We want TOMI on XBL !!!!!

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Calm down there sir, you seem to have it in for the PSN but the shocking thing is, Adventure games sell BETTER on the PSN compared to Xbox Live Arcade, especially in Europe. We know from the sales of Sam & Max on the Xbox is that sales declined drastically. Same went for Wallace & Gromit until they bundled it.

TellTale had a choice, either port Sam & Max Season 3 (and ToMI) to a platform where their sales were getting lower and lower each time, or port it to a new platform where Adventure games were doing well in other countries. The choice was clear really and gave them a chance to try something new, the production of their PS3 games have been pretty good so far!

Maybe you just do not realize that S&M 1-2 were released from 1 to 2 years after the original release... S&M3, instead, is released simultaneously....
    I believe that you can understand the difference in term of sales from yourself!

This is the reason why I have said many times that it is a really bad move for TT not to have a simultaneous release... at least for TOMI!

In any case, I am really courious to know how many Adventure games are already released over PSN.. and, again your data came from... where?!?!

You see, I am not talking PS3 vs X360 here ... But maybe you have learn to read not so many years ago (i.e.: you are a Youngling!)... Enjoy N4G and/or NeoGaf, please!
    I am talking something different here, kid!
  • edited June 2010
    Fliter wrote: »
    Maybe you just do not realize that S&M 1-2 were released from 1 to 2 years after the original release...

HAH! That's a laugh.

But what you don't seem to get is that Telltale have many more games now that they have to manage. At least they're all on at least ONE platform other than PC. That's a great accomplishment. And they'll get it on everything sooner or later.

Also, obvious troll must be obvious by now...
  • edited June 2010
    Maybe you just do not realize that S&M 1-2 were released from 1 to 2 years after the original release... S&M3, instead, is released simultaneously....
    I believe that you can understand the difference in term of sales from yourself!

This is the reason why I have said many times that it is a really bad move for TT not to have a simultaneous release... at least for TOMI!

In any case, I am really courious to know how many Adventure games are already released over PSN.. and, again your data came from... where?!?!

You see, I am not talking PS3 vs X360 here ... But maybe you have learn to read not so many years ago (i.e.: you are a Youngling!)... Enjoy N4G and/or NeoGaf, please!
    I am talking something different here, kid!

Haha, erm, thanks buddy, I tried to be nice to you but you're just a damn moron, get that stick out of your ass jerk!
  • edited June 2010
    Haha, erm, thanks buddy, I tried to be nice to you but you're just a damn moron, get that stick out of your ass jerk!

Many compliments for your contribution & for keep the level of the discussion higher...
    It is evident that I wasn't wrong about your age...

Anyway, the point here is: I just want TOMI on XBL!!!
  • edited June 2010
    You can't be that old either. You were the one to start the insults first.
  • edited June 2010
    Many compliments for your contribution & for keep the level of the discussion higher...
    It is evident that I wasn't wrong about your age...

Anyway, the point here is: I just want TOMI on XBL!!!

Sorry for insulting you in that way but you attacked me first! I'm getting either a fanboy or troll vibe off you if I'm honest though.
  • edited June 2010
    Nobody of you have a proof, that the adventure games are selling better on PSN, thats just fake. Ash735, if you are so smart, give us some proof.
  • edited June 2010
    Who ever said they sold better on PSN? All that was said was that they're focusing on PSN right now to make up for all the XBL love beforehand. The PSN users were all left out. Now they have some stuff too.
  • edited June 2010
    Who ever said they sold better on PSN?

I did, sadly I got wires crossed, it's EA games and other publishers that are selling better on the PS3, no idea why I thought Adventures Games themselves were selling better on there, but my first point that Sam & Max sales got worse and worse on the Xbox is true.

