All the toy's of power (Possible Spoilers)

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
From what I can see from the trailer the toys are:

Playing cards- mind reading
Rhinoplasty- Shape shifting
Future vision- the name says it all
Phone- teleportation
Some old guy doll- possibly mind control
Something that look's like a suitcase- That was maybe the universe box but it was too dark to see.
Specs or glasses- see trough walls possibly
A canister or something- No idea

Anything else I missed or something that I didn't mention you can wright in this thread.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    pretty sure the glasses are the nutrition specs
  • edited April 2010
    You're forgetting the tip predicting paddle of doom. ;D
  • edited April 2010
    Steve2911 wrote: »
    You're forgetting the tip predicting paddle of doom. ;D

My apologies :)
  • edited April 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    pretty sure the glasses are the nutrition specs

What do the nutrition specs do?
  • edited April 2010
    AFAIK make PC players jealous of PS3 players...

np: David Bowie - Aladdin Sane (The Best Of David Bowie 1969-1974)
  • edited April 2010

Well, according to "Ray the Sun" they let you see hidden objects and also see what a person is made up of (The Food Pyramid sort of way). I'll have more information here.

Also, don't count those as all the Toys of Power... There could be more.
  • edited April 2010
    And what about that doll that appears to be on the villain picture as well as on the table behind the narrator in the trailer? :/
  • edited April 2010
    And what about that doll that appears to be on the villain picture as well as on the table behind the narrator in the trailer? :/

Like I said, wait till the next Episodes. Don't count your Toys before you've played with them.
  • edited April 2010
    Leak wrote: »
    AFAIK make PC players jealous of PS3 players...

np: David Bowie - Aladdin Sane (The Best Of David Bowie 1969-1974)

This. But didn't they say that these specs would come to PC players soon? In an update? They'd better do it soon!
  • edited April 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Well, according to "Ray the Sun" they let you see hidden objects and also see what a person is made up of (The Food Pyramid sort of way).

More in the Nutrition Facts sort of way (ala this) and it really only finds one hidden object and that's with the aid of Future Vision. (
    in case pudding-head Lincoln's future bugs you
    )
  • edited May 2010
    Keep in mind theres only space on the psychic wheel for six toys, four have been shown to the two that are left are the Video Camera thing and the tube/canister which I think is either a kaleidoscope or a barrel of monkeys.
  • edited May 2010
    richforce wrote: »
    Keep in mind theres only space on the psychic wheel for six toys

That could mean that he can only use six at the same time. Not necessarily that there are 6 of them overall.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    That could mean that he can only use six at the same time. Not necessarily that there are 6 of them overall.

This is true. There's practically limitless possibilities when it comes to psychic powers.
  • edited May 2010
    To end the "six total psychic powers" vs. "six psychic powers at a time" debate, there are six psychic powers at one time. In the pre-order forum, in "Q&A with Design Team," I asked Chuck Jordan that question and he said that there is six at a time.
  • edited May 2010
    Meh ill speak up to enlighten everyone about the nutri-specs... :o

The nutrition specs show what people and things are made of... it mainly just gives some extra funny lines and alternate dialogue for a bunch of things

You can also re-examine some objects after finding out what its made of to hear some alternate lines (for example, the ectoplasm in the lab is really
    a spilled jello shot...
    and sam says something about a wild party if you look at it again after using the specs on it)

To that end, every location has at least one object or character that can be examined with the specs

(and the "mysterious alley" location where you get the specs is mostly worthless, it only has one or two examinable items and funny lines in it... It's also not that mysterious, lol)

All-in-all its a cool Easter egg, but is 30 or so extra jokes worth the price of ordering the PS3 version right now?... Well, that's entirely up to you (being as I only own the PS3 version)
  • edited May 2010
    The NutriSpecs will be released for PC, but only when Telltale deems the PC users of Earth worthy of it. How long after ToMI Episode 1 did the Treasure Hunt get released? That's probably how long it'll take.

Refresh this page until the text wears off your F5 key.

Edit: Oh dear. the Treasure Hunt was released two weeks after ToMI Episode 1. It's been longer than that since 301 came out (over a month counting the iPad version). Telltale might be waiting until 302 comes out. Better start bugging them if you don't like that...
  • edited May 2010
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Edit: Oh dear. the Treasure Hunt was released two weeks after ToMI Episode 1. It's been longer than that since 301 came out (over a month counting the iPad version). Telltale might be waiting until 302 comes out. Better start bugging them if you don't like that...

