We want TOMI on XBL !!!!!

edited December 2012 in Tales of Monkey Island
I am maybe the only one on earth that is waiting for TOMI on XBL since the original release...

Why?!?! Because I have enjoyed so much playng S&M on the sofa with the joypad that I i just consider this as the only way to play TOMI...

Now TOMI has been released on PSN...

I WANT TOMI x MY XBOX360!!!

I am the only one here?!?!

What is that? It is an exclusive agreement with Sony?

It is incredible... xbox360 has only taken old & already (long time) released TellTale games...
PS3 get S&M3 and now TOMI....

Bad move Telltale...

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Yes, because Telltale only has to snap their fingers to have the game on Xbox, and the only reason they're not doing it is because of a personal hate against Xbox users. :rolleyes:

Porting a game to another console requires work. They need to adapt the Xbox portion of their engine, since like you said, only older games are released on that console, and the Telltale Tool has advanced for ToMI. They're already swamped with other projects, they've got Sam & Max Season 3 going on, Puzzle Agent is coming out in a couple of weeks, and they're working on the two new Universal games, not to mention the secret projects they're undoubtedly working on.
    Since Telltale has stated over and over again their aim is to get their games on as much platforms as possible, it's pretty likely ToMI will get ported to the Xbox. But it'll take a bit of patience on your side, and not random, unfounded accusations.
  • edited June 2010
    I agree with the both of you.

I'd also love ToMI on XBLA, but don't be a child about it that it came on PSN first.

But if it skips xbla ? *a needle on a telltale voodoo doll* (thanks voodoo lady :p)
  • edited June 2010
    To be fair, it requires more work to port a Windows native game to the PS3 than to the XBox. Much more. But, there's no reason to believe that they won't put it on the 360 eventually. They're just giving the PS3 owners some love right now. It would be counterproductive to release the XBox version and PS3 versions at the same time. They want to give the PS3 version a chance for sales first. Especially with the lack of TTG content it has compared to the XBox. Just be patient. It'll come soon enough.
  • edited June 2010
    Does the new PSN version include surround sound or anything? If it doesn't, I don't know why anyone would be interested on XBL or PSN releases.

Unless they have cheap computers
  • edited June 2010
    Not everyone who owns a PS3 or XBox automatically has surround sound. Or even HDTVs for that matter. It's just there for the people who only have said consoles and nothing else (no PC or Wii or anything).
  • edited June 2010
    thin029 wrote: »
    I don't want something, so no one else should want it either.

Oh, okay.
  • edited June 2010
    thin029 wrote: »
    Does the new PSN version include surround sound or anything? If it doesn't, I don't know why anyone would be interested on XBL or PSN releases.

Unless they have cheap computers

I have a good computer and could run ToMI with the highest visual settings.
    I was still impressed by this version.

It could just be me but the audio did sound better, and just as with Sam & Max, they made it very console friendly.
  • edited June 2010
    I really do not believe that this situation is due to conversion issues.

At this point is quite universally recognized that it is far more difficult to port a game over a PS3 than on Xbox360.
    Consider also that convert a game from Windows to Xbox360 it is quite a simple task today.

I really do not want to be polemical, but I really do not understand the business choices made by TellTale.

A game like TOMI should have been released worldwide for all the possible platform at the same time! Or at least as soon as possible (x example as soon as all episode have been released for the PC).

It is also hilarious to note how TellTale have released on XBL only OLD games long time already available for other systems! And maybe they have the courage to be unhappy with the sales results!

Release S&M Season 3 contemporary on PC, Xbox & PS3… It will be interesting to see which platform will perform better sales results…

I am also curious to see how well S&M3 is performing on PS3…

I said it before, and I say it again…bad move TellTale, really really bad move!
  • edited June 2010
    They don't always have the available resources to port everything to every console, they port everything everywhere they can as soon as they are able to.
  • edited June 2010
    it will come.
    XBLA is still the biggest market for "revival" games.
    But tbh I have no clue how well Adventures sell on XBLA.

