DVD Available for Pre-Order!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    When will they ship it?
  • edited March 2010
    Sometime in April.
  • edited March 2010
    At metroidreborn:

No I havn't purchased anything yet. But I've been experimenting with different cart options.

I've added both the regular, and Deluxe edition DVD to my cart and the total cost is telling me I only have to pay $14.95 and I'll receive both.

Is this the case?
  • edited March 2010
    It seems you bought two DVDs, one with just the slip cover, and one with the all the extra merchandise. If you want to cancel one of these orders, you should try to contact telltale support. I made the same mistake.

did they cancel yours? cos i wana cancel mine to do the free postage option I bought it hastly
  • edited March 2010
    At metroidreborn:

No I havn't purchased anything yet. But I've been experimenting with different cart options.

I've added both the regular, and Deluxe edition DVD to my cart and the total cost is telling me I only have to pay $14.95 and I'll receive both.

Is this the case?

Ah, I see what you’re saying now. Since you preordered the season, the DVD is free. They, however, do not add the cost of shipping until you are about to enter your credit information. So in other words, the regular DVD will only be the cost of shipping and the deluxe is the cost of shipping in addition to the 14.95. It's really a matter if you want just the DVD with the slipcover or that along with the merchandise. The cost of shipping depends on where you live.
  • edited March 2010
    At metroidreborn:

Is this the case?

If it is, it sounds like a glitch. You shouldn't get more than one free copy of the DVD.
    Maybe they'll correct it in the order by sending it only once? Maybe they'll assume you didn't realise the deluxe edition included the DVD?
  • edited March 2010
    did they cancel yours? cos i wana cancel mine to do the free postage option I bought it hastly

I sent an e-mail to Telltale support last night, so I'm expecting a response in a day or so. I'm sure they can cancel orders for customers, they have proven to be excellent in customer service.
  • edited March 2010
    I sent an e-mail to Telltale support last night, so I'm expecting a response in a day or so. I'm sure they can cancel orders for customers, they have proven to be excellent in customer service.

ohh ok I did same lol
  • edited March 2010
    $18 for shipping?!
  • edited March 2010
    ohh ok I did same lol

I did it too. Please telltale!
  • edited March 2010
    Thank you for your support, I'm taking in what you're telling me but I'm still not entirely clear on this matter. Perhaps it's just me being thick, or perhaps the sites info is misleading me in some way.

I have proceeded all the way to the checkout now and am on the verge of clicking 'submit order'. My shopping basket is exactly as follows:
    • Tales of Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set
      $19.95

• Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition
      $14.95

• Tales of Monkey Island DVD with Steve Purcell slipcase
      $0.00

• Tales of Monkey Island Art Portfolio
      $24.95
    Grand total: $59.85

So as you see from the above I have successfully qualified for free shipping (because I'm spending over $50 in one transaction), and I have two versions of the TOMI DVD in my cart, one of which is marked at $0.00. So unless I'm missing something here, what my cart content and grand total is telling me is that I'm going to receive my Voodoo card Set and Art Portfolio, along with two copies of the game, one of which I'm not paying for.

I hope this is clear, I'm been pondering it for a while myself... From where I'm sitting now however I see no reason not to proceed with my order. I'm perfectly happy to receive two copies of the game if I'm only paying for one.
  • edited March 2010
    $18 for shipping?!

Yeah, 18 $ for me too. It is a bit expensive
  • edited March 2010
    Ordered my deluxe edition + tarot cards :) I almost grabbed something else to try for free shipping (seriously, shipping is getting crazy these days.. I think I am spoiled by Amazon Super-Saver Shipping :P) but I wasn't sure if the Tarot Cards would have counted since they are listed under Prints.

