DVD Available for Pre-Order!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    faemir wrote: »
    -what more could I potentially get?

Free shipping if you order over 50 dollars worth of stuff. Make sure to remember to actually include the free DVD or deluxe version in your order, or you won't get it.
  • edited March 2010
    lol to avoid custam charge on post im gona get refund then re order with devils playground and somthing else XD
  • edited March 2010
    plrichard wrote: »
    I also want to point out that now the ToMI page in the store says "Tales of Monkey Island Season One" and if I remember correctly, it used to just say "Tales of Monkey Island." I, for one, will be keeping an eye on this.

I feel like this was discussed a long time ago. It's always said "Season One" I think Jake or one of the other Telltale staff popped in and said that it was just part of the store's programming.

Also, I'm not really a big Winslow fan, so I find it hard to believe that I have to be the first to point out that the Deluxe Edition comes with Winslow's map. :winslow:
  • edited March 2010
    I think Jake or one of the other Telltale staff popped in and said that it was just part of the store's programming.

I think Jake or one of the other Telltale staff was just being a big fat liar. :D
  • edited March 2010
    I feel like this was discussed a long time ago. It's always said "Season One" I think Jake or one of the other Telltale staff popped in and said that it was just part of the store's programming.

Also, I'm not really a big Winslow fan, so I find it hard to believe that I have to be the first to point out that the Deluxe Edition comes with Winslow's map. :winslow:
    I've been mentioning "cloth map" every chance I get. Should I have clarified whose map it was? =P
  • edited March 2010
    so if i preorder Sam n Max season 3 (35$) and buy the Monkey Island Special Deluxe Edition (15$) would make me eligible for free "international" shipping ?
  • edited March 2010
    I ordered the deluxe set for two reasons.

a) the coin.

b) the pin of the Century-y-y-y-y!

(Still hoping for the shirt though.)

EDIT: I'm not saying I don't like the rest. The extra voodoo card is neat and cause me to order the rest of the voodoo cards as well. And the cloth map sounds great. I'm just saying that these two are what caused me not to even hesitate.
  • edited March 2010
    I still haven't ordered because I'm staring angrily at the $0.10 until I qualify for free shipping.

On one hand, buying another thing puts me at more than I wanted to spend. On the other, I can get a thing and not pay the shipping charge, effectively making whatever I purchase about $6 less expensive. On the other hand, I don't WANT anything else, so it feels wasteful to just toss a(third!) Sam and Max Season Two Case File on there for the sake of cost.

Grr. Frustrating.
  • edited March 2010
    Well... browse through the store and make sure there is absolutely nothing you want?
    Maybe you can get a shirt or something and give it to someone?
  • edited March 2010
    Awesome, bought the buttons, deluxe DVD, the new Sam and Max, and the mug! I qualify for free shipping! This is too sweet! Just gotta get my Mum/Dad to do the Paypal thing, then I'm all set!
  • edited March 2010
    I still haven't ordered because I'm staring angrily at the $0.10 until I qualify for free shipping.

On one hand, buying another thing puts me at more than I wanted to spend. On the other, I can get a thing and not pay the shipping charge, effectively making whatever I purchase about $6 less expensive. On the other hand, I don't WANT anything else, so it feels wasteful to just toss a(third!) Sam and Max Season Two Case File on there for the sake of cost.

Grr. Frustrating.

I put the new Sam and Max in my cart and it said I was 15.05 left to get free shipping, and then I added the 14.95 deluxe DVD and it said eligible for free shipping. I assume they changed it sometime so that it rounds up now, based on the fact that most customers are gonna be ordering that combination today and they wouldn't want everybody staring at the $0.10 thing. I'm gonna get the standard DVD myself, with a shirt to cancel out the shipping instead.
  • edited March 2010
    cmdrkeen2 wrote: »
    I put the new Sam and Max in my cart and it said I was 15.05 left to get free shipping, and then I added the 14.95 deluxe DVD and it said eligible for free shipping. I assume they changed it sometime so that it rounds up now, based on the fact that most customers are gonna be ordering that combination today and they wouldn't want everybody staring at the $0.10 thing. I'm gonna get the standard DVD myself, with a shirt to cancel out the shipping instead.