How was it with Sam&Max? Good sales?
  • edited June 2010
    Neumi wrote: »
    it will come.
    XBLA is still the biggest market for "revival" games.
    But tbh I have no clue how well Adventures sell on XBLA.

How was it with Sam&Max? Good sales?

Sam & Max: Save the World sold around 24,000 copies, each cost 20 bucks.
    Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Sold around 7,500 copies, each cost 20 bucks.

About Wallace & Gromit, each episode cost 10 bucks, but the first was part of Inventory Sale, so it was for one week for 5 bucks.

Ep1 - about 30,000 copies
    Ep2 - about 7,000 copies
    Ep3 - about 4,500 copies
    Ep4 - about 4,000 copies

It think its very good sales, when you think that the games were release during last summer and autumn.
  • edited June 2010
    it definitly should cover the conversion costs (+ marketing)
  • edited June 2010
    Fliter wrote: »
    Bad move Telltale...

How is it a bad move to move tales over to the PS3. Was it a bad move to move sam and max to PS3(which might I add has been dry of telltales games while xbla users have sam and max seasons 1 AND 2 along with Wallace and Gromit)
    With your logic it was a bad move making sbcg4ap a wiiware game(which was #1 wiiware title at its time)
  • edited June 2010
    @Gman5852

It is not bad to have TOMI on PS3....
    It is a really really really a bad move not to have TOMI on Xbox360 after a year!!!

Without any doubt a worldwide & all platforms simultaneous release would have mean a higher sales results. Shared marketing efforts&costs, SHARE the buzz&the hype train, the first new game of Monkey Franchise in years, the release of the MI1 SE, etc...

Now maybe they will release TOMI on XBL after more than an year&half ...and maybe they will not be satisfied by the sales results....

Bad move really TELLTALE, bad move!!!
  • edited June 2010
    Get over it. They're swamped. If you want to complain email them. Don't bring it to the forums where it annoys everybody. It's obvious very few agree with you.
  • edited June 2010
    Nevertheless I still want TOMI on my Xbox360!!!

I really hope that some news in rgds will be released as soon as possible...
  • edited June 2010
    ASAP is usually they way it works with any game company. Most of all TTG. When they know, you'll know.
  • edited June 2010
    Ok... I will wait...

But in the meanwhile I will have great time with MI2 SE (07/07) & Ron Gilbert' DeathSpank (14/07)!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    Ok... I will wait...

But in the meanwhile I will have great time with MI2 SE (07/07) & Ron Gilbert' DeathSpank (14/07)!!!!!!!!

That's the spirit. :D
  • edited June 2010
    I waited for TMI on xbox at first... then snapped outta it and bought it straight away.
    (I think the achievement insanity had got to me by then..)
  • edited June 2010
    I bet TT doesn't do XBOX because of the languages. Microsoft requires multilanguage for his platform, but TT isn't capable to do internal tranlations. In fact, the only xbox games they released are the translated ones.
    It seems that they prefer not having the game on XBOX than translate the game...

Translations are the weakest point of the instead great TT adventure company.
    It seems to me they're working in a complete disorganization about that, with confusion and problem about their products placements.
  • edited June 2010
    I bet TT doesn't do XBOX because of the languages. Microsoft requires multilanguage for his platform, but TT isn't capable to do internal tranlations. In fact, the only xbox games they released are the translated ones.
    It seems that they prefer not having the game on XBOX than translate the game...

Translations are the weakest point of the instead great TT adventure company.
    It seems to me they're working in a complete disorganization about that, with confusion and problem about their products placements.

Not sure what you're saying exactly, but it would seem to be contradicted by the fact that two Sam & Max seasons, Wallace & Gromit, and similarly, The Secret of Monkey Island: SE are on XBLA.

My feeling is that ToMI WILL be released on XBLA eventually. I think people suggesting that TT wanted to give PSN a little love are correct, as are people noting that the company has a lot of other priorities at the moment. But I have not doubt it'll come sooner or later. It's easy money.
  • edited June 2010
    Tybee wrote: »
    Not sure what you're saying exactly, but it would seem to be contradicted by the fact that two Sam & Max seasons, Wallace & Gromit, and similarly, The Secret of Monkey Island: SE are on XBLA.

