Bugs/Glitches I found

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Found a Game-Killing (but obscure) Glitch:
    If you never have Natasha Mole read the funnies to you, you never get the "Cut the Cucumber-lengthwise joke for use with the guardians later. The first time it will inexplicably be on the wheel, but the second time it will not, so if you complete Reel 1 without ever hearing the funnies you're hosed.

Edit: And if you're wondering why I would perform such idiocy, one of the trophies is for fairly persistent idiocy X9.
  • edited May 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    Found a Game-Killing (but obscure) Glitch:
    If you never have Natasha Mole read the funnies to you, you never get the "Cut the Cucumber-lengthwise joke for use with the guardians later. The first time it will inexplicably be on the wheel, but the second time it will not, so if you complete Reel 1 without ever hearing the funnies you're hosed.

Edit: And if you're wondering why I would perform such idiocy, one of the trophies is for fairly persistent idiocy X9.

You sure you can't use Maximus's powers and
    astral plane yourself into reel one?
  • edited May 2010
    Nope, once its done, its done. Sam just says "I've already got what I needed from there."
    Autosave kept it from being a loss, so its not rage inducing, just thought it was noteworthy. (Breaking games is fun)
  • edited May 2010
    Oh wow, you had already finished that reel? I didn't even know it was possible. I finished it last.
    I guess it is a problem that you can finish without
    getting her to read the comics to you
    . Then again, it's like the first thing I did when I talked to her so I wouldn't have thought of playing the whole game without doing so.
  • edited May 2010

* In the begin, Maximus says: "Hah. Fat chance. But you do, right Sam?" Of course that should be Sameth. Is that VO cut short (like with Stinky's fishes in 301) or did William forgot the timezone there for a line?

Theres a point where Maximus talks about him not wearing any clothes. Can't remember if he was making a point about having clothes on, but i remember it being about how he is naked.(ie. like the modern day Max)
  • edited May 2010
    Sameth tells the train conductor that Maximus isn't decent, but that could work even without lagomorphic nudity.
    Avistew wrote: »
    Oh wow, you had already finished that reel? I didn't even know it was possible. I finished it last.

To be fair, I was going at it with the idea of failing. Wanted to see if I could get Sameth and Maximus stuck as bas-relief for eternity to see if there was a "bad ending" scene, but there wasn't, though to a certain degree it was a success.
  • edited May 2010
    Found a major bug on Reel 4:

When using astral projection, Sam speaks, not Max. (Was Sam watching the reel 4? Nu-uh.)
  • edited May 2010
    * In the begin, Maximus says: "Hah. Fat chance. But you do, right Sam?" Of course that should be Sameth. Is that VO cut short (like with Stinky's fishes in 301) or did William forgot the timezone there for a line?

Actually it also happens in the reverse where Maximus says Sameth, and the subtitles say Sam. Never noticed Sam mess up his lines.
  • edited May 2010
    I am waiting for a grand patch to replay the game.
  • edited May 2010
    I had a nice big dartboard/doorknob type thing appeared in front of everything on screen during reel 3 after I first saw BAE, but it fixed by changing reels.
    Also I put the bust back on the central plinth in reel 2 and it vanished until I swapped reels and came back
  • edited May 2010
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    I had a nice big dartboard/doorknob type thing appeared in front of everything on screen during reel 3
    I guess, this is the virtual joystick, which appears whenever you drag on screen. I once had this stuck on screen too somehow, but it disappeared again, just after dragging somewhere.
  • edited May 2010
    Actually it also happens in the reverse where Maximus says Sameth, and the subtitles say Sam. Never noticed Sam mess up his lines.
    Where?

Also, when starting a new game, I too had the joystick stuck on the screen. Change from all other times was that this time it was Gigantic! It took up my entire screen :eek:.
    Should have made a screenshot :(.
  • edited May 2010
    I've only skim-read over this thread, so I don't know if this was mentioned. But after the first time that Sameth and Maximus are thrown off the train, Max says to Sam "equipment malfunction?", but the speech isn't heard. This is actually quite ironic considering Max's actual comment. Did anyone else experience that?
  • edited May 2010
    Yup.
  • edited May 2010
    Tor wrote: »
    I noticed something a bit strange... From a certain camera angle, while chatting with Kringle in the theater, Max's shadow had three ears.
    It's a bit weirder than that. I think he actually does have three ears in that shot. If you look closely, you'll notice that one of his ears has no internal background but is instead transparent. Kind of gave me the willies.
  • edited May 2010
    In the theater, I saw that Max shadow had 4 ears. :)

Also, I noticed some shader problems. Max's head was in the theatre perfectly round shaped and nicely shaded. In other scenes, his head was much more crudely shaded.

