Bugs/Glitches I found

13»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In reel 3, I tried putting the cookies on the tray in the corridor and getting Kringle to take them. During the cutscene where he said he wanted milk, the Can O' Nuts appeared on the tray next to the cookies, even though I'd never put it there. It gave away the solution to the puzzle!
  • edited May 2010
    He wasn't supposed to say anything about the milk if you didn't use the can of nuts. He was just supposed to say "It's you!" or something like that and close the door.
  • edited May 2010
    This one seemed much less polished than usual. For example, I went and
    had the Sexo Rejexo curse removed after using it to send Baby Amelia Earhart to the elves, but at the end-of-reel scene it pretended Sam & Max were cursed again

Also,
    if you use Astral Projection during the last reel, Sam says "we already finished the other reels" even though he shouldn't be there
  • edited May 2010
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    This one seemed much less polished than usual. For example, I went and
    had the Sexo Rejexo curse removed after using it to send Baby Amelia Earhart to the elves, but at the end-of-reel scene it pretended Sam & Max were cursed again

Do you have a saved game close to that part? If you do, check that scene again. This time, pay atention to everyone behind Sameth and Maximus and you will see the the Moleman curses them again. It's subtle, but it's there.
  • edited May 2010
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Also,
    if you use Astral Projection during the last reel, Sam says "we already finished the other reels" even though he shouldn't be there

I found that particularly strange, since
    it doesn't seem possible to have anything other than Reel 4 as the last reel you complete
    . I'm guessing it was a carry-over from a different version of that part of the game that was overlooked.
  • edited May 2010
    Here's one I found, which could have been game killing.

Near the end of the game, when you're playing as Maximus, if you select 'Trick Paperwaite' before you get Charlie, you will be placed in the Max's powers screen, from which you cannot exit. If I recall you also get a slightly different cutscene. After this happened to me, I switched to Sameth and got Charlie. Then I switched back to Maximus via his picture to the right of Sameth's inventory. I was still stuck with the usual 'powers' screen. I switched back to Sameth and then clicked on Maximus himself rather than the picture, where text saying 'switch to Maximus' popped up, and clicking on him restored me to the dialogue screen, and so I was able to complete the game with Charlie in my possession. It was a close call, as if it wasn't for this feature I wouldn't have been able to complete the game. To me it looks like two seperate ideas were implemented for Max/Maximus's character but they could not co exist. In future, I'd suggest to Telltale that it should be possible to switch between 'regular Max' and 'psychic Max' for the purpose of avoiding glitches like this. If he was able to pick things up and be a more playable character, the story could be further developed too, ala Hit The Road.

Oh and I don't think that Sameth and Maximus referring to themselves by their short names is an oversight. After all, our main heroes are called Samuel and Maximillian, but we usually see their names shortened.
  • edited May 2010
    ... I don't see that as an error. As you said, it's possible to get back to the dialogue screen. It's not incredibly convenient but since Max doesn't usually talk to anyone, it isn't built into his psychic screen. Come to think of it though, wasn't Sam's face on the dialogue options?

I had a number of errors already mentioned (seeing into the elves' room on the train was quite amusing- they lied about having 100+ elves in there obviously). Plus a number of issues with Max floating but then again with Max that may be normal...

I do wonder though when Sam got the cookie jar.

Oh! I was really bugged by the falling scimitar blade! I threw the bust through the door and the mechanism showed the blade fall across that doorway but the bust didn't get cleaved in two. It took me a while to work out that this was an error (and to get cursed with bad luck).

Above, I mean Sameth of course... And Maximus.
  • edited June 2010
    On the 1st and 2nd Reel a grey target (A recolored version of Paperwaites's rug) Blocked my screen, so I had to reload...
  • edited June 2010
    I'm pretty sure that a giant version of the virtual joystick, which you can get rid of by dragging anywhere.
  • edited June 2010
    Here's one I found, which could have been game killing.

Near the end of the game, when you're playing as Maximus, if you select 'Trick Paperwaite' before you get Charlie, you will be placed in the Max's powers screen, from which you cannot exit. If I recall you also get a slightly different cutscene. After this happened to me, I switched to Sameth and got Charlie. Then I switched back to Maximus via his picture to the right of Sameth's inventory. I was still stuck with the usual 'powers' screen. I switched back to Sameth and then clicked on Maximus himself rather than the picture, where text saying 'switch to Maximus' popped up, and clicking on him restored me to the dialogue screen, and so I was able to complete the game with Charlie in my possession. It was a close call, as if it wasn't for this feature I wouldn't have been able to complete the game. To me it looks like two seperate ideas were implemented for Max/Maximus's character but they could not co exist. In future, I'd suggest to Telltale that it should be possible to switch between 'regular Max' and 'psychic Max' for the purpose of avoiding glitches like this. If he was able to pick things up and be a more playable character, the story could be further developed too, ala Hit The Road.

I never had that problem it allowed me to leave the power screen with right mouse click when I did it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.