Physical Copy?

2»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    BadStrong wrote: »
    If they didn't treat the pilot as if they were to continue the series, it would lead to unpreparedness and a possible lack of quality. I really hope this does well enough for Telltale to carry out their plans for this series.

I didn't say that the pilot wouldn't lead into a series. I just dispute the idea that the pilot will be the first episode of a series. I have definitely been wrong before, that's just my take on it.
  • edited May 2010
    The pilot will not be part of the season. If it has success, Telltale will make a season, but its story won't be related to the pilot.
  • edited May 2010
    Neelo wrote: »
    The pilot will not be part of the season. If it has success, Telltale will make a season, but its story won't be related to the pilot.
    I don't see how you got this insider info, since nothing at all has been said about how a season from a pilot would work out.
  • edited May 2010
    I think I remember reading that somewhere on the forum, or maybe I'm just imagining things.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2010
    I just noticed that if you view the background image, you get a note from a letter of the special assistant to the director of the FBI, Linda Annabelle. :) The note says that Nelson Tethers has applied to be assigned to three cases that have been denied.

It mentions that the puzzle division hasn't been active for years, since Nelson worked in Nashville on a person of interest's impossibly secure safe. The FBI gave him the situation in Minnesota, and mentioned that he's a valuable member of the team and a case might pop up at any time.

This wording makes me think that if there is a season, the pilot would be the first episode (since it makes it sound like Nelson's next cases would be in the same continuity as the Mystery of Scoggins). :)
  • edited May 2010
    You can also see the letter if you click on Linda Annabelle's name.

The weird thing about that letter is that the letterhead uses an address from before the time of ZIP codes ("Washington 25, DC"), but Tethers' address in the JEH building has a proper ZIP code. Strange.
  • edited May 2010
    If they ever do release a physical copy they should put all the Grickle cartoons in the bonus section of the dvd.
  • edited May 2010
    I like the idea of, say, 6 pilot games bundle. Then you could vote after, and heck, you'd have 6 games :D
  • It'd be good if they did a series of pilots something akin to Comedy Showcase with the best received ones becoming a full series.
  • edited June 2010
    I wouldn't call SBCG4AP a bad release, especially since that doesn't really illustrate well how FAR they dropped when they...I don't really know how to describe the Wallace and Gromit disc's creation process, but I'd certainly make sure to make it sound derogatory if I knew a word angry enough to express how horrendous it is.

Does this help? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeU3IYNgJbY#t=0m29s

(should start @ 29secs)
  • edited June 2010
    I don't see how you got this insider info, since nothing at all has been said about how a season from a pilot would work out.

In point of fact I believe that the evidence suggests the opposite of what they already stated, namely, that in all likelihood the hypothetical season would indeed continue on from the story of the pilot. There are two pieces of information I'm referring to here in making this conclusion.

The first is the previously quoted paragraph from Sean Vanaman stating that they "now exactly where this story is going if you deem it so." This suggests that while the pilot will probably be relatively self-contained, nevertheless the rest of the season will be very closely tied to the story of the original.

The second, and, in my opinion, more conclusive piece of evidence is something said in some interview somewhere that I don't remember where. Somebody will probably dig it up though. What they said was that 50% of the cost of creating a season went into the first episode, while the second 50% was spread out over the rest of the season. This was specifically stated in reference to the pilot program, and so I think it is not unreasonable at all to conclude from this that they are viewing Puzzle Agent as the first episode of a season which might, or might not, end up having another 4 episodes.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.