All the toy's of power (Possible Spoilers)

Comments

• edited May 2010
    My guess is that they'll subtract nutrition specs.

I'm not so sure. There's still the ventriloquist dummy from the trailer that has to be accounted for, after all ...

Also, IIRC, someone from Telltale said in the pre-order forum that the slots in Max Mode don't represent the total number of Toys, but rather how many you could possibly have at your disposal at one time.
  • edited May 2010
    They should add a lighter for pyrokinesis. XD

*edit*
    wait, a lighter isn't a toy.

don't play with fire kids!
  • edited May 2010
    Amaterasu wrote: »
    They should add a lighter for pyrokinesis. XD

*edit*
    wait, a lighter isn't a toy.

don't play with fire kids!

An EZ bake over to grant the power of infared radiation.
  • edited May 2010
    Secret Origins: Skun'kape in the comic hes riding is a robics cuobe
  • edited May 2010
    A box that summons clowns when you wind it up.
  • edited May 2010
    Well, I just replayed the beginning of The Penal Zone; and I found out that there are 16 Toys of Power slots on Max's color wheel.

Now they may work like in an old videogame I used too play. After a certain part of the game, your inventory (Or in this case... "Power Wheel"), will lose one object and place a new one in it's place. So either that, or after you find more Toys, more inserts in the Power Wheel become visible and a Toy appears there.

Refer to pic for more details.
    Power.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    ha remember my post on the can I was correct it was Kick the can I whack the trailer for the Tomb of Sammun-Mak
  • edited May 2010
    kane wrote: »
    ha remember my post on the can I was correct it was Kick the can I whack the trailer for the Tomb of Sammun-Mak

Actually, looking at the new trailer; the items in present Max's mind are different in the early 20th century version.
    The "Toys of Power" of the elden days are a lot different due to the fact that toys weren't as well built back then as they are in the 50s.
  • edited May 2010
    yes I now won of the games they played Kick the can where they Kick a can
  • edited May 2010
    I see we get a movie reel that gives the power of Astral Projection, The Dummy and the mysterious "Can O' Nuts" that draws the user into it.
  • edited May 2010
    Well, that trailer made me think there's some potential for death and fail courses...

GREAT!!
  • edited May 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    Well, that trailer made me think there's some potential for death and fail courses...

GREAT!!

Makes me wish there was a second chance button.
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Makes me wish there was a second chance button.

That could be a Toy of Power. :D Would make a great dig towards The Sands of Time.
  • edited May 2010
    the can seems to pule them in but where do they go?
  • edited May 2010
    That could be a Toy of Power. :D Would make a great dig towards The Sands of Time.

I was thinking more like Nancy Drew :p.
    the can seems to pule them in but where do they go?

The can is probably early teleportation. Or it takes them to a peanut factory.
  • edited May 2010
    Actually, looking at the new trailer; the items in present Max's mind are different in the early 20th century version.
    The "Toys of Power" of the elden days are a lot different due to the fact that toys weren't as well built back then as they are in the 50s.

Maybe the can is the 1902 version of the Teleportation Phone!
  • edited May 2010
    Does it have to take them somewhere? Maybe the point is just getting out of wherever they are as fast as they can, and pop out of the can later when the danger has passed.

EDIT: plus they can sneak up on people that way. They want to open that can and eat a few nuts and DEATH FROM ABOVE!
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    EDIT: plus they can sneak up on people that way. They want to open that can and eat a few nuts and DEATH FROM ABOVE!

Or even better, it sucks them inside and then launches them out like those snakes in those cans of peanut butter. That's considered an early toy.
  • edited May 2010
    Or even better, it sucks them inside and then launches them out like those snakes in those cans of peanut butter. That's considered an early toy.

That's what I was going for, yes. I'm pretty sure that's what the can is (what toy it is, I mean), that was my thought from the start. (The start being when I first saw the trailer for episode 2).
  • edited May 2010
    I kind of hope it sucks enemies in so you can store them for annoying but fun puzzles.
  • edited May 2010
    snakes in a can Diderot exist in 1902 but tow cans and a string that represented a telephone did sam and max is not hard just flinch ok and research so not hard.
  • edited May 2010
    I guess, but it's a bit less interesting if you just get an older version of the same toys. I'd rather get brand new powers.
  • edited May 2010
    maybe its slit lea different like they pop a whet The Devil's Toybox
  • edited May 2010
    remember the comet what if it is The Devil's Toybox that explains the power full toys and the quantity of them
  • edited May 2010
    Hey, that makes sense, the "comet" being the toybox that fell onto Earth and was full of toys.
  • edited May 2010
    wait, comet? im missing something, right?
  • edited May 2010
    I think they are comparing the comet from Maniac Mansion to the Devil's Toybox.
  • edited May 2010
    I dunno, I just rolled with it. It takes my energy to understand the message so I guess I didn't think to doubt it? Is a comet never mentioned anywhere?
  • edited May 2010
    no go her ok it makes a lot of sense http://www.samandmax.net/wiki/Toys_of_Power
  • edited May 2010
    sore Avistew didn't see sore
  • edited May 2010
    That link is wrong about one thing: it says we can control Max... all we can do is attempt to influence his actions into doing something if that happens to coincide with what he wants to do at the moment.
  • edited May 2010
    The comet thing is mentioned by Skun-ka'pe at some point.
  • edited May 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    The comet thing is mentioned by Skun-ka'pe at some point.

I thought so too, but isn't that part of his lie? I honestly can't remember.
  • edited May 2010
    no he on-le tolled heath the tooth so but it is all we got to go on:(
  • edited May 2010
    no he on-le tolled heath the tooth so but it is all we got to go on:(

Right. Well at least we know where it comes from, even if we don't know what the exact truth is.
  • edited May 2010
    For the love of all things literate! Can someone please provide a translation of kane's posts?! Reading them is starting to get difficult to understand, even when I use the replies of people who do understand them as a form of context to help with the decrypting process!
  • edited May 2010
    For the love of all things literate! Can someone please provide a translation of kane's posts?! Reading them is starting to get difficult to understand, even when I use the replies of people who do understand them as a form of context to help with the decrypting process!

Let me try.
    Snakes in a can didn't exist in 1902 but two cans and a string that represented a telephone did. Sam and max is not hard, just flinch ok and research, so not hard.
    Remember the comet? What if it is The Devil's Toybox? That explains the powerful toys and the quantity of them.
    No, go here, ok? It makes a lot of sense http://www.samandmax.net/wiki/Toys_of_Power
    Sorry, Avistew, didn't see, sorry.
    No, he only told (heath?) the truth, so... But it is all we've got to go on :(

I remember a forum I used to frequent (in French), there was a mod whose only job was to edit people's posts to correct their spelling and grammar, which was pretty useful since we had a few members with dyslexia too.
  • edited May 2010
    Well that clears a lot up for me, thanks Avi.

I thought about that comet, it's very possible that'll be re-visited with more details.
  • edited May 2010
    Well that clears a lot up for me, thanks Avi.

I thought about that comet, it's very possible that'll be re-visited with more details.
    I think I noticed a comet in the images depicting Sammun-Mak's life
    , so you're probably right.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.