Release Date June 9th?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Well whenever its released I want it to be soon, I just finished the first 2 Professor Layton games after reading in these forums that Puzzle Agent look like a Layton clone, and really liked it, the story lines were a bit weird but I still liked it. So now im really looking forward to Puzzle Agent.
  • edited June 2010
    I hope its after the 25th of june.
    I cant buy it until the 25th

You do realize that if it's released before the 25th you can still buy it after the 25th, right? Some of us would like to see it sooner.

I am new here. I loved the first Professor Layton game and was going to buy the 2nd when I heard about Nelson Tethers. I decided to get it for my iPhone instead of Layton 2 for my DSi.
  • edited June 2010
    NapMan wrote: »
    You do realize that if it's released before the 25th you can still buy it after the 25th, right? Some of us would like to see it sooner.
    True, but after release the now-extended 50% off of your cart pre-order deal isn't available anymore - not that I wouldn't also like to see the game earlier... :)
  • edited June 2010
    NapMan wrote: »

I am new here. I loved the first Professor Layton game and was going to buy the 2nd when I heard about Nelson Tethers. I decided to get it for my iPhone instead of Layton 2 for my DSi.

Im planning on buy lots of stuff using the 50% offer. I wont have enough money until the 25th
  • edited June 2010
    I figure they aren't going to release it the same week as a Sam & Max episode release. My money is on next week.
  • edited June 2010
    I suspect the next Sam&Max episode will be next. :O)
  • edited June 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    I suspect the next Sam&Max episode will be next. :O)

You're behind the times, the blog announced it would come out tomorrow a while ago (S&M that is).
  • edited June 2010
    The blog?

Whatever then my guess was right and i'm still ahead the release date. :O)
  • edited June 2010
    Thespis wrote: »
    I figure they aren't going to release it the same week as a Sam & Max episode release. My money is on next week.

Im guessing the 28th due to wiiware and they have yet to say if wiiware and PC release dates are seperate.
  • edited June 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Im guessing the 28th due to wiiware and they have yet to say if wiiware and PC release dates are seperate.

My guess is that they will be. Nintendo control what releases and when for their consoles, Telltale don't get a say.
  • edited June 2010
    Give us a release date, please?
  • edited June 2010
    My guess: The 29th. Telltale likes to release games on tuedays.
  • edited June 2010
    Well... It's the 23, and a press copy isn't out yet, so... Figure it out. ;)
  • edited June 2010
    axelkothe wrote: »
    My guess: The 29th. Telltale likes to release games on tuedays.

And thats when the Wii store updates.
  • edited June 2010
    Ahh. I wan this now. Me need to train brain
  • edited June 2010
    And thats when the Wii store updates.

By updates do you mean a new update like the gift option
    or updates like new wiiware titles becuase i dont remember a country that updates on a tuesday.
  • edited June 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    By updates do you mean a new update like the gift option
    or updates like new wiiware titles becuase i dont remember a country that updates on a tuesday.

For some reason I thought it was Tuesday.
    Maybe monday then
  • edited June 2010
    For some reason I thought it was Tuesday.
    Maybe monday then

Yeah, it's on Monday.
    But we can't assume the release will be simultaneous. It usually isn't. So I wouldn't base my guess on the day the Wii store updates, even if it might still be the release date.
  • edited June 2010
    I would be shocked SHOCKED if Puzzle Agent releases on Wiiware the same day as the PC/Mac/iPad/whatever versions.
  • edited June 2010
    Don't forget about the Apple app store approval process. Just because they release something on the app store one day, doesn't mean it will be available that same day...

The likelihood of this game being released simultaneously across 3 distinct platforms is low. I can see PC/Mac being the same day, but not iPhone/iPad, WiiWare.
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Given that the PC/Mac channel is telltalegames.com, we can fully drive this release timing in the days to come.

For the partners -- iPhone/iPad, WiiWare, we work with them to get the additional platforms out as close together as possible.
  • edited June 2010
    joeldee wrote: »
    Given that the PC/Mac channel is telltalegames.com, we can fully drive this release timing in the days to come.

For the partners -- iPhone/iPad, WiiWare, we work with them to get the additional platforms out as close together as possible.

So the wiiware version will not be out this monday then?
  • edited June 2010
    joeldee wrote: »

So it won't be on Steam?
  • edited June 2010
    Somebody has a lot of faith in the app approval process.
  • edited June 2010
    Qurao wrote: »
    So it won't be on Steam?

I believe Jake confirmed a steam version somewhere in the forums(i think)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Steam version is more or less always going to be on the same schedule as the Telltale Version. I don't actually know what all is required on their end for getting the game up onto the service, but all I know is that they do it really fast.
  • MRNMRN
    edited June 2010
    ^^ hqhq
  • edited July 2010
    I was wondering about the GamersGate version - Puzzle Agent is shown in their "Coming Soon" list with a 2nd of July release date for about a week now (after the releasedate had shifted several times before).

Any news when it actually will be released through them?

I ask because I don't have a creditcard (and I wouldn't want to use one anyway) and GamersGate allows me to purchase directly through my bankaccount. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.