Sam & Max Custom Icons [Was: Badge Icon]

124»

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Anyone happen to have the concept art of Myra saved? I'm working on making a Season 1 & 2 icon set using concept art rather than character models, and I can't see to get the Myra concept art. The picture of it on the DVD concept reel is tiny, and the art that used to be on Telltale's site is just Oh crumbs! now.
  • edited October 2010
    Sorry for bumping up this old thing, but I just finished a new icon set for Season 3, this one featuring the Toys of Power.
    r02j38.png2aj5u8.png
    2dcaavk.png350w288.png
    28l8ih1.png

And in action:
    2qvee5w.png
  • edited October 2010
    Really nice work there, they look great.

Btw, could anyone tell me how to change the icon of the folder? I try doing it the same as with the shortcuts for the games but for some reason it stays the same .__.
  • edited October 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Really nice work there, they look great.

Btw, could anyone tell me how to change the icon of the folder? I try doing it the same as with the shortcuts for the games but for some reason it stays the same .__.

Thanks!

I've had that problem with folders too. :/ Sometimes refreshing my desktop helps, other times I wait a while, and then next time I go to my desktop it's been inexplicably changed. Yeah, it's not much help, but that's all I got.
  • edited October 2010
    Still wondering if anyone wants to do one using the season one DVD cover art.
  • edited October 2010
    Even if you can make the pictures an icon, how do you use them on an .EXE file?
    As far as i know you can only use them on folders.
  • edited October 2010
    I think Charlie Ho-Tep works better as the Episode 2 icon. The Mind-Reading cards were the main power of Episode 4, use that for the icon.
  • edited October 2010
    Has anyone made an icon for Save the World with the art for the DVD cover? If not can someone give me a template for the badge so that I can give it a try?
  • edited October 2010
    Awesome! Now, is there one for season 2 and 3? I know The Highway posted one for season 2, but I couldn't convert it...
  • edited October 2010
    Thank you so much, SunnyGuy! I've been wanting that for a while now.

Nintomster, the season 3 DVD case badge would be the same as the 305 movie poster badge. As for season 2...I dunno? If you can't use The Highway's, try editing the image to make it useable?

Edit: I did it for you. I changed it to a png like the others, so hopefully it'll work. Here's all three season DVD case icons.

sam_season_1_desktop_icon_by_thesunnyguy-d304zxn.png

btasicon.png

sm5badge.png
  • edited October 2010

Honestly, with how easy that was I'm surprised it took so long for anyone to do it XD
  • edited October 2010
    I'm pretty incompetent when it comes to graphics work (other than sprite art), plus I was never able to find a clear image of Purcell's DVD art, otherwise I would've done it myself.
  • edited October 2010
    I think Charlie Ho-Tep works better as the Episode 2 icon. The Mind-Reading cards were the main power of Episode 4, use that for the icon.

Yeah, but Charlie gets used quite a bit, and he's the main villain of the episode. I went story-relevance over most used.

Plus, the card are the only power not to get their own art in Sam's notebook. It's just a picture of Max looking all psychic-y, with a spade in the corner.
  • edited October 2010

Nintomster, the season 3 DVD case badge would be the same as the 305 movie poster badge. As for season 2...I dunno? If you can't use The Highway's, try editing the image to make it useable?

Edit: I did it for you. I changed it to a png like the others, so hopefully it'll work. Here's all three season DVD case icons.

sam_season_1_desktop_icon_by_thesunnyguy-d304zxn.png

btasicon.png

sm5badge.png

After I posted that, I had to go. A few minutes later, I thought, hmm, BlankCanvasDJ's 305 icon would count. Then I thought I could just edit The Highway's icon to png. Oh well, thanks anyway!
  • edited October 2010
    Has one like this been done already?
    28kpkjb.jpg

I made it for S&M in general, it's currently getting used as the icon for my "everything S&M related folder" >.>

Just noticed that I missed erasing a little part, but eh, it's not like it's gonna bee noticeable at the size most people use.
  • edited October 2010
    Still wondering if anyone wants to do one using the season one DVD cover art.
    I was about to before I saw
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Great job, btw!
    Nintomster wrote: »
    After I posted that, I had to go. A few minutes later, I thought, hmm, BlankCanvasDJ's 305 icon would count. Then I thought I could just edit The Highway's icon to png. Oh well, thanks anyway!
    Which icon would that be of mine?
  • edited October 2010
    btasicon.png

That one. Only it is an JPEG when you posted it.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    I don't know why I haven't already uploaded this for you guys... It's not the best quality but here's the badge border I used for the season one and two icons, launchers, etc:

badge.png
  • edited October 2010
    Now that looks useful, thanks.
    I was about to before I saw

Great job, btw!

Thanks! :) Not only for the compliment but also because I used your BTaS icon as a template so it feels fair to thank you XD
  • edited October 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I don't know why I haven't already uploaded this for you guys... It's not the best quality but here's the badge border I used for the season one and two icons, launchers, etc:

Oh great, now they'll all have to be redone. :D
  • edited October 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    That one. Only it is an JPEG when you posted it.

oh, yes, because uploading pngs is not permitted on forums, it converts it to a jpg
  • edited October 2010
    So, first thing I did with the badge was make a HtR icon...

snm_hit_the_road_desktop_icon_by_thesunnyguy-d30imde.png
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/SnM-Hit-the-Road-desktop-icon-182267330
  • edited June 2011
    MODS: Unless there is a big icon thread somewhere, could we have one big icon thread, where we could all post our icons? Or is this not popular enough to have it's own thread for all icons? And, if I were to make BTTF ones, should we just make one thread in the General Discussion forums, or keep one in each game forum?

Hey all! Been working on some custom Sam and Max icons, seeing all these awesome ones done by other users (GinnyN, Awesomepantsman, BlackCanvasDJ etc.) a while back, and decided to do some of my own. Here is the Season 3 Villain pack! (spoilers if you haven't finished Season 3 yet)

Attachment not found.

Comment, give advice, even put your own up! If these are any good, I'll put some BTTF ones up too, along with a Season 1 and 2 villain pack, possbily with other ones. Suggestions are welcome too!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.