DVD Available for Pre-Order!

Available in Standard, and Deluxe Edition including the pre-order Purcell slip cover and several other goodies. Also available are tarot cards and other awesome merch.

Telltale, I freaking love you guys.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    YAY I ordered dulux straight away il check bank acc and see if i got enough 4 others XD
  • edited March 2010
    It's niiice - now the soundtrack just has to appear down the track to make this bounty of Monkey merchandise even sweeter... :D
  • edited March 2010
    Is there any way we can get larger pictures of the merchandise in the Deluxe version? :D
  • edited March 2010
    I'm also excited that this means that this will (hopefully) be the last thread created about the DVD. Not nearly as excited as I am about the DVD, though.

Although I might be giving the internet too much credit here.
  • edited March 2010
    Soon as I get paid I'm hitting the store! Unless the free shipping deal ends before payday... in which case I'll just have to raid my savings. I want that tankard! (and everything else to boot)
  • edited March 2010
    So, is this separate from the pre-order DVD?

Edit:
    What I mean to say is, if I get the deluxe edition, am I ordering the DVD I already paid for plus all the goodies or am I ordering a separate DVD altogether?

Edit2:
    And if I get the deluxe edition and the DVD is the one I already ordered, does that mean it'll be cheaper?

I R SO CANFUSED
  • edited March 2010
    NICE feature set on the DVD!

The Deluxe edition is nice. I'm a sucker for cloth maps.

The shirt and the cup seem to be kind of lazy in product design compared to Telltale's usual amazing work. I generally expect them to do more than slap a logo on something, but okay. I guess people wanted that, though.

Ten cents away from the $50 if I got the Deluxe DVD and a Sam and Max pre-order. That's annoying.

So, the "case file" has morphed into a DVD edition? I guess I can understand that. Was the $15 price tag because the materials are more expensive, or to allow Telltale to offer it continuously? Will it go out of stock like the case files?
  • edited March 2010
    ilu telltale
  • edited March 2010
    What if you pre-ordered back in June do you have to get a copy now or do we get a seperate email for our orders?
  • edited March 2010
    Ahhh! Too much going on at once - Special Edition, Devil's Playhouse, DVD available in regular and deluxe version, tarot cards! Ahhh, my head's gonna explode!
  • edited March 2010
    From what I understand, the Deluxe Edition is just the same DVD you get with the full season purchase with a bunch more goodies. If you didn't pre-order, you can only get the slipcover with the Deluxe Edition, and if you did, you get it with whichever DVD you get. Also, if you look on the main ToMI store page, the Deluxe Edition is listed as $50, so anybody who bought the season is getting their $35 subtracted out.
  • edited March 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    So, is this separate from the pre-order DVD?

Edit:
    What I mean to say is, if I get the deluxe edition, am I ordering the DVD I already paid for plus all the goodies or am I ordering a separate DVD altogether?

Edit2:
    And if I get the deluxe edition and the DVD is the one I already ordered, does that mean it'll be cheaper?

I R SO CANFUSED
    You have not payed for your dvd yet. The DVD is free (after paying the cost of shipping, which has only been payable since midnight i believe). Therefore, the deluxe edition will not offer a further discount.

I have a question with regards to the free shipping: Does it apply to the UK?
  • edited March 2010
    I forgot about custom tax to uk on postage from america last time i had to pay an extra £11 to get poster and bages
  • edited March 2010
    My question in regards to the DVD is quite simply this: Will it be using the same DRM/Copy Protection system similar to Sam & Max Seasons 1 & 2 and Strong Bad (just a disc check) or will it be using the system implemented on the Wallace & Gromit DVD (online activation)?
  • edited March 2010
    Does that pre-order customer price of $14.95 labeled TMI Deluxe Chest mean that I (a pre-orderer) can get all the extras of the Deluxe Edition for just $14.95?
  • edited March 2010
    Does that pre-order customer price of $14.95 labeled TMI Deluxe Chest mean that I (a pre-orderer) can get all the extras of the Deluxe Edition for just $14.95?

I believe so. You are entitled to the disk for free (plus shipping), annd this is merely you choosing which version do you want. The standard (with your pre-order cover), or the standard (with the pre-order cover, if you didn't pre-order anyway) with some extras.
  • edited March 2010
    I also want to point out that now the ToMI page in the store says "Tales of Monkey Island Season One" and if I remember correctly, it used to just say "Tales of Monkey Island." I, for one, will be keeping an eye on this.
  • edited March 2010
    plrichard wrote: »
    I also want to point out that now the ToMI page in the store says "Tales of Monkey Island Season One" and if I remember correctly, it used to just say "Tales of Monkey Island." I, for one, will be keeping an eye on this.

