DVD Available for Pre-Order!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I do not see how TTG is responsible for shipping costs... They had it clear as day that the DVD is a free option that costs only shipping.. because postal workers do NOT work for free you know. Its not TTG job to figure out everyone's international shipping costs....

But they are. I have the feeling they added to the shipping for some extra cash. Shipping a dvd using tracking does not cost $18.

At the very leat they should have indicated the cost (or a reasonable estimate) when preordering. This is false advertising.
  • edited March 2010
    Where is it going to? It cost me only $4.98 to ship to WI...
    If there is more tagged on its to ship further than the US and TTG have no say in that at all.
  • edited March 2010
    Wow, you really are a douche.
  • edited March 2010
    who me?
  • edited March 2010
    No. Eddie. You posted before I did.
  • edited March 2010
    Wow, you really are a douche.

Namecalling, the #1 solution for discussions on the internet.
  • edited March 2010
    Sometimes that's the only way you can respond to a troll. What with all the unfair and baseless accusations and all.
  • edited March 2010
    Trust me i'm not trolling, i'm serious. Adding to shipping happens a lot. And it's my feeling about it, i'm not stating it as fact.
  • edited March 2010
    Eddie wrote: »
    But they are. I have the feeling they added to the shipping for some extra cash. Shipping a dvd using tracking does not cost $18.

At the very leat they should have indicated the cost (or a reasonable estimate) when preordering. This is false advertising.

I agree with you!
    Having to pay this high shipping cost to Europe is really a bad joke.
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, which they flat out said wasn't the case, it's out of their control, and are looking into it heavily. I just think you're being unfair and overly cruel about it. Especially when they're so willing to rectify it. Yet you still accuse them. Classic example of douchery.

Whatever, to each their own.
  • edited March 2010
    I payed 35 bucks for shipping SE to EU and I'm not too happy about it... Basically i feel like I payed for the game twice - almost 90$ for digital download and SE.

But than again, it's Monkey Island and at least we have some new MI games to spend some money on...
  • edited March 2010
    Wow, this thread shows an amount of hate and lack of good manners I thought didn't exist on these forums...

To make sure that Telltale doesn't only get responses from the negative people, I'll post this:
    Thanks Telltale! The ToMI DVD looks great with a lot of interesting extras, and the Deluxe Edition makes it even more awesome. The additional Tales of Monkey Island stuff looks great too, it seems like you listen to your fans' incessant whining :p
    The only downside to this is that my bank account is going to be angry at me for a while, since I'm gonna buy far more than would be sensible :D
    And I'm sure the shipping cost problems will be worked out. It's not too big of a problem with this free shipping deal and the awesome merch though.
    In short: Telltale, great work!
  • edited March 2010
    Eddie wrote: »
    But they are. I have the feeling they added to the shipping for some extra cash.
    No, they didn't. Please don't throw around baseless accusations without doing some searching first.
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, which they flat out said wasn't the case, it's out of their control, and are looking into it heavily. I just think you're being unfair and overly cruel about it. Especially when they're so willing to rectify it. Yet you still accuse them. Classic example of douchery.

Whatever, to each their own.

yes that is what they claim and most of you believe it without any doubt and defend them at any cost. That is classic white knighting.
  • edited March 2010
    18 dollars to get it??!!!

Screw you Telltale, I'm done with you.

Must. Ignore. Idiocy...

Must. Not. Retaliate.
  • edited March 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    Wow, this thread shows an amount of hate and lack of good manners I thought didn't exist on these forums...
    People should be allowed to voice their concerns. After all, for some of those who aren't immediately pre-ordering Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse, shipping is...well, somewhat expensive. That's a legitimate concern.

What's not legitimate are accusations of fraud. They aren't taking anything off the top or adding to the cost of shipping for orders under $50 to pay for the shipping of orders over $50. There's no scam here. What we have is a company that switched shipping companies, and...well, for a sizable number of consumers, the costs went way up. That's a problem, but hardly an organized con.
  • edited March 2010
    Akasuki wrote: »

But than again, it's Monkey Island and at least we have some new MI games to spend some money on...

I like the attitude. A nice change from the rest of these clowns who are just constantly complaining.
  • edited March 2010
    Like I said. Douchery. You guys are very cynical. Too cynical. A lot of companies lie, but I just don't see that in TTG. But please, continue.
  • edited March 2010
    What's not legitimate are accusations of fraud. They aren't taking anything off the top or adding to the cost of shipping for orders under $50 to pay for the shipping of orders over $50. There's no scam here. What we have is a company that switched shipping companies, and...well, for a sizable number of consumers, the costs went way up. That's a problem, but hardly an organized con.

