along with the fact that we will have cornered the market on babies for consumption will add up to an exorbitantly high end-user cost.

It would still be relatively cheap compared to the meat we have down here. Have you ever seen in livestock in Rapture? NO! Not since the war! Oh, and Big Daddies are lousy fisherman. We subsist on months old tinned meat, and it's growing scarcer by the day. So, this idea would be comparatively cheap. This is a good call.
  • edited March 2010
    So, this idea would be comparatively cheap. This is a good call.
    I don't see how importing expensive dead baby meat is any more cost effective than importing cheap dead cow meat from more or less the same place. No wonder your city's so badly mismanaged.
  • edited March 2010
    I don't see how importing expensive dead baby meat is any more cost effective than importing cheap dead cow meat from more or less the same place. No wonder your city's so badly mismanaged.

Look, you mentally deficient ignoramus. Let me explain this. We grow them in splicers right here in Rapture, then we harvest them and viola! Cheaper than a bathysphere full of steak, for certain. You are a cretin of the worst sort.
  • edited March 2010
    Look, you mentally deficient ignoramus. Let me explain this. We grow them in splicers right here in Rapture, then we harvest them and viola! Cheaper than a bathysphere full of steak, for certain. You are a cretin of the worst sort.
    Well then that's your own personal operation, rather than anything that has to do with ours. Seems like growing them in splicers down there is like imbuing a cow meant for steak with laser eye beams and the agility of a million gymnasts. But hey, whatever works for you. Good luck with that doomed enterprise. I suppose at least you'll be staying in your comfort zone.
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    I don't consider anything related to Splicers to be delicious. ...Or nutritious.
  • edited March 2010
    nikasaur wrote: »
    I don't consider anything related to Splicers to be delicious. ...Or nutritious.

what about pie spliced with ice cream ^^
  • edited March 2010
    Well then that's your own personal operation, rather than anything that has to do with ours. Seems like growing them in splicers down there is like imbuing a cow meant for steak with laser eye beams and the agility of a million gymnasts. But hey, whatever works for you. Good luck with that doomed enterprise. I suppose at least you'll be staying in your comfort zone.

There is a comfort, you know, in inherently disastrous plans. You see, I never have to worry about success and failure. I know the outcome far ahead of time. Also, for those who doubt the tastiness of anything involving splicing, try splicing some olives into a roast ham some time. It's to die for!
  • edited March 2010

I don't know about that, it would certainly ruin my Sunday dinner if the roast suddenly turned into a mutant beehive and started spewing killer bees. That would certainly be my main concern with meat sourced from splicers.

And I guess the organic baby plan is doomed to failure. Could we still market them as ethically farmed, or would all the forced labour (pun unintended but still terrible) on the farm count against us?
  • edited March 2010
    I don't know about that, it would certainly ruin my Sunday dinner if the roast suddenly turned into a mutant beehive and started spewing killer bees. That would certainly be my main concern with meat sourced from splicers.

And I guess the organic baby plan is doomed to failure. Could we still market them as ethically farmed, or would all the forced labour (pun unintended but still terrible) on the farm count against us?

Quick question: What are ethics?
  • edited March 2010
    Quick question: What are ethics?

Another label you can slap on produce to justify charging more for it, a bit like 'organic' and 'fair-trade'.
  • edited March 2010
    Hi - I love these Games and have bought every new episode religiously on my Wii and completed them. I would love to have the DVD as they take up much of its puny memory!!! It says on the website that people who have bought the games get the DVD for free - but how do I register that I bought them on the Wii, as I have no receipt that I know of?
    Help please ?! ;)
  • edited March 2010
    I'm 100% sure you can't apply for the free DVD unless you buy directly from Telltale. That's what has been said for steam buyers, so I'm pretty sure that the same goes for Wii buyers. Sorry bud.
  • edited March 2010
    You can go ahead and be 100% sure.
  • edited March 2010
    melonstar wrote: »
    Hi - I love these Games and have bought every new episode religiously on my Wii and completed them. I would love to have the DVD as they take up much of its puny memory!!! It says on the website that people who have bought the games get the DVD for free - but how do I register that I bought them on the Wii, as I have no receipt that I know of?
    Help please ?! ;)

Unfortunately you cannot get the DVD without buying the whole season directly through them. The same was said with Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People for those that bought it on wii.
  • edited March 2010
    Yup; as mentioned, there is no DVD for Wii, like there wont be any for S&M Season 3 if you get it on the PS3 or so.

That's because WiiWare and PSN and stuff are totally unrelated to TTG, like for the PC Steam and such, and thus they cannot check at all if you actually have the full season for a DVD.
  • edited March 2010

"Viola" means "raped" in French. Please tell me you meant "voilà".

Also, guys, there's really no argument here. Breeding something, feeding it and eating it is always going to cost more than not breeding it and eating the food it would have eaten directly.
    The only way for it to be profitable is for the prospective customers to register early on and take care of all the mother's needs, on top of a fee of course, and they get the baby at birth.
  • edited March 2010
    Breeding something, feeding it and eating it is always going to cost more than not breeding it and eating the food it would have eaten directly.
    So what you're saying is we should cut out the middle(wo)man, and eat the mothers instead?
  • edited March 2010
    So what you're saying is we should cut out the middle(wo)man, and eat the mothers instead?

No, they still would cost too much to feed, plus they can defend themselves more. Plus I wasn't seeing it as the embryo/foetus eating the mom from the inside (although I realise that's accurate, in a way), but eating what the mom's eating.

I'm saying, let's sell whatever the mom's eating (well, the extra she would be eating to feed the baby-to-be) and it will save us the trouble. Or better, let's not buy it and keep the money. This way we can use it on shipping.
  • edited March 2010
    Viola is also the musical instrument.
  • edited March 2010
    "Viola" means "raped" in French. Please tell me you meant "voilà".

Is that where we get the English word "violated" then? (On retrospect this question seems weird.)
  • edited March 2010
    Is that where we get the English word "violated" then? (On retrospect this question seems weird.)

That would be a Latin or Old French root, certainly not Modern French... philistine.
  • edited March 2010
    That would be a Latin or Old French root, certainly not Modern French... philistine.

Oh, okay. Thanks.
  • edited March 2010
    Another label you can slap on produce to justify charging more for it, a bit like 'organic' and 'fair-trade'.

Right. Useless. Say, we need more of your ilk in Rapture. We've had some... population loss as of late.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.