Its Jan 5th...

edited January 2007 in Sam & Max
...In Australia.

Wheres episode 2?

But seriously, at what time and in which time zone will episode 2 be released exactly?

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Seconded. Probably some time mid-afternoon (about 4 o'clock at the earliest) for us, if you're on the east coast. One of my favourite U.S. websites gets updated around that time, and they update at midnight.
  • edited January 2007
    I'd say about 24 hours from now is when it'll come out.

(now = 10:43 AM EST)
  • edited January 2007
    yes it's the 5th here now in Japan also. =P
  • edited January 2007
    5 Hours till 5th in Turkey :P
  • edited January 2007
    If it's like the 1st episode:
    H-26! :confused:
  • edited January 2007
    It'd be cool if they'd have a count down thingy ...
  • edited January 2007
    Apparently we're going to have to use Swatch Internet Time for all future releases ;)

(^ A joke)
  • edited January 2007
    Tommorow's gonna be a long day, probably wont be avalible until around 6 GMT im guessing. But any confirmation would be awesome.;)

edit: PM should have included it.... >_>
  • edited January 2007
    6 PM GMT, specifically.
  • edited January 2007
    OK.... So who tried changing their date on the PC to see if it would work :p
  • edited January 2007
    gametap for the way :) well Episode 2 is really good and is worth waiting for :)
  • edited January 2007
    If I remember right it was more like 8 PM GMT previously. I'm not worried though, if it's there a few hours later I'll just play it the day after. Means I have one less day to wait until the next episode than everyone else. :P

Sometimes extreme anticipation is actually detrimental to the enjoyment of a game when it finally arrives, I find. And I don't want to spoil it!
  • edited January 2007
    similian wrote: »
    It'd be cool if they'd have a count down thingy ...

You know what would be cool? If they'd have something like a video in front of Episode Two, saying stuff like "Previously on Sam&Max...". It would look like a proper episodic thing.
  • edited January 2007
    I cant wait - it will make the difficult day Im going to have at work tomorrow have a good ending - get in , download, sit back... and hopefully laugh myself sick !
  • edited January 2007
    It's Jan 5th in Italy now!
  • edited January 2007
    January 5th in Belgium (and it's been that way for 25 minutes now but still no S&M2 !!!!)
  • edited January 2007
    for the australians we are gonna have to wait till the 6th..
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    It's Jan 4 here in California!

:p

Random aside - the other day Doug walked by and said he once had a calendar from New Zealand and I said, "Were all the dates wrong?" It took me a full minute to realize why that was a stupid thing to say. :o
  • edited January 2007
    I wonder if Telltale should just change their official release dates to 1 day later, and then release it as they originally planned--people might then have nice surprises when it's released earlier than imagined... course then people might complain that some people are getting it a "day" earlier.
  • edited January 2007
    wouldn't it be better if we relied on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)?
  • edited January 2007
    I don't really care what timezone they want to use, as long as they put the info up!

Alternatively you could use Unix time ;)

"Watch for the new Sam & Max - Episode 2 on 1167984000!"
  • edited January 2007
    i think 9-10 am US pacific time is when it will go up
  • MelMel
    edited January 2007
    Beer bet*!

*for those of age and who drink alcohol.... :D
  • edited January 2007
    I am just happy to say that I am calm and mature enough to wait for this release... although that doesn't really seem to fit with the fact that it is 3 am where I am and I am still not in bed. Anyone else feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii?
  • edited January 2007
    Derwin wrote: »
    Anyone else feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii?
    I do feel like jumping into the future a bit, yeah, if that's what you mean. ;)
  • edited January 2007
    3.50am here right now... I'm still waiting and refreshing the page every 15 secs! and I won't go to bed until the download is in place! .....zzz...zzzz...zzzzz....
  • MelMel
    edited January 2007
    Go to bed (you don't want to fall asleep at the keyboard). ;) It's not even the 5th in California. It'll likely be another half day if not a bit more. :)
  • edited January 2007
    its well into Jan 5 here. yep, timezones suck :D
  • Dave GrossmanDave Grossman Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    Alternatively you could use Unix time ;)

"Watch for the new Sam & Max - Episode 2 on 1167984000!"

I like this idea. I think we should all use unix time for everything from now on, if for no other reason than it will save us from all that ridiculous biannual Daylight Saving confusion....
  • edited January 2007
    Eagerly awaiting Episode 2's launch :)
  • edited January 2007
    aww, i hate it. it's just like hl2-episode 1; you have bought the game, are holding it in your hands, but you can't play it, because it's still the previous day in the US...

i just can't wait any longer to get my fingers on episode 2. i have waited long enough for my late christmas present, give it to me!!! :)
    Derwin wrote: »
    Anyone else feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii?
    it's more like the good old times, when the mi4 demo was released and i was spending all night in a chatroom to find a decent server to download from, because the official one just couldn't handle the traffic. it must have cost me a fortune to download it with that slow ISDN-modem i had back then...

actually i'm getting quiet confy here at the ttg-forums right now :D
  • edited January 2007
    I like this idea. I think we should all use unix time for everything from now on, if for no other reason than it will save us from all that ridiculous biannual Daylight Saving confusion....

Hey, Swatch Time avoids daylight savings too you know ;)
  • edited January 2007
    6.25am GMT and no sign yet.. i just got up and instead of going back to sleep i got up to check for S&M!
  • edited January 2007
    Swatch time, yeah! Any system that uses beats to measure time has got to be aces. How many beatings, er beats, do you suppose it will be before episode two shows up? *Picks up swatch switch and goes off to find Max. Wheeeeeee!*

P.S: Switch, Swatch, it's all the same to me :)
  • edited January 2007
    *finds out how much it costs to be cryogenic frozen until it's released*
  • edited January 2007
    The clock is soon half past eight in Sweden, and still no Sam & Max...

I Just had to go and get some more sleep and hope it will appear in the next half-hour :)
  • edited January 2007
    Telltale should all be awake by now :)
  • edited January 2007
    If anyone lives near any of the Telltale team, go make a ruckus outside their homes :P
  • edited January 2007
    Look, today is Friday family gathering day. Its 11 AM our time in Kuwait. By the time I get back it's around 6 PM our time, 9 PM GMT. No reason it should not be available by that time, and I will try to escape the family gathering even earlier to play it ;)

Most important thing is that we don't have the same activation key problem thing once again :D

Good luck for all!
  • edited January 2007
    cant... stand... much... longer...
This discussion has been closed.