I almost got the mug but it actually sounded *too* nice :) I would have been afraid to use it for fear of breaking it.
  • edited March 2010
    I`m sure it cant be like this, but I tried ordering for example 3 deluxe editions and 7 regular dvd boxes and one wristband, and the grand total is $49.85. (shipping is free as its almost $50)
    I havent completed it yet, but would I actually really get 10 copies of the game this way?
    And if not, is it even possible to get two copies of it by buying the regular dvd box and the deluxe edition?
  • edited March 2010
    There's an error somewhere. For one thing, the DVD shouldn't let you change quantity(I'm going to grab my Wallace and Gromit DVD in the same order, and I can't change quantity with that). I mean, as it stands, I can order up to 99 free standard DVDs. Something is wrong.
  • edited March 2010
    Thank you for your support, I'm taking in what you're telling me but I'm still not entirely clear on this matter. Perhaps it's just me being thick, or perhaps the sites info is misleading me in some way.

I have proceeded all the way to the checkout now and am on the verge of clicking 'submit order'. My shopping basket is exactly as follows:
    • Tales of Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set
      $19.95

• Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition
      $14.95

• Tales of Monkey Island DVD with Steve Purcell slipcase
      $0.00

• Tales of Monkey Island Art Portfolio
      $24.95
    Grand total: $59.85

So as you see from the above I have successfully qualified for free shipping (because I'm spending over $50 in one transaction), and I have two versions of the TOMI DVD in my cart, one of which is marked at $0.00. So unless I'm missing something here, what my cart content and grand total is telling me is that I'm going to receive my Voodoo card Set and Art Portfolio, along with two copies of the game, one of which I'm not paying for.

I hope this is clear, I'm been pondering it for a while myself... From where I'm sitting now however I see no reason not to proceed with my order. I'm perfectly happy to receive two copies of the game if I'm only paying for one.

Okay, now I understand everything fully. If you pre-ordered the season, you get the DVD for free plus the cost of shipping. You obviously have done that. If you spend over 50, the shipping is free just as you said. Therefore, the DVD is free with no shipping charges and everything else is just the price with no shipping charge. However, if you plug in the order you have now, you will indeed get two DVDs, one standard and one with all the merchandise. It really doesn't matter in terms of money though since one of those DVDs will be free anyway since you did the pre-order and spent over 50. Up to you.
  • edited March 2010
    Well, I now owe myself money, but it was worth it to take advantage of the free shipping. Deluxe edition, T-shirt, tarot cards, art portfolio and tankard because I LOVE MERCHANDISE. Also the tankard is totally going to be my new coffee mug at work because more coffee = work faster.
  • edited March 2010
    Okay, now I understand everything fully. If you pre-ordered the season, you get the DVD for free plus the cost of shipping. You obviously have done that. If you spend over 50, the shipping is free just as you said. Therefore, the DVD is free with no shipping charges and everything else is just the price with no shipping charge. However, if you plug in the order you have now, you will indeed get two DVDs, one standard and one with all the merchandise. It really doesn't matter in terms of money though since one of those DVDs will be free anyway since you did the pre-order and spent over 50. Up to you.

I think it is a glitch.

And btw, I think the art portfolio is one of the items that don't count for getting free shipping. Not sure.
  • edited March 2010
    Eduardo wrote: »
    And btw, I think the art portfolio is one of the items that don't count for getting free shipping. Not sure.

They were included under free shipping for me, I think it's just the posters that aren't included.
  • edited March 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    They were included under free shipping for me, I think it's just the posters that aren't included.

Good to know, as I said, I wasn't really sure.
  • edited March 2010
    I only came in here to browse, and maybe buy the mug (seriously, that is one BIG mug. So big, in fact, that I can truthfully say "that's the SECOND biggest mug I've ever owned", so its already paid for itself as far as I'm concerned).

Somehow, I now have an invoice of swag so long, that the only thing preventing me from seeing TOMI everywhere I look come June is the lack of TOMI underwear (NOTE: TellTale, please do NOT put up MI underwear for sale - I have family to support).