Hmm, good eye.
  • edited March 2010
    $32.65 shipping to the UK... yikes.
  • edited March 2010

Free shipping for orders over $50 applies to international orders too!

ETA: Except for prints.
  • edited March 2010
    lol then id be buying paying $50 to get round paying £32.65
  • edited March 2010
    eep! I think i'll go for the Deluxe edition (and other stuff) to bring that total up to $50, so that th shipping virtually pays for itself. That is if it applies to the UK.
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, but it depends on what you're buying. The deluxe box plus a set of badges would cost less than the deluxe box plus shipping costs to the UK.
  • edited March 2010
    Crap i should have done that
  • edited March 2010
    Free shipping worked to Canada and it said "Free International Shipping" in the shipping options, so I'd say it's international?

What I wonder is, I preordered then ordered the deluxe edition, can I gift my extra slipcase to someone? (Nikkausaur, you can have it if you haven't grabbed one yet :P)
  • edited March 2010
    OUCH, 29,90 USD shipping is EXPENSIVE
    But I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THE DELUXE CHEST OFFER. OMG
  • edited March 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »

I feel stupid:(
  • edited March 2010
    the only thing i really want is the dvd dulux and voodoo cards I got the dulux but thought id wait 4 voodoo cards cos i wanted to wait till my moneys gone back up
  • edited March 2010
    Great news.
  • edited March 2010
    Okay, here's my question. Like MI said, presumably any preorder type (like him and I) can just upgrade their order and get the deluxe stuff added on to the regular DVD with slipcase we already get. My question is if we supplement this with, say, the The Devil's Playhouse and another Telltale Heart wristband, does that remove the shipping cost for our preordered ToMI DVD?
  • edited March 2010
    I got a question, i want to order the Monkey Island DVD and also the Season one of Sam&Max DVD (so to only pay one shipping). But the Monkey Island DVD says Backorder.

What should i do so everything goes according to my cheap plans?
  • edited March 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »

I further confirm! I just ordered: to Italy the shipping by standard USPS international mail was free :)
  • edited March 2010
    i should refund then do agian with sam and max 4 free shipping
  • edited March 2010
    Ten cents away from the $50 if I got the Deluxe DVD and a Sam and Max pre-order. That's annoying.

YESS!! It's like $35 shipping over here. Have to save it for another day as when I converted the currency it was just that little bit over what i refuse to spend at the moment, even if I added a Season Two case file for the free shipping. I should quit throwing my change in that fountain in town...
  • edited March 2010
    Ignatius wrote: »
    I got a question, i want to order the Monkey Island DVD and also the Season one of Sam&Max DVD (so to only pay one shipping). But the Monkey Island DVD says Backorder.

What should i do so everything goes according to my cheap plans?
    Just order it like that. If one item is backordered, so is the entire order. That just means that your entire order will ship when the Tales DVD does in April.
  • edited March 2010
    Brainiac wrote: »
    Okay, here's my question. Like MI said, presumably any preorder type (like him and I) can just upgrade their order and get the deluxe stuff added on to the regular DVD with slipcase we already get. My question is if we supplement this with, say, the The Devil's Playhouse and another Telltale Heart wristband, does that remove the shipping cost for our preordered ToMI DVD?

Yes, it did for me. As long as you reach 50 dollars, excluding prints.
    Ignatius wrote: »

That doesn't matter. You can still order it, it just won't ship until they have it in stock.
  • edited March 2010
    Thanx RD and Avistew
  • edited March 2010
    Okay just to double check - back in June I pre-ordered ToMI.

-what does this entitle me to
    -what more could I potentially get?
  • edited March 2010
    faemir wrote: »
    Okay just to double check - back in June I pre-ordered ToMI.

-what does this entitle me to
    -what more could I potentially get?
    This entitles you to:

The Standard DVD free(shipping not included)+Steve Purcell painting slipcase

OR

Deluxe Edition for $14.95(Shipping not included).

The deluxe edition has a bunch of goodies described on the page, including a pirate coin and a cloth map.
  • edited March 2010
    Free shipping for orders over $50!!??
    Ouch, I shouldn't have been so hasty to preorder the devil's playhouse.

edit: just ordered $50 worth of stuff just to get free shipping on the DVD. I'm a victim of marketing
    :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.