Really we'd need someone from TellTale to put some balance on this, we know the Xbox Live Arcade sales for Sam & Max Season One and Two but we really have no idea how well ToMI sold on the Wii/PS3 or how well Sam & Max Season Three is doing on the PS3.
  • edited June 2010
    Ah I see. Well whether or not PS3 sales are better for adventures, adventures are definitely favouring the PS3 right now for whatever reason. With all the latest Telltale releases, the Monkey Island 2 Special Edition getting a day early release, and even Portal 2 getting a way better port for PS3 than the XBox version (yes, Portal is an adventure. Closer to Myst than Sierra or LucasArts adventures, yes, but an adventure nonetheless).
  • edited June 2010
    Ah I see. Well whether or not PS3 sales are better for adventures, adventures are definitely favouring the PS3 right now for whatever reason. With all the latest Telltale releases, the Monkey Island 2 Special Edition getting a day early release, and even Portal 2 getting a way better port for PS3 than the XBox version (yes, Portal is an adventure. Closer to Myst than Sierra or LucasArts adventures, yes, but an adventure nonetheless).

Portal 2 will be just same as X360 version. And sales on S&M; and W&G wast so bad, but it simply wasn't much actuall games. The reason why MI2SE is on PSN day earlier is that Sony is breaking rules. They dont have any specific day for PSN release like Xbox Live have it (XBLA Wednesday), THAT'S the reason. They have to do this thing because they cant beat Xbox Live by fair-play.
  • edited June 2010
    tonyskate wrote: »
    Portal 2 will be just same as X360 version. And sales on S&M; and W&G wast so bad, but it simply wasn't much actuall games. The reason why MI2SE is on PSN day earlier is that Sony is breaking rules. They dont have any specific day for PSN release like Xbox Live have it (XBLA Wednesday), THAT'S the reason. They have to do this thing because they cant beat Xbox Live by fair-play.

It's "unfair" to remove restrictions in order to provide a better experience to the users? Huh.
  • edited June 2010
    It's "unfair" to remove restrictions in order to provide a better experience to the users? Huh.

Better experience? You wanted say the same experience as on PSN and XBLA, just earlier. Sony isnt thinking about users they just want to be first because they are losing to Microsoft, so they have to find some stupid ways.
  • edited June 2010

Actually the guy from Valve, who announced Portal 2 at the Sony press conference, tried to sell the idea that the PS3 version would be 'the best version on any console'. I believe those were his words.

Having said that, I doubt there will be any noticeable differences between the two but the earlier statement wasn't completely unfounded.

As for PSN 'breaking the rules' I believe they usually update on a Wednesday (at least in Europe) so that is technically their 'specific day'. I doubt XBLA has any 'set in stone' rules that wouldn't allow them to do the same thing, though I don't know why MI2: SE is coming out a day earlier on PSN.

As for the rest of this thread, Telltale are doing better than ever. Updated engine, NBC deal, three new possible series on the horizon, have at least one game on every system and finally all home consoles.

Bad business decisions? No.
  • edited July 2010
    Bad business decisions? No.

I have never said, that it was bad business decision. And XBLA Wednesdays are set in stone, it was from begining and its still the same. Only Sony has to play on big boys change the dates. They dont have usially update, they are just doing what the want, like some kids.
  • edited July 2010
    I have never said, that it was bad business decision. And XBLA Wednesdays are set in stone, it was from begining and its still the same. Only Sony has to play on big boys change the dates. They dont have usially update, they are just doing what the want, like some kids.

I stopped addressing your post when I said "As for the rest of this thread..." The OP was suggesting it was a bad business decision :)

And Sony update their store every Wednesday, like I said. Business is business, the idea is to try and get one up on the competition. It's not like Microsoft haven't had exclusivity rights to things in the past or released certain titles a bit earlier than the competition.

Just enjoy your console dude and chill out :)
  • edited July 2010
    The reason Portal 2 will be better on the PS3 is because it will be integrated with Steam (SteamCloud, community interaction, connected to your Steam account, etc). The XBox won't be connected to Steam. Personally, I'm rather excited for it.
  • edited July 2010
    Valve games will still be the best on the PC though, since with Steam getting patches and additional content out is easier than on consoles (see also: TF2), and modding is as far as I know only possible on PC.
  • edited July 2010
    Better experience? You wanted say the same experience as on PSN and XBLA, just earlier. Sony isnt thinking about users they just want to be first because they are losing to Microsoft, so they have to find some stupid ways.