Oh, and btw, I am upset enough about my exclusive pre-order slipcase-thing not being an exclusive pre-order at all, that I've decided not to pre-order Sam and Max Season 3.

Until next pay day.

You could have had the rest of my money now, but you'll just have to wait 2 weeks. I hope you learn something from this.
  • edited March 2010
    There's an error somewhere. For one thing, the DVD shouldn't let you change quantity(I'm going to grab my Wallace and Gromit DVD in the same order, and I can't change quantity with that). I mean, as it stands, I can order up to 99 free standard DVDs. Something is wrong.

Yeah, this is crazy! If people start ordering tens of copies of the standard dvd, and a bunch of deluxe editions along with them, theyre going to have hell of a work explaining and cancelling everyones orders.

Is there a rule, that you are not entitled to buy more standard dvd`s than one?
    And for that matter, can you order more than one deluxe edition?
    And, is it possible to order one standard dvd and one deluxe edition?

For example. The deluxe edition costs about $15, but the shipping is $35 to where I live, so lets say I order 4 deluxe editions it becomes cheaper than 2 shipping costs alone, if it was possible to order more than one of those.

To clarify this one to myself and to others, it seems that the shipping costs itself do not add to this $50 dollar free shipping offer. The $50 you have to spend will have to consist of the Store prices alone.
  • edited March 2010
    Otis wrote: »
    Yeah, this is crazy! If people start ordering tens of copies of the standard dvd, and a bunch of deluxe editions along with them, theyre going to have hell of a work explaining and cancelling everyones orders.

Is there a rule, that you are not entitled to buy more standard dvd`s than one?
    And for that matter, can you order more than one deluxe edition?
    And, is it possible to order one standard dvd and one deluxe edition?

For example. The deluxe edition costs about $15, but the shipping is $35 to where I live, so lets say I order 4 deluxe editions it becomes cheaper than 2 shipping costs alone, if it was possible to order more than one of those.

To clarify this one to myself and to others, it seems that the shipping costs do not add to this $50 dollar free shipping offer. The $50 spent will have to consist of the Store prices alone.
    In the past, we haven't had a Deluxe edition at all, so there aren't really rules that I know for them. While I guess it's POSSIBLE that they wanted to allow people to turn around, pay $15, and get the Deluxe Edition if they decided they wanted it later, I'm certain they did not want for one person to be able to order multiple copies of both.

In short, you should only be able to get ONE Deluxe Edition at the $14.95 price tag. After that, they should be charging you for the whole season again. At the very MOST, we should only be able to get two DVDs, one Standard and one Deluxe. And I'm pretty sure we're only meant to get ONE, Standard OR Deluxe.
  • edited March 2010
    Woooow, I want to hug and kiss you guys for bringing to us this cool merch stuff! Awesome!! Too bad I misread the content description of the Deluxe pack (it includes one extra voodoo tarot card, not the full set). Too bad I'd already checked out when I noticed. :(

Anyhow, I'm looking extremely forward to the DVD specials. Love Elaine's look on the box art, btw.
  • edited March 2010
    $18 for shipping is actually way too much. I buy from the states all the time and it's never that expensive for a dvd weight / size item. I'm feeling ripped of. I thought shipping would be in the $5-$10 range when preordering.

Not sure if I'll be ordering. I want a hardcopy of the game, but $18 extra is too much imho.
  • edited March 2010
    So, the dvd in the deluxe edition is the same as in (Tales of Monkey Island DVD with Steve Purcell slipcase) ? Just wanna be sure :D Because, at the moment I have both in the cart, deluxe is 15 and DVD is 0.00 :D
  • edited March 2010
    Igl85 wrote: »
    So, the dvd in the deluxe edition is the same as in (Tales of Monkey Island DVD with Steve Purcell slipcase) ? Just wanna be sure :D Because, at the moment I have both in the cart, deluxe is 15 and DVD is 0.00 :D

Yes, it's the same.
  • edited March 2010
    Igl85 wrote: »
    The DVD itself is the same, and the slipcover is the same.