I'm counting on it to be released in the DVD version, so that they will have time to fix all the mistakes for every Episode.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm counting on it to be released in the DVD version, so that they will have time to fix all the mistakes for every Episode.

Uh, the content is already in the episode. Telltale just has to activate it remotely.
  • edited May 2010
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Uh, the content is already in the episode. Telltale just has to activate it remotely.

That's what I was referring too. I just couldn't explain it very well.
  • edited May 2010

the puppet and the portrait don't look that much alike
  • edited May 2010
    I much rather have nutricious specs now than when the DVD ships with bugfixes.
    Why?

1) Because all is already there.
    2) If there are bugs in the added content they will be found and spotted before the DVD ships, which might not happen in the other situation.
    3) I really don't see a point holding it back for 6 months (neither with the Earl Boen 101 version actually).
  • edited May 2010
    tip predicting paddle of doom is still at the shop an I bet time travel is its real power
  • edited May 2010
    Nah, it's the penguin.

After all, it showed up in the trailer, and is there in the toyshop. Coincidence? I don't think so...

Now the question is; what power does it give?
  • edited May 2010

Now the question is; what power does it give?

Time Freeze.
  • edited May 2010
    You know... Not once has anyone mentioned the silhouettes of the toys in the credits :rolleyes:

besides the future vision, rhinoplasty, mind reading, and nuitrispec toys... there are about 3 others that pass the camera

some sort of canister, some sort of projector (or camera), and the creepy doll

(I would post a screenshot, but I don't have the PC version)
  • edited May 2010
    The end credits? No toys there.

Or do you mean the opening credits?
  • edited May 2010
    I think he meant the opening credits...
  • edited May 2010
    I may have an idea about the canister/can.
    All of the items are toys of one type, or another.
    The can could be a parody on the Play-Doh cans.
  • edited May 2010
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    You know... Not once has anyone mentioned the silhouettes of the toys in the credits :rolleyes:

besides the future vision, rhinoplasty, mind reading, and nuitrispec toys... there are about 3 others that pass the camera

I mentioned it, but there was no doll in the sequence, my guess is that it's a ventriliquist's dummy that a villain uses.
  • edited May 2010
    Dangerzone wrote: »

I tried to post a screenshot, but it's to difficult to see. I'm pretty sure that canister is one part of another psychic power.
    Dparrot wrote: »
    I may have an idea about the canister/can.
    All of the items are toys of one type, or another.
    The can could be a parody on the Play-Doh cans.

Not likely, the "Play-Doh" void was filled by Rhinoplasty.
  • edited May 2010
    Not likely, the "Play-Doh" void was filled by Rhinoplasty.
    No, that was more like Silly Putty.
  • edited May 2010
    I took a screenshot, can anyone make some of the back stuff out?

I see a...

Toy Video Camera

Canister with barely visible words

and something else in front of Future Vision and Teleportation.
  • edited May 2010
    the can is one of vos can that ue tern usidan and go mow:)
  • edited May 2010
    I spy nutrition specs. The can is PROBABLY Rhinoplasty.
  • edited May 2010
    Knowing Sam & Max's universe, that can is probably an empty toy can that allows them to hear conversations happening on the other side of the wall.

My initial thought was that it is an empty toy can once used to hold those springy snakes in that would allow Max to have a fourth-dimension pocket, but I ruled that out pretty quickly because he technically already has one.:p
  • edited May 2010
    The canister may be Chinese Handcuffs; which gives Max the power to render his enemies incapeable of using his/her hands.
  • edited May 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    My initial thought was that it is an empty toy can once used to hold those springy snakes in that would allow Max to have a fourth-dimension pocket, but I ruled that out pretty quickly because he technically already has one.:p

I figured it was the springy-snake can of cthulhu inspired doom.
  • edited May 2010
    I took a screenshot, can anyone make some of the back stuff out?

I see a...

Toy Video Camera

Canister with barely visible words

and something else in front of Future Vision and Teleportation.

Just ran the intro on my end. The toy in front of Future Vision is the Rhinoplasty. In order, they go....

Deck of Cards (or rather just a card)
    Toy Camera
    Canister
    Nutrition Specs
    Rhinoplasty
    Future Vision
    Teleportation Phone

So that's seven right there, which is more than how many slots Max has on his psychic wheel...
  • edited May 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    So that's seven right there, which is more than how many slots Max has on his psychic wheel...

My guess is that they'll subtract nutrition specs.
  • edited May 2010
    ther all bast on odd toys and look at the consept art for max hmmmmm kick the can
Sign in to comment in this discussion.