Better experience as in "not holding things back arbitrarily", and it is in absolutely no way "stupid" to allow developers to set their own release schedule. Quit being a fanboy.

PS: Staying competitive is the name of the game, doing "stupid" things to make your console more attractive than the alternative benefits the consumer greatly, as it will encourage 360 to also do "stupid" things to improve their service.
  • edited July 2010
    The reason why MI2SE is on PSN day earlier is that Sony is breaking rules. They dont have any specific day for PSN release like Xbox Live have it (XBLA Wednesday), THAT'S the reason.

Actually, the PSN updates every TUESDAY in North America and every WEDNESDAY in Europe, so yeah, that's their specific dates. They had a choice of either delaying it to the following week (Meaning a 6 day gap after release) or put it up a few hours early. A pretty simple choice really, no rules are being broken.
  • edited July 2010
    Actually, the PSN updates every TUESDAY in North America and every WEDNESDAY in Europe, so yeah, that's their specific dates. They had a choice of either delaying it to the following week (Meaning a 6 day gap after release) or put it up a few hours early. A pretty simple choice really, no rules are being broken.

Yes, after they changed. Before their day for games was Thursday I think, but thats pointless discussion in this topic. YOU said that the adventure games are better selling on PS3, which is bullshit and you dont have proof for that.
  • edited July 2010
    PLEASE TELLTALE, bring ToMI to XBLA. I am a huge fan of the series and I have been waiting for over a year for it to come.
  • edited July 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    Valve games will still be the best on the PC though, since with Steam getting patches and additional content out is easier than on consoles (see also: TF2), and modding is as far as I know only possible on PC.

I never said that. I merely pointed out that by Valve and Sony's own admission the PS3 version of Portal 2 will be best console version available. Better than the XBox version. Nothing is better than the PC version of anything, of course.
    Yes, after they changed. Before their day for games was Thursday I think, but thats pointless discussion in this topic. YOU said that the adventure games are better selling on PS3, which is bullshit and you dont have proof for that.

He already apologised for that. Leave the guy alone.
  • edited July 2010
    Nothing is better than the PC version of anything, of course.

Silent Hill
  • edited July 2010
    Sorry. I should have said nothing's better than the PC version of anything that was created for PC initially.
  • edited July 2010
    I never said that. I merely pointed out that by Valve and Sony's own admission the PS3 version of Portal 2 will be best console version available. Better than the XBox version. Nothing is better than the PC version of anything, of course.
    I wasn't correcting you, I was just adding information and my opinion.
    I agree with you though :)
  • edited July 2010
    It is incredible how every discussion on the forum turned out to be an occasion for some people to try to affirm the superiority of their platform in respect of all the others.
    I will never understand this childish & widespread behavior, that, let me say, I have personally noticed more among the Sony fanboys (I believe that it depends by the demographic of this console).

In this occasion I just opened this discussion just to affirm & share my disappointment with TT for the lack of TOMI XBL version.
    And also to communicate my disappointment with some of their business/strategic choices.
    In fact I still believe that a Company should have the primary focus of capitalize as much as possible a multiplatform game/franchise (especially a great one like MI).
    In this sense I still believe that TOMI would have deserved a better treatment.

But these are my personal thought.

Nevertheless some people as usually start to use this discussion to heal their fears-disappointments- uncertainties: "mine is better and bigger then yours", "mine sold more than yours" etc...
    Again what an infantile behavior!

I would have liked to gather people that still are waiting for TOMI on XBL in order to try to convience TT to release TOMI on XBL asap (even if there is only a 0,00001% of possibilities for doing that). That it!
  • edited July 2010
    I will soon get a xbox 360 slim and i agree that telltale should bring it to xbla but first when tomi comes to psn europe i will try the demo!
  • edited July 2010
    It is incredible how every discussion on the forum turned out to be an occasion for some people to try to affirm the superiority of their platform in respect of all the others.
    I will never understand this childish & widespread behavior, that, let me say, I have personally noticed more among the Sony fanboys (I believe that it depends by the demographic of this console).