The $15 covers:

- Exclusive Voodoo card, not found in the Voodoo Card Set (available separately)
    - One of Reginald Van Winslow's favorite maps: The Gulf of Melange printed on cotton fabric
    - Piratey Piece of Eight - metal collectible coin
    - Coaster from the notorious Club 41
    - Souvenir button from the Trial of the Century (2.25 inches diameter)

...and the Purcell cover if you don't qualify for it on the standard DVD.
  • edited March 2010
    Bonnie mentioned in this thread that there were both price increases and the use of tracking numbers for international shipments recently. Tracking can really jack up the price of shipping.

I doubt she reads the ToMI forum -- hopefully she will address these concerns in the other forum soon.
  • edited March 2010
    And as an international customer, I prefer they have tracking numbers (had some bad experiences long ago).
  • edited March 2010
    Exciting! Sad I have to wait for payday next week, but then I'll be getting the Deluxe pre-order upgrade, Sam and Max season 3, and probably some merch (thinking about the cards and the mug), plus a Sam and Max season 2 DVD (I have the downloadable season already, but shipping here is expensive so was waiting until the TOMI DVD came out to get that too).

Also been eyeing up a Max crossbones tshirt.... hmm... it would be so easy to justify on the basis that if I ordered it later on, I'd be paying through my nose for shipping, so technically I'm saving money by getting it with all the rest.

damn shopping logic!

Telltale, I hope you enjoy my next pay cheque :P
  • edited March 2010
    I'm quite disappointed with all this. I thought preordering the game when it was announced would have prevented me from paying for the shipping. I live in France and I'm not really ready to pay 18 dollars to get the dvd.
  • edited March 2010
    Mermaid wrote: »
    Woooow, I want to hug and kiss you guys for bringing to us this cool merch stuff! Awesome!! Too bad I misread the content description of the Deluxe pack (it includes one extra voodoo tarot card, not the full set). Too bad I'd already checked out when I noticed. :(

Du kannst doch den Telltale-Support anmailen, dann packen sie die Tarot-Karten sicherlich noch dazu... bzw. du bestellst die Tarot-Karten noch einzeln nach, und lässt den Support dann die Bestellungen zusammenfassen. Sollte kein Problem darstellen.
  • edited March 2010
    How does the free DVD offer work anyway? Do I just add it to my cart and it'll automatically change it to free (plus S&H), or am I completely oblivious to something I forgot?

EDIT: NVM, I had to be signed in for it show up correctly. DURR
  • edited March 2010
    $18 for shipment to Israel?!

When I bought the entire season in June, I checked the price of shipment to Israel (put a DVD in the cart and gave the address) and it was more along the lines of $10.

Now, the whole free shipping with $50 purchase is not relevant either, because any package from abroad whose contents are worth above $50 is added a special tax, which will probably be along the lines of $10-$11 so it's not worth it.

I'm kinda saddened by the fact that I need to pay $18 for the shipment, with this amount I can buy an entire season of one of the other games (the ones on sale)...

I think I'll be holding this purchase for now, I need to rethink it.
  • edited March 2010
    For this one, yeah, as long as you're logged in and bought the season already, it'll adjust the price for you. Much nicer than the messy system of copying and pasting your order number (especially when there's a mistake with the number on your "My Games" page).
  • edited March 2010
    t-shirt is boring.

Everything else is awesome.
  • edited March 2010
    18 dollars to get it??!!!

Screw you Telltale, I'm done with you.
  • edited March 2010
    Personally I am happy the slipcover was offered in the Deluxe package. I missed out pre-ordering, mainly because I didn't realize I could even pre-order until too late. I still ended up ordering the game on launch day though, so I was disappointed that I basically missed out on that slipcover by one day :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.