Exactly. People need to get their facts right before they go firing off their mouths like they are.
  • edited March 2010
    Like I said. Douchery. You guys are very cynical. Too cynical. A lot of companies lie, but I just don't see that in TTG. But please, continue.
    Last time I checked, we didn't live in a world in which people were convinced or changed their tone positively after being called douches and morons.
  • edited March 2010
    Maybe you don't, but I live in Canada! :p

Seriously, I'm just giving my observations. I'm not expecting anybody to change their minds. And I didn't call anyone a moron (which, incidentally, is not my definition for douche either).
  • edited March 2010
    It is no different than when Americans buy stuff from Europe... shipping costs money... I do not understand the shock and confusion.... If it goes further it is handled more and takes more work to get it in your hands... Obviously some distributors may tag on extra cost here and there.. but TTG is not making more money because of it, direct your anger elsewhere or just do not pay for the disc.
  • edited March 2010
    Maybe you don't, but I live in Canada! :p
    According to my American cultural stereotypes, Canadians are supposed to be nice. D=
    And I didn't call anyone a moron (which, incidentally, is not my definition for douche either).
    That'd be haydenwce27, with the idiocy comments.

I don't know, but I'd say that direct insults are a bit more harmful than even the most strongly-worded and inaccurate of all conspiracy theories.
  • edited March 2010
    I preordered my DVD in June was it suppose to come in the mail yet because I never got it
  • edited March 2010

That'd be haydenwce27, with the idiocy comments.

I regret nothing.
  • edited March 2010
    I guess I want to change my stance on this whole thing I now expect my copy to be hand delivered by Dave Grossman dressed as Guybrush... and I expect him to moonwalk the entire way to Wisconsin..... I would start now Dave... I will leave it up to you if you are going to be poxxed or not.
  • edited March 2010
    I guess I want to change my stance on this whole thing I now expect my copy to be hand delivered by Dave Grossman dressed as Guybrush... and I expect him to moonwalk the entire way to Wisconsin..... I would start now Dave... I will leave it up to you if you are going to be poxxed or not.
    Considering that the international costs for Telltale shipping used to be far smaller, I think the idea that international shipping for a package is too high is a bit less ridiculous than this.
  • edited March 2010

That would be amazing!!
  • edited March 2010

That would depend on whether or not he is a pirate. Is Dave Grossman a pirate? Hey, I should make a poll out of that!
  • edited March 2010

If I pay extra, can I get Dominic Armato dressed as Guybrush instead?
  • edited March 2010
    Klink wrote: »
    My question in regards to the DVD is quite simply this: Will it be using the same DRM/Copy Protection system similar to Sam & Max Seasons 1 & 2 and Strong Bad (just a disc check) or will it be using the system implemented on the Wallace & Gromit DVD (online activation)?

Has this been answered yet? I've seen the question posed a couple of times, but I haven't seen an answer. I would really like to know.

Thanks!
  • edited March 2010
    I ordered it, but the $18 International Shipping Price is ridiculous and the people complaining about it have every right to without some Telltale suck up telling them they are idiots.
  • edited March 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    If I pay extra, can I get Dominic Armato dressed as Guybrush instead?

Nope. He only comes in elaine and Morgan varieties.
  • edited March 2010
    Wow, shipping is a lot more expensive than it was the last time I ordered a DVD from Telltale. No way I'm paying this much.
  • edited March 2010
    eMKayeN wrote: »
    I ordered it, but the $18 International Shipping Price is ridiculous and the people complaining about it have every right to without some Telltale suck up telling them they are idiots.

I actually never called anyone an idiot (if you are referring to me directly). I called one person an ignoramus, later apologizing, and labeled somebody else's actions as 'idiocy'.
  • edited March 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    Nope. He only comes in elaine and Morgan varieties.

Actually, that still works for me. Dress him up as Morgan plz.
  • edited March 2010
    Wolfstar27 wrote: »
    Yay i bought it...got the
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition (no brainer if your a fan of the series)
    Tales of Monkey Island Art Portfolio (i love the art)
    Tales of Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set (i love the art)

I would have loved to get the art portfolio, too (and the mug, actually). But I had to stop somewhere! I guess I add those, when the soundtracks for Tales and Wallace & Gromit get released (I hope some Telltale employee reads this and sets the wheels in motion ;))

As for the rage going on about shipping: I do understand the disappointment, but I really see no reason to blame Telltale. This is just not in their hands. And, as already mentioned, even if we get free shipping above 50$ - Telltale doesn't! This is a great deal and a lot of companies wouldn't have offered it.
  • edited March 2010
    I preordered my DVD in June was it suppose to come in the mail yet because I never got it

No, you didn't. Nobody did. You preordered the digital game. Placing the order for the free-except-for-shipping DVD was impossible until three days ago.
  • edited March 2010
    £11 for what essentially for me is a DVD case to go along with a game I already own, is a none-starter.

I live in the UK and have relatives in North America, which means we quite often mail packages over their of various sizes. Never have I found myself paying that amount for such a small package though. That's what I based my expectations of cost on.

Maybe it is more expensive for the guys over the pond to send stuff this way. I go back to my original point though that £11 for a DVD case is completely out of the question for me.

Disappointed :(
  • edited March 2010
    hey iam one of the TOMI preorderers, and just ordered the delux edition and the vodoo cards but i had to pay the full price(but no shiping because its over 9000...äh over 50$)
    but can anyone tell me why? what did i make wrong?will i get my special cover anyways?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.