Sam & Max Custom Icons [Was: Badge Icon]

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Spadge wrote: »
    This is just... Wow. These icons make every S&M icon from the last 3 Seasons look mediocre in comparison.

I find it ironic you post on the thread in which someone didn't want to post an icon because of you :D
  • edited July 2010
    Uh... thanks guys.
  • edited July 2010
    Uh... thanks guys.

As Bjorn would say:

"Welcome."
  • edited July 2010
    Originally Posted by Awesomepantsman
    Unrelated to the other ones, but how are these?
    sammaxpenalzone.pngsammaxsammunmak.pngsammaxmaxsbrain.png

Those, are rather good. No, excellent. No, brilliant. Just brilliant. The icons here are fantastic! Awesomepantsman, may I use them? Would that be alright?
  • edited July 2010
    Those are amazing, they look like the fo' real deal! I'd use em!
  • edited July 2010
    Sure, use them. I probably wouldn't have posted them if I didn't want anyone to use them.
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks! :D
  • edited July 2010
    So, Awesomepantsm'n, are you planning on making one for Beyond the Alley of the Dolls?
  • edited July 2010
    Here! Thanks for reminding me.
    sammaxalleydolls.png
  • edited July 2010
    Unrelated to the other ones, but how are these?
    sammaxpenalzone.pngsammaxsammunmak.pngsammaxmaxsbrain.pngsammaxalleydolls.png

okay, these are amazing. I NEED you to do one for The City that Dares Not Sleep when it comes out! NEED IT!
  • edited July 2010
    Really amazing work. I'm really debating whether to stick with the originals or use these, and I never use custom icons.
  • edited July 2010
    okay, these are amazing. I NEED you to do one for The City that Dares Not Sleep when it comes out! NEED IT!

The MUnmak one isn't showing, could someone re upload it?
  • edited July 2010
    This is the first time I've been in this thread (I don't venture into the Sam and Max threads too much in fear of spoilers), but I was far to curious and had to see what this thread was about.

My reaction? Simply wow. These are gorgeous. I think I might have to go and change a few icons now...

and by the by, I don't see a Sammun-Mak icon either. Has it not yet been created?
  • edited July 2010
    yeah even a poster like me cant see it
  • edited July 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    This is the first time I've been in this thread (I don't venture into the Sam and Max threads too much in fear of spoilers), but I was far to curious and had to see what this thread was about.

My reaction? Simply wow. These are gorgeous. I think I might have to go and change a few icons now...

and by the by, I don't see a Sammun-Mak icon either. Has it not yet been created?

Head over to the fanart thread - they're talking about these icons right now and you can see all the different options together. There is a sammun-mak one there.
  • edited July 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    yeah even a poster like me cant see it
    We're all posters, simpleman386.
    tabstis wrote: »
    Head over to the fanart thread - they're talking about these icons right now and you can see all the different options together. There is a sammun-mak one there.
    here's a temporary .jpg so you can see what it looks like. i would upload the png but my internets on its final leg i believe
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1772&stc=1&d=1280648016
  • edited July 2010
    sammaxsammunmak.png
    I hope that fixes it...
  • edited August 2010
    Woo, Papierwaite's back!

...I don't like how he's undressing me with his eyes...
  • edited August 2010
    These are fantastic. Great job!
  • edited August 2010
    Is anyone interested in doing a badge icon for Hit the Road?
  • edited August 2010
    Already on it!
    sammaxhitroad.png
  • edited August 2010
    Woo! Now my desktop is that much more awesome. The ScummVM icon I had before was kinda crummy looking next to all the other Sam & Max icons.
  • edited August 2010
    Nice! If I can find Hit the Road, I'll use that icon.
  • edited August 2010
    Anybody have any good ideas for a season one badge icon?

And while I'm at it and since I can't think of a better place to ask, does anyone have any good icon ideas for the old LucasArts library? I have icons for both Indy games, Day of the Tentacle, and of course the Monkey Islands, Grim Fandango, and now Hit the Road, but I'm currently stuck with the ScummVM icon for all the rest.
  • edited August 2010

Here's the one I've been using for a year.

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=54he28r1brunbib&thumb=4
  • edited August 2010
    Either that's a dead link or you've been using a blue triangle with an exclamation point in it for a Sam & Max icon.
  • edited August 2010
    Either that's a dead link or you've been using a blue triangle with an exclamation point in it for a Sam & Max icon.

Fixed. It didn't upload properly
  • edited August 2010
    Ah, that's the icon from season two. If you're using that for season one, what are you using for season two?
  • edited August 2010
    Someone should make a hit the road icon with Conroy Bumpus in it
  • edited August 2010
    Ah, that's the icon from season two. If you're using that for season one, what are you using for season two?

go on the post your desktop thread. you'll see it.
  • edited August 2010
    It's sort of hard to make out in those screenshots. I really like your Devil's Playhouse one, though. Any chance you could post the images of them both here?
  • edited August 2010
    It's sort of hard to make out in those screenshots. I really like your Devil's Playhouse one, though. Any chance you could post the images of them both here?

maybe in an hour. im kind of having a crisis with a constantly crashing alien swarm right now
  • edited August 2010

how about one for culture shock
  • edited August 2010
    Naw, I want a good unique icon for season one.
  • edited August 2010
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1800&stc=1&d=1281357628
  • edited August 2010
    Reminder for 305 icon goes here.
  • edited August 2010
    Pushing the thread goes here so Awesomepantsman sees
  • edited August 2010
    Uhh, bump for 305 icon?

And so this post isn't totally worthless, I followed your ideas for season icons, Highway. Doing the one of Season 2 wasn't too hard once I found the icon in the store, but doing the Devil's Playhouse one was an enormous pain after I found it on the VIP site. I do pretty much fail at Photoshop, though, so I probably made cutting it out way harder than it needed to be.

Oh, and I'm still looking for ideas on those LucasArts titles I mentioned further up the page.
  • edited August 2010
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1851&stc=1&d=1283332296
  • edited August 2010
    Okay, now that's just plain awesome. Any chance of seeing the same with seasons one and three?

Edit: Ooh, does anyone want to do season 3 icons using the movie posters?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.