Edit:
    Lol...seems I wasn't the only one with the ear problem :)
  • edited May 2010
    Another game killing glitch:
    Do NOT leave the bust on the guardian altar and go to a different reel. When I came back to Reel 2 later, the item was missing from the altar and my inventory alike. I'm now stuck.
  • edited May 2010
    Do NOT leave the bust on the guardian altar and go to a different reel. When I came back to Reel 2 later, the item was missing from the altar and my inventory alike. I'm now stuck.

Weird, that didn't happen to me at all.
  • edited May 2010
    According to my personal testing, Max-cowification does that.
    Certain in reel 2. Unknown where reel 3 Cowification has the same effect...
  • TorTor
    edited May 2010
    Flah wrote: »
    It's a bit weirder than that. I think he actually does have three ears in that shot. If you look closely, you'll notice that one of his ears has no internal background but is instead transparent. Kind of gave me the willies.
    Interesting, I never saw that. Maybe it shows up only on certain hardware?
    I added some screenshots that show how it looks like for me.
  • edited May 2010

Got the same thing. Game killer.
  • edited May 2010
    I got bug where I got two glasses, one was filled with milk and other was empty. I placed milk glass and I later filled another glass with milk and placed it to counter too. Causing me to place total two milk glasses to counter while other magically just disappear from it.
  • edited May 2010
    I have to confess -- when I saw the nature of items in this episode, I went "Uh oh, Telltale is kind of infamous for not thoroughly testing their games enough on graphics cards, I don't want to even think what kind of event flag nonsense I might be in for here."

Didn't honestly think I'd run into a gamebreaking bug though, let alone see another one on the forums here.

I love the episode otherwise (I'll even go so far as to say the most fun I've played since Chariot of the Dogs) but I'm thinking Telltale's staff might want to consider releasing next season bi-monthly instead to give themselves enough time to work out these sort of kinks.

Make no mistake, I'm not suggesting they're lazy but perhaps the opposite -- overworked and understaffed, with deadlines hanging overhead like a pendulum. We're your fans, we're more patient than you give us credit for! It's not like an MMORPG where we're "losing money" if you're idle. If you need time to test, it's yours! I'm sure I wouldn't be alone in that outlook. Heck, I might even consider applying for a tester position if you need one...
  • edited May 2010
    Heck, I might even consider applying for a tester position if you need one...
    They do!
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, only for Americans though :(
  • edited May 2010
    There's one obvious solution to that problem, Hassat.

Become American.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm going to give a shot, I think. Couldn't hurt, anyway. :)
  • edited May 2010
    I didn't encounter any game-killing bug, but I did encounter some graphical bugs.
    At some point in the tumb, when I was cursed with the "sexo rejexo hex" and the curse symbols were floating above Sameth and Maximus's heads, the same symbols were also floating on the ground, in front of the stairs leading to the toybox.
    Also, you know when you first go to a location there's a black screen with white text indicating the name of that location or something? When I first approached Nefertiti's room, instead of a screen with the name of that place, I got the screen with a picture of the train and the "one endless series of marvelous adventures later..." text again.
    I also got the bug where the mole dad is in T-pose in the train.
  • edited May 2010
    Tilan wrote: »
    I didn't encounter any game-killing bug, but I did encounter some graphical bugs.

I also got the bug where the mole dad is in T-pose in the train.

I got the T-pose as well

seems to be a common problem.