Yep, I just tried this, and it does work. I already bought mine and I'll be picking up season 3 later on, though.

Leave it to Telltale to not let ten cents get between you and free shipping.
  • edited March 2010
    I had been meaning to burn some money. I just ordered Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition and Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse. The total came to $49.90, and still qualified for free shipping. I passed on some of the other new merchandise for now, but some of that stuff is tempting.
  • edited March 2010
    cmdrkeen2 wrote: »
    Oh wow! It changed! Telltale is awesome!
  • edited March 2010
    Oh wow! It changed! Telltale is awesome!

...shit. I was a bit too eager to buy. At least I just got the single season instead of buying extra stuff
  • edited March 2010
    Oh Telltale Games, why dost thou taunt me so much?
  • edited March 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    ...shit. I was a bit too eager to buy. At least I just got the single season instead of buying extra stuff

If you ordered something that would now qualify you for free shipping, I'm sure you can write to them and ask nicely.
  • edited March 2010
    Ordered the DVD (regular edition), the Tarot, Sam & Max Season 2, and the signed Purcell poster because, really, why not?

Telltale, you own me.
  • edited March 2010
    Just ordered:
    1. Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition
    2. Tales of Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set
    3. Tales of Monkey Island Drinking Vessel

You qualify! $54.85c in English pounds that's £34.87p :eek: :D

That is a great save and I get more for my money. :guybrush:
  • edited March 2010
    Wait, you ordered the Monkey Island DVD twice? You're allowed to do that?
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Wait, you ordered the Monkey Island DVD twice? You're allowed to do that?

No just the once, I don't know why I put that on the list, anyway its been corrected now.
  • edited March 2010
    So, I know that the DVD comes with the Earl Boen update of chapter 1, but does that mean there won't be a downloadable version either?
  • edited March 2010
    So, I know that the DVD comes with the Earl Boen update of chapter 1, but does that mean there won't be a downloadable version either?
    They've said there will be. It's just been slower in the making than was expected.
  • edited March 2010
    Is anyone else mildly unnerved by the fact that when you choose the Deluxe version from the store it shows up as $49.95 in your cart and if you go to "Standard DVD" first you have the option of picking a deluxe version for $14.95? Are we sure we're getting the same thing here?
  • edited March 2010
    plrichard wrote: »
    Is anyone else mildly unnerved by the fact that when you choose the Deluxe version from the store it shows up as $49.95 in your cart and if you go to "Standard DVD" first you have the option of picking a deluxe version for $14.95? Are we sure we're getting the same thing here?
    Yes we are. The $49.95 Deluxe Edition price is for the people that haven't already bought the season yet, hence the $35 price difference.
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, I realized that and went ahead and ordered (the exact same order as you RD, in fact, which I was mainly holding off on because of the last 10 cents). It just seemed weird because usually things are updated in the cart or even in the store if you are automatically eligible for a discount.

EDIT: Ugh, I also could've just looked at the blog, oh well, sorry everyone.
  • edited March 2010
    I've been mentioning "cloth map" every chance I get. Should I have clarified whose map it was? =P

Naw, it's just that the Winslow fanaticism is (or was) so thick around here, I'm surprised nobody's spazzed out over it yet.
  • edited March 2010
    Okay, I have a slight problem. When I saw the DVD was now available, my inner child took over and I immediately ordered the DVD with slipcover. Then I saw the deluxe version with a discount since I pre-ordered and ordered it. I would like to know if there is a way to cancel my previous order. It's not that big of a deal because the final price is only slightly over $25, but I was just wondering. Regardless, way to go telltale, you guys always get the job done great.
  • edited March 2010
    You might want to send an e-mail to Telltale support for that one.
  • edited March 2010
    You might want to send an e-mail to Telltale support for that one.