In this occasion I just opened this discussion just to affirm & share my disappointment with TT for the lack of TOMI XBL version.
    And also to communicate my disappointment with some of their business/strategic choices.
    In fact I still believe that a Company should have the primary focus of capitalize as much as possible a multiplatform game/franchise (especially a great one like MI).
    In this sense I still believe that TOMI would have deserved a better treatment.

But these are my personal thought.

Nevertheless some people as usually start to use this discussion to heal their fears-disappointments- uncertainties: "mine is better and bigger then yours", "mine sold more than yours" etc...
    Again what an infantile behavior!

I would have liked to gather people that still are waiting for TOMI on XBL in order to try to convience TT to release TOMI on XBL asap (even if there is only a 0,00001% of possibilities for doing that). That it!

The problem lies, not with your opinion but your "know it all" attitude. Also why post an opinion at all if you don't want people to discuss it?

Have you not considered there might be a reason these games aren't ported to every console on release? That there might be some logic to TTG business plan?

Like I said, TTG are doing better than ever before. So clearly they're getting something right. These guys haven't just walked out of school into their first job, they've been doing it for years.

So how much business experience do you possess?

Of course your idea sounds great on paper. Multiformat releases from day one obviously = $$$ But for one reason or another (that I do not claim to know) this isn't possible for this particular company.

By all means hope and ask for an XBLA conversion, great news! But ironically your whole thread boils down to a fanboy rant about how it should have been put on "the superior console" because that's where you believe the money lies.

How do you know there isn't an untapped market on the PSN? Also what better way to introduce users of the PSN to TTG, than by releasing their two biggest franchises to date?
  • edited July 2010
    Plus, to add to the above point, the PSN has a subscription network in place, which means people can pre-order, which is what I think TellTale was attracted to, that meant PS3 users could buy the full season before the first episode was even released just like PC Users can, also means they can sell the episodes separate for a set price, or in a bundle for a cheaper price as the PSN allows grouping purchase from developers.
  • edited July 2010
    Plus, to add to the above point, the PSN has a subscription network in place, which means people can pre-order, which is what I think TellTale was attracted to, that meant PS3 users could buy the full season before the first episode was even released just like PC Users can, also means they can sell the episodes separate for a set price, or in a bundle for a cheaper price as the PSN allows grouping purchase from developers.

Yes, you are right. But this doesnt make sence at ToMI.
  • edited July 2010
    Yes, you are right. But this doesnt make sence at ToMI.