Wish I could be a tester and work from home, I don't live in CA.
  • edited May 2010
    My game outright crashed when I returned to Reel 1 near the end of the game, but I couldn't reproduce it. Wasn't exactly inclined to do so, so to speak.
  • edited May 2010
    I've already posted that in a dfferent topic, but as it fits better here I'll post the bugs I found again:

- I got a bug right after getting the ventriloquist dummy (in eqypt). I tried right away to use it, and the game half-froze on me. Max could still look around, but no persons were sparkling, no persons could be chosen, and even clicking on the Sam icon in the top corner did nothing. (And as always in Max mode, the game menues weren't accessible.)
    - A smaller, but reoccuring bug:
    When a dialogue cutscene starts right after Sam hit Max into the air, the video usually starts with Sam talking to an empty space. Then Max suddenly appears there (not walks there, but just pops up). Another psychic power? XD

And there is another "bug". Well, more a thing that seems illogical to me, but that may be a matter of taste.
    With Sam having the curse that repels the opposite gender, I talked to the Holstein-Hex version of Max. And I totally expected to see a cow flying through the room. But nothing like that happened. The cow is obviously female, and Max even talks about the curse showing his female side after being retransformed, sometimes. That actually made me think you HAVE to use the repel curse against the cow, but it seems it wasn't meant that way. ^^°

(Yes, theoretically you could argue that Max is still Max, and Max is male. But I consider the cow to be female.)
  • edited May 2010
    Tilan wrote: »
    Also, you know when you first go to a location there's a black screen with white text indicating the name of that location or something? When I first approached Nefertiti's room, instead of a screen with the name of that place, I got the screen with a picture of the train and the "one endless series of marvelous adventures later..." text again.

That happened to me too. Later, I tried making a savegame right before that scene, and sometimes I get the right title card, sometimes the wrong one. It seems pretty random, or at least I couldn't find any way of predicting which one I would get.
  • edited May 2010
    The cow is obviously female, and Max even talks about the curse showing his female side after being untransformed, sometimes. That actually made me think you HAVE to use the repel curse against the cow, but it seems it wasn't meant that way. ^^°

(Yes, theoretically you could argue that Max is still Max, and Max is male. But I consider the cow to be female.)

Telltale subscribes to the "Barnyard" school of Bovine gender depiction.

There's also a game-killing unescaple Dialogue Wheel of Doom when doing the
    secret handshake.
  • edited May 2010
    All posted elsewhere, but as Sam & Gromit says, might aswell add all here:

* Cookies and newspaper cannot be examined at the start? Then why the icons?
    * "Equipment malfunction?" lacks VO
    * Max ears go through the train wood... also in the Elves' suit all "who did it" go white again.
    * Reel 3: You got nothin' no subtitilin'
    * "reliefs ont he wall" (entry in the notebook)?
    * If you try to proceed half a guardian without the other in spot, the game semi-freezes up (can't move the mouse anymore, moving elements on the map stop moving) until you release D.
    * Go in Max mode at that location and it's time to load up a quicksave, the camera repositions you somewhere completely different when returning to Max, and you're stuck.
    * Sooo... the cookie pot is on the tablet, and in my inventory?
    * No line for 'talk to Kringle' when he's KO?
    * No line for examing the burning newspaper, nor the open nostrils...
    * When using the ventriqilist dummy on Paperwaite you see... the ventriqilist dummy on the tongue.
    * "Hah. Fat chance. But you do, right Sam?" (should be Sameth)

Also, the wrong/right title card seems to depend (according to my own tests) on wheter or not the game already "Game Saved !!!" at that point for the blades or something.
  • edited May 2010
    - I got a bug right after getting the ventriloquist dummy (in eqypt). I tried right away to use it, and the game half-froze on me. Max could still look around, but no persons were sparkling, no persons could be chosen, and even clicking on the Sam icon in the top corner did nothing. (And as always in Max mode, the game menues weren't accessible.)

I had this same problem when the mole-girl was stuttering at Jergen's door. Stuck, no one to click on and couldn't exit. Had to shut the game off.
  • edited May 2010
    * Reel 3: You got nothin' no subtitilin'
    I'm not entirely sure, but I had subtitles in Reel 3. At least, I know I would've missed them if they hadn't been there.
  • edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure, but I had subtitles in Reel 3. At least, I know I would've missed them if they hadn't been there.
    I'm pretty sure he meant it was only a single missing subtitle for "You got nothin'", not the entire reel...
  • edited May 2010
    >_>
    I knew that...

I think I got confused since he didn't use quotation marks there.
  • edited May 2010
    I actually only added them here, not in the original post. Guess I forgot that line.

But yeah, Leak is right.
  • edited May 2010
    *Can't quick-cut the scenes when Jurgen and Nefertiti are talking to each other.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.