Release Date June 9th?

The 50% off deal extends to June 8th, so does this mean that we will get to play Puzzle Agent by June 9th or thereabouts?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    WiiWare games come out every Monday.
  • edited May 2010
    So what, the 7th or the 14th? most likely?
  • edited May 2010
    Wii will probably the last system to get the game.
  • edited May 2010
    WiiWare games come out every Monday.
    Wiiware release dates haven't been synchronous with PC releases since SBCG4AP, I think.
  • edited May 2010
    I pre-ordered it so it's in my game menu, it says 'Expected in June 2010'
  • edited May 2010
    I can see delays happenning with this game.

Knowing Telltale and their past games, it'll be late June, if not July.

This'll be worth it, but don't get your hopes up for a normal release.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    I can see delays happenning with this game.

Knowing Telltale and their past games, it'll be late June, if not July.

This'll be worth it, but don't get your hopes up for a normal release.
    I'm sure the versions they have release control over will be out in June 2010.

Wiiware releases are completely Nintendo's doing, so no one knows if that one will be delayed. As the inaugural Pilot Program game, I'm sure a timely release of Puzzle Agent is important to Telltale.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, you're right about it being the launch of the telltale pilot program. I'm still expecting it late June though, it's hard to make games in such a short time period.

This game will be interesting though, first real Telltale game to have significant replay value, i.e. hunting for the hidden puzzles.

I hope there's lots.... I'll be annoyed if there's only 20.
  • edited May 2010
    June 14th is a lovely date. Just puttin' it out there.
  • edited May 2010
    is that your birthday?
  • edited May 2010
    Maaaaaaybe.
  • edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    it's hard to make games in such a short time period.

I'm pretty sure the game is finished save for a few minor things.
  • edited May 2010
    axelkothe wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the game is finished save for a few minor things.
    Many years ago we made games on a weekly schedule for a TV show - Wetten dass. The backend behind was already written before but we had to do the games each time from scratch because it always was a new concept so you couldn't reuse things a lot. The concept was built on what happened in the TV show and we always had a hard deadline, which was one week per game to fulfill the 4 games for a new show release cycle.

Obviously these games were a lot less complex but still it was hard work until you got the routine. A very productive time and we always succeeded with the deadline, although a few times it was hard. One thing i disliked was that you had no time to play around with the game design in order to test out what works best but on the other side this breed some nice belly driven stuff as well.
  • edited May 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Maaaaaaybe.

Maaaaaaybe it might help if this answer wasn't so darn vague!
  • edited May 2010
    Maaaaaaybe.

I know it's my birthday at least, so I fully support a release on that glorious, glorious day.
  • edited June 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    I know it's my birthday at least, so I fully support a release on that glorious, glorious day.

It'll be like a gift from Telltale that you bought yourself! What a wonderful, wonderful gift!
  • edited June 2010
    Next week is the E3. Can you release a game while the E3 is going?

So... when the game is going to be released? The poor thing doesn't have a Serial Number yet! (I think)
  • edited June 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    So... when the game is going to be released?(I think)

June 30th 11:59:59 PM... HAST (Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time, GMT-10), to show some love to all their Hawaiian fans.
  • edited June 2010
    Maaaaaaybe.

Well if it was, happy be-lated birthday!

I say the game comes out around June 28, best time for anything.
  • edited June 2010
    splash1 wrote: »

You mean, belated by 361 days? Because most people would say "in advance" for something like that.
  • edited June 2010
    splash1 wrote: »

I say the game comes out around June 28, best time for anything.

Is it your birthday?
  • edited June 2010
    Please release this soon, I need to be creeped out.
  • edited June 2010
    BadStrong wrote: »
    Please release this soon, I need to be creeped out.

This.

Also, I'm just finishing up my last exam (due in four hours). Summer, vacation, Puzzle Agent. Is it just me, or does these sound like they're made for each other?
  • edited June 2010
    I suspect that - even if it's done - they'd want to sit on it 'til after E3 so the release doesn't get buried under all the E3 news that'll be coming over the next week.

I'm curious whether we'll be seeing Devil's Playhouse Ep3 before or after Puzzle Agent, both are due this month. I can't whet my appetite until I know how I should be whetting it!
  • edited June 2010
    mclem wrote: »
    I suspect that - even if it's done - they'd want to sit on it 'til after E3 so the release doesn't get buried under all the E3 news that'll be coming over the next week.

I'm curious whether we'll be seeing Devil's Playhouse Ep3 before or after Puzzle Agent, both are due this month. I can't whet my appetite until I know how I should be whetting it!

good point, been a while where 2 episodes from 2 different series come out in the same month.
  • edited June 2010
    Any news?
  • edited June 2010
    Hopefully we'll at the very least get to see a new trailer for the game or something at e3.
  • edited June 2010
    I just got a Telltale mail that my order (The Book of Grickle, alongside Puzzle Agent) has shipped...woohoo!! :D
    So now, the only thing still left to wait is for Puzzle Agent to be released...
  • edited June 2010
    I don't think it will be release June 9th (I could be wrong), but Lindsay did say in the TTG@E3 thread in the general forum they're still aiming for a June release date. I think it's safe to assume it's after June 22.
  • edited June 2010
    I don't think it will be release June 9th (I could be wrong)

>.>
    Lindsay did say in the TTG@E3 thread in the general forum they're still aiming for a June release date.

The trailer says June too. I'm going to say the end of June, and if I'm wrong good grief!
  • edited June 2010
    I don't think it will be release June 9th (I could be wrong)

Can you explain to me how, exactly, you could be wrong?
  • edited June 2010
    well we have just to wait until telltale annouce the release day. anyway i will download a demo on my pc when it's out and if it's good to play(i think that is gonna be avery good game) i will download by telltale or by steam (like my most telltale games)
  • edited June 2010

I'm assuming she's joking.
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    i'm assuming she's joking.

qft
  • edited June 2010

It could be released June 9th, 2011. She'd be wrong then.
  • edited June 2010
    Why don't you provide release date as a puzzle? It would be fun!
    You'll give us 24 hours to solve it and the next day you'll publish the solution - the exact date!:D
  • edited June 2010
    I hope its after the 25th of june.
    I cant buy it until the 25th
  • edited June 2010
    I really hope it's before the 28th. I'll be leaving the country that day...
  • edited June 2010
    I bet they will leave as late as possile but still being true to it being released in June, so the release date will be 30th June 11:59 pm (Telltale time)
  • edited June 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    I bet they will leave as late as possile but still being true to it being released in June, so the release date will be 30th June 11:59 pm (Telltale time)

Nah, they don't release stuff outside of office hours. Would be more like... I dunno, 30th of June, 3pm, so they have time to help with bugs and stuff.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.