Yeah, that would probably be best. Thanks for the reply.
  • edited March 2010
    Woo! I got:

TMI Deluxe Edition
    Sam&Max Season 3
    Tarot Cards
    And the Case File from S&M2

Happy days!
  • edited March 2010
    Ouch postage prices have really shot up. When I ordered the first season of Sam & Max postage to Australia was only $10, this time for the ToMI DVD it was going to be $34. Problem solved by purchasing Season 3 of Sam & Max however...
  • edited March 2010
    So, couple of questions...

Has the game been touched-up? There's little things like the end of Spinner Cay having dimmer stars than the opening of Leviathan's (the scene with the manatee), or some low-res clouds occasionally for what I assume is MB-related reasons.

Also, is it just me or have the character models been given a minor upgrade? Or is that just for the cover? (Morgan having shadows, Elaine looking younger, etc).
  • edited March 2010
    Somebody posted this on Facebook. I thought it was relevant:

"I have to note I now kinda regret pre-ordering the game.
    If I order the regular DVD of the game, I have to pay $18 shipping, meaning a total of $53 for the game (paid $35 to pre-order the game).

However, now it seems I could have just waited until now to order the game+deluxe DVD for a total of $50 and get FREE SHIPPING.

Which means, had I not pre-ordered the game in the first place, I would have gotten a better value for my money.
    "

I also must wonder; why is the Purcell cover suddenly available to all (you need to go for Deluxe, but still) ? Wasn't that one of the reasons to pre-order in the first place??
  • edited March 2010
    *looks in Telltale store*

*head explodes*

I got a feeling I'm gonna do a lot of online shopping today all in one place... :D
  • edited March 2010
    That's kind of a good point. I mean, you do get the DVD + extra stuff for cheaper, and still get the slipcase. And if you're like my husband and don't play games until the DVD version is available... you didn't even get to enjoy the games in-between.

There were other benefits though, a free episode & access to the extra forum. Although I can see how you might not care about either.

But see it that way: recently the first season of Sam & Max was on sale for 5 bucks. Much cheaper than people who bought it when it was first released, right?
    I'll give you that it's a bit different since the DVD itself is still new. But I think telltale assumes most people will play the download games before the DVD comes out.
  • edited March 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    $32.65 shipping to the UK... yikes.

Same for Aus. I suggest you take advantage of the free shipping for orders of $50.
  • edited March 2010
    I just need some clarification. It says “Free shipping on orders over $50 (except prints)”. Are the “Tales of Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set” considered prints? On the main store page, the card set is listed under “Prints”.
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    That's kind of a good point. I mean, you do get the DVD + extra stuff for cheaper, and still get the slipcase. And if you're like my husband and don't play games until the DVD version is available... you didn't even get to enjoy the games in-between.

There were other benefits though, a free episode & access to the extra forum. Although I can see how you might not care about either.

But see it that way: recently the first season of Sam & Max was on sale for 5 bucks. Much cheaper than people who bought it when it was first released, right?
    I'll give you that it's a bit different since the DVD itself is still new. But I think telltale assumes most people will play the download games before the DVD comes out.

I also see your point. It was the same with SBCGFAP. In both cases (S&M and SBCGFAP), I felt that had I waited, I'd have gotten a much better deal money-wise. BUT, would I really have wanted to wait and wait and wait until MAYBE eventually it would sell for a low low price..?

I suppose I don't need to answer that. :P

Nice to be able to see all sides in arguments.

Still, and I don't want to be childish and scream "Why can't I be the only one with the cool toy??!!!" here, but I wonder about the change of heart concerning the slipcover?

Ok.

It's an awesome slipcover.

It should have been the ONLY cover all along.

But I thought it was really really going to be exclusive to pre-orders.
  • edited March 2010
    Omg... this is definitely a good week for me. Dvd ordered, for only £11 shipping. So happy, thanks Telltale :D Bring on April
Sign in to comment in this discussion.