MI:SE was developed by LucasArts, not Telltale. :)
  • edited June 2010
    @Tybee

You center the point... TOMI on XBL it wuold be EASY MONEY for TT !!!

I am not a "PC gamer" anymore (and I suspect that I am not the only one...) and I will never buy TOMI on PC...

As I said I can live with that... MI2 SE, Ron'DeathSpank, MI3 by Ron Gilbert...

As it is TT seems a good adventure company... but a true mess as a business company!
  • edited June 2010
    You center the point... TOMI on XBL it wuold be EASY MONEY for TT !!!
    Not really, they would still have to port the game to the Xbox, and that's not too easy, especially not with all the games they're already making.
    As it is TT seems a good adventure company... but a true mess as a business company!
    Because they don't cater to your preferred platform?
  • edited June 2010
    [QUOTE=Because they don't cater to your preferred platform?[/QUOTE]

No, as I said in previous posts, just because they made wrong / silly business/strategic decisions...!
  • edited June 2010
    No, as I said in previous posts, just because they made wrong / silly business/strategic decisions...!

It's not wrong or silly to exclude Xbox 360 as a launch platform. Hundreds of games are never ported beyond their primary platform, does that mean their developers are silly morons with no idea what they're doing?
  • edited June 2010
    I wouldn't mind if it WAS released on 360 but if it isn't oh well.
  • edited June 2010
    It's not wrong or silly to exclude Xbox 360 as a launch platform. Hundreds of games are never ported beyond their primary platform, does that mean their developers are silly morons with no idea what they're doing?

Oh well no, expecially If they have an exclusive deal with the platform holder (MS or Sony) and it is an AAA game!
    Maybe you know that usually exclusives sell very very well (less timed-exclusives), for a lot of reasons...I am more than sure that you are well aware of it.
    But an exclusive deal for a niche game... Mmmm I really have a lot of doubts about it!
    And I really hope that this is not the case, for TT sake!

The point here is that this game is ONE year OLD now.
    The porting of a Windows game over the Xbox platform (especially a game like TOMI that it is not a technical masterpiece) it is not expensive and it is not time consuming as doing it for the PS3.

After a year, all the initial hype, the shared marketing effort with LA (x MI SE), the buzz for an all new MI game etc.. have gone lost! And potentially this also mean a lot of money lost!

To me it is silly not to release a multiplat game over XBL, because XBL is a huge (and maybe the best) platform for doing money with downloadable games!

But maybe the idea of not releasing TOMI on XBL after ONE YEAR for you and TT is a great strategic move!
    All is possible on this earth!!!

In any case it is just my humble opinion.
  • edited June 2010
    Maybe they're prepping TMI for a simultaneous XBLA release with MI:SE 2, and haven't announced it yet? I guarantee they are working on an XBLA version, and it's just a matter of time before it comes out. They didn't just throw their 360 dev kit in the garbage when they got a PS3 one. :p
  • edited June 2010
    Maybe they're prepping TMI for a simultaneous XBLA release with MI:SE 2, and haven't announced it yet? I guarantee they are working on an XBLA version, and it's just a matter of time before it comes out. They didn't just throw their 360 dev kit in the garbage when they got a PS3 one. :p

MI:SE 2 is set to be released next July 7th...

So I really do not think that your prediction will come true...
  • edited June 2010
    @Gman5852

It is not bad to have TOMI on PS3....
    It is a really really really a bad move not to have TOMI on Xbox360 after a year!!!

Without any doubt a worldwide & all platforms simultaneous release would have mean a higher sales results. Shared marketing efforts&costs, SHARE the buzz&the hype train, the first new game of Monkey Franchise in years, the release of the MI1 SE, etc...

Now maybe they will release TOMI on XBL after more than an year&half ...and maybe they will not be satisfied by the sales results....

Bad move really TELLTALE, bad move!!!

