Sam & Max Custom Icons [Was: Badge Icon]

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Sort of bump because I want a 305 badge icon too.
  • edited September 2010
    that is you 305 icon
  • edited September 2010
    i really wish telltale would change to the badge icons to mantain the tradition. yeah i know, this is THE DEVILS PLAYHOUSE [SIZE="-3"](also sam & max season 3)[/SIZE] but i'd like everything to fit
  • edited September 2010
    I am also requesting a 305 badge. :o
    seibert999 wrote: »
    that is you 305 icon

No, it's not. That's from Beyond Time and Space (hence, the BTaS filename).
  • edited September 2010
    sammaxcitydaresnotsleep.png
    Sorry I was late.
  • edited September 2010
    Sorry I was late.

hmmmm...
    what about a sunrise background?
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks again Awesomepantsman and thanks for all the others too.

See you for season 4!
  • edited September 2010
    Awesome as ever, Not-StonkBad.

Still wondering if anyone wants to do icons out of the DVD covers for seasons 1 and 3.
  • edited September 2010
    Sorry I was late.

what about those cool background
  • edited September 2010
    Edit: Ooh, does anyone want to do season 3 icons using the movie posters?

Since these looked like fun to do... :)

sm1.pngsm1badge.png

sm2.pngsm2badge.png

sm3.pngsm3badge.png

sm4.pngsm4badge.png

sm5.pngsm5badge.png
  • edited September 2010
    Everyone, stop making such awesome icons! BlankCanvasDJ, you have just won a place on my Telltale Games dock!
  • edited September 2010
    Holy crap, those are awesome.
  • edited September 2010
    :D Why thankya!
  • edited September 2010
    Since everyone seems to be posting the icon(s) they made, I figure I'll get in on it too. Here's the icon I made for 305 shortly after I beat it:

2mo4ili.png

I'd also like to note: BlankCanvasDJ, those are freakin' awesome!
  • edited September 2010
    BlankCanvasDJ, those are fantastic. Especially the one for 304.
  • edited September 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    Since everyone seems to be posting the icon(s) they made, I figure I'll get in on it too. Here's the icon I made for 305 shortly after I beat it:

2mo4ili.png

That's awesome! Did you only do one for 305?
  • edited September 2010
    That's awesome! Did you only do one for 305?

Thanks! I made up a Charlie Ho-Tep icon for 304, but it's pretty small and low-quality. Though I could see about making up a larger, higher-quality version.
  • edited September 2010
    If we want the 'villain' motif, then having Sammun-Mak as Max, Charlie Hotep, and Narrarator icons would work great too.
  • edited September 2010
    If we want the 'villain' motif, then having Sammun-Mak as Max, Charlie Hotep, and Narrarator icons would work great too.

That's it, as soon as I finish this Charlie Ho-Tep icon, I'm making a Sammun-Mak one.

Also, the reason I chose Stinky for the 305 icon was because the Narrator, while being the "official" villain, never even did anything to stop Sam. And in the end, he ended up helping them. Stinky, on the other hand, was pretty actively villainous, arranging that whole fight with Flint at the cloning chamber.
  • edited September 2010
    Fair point.

Though it does feel a bit strange that the ever-present narrator doesn't feature in any icons. Maybe someone should do an alternate 301 icon with him, since we already have plenty of Skunkape options. Or maybe he'd be a good choice for the complete season icon.
  • edited September 2010
    Fair point.

Though it does feel a bit strange that the ever-present narrator doesn't feature in any icons. Maybe someone should do an alternate 301 icon with him, since we already have plenty of Skunkape options. Or maybe he'd be a good choice for the complete season icon.

I think the Narrator would work for a complete season icon. Haha, too many good icon ideas! I wanna make 'em all!

Anyway, HEEEEEERRREE'S CHARLIE!

11vph6g.png

I opted for his art from Sam's notepad rather than his in-game model, as all my other icons for the season feature concept art. If I used his model, it'd be Launch of the Screaming Narwhal all over again.
  • edited September 2010
    The Gentleman did do a round icon of the narrator. It's sort of a nice contrast with the other round icons, with the colors being inverted.
    icon.png
    I made this icon yesterday. Looks good on a dark background.

But yeah, a Narrator badge icon would be great.
  • edited September 2010
    There is concept art of Charlie, but I don't think it's going to be available to us until someone gets the DVD. Once that happens, the options for awesome icons are going to explode.

CharlieHo-Tep.png

Also, is it just me, or does it look like the tentacles on the 305 icon come from Norrngton and not Max?

Norrington.png
  • edited September 2010
    There is concept art of Charlie, but I don't think it's going to be available to us until someone gets the DVD. Once that happens, the options for awesome icons are going to explode.

CharlieHo-Tep.png
    That's what I used for my lower-quality Charlie Ho-Tep icon. But it didn't exactly look good blown up to a decent size, so I went with the notepad version. I'm pretty happy with how it came out.
    Also, is it just me, or does it look like the tentacles on the 305 icon come from Norrngton and not Max?

Norrington.png
    It does, doesn't it?
  • edited September 2010
    Quick question, what program do you guys use to make the icons?
  • edited September 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Quick question, what program do you guys use to make the icons?

I make mine using a combination of Paint.NET and MS Paint.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, let me reword that, how do you convert the images to icons?
  • edited September 2010
    I did my images in Photoshop and then just used icoFX to convert them to .ico files.

http://icofx.ro/

Free and easy.
  • edited September 2010
    In that case, I just convert mine using convertico.com.
  • edited September 2010
    I must be doing something wrong, but no matter what I use it ends up looking tiny =/
  • edited September 2010
    I must be doing something wrong, but no matter what I use it ends up looking tiny =/

It'll be fine once you get it on your desktop. That always happens.
  • edited September 2010
    Not if I choose to view icons in any size bigger than medium it isn't =/
  • edited September 2010
    Not if I choose to view icons in any size bigger than medium it isn't =/
    Oh. Well, I don't know what to tell you. I just always use small icons. :/
  • edited September 2010
    :confused: Hmm, I really dunno why it's doing that. All the icons are 256x256 so I'm not sure why it's giving you trouble.

I can try to dig up the original .ico file that I used if you think it'd help.
  • edited September 2010
    I don't know why it's giving me trouble either, hell, every time I opened the images I chose the 256x256 option too. Fortunately, I found out that lombre's website doesn't shrink them (I could've sworn I tried it before posting for help *shrugs*). Problem solved then.
  • edited September 2010
    I don't know why it's giving me trouble either, hell, every time I opened the images I chose the 256x256 option too. Fortunately, I found out that lombre's website doesn't shrink them (I could've sworn I tried it before posting for help *shrugs*). Problem solved then.

Weird, since that site I posted shrinks them for me. :confused:
  • edited September 2010
    Well, that's certainly weird considering it converted them perfectly for me.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, that's certainly weird considering it converted them perfectly for me.

Ah well. The small icons work for me, so who am I to try and unravel the mysteries of the universe?
  • edited September 2010
    I use Greenfish Icon Editor Pro. It's free and it does a good job of converting images to icons in whatever sizes I want.
  • edited September 2010
    The Gentleman did do a round icon of the narrator. It's sort of a nice contrast with the other round icons, with the colors being inverted.

But yeah, a Narrator badge icon would be great.

Get me a badge icon exploitable and I'll do one for you.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.