Still i would like to say it is not a bad move to not port something to another console. Sbcg4ap has yet to be ported on PS3/XBLA, was that a bad move?
    Sam and max seasons 1-2 has yet to be ported to PS3, was that a bad move.
    Bone has yet to be ported at all(and probably never will) was that a bad move?
  • edited June 2010
    Well ... if a game is exclusive to one platform ... that usually means that the platform owner payed the company.
    Or that the other platform is too expensive.
    Or that they try to find the best market with lower costs.

Either Sony payed something or Microsoft is too expensive or Telltale has not the resources to pay for both localisations. Maybe they just test which market works better for the future.
  • edited June 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Still i would like to say it is not a bad move to not port something to another console. Sbcg4ap has yet to be ported on PS3/Wii, was that a bad move?

Mmh? Strong Bad is on Wii.
  • edited June 2010
    I think he meant 360.
  • edited June 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Still i would like to say it is not a bad move to not port something to another console. Sbcg4ap has yet to be ported on PS3/Wii, was that a bad move?
    Sam and max seasons 1-2 has yet to be ported to PS3, was that a bad move.
    Bone has yet to be ported at all(and probably never will) was that a bad move?

Even if is now clear that the porting of a windows game over the PS3 is much more difficult (i.e: more expensive) than an Xbox one; and even if is it clear that, as a marketplace, PSN is far inferior to XBL (in terms of sales performances), yes, it was a bad move not to release such a popular franchise as S&M to PSN.

But this choice is quite easy understandable because at the time of the release of S&M1, the PSN was pratically at its early stages. And the porting costs too much high.

But not to have TOMI on XBL after a year is really a BAD BAD BAD MOVE!
  • edited June 2010
    Neumi wrote: »
    Well ... if a game is exclusive to one platform ... that usually means that the platform owner payed the company.
    Or that the other platform is too expensive.
    Or that they try to find the best market with lower costs.

Either Sony payed something or Microsoft is too expensive or Telltale has not the resources to pay for both localisations. Maybe they just test which market works better for the future.

Maybe you are right but a franchise like MI deserve better!!! MI means GRAPHIC ADVENTURE and cannot be managed as Tell Tale has done!!!!!

We are talking about THE most important brand of the golden age of the adventure games and Tell Tale was not even capable of world wide/all platform release! For one of the most anticipated title ever! Maybe it will be the most important TT game ever and...
    Here I see also a huge fault from LucasArts...
  • edited June 2010
    Even if is now clear that the porting of a windows game over the PS3 is much more difficult (i.e: more expensive) than an Xbox one; and even if is it clear that, as a marketplace, PSN is far inferior to XBL (in terms of sales performances), yes, it was a bad move not to release such a popular franchise as S&M to PSN.

But this choice is quite easy understandable because at the time of the release of S&M1, the PSN was pratically at its early stages. And the porting costs too much high.

Calm down there sir, you seem to have it in for the PSN but the shocking thing is, Adventure games sell BETTER on the PSN compared to Xbox Live Arcade, especially in Europe. We know from the sales of Sam & Max on the Xbox is that sales declined drastically. Same went for Wallace & Gromit until they bundled it.

TellTale had a choice, either port Sam & Max Season 3 (and ToMI) to a platform where their sales were getting lower and lower each time, or port it to a new platform where Adventure games were doing well in other countries. The choice was clear really and gave them a chance to try something new, the production of their PS3 games have been pretty good so far!
  • edited June 2010

It took well over a year to have Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space on XBL, was that a "BAD BAD BAD MOVE"?

It took over TWO years to have Sam and Max Save the World on XBL, was that a "BAD BAD BAD MOVE" too?

Basically, what I get out of your messages is "anything that doesn't cater perfectly to what I personally want = BAD BAD BAD MOVE".
  • edited June 2010
    It took well over a year to have Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space on XBL, was that a "BAD BAD BAD MOVE"?

It took over TWO years to have Sam and Max Save the World on XBL, was that a "BAD BAD BAD MOVE" too?

Basically, what I get out of your messages is "anything that doesn't cater perfectly to what I personally want = BAD BAD BAD MOVE".

me not winning the lottery =
    BAD BAD BAD move right?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.