Actually it does, Currently the PSN doesn't have them all up as separate, but if you buy the full season, you get access to the five separate episodes to download right away. Unlike Sam & Max Season 1 and 2 on the Xbox 360, the games are not combined into one, they are separate still, so by buying the Season, you get all five separate episodes there and then.
  • edited July 2010
    Actually it does, Currently the PSN doesn't have them all up as separate, but if you buy the full season, you get access to the five separate episodes to download right away. Unlike Sam & Max Season 1 and 2 on the Xbox 360, the games are not combined into one, they are separate still, so by buying the Season, you get all five separate episodes there and then.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but I agree with him. ToMI is basically one long game cut into 5 parts and since its already finished, it would be fine and easy to release it the same way Sam and Max are on XBLA.
  • edited July 2010
    Have you not considered there might be a reason these games aren't ported to every console on release? That there might be some logic to TTG business plan?
    Like I said, TTG are doing better than ever before. So clearly they're getting something right. These guys haven't just walked out of school into their first job, they've been doing it for years.
    So how much business experience do you possess?
    Well actully I am doing business day by day just for living...But these are personal matters.
    But, do you not believe that it is now time for TT to invest some money (& time) to develop a "real time" multiplatform engine (like many Company have already done?)? It will be blessed money!
    Of course your idea sounds great on paper. Multiformat releases from day one obviously = $$$ But for one reason or another (that I do not claim to know) this isn't possible for this particular company.
    That why I believe, as a day 1 MI fan, that TOMI should have deserved something better! And here the fault, to me, is shared between LA & TT!
    By all means hope and ask for an XBLA conversion, great news! But ironically your whole thread boils down to a fanboy rant about how it should have been put on "the superior console" because that's where you believe the money lies.
    I have never stated that the Xbox is "the superior console". I have simply stated that XBL is the Heaven of the downlodable contents!
    How do you know there isn't an untapped market on the PSN? Also what better way to introduce users of the PSN to TTG, than by releasing their two biggest franchises to date?
    As I have stated many time, I am very happy with TOMY on PSN (or Mac or Ipad etcc..). I have absolutelly no problem with it! I just really want it also on the XBL marketplace!
    The problem lies, not with your opinion but your "know it all" attitude. Also why post an opinion at all if you don't want people to discuss it?
    Well, actually, I would be very happy with people discussing this issue (in order to rise some buzz around the XBL version), rather than fight over which the best console!!!
    Moreover, I have only express my opinion about this matter. Just very simple considerations.
    Just for my couriousity, what give you the impression of my "know it all attitude"?
  • edited July 2010
    Bad move Telltale...
    I said it before, and I say it again…bad move TellTale, really really bad move!
    As it is TT seems a good adventure company... but a true mess as a business company!
    No, as I said in previous posts, just because they made wrong / silly business/strategic decisions...!
    But not to have TOMI on XBL after a year is really a BAD BAD BAD MOVE!
    Just for my couriousity, what give you the impression of my "know it all attitude"?
    Each of these very 'matter of fact' statements gave me the impression. Later you started to phrase things as opinion however.

While I can't argue you may work in a business like many of us, can you actually say you know how the game industry works? I just don't think it's quite as simple as you seem to be envisioning.
    But, do you not believe that it is now time for TT to invest some money (& time) to develop a "real time" multiplatform engine (like many Company have already done?)? It will be blessed money!

I would love to see it done. I just don't know enough about the process to start suggesting that it's ridiculous they haven't already. Again, what you're saying makes sense, I just believe that the staff working there have reasons for why this hasn't happened yet.

Rather than consider the possible reasons for why these ideas haven't been put into action, you seem to be under the impression that TTG are all incompetent business men with no clue as to what they're doing.
    That why I believe, as a day 1 MI fan, that TOMI should have deserved something better! And here the fault, to me, is shared between LA & TT!

While Monkey Island is indeed a popular franchise, it's also for a cult audience. It doesn't appeal to the mainstream, especially console gamers. This is why TTG does significantly better on PC and it's also their main source of income. Which leads me onto...
    I have never stated that the Xbox is "the superior console". I have simply stated that XBL is the Heaven of the downlodable contents!

No you haven't, however I meant XBL. While it is indeed the more popular of all three online console services, it still doesn't necessarily mean more sales for such a cult franchise.

But assuming you're right, you come off sounding a bit fanboyish as you could apply this logic to any title and say it was a "bad move" if not placed on XBL first or along with every other format.

Basically your business plan would be to put everything on Xbox before or as well as the competition, because that's where you think the money is. Or at least that's how you've made it sound.

Don't forget that it's this very way of thinking that made the adventure game a dying breed in the first place. Publishers refusing to take risks and going for the safe option of what sells.
    As I have stated many time, I am very happy with TOMY on PSN (or Mac or Ipad etcc..). I have absolutelly no problem with it! I just really want it also on the XBL marketplace!

I'm not suggesting you have a problem with it being on PSN per se. Rather you began this thread suggesting it was a bad business move not to put it on XBL to begin with.
    Well, actually, I would be very happy with people discussing this issue (in order to rise some buzz around the XBL version), rather than fight over which the best console!!!
    Moreover, I have only express my opinion about this matter. Just very simple considerations.

I agree with you that "console vs console" discussions are ridiculous and childish, which is why i've remained neutral throughout this whole thread.

You're entitled to your own opinion just as anyone else, I just question how much you actually know about the gaming industry in order to suggest it's a bad move.

I know next to nothing about how it all works but then i'm not claiming to know better.
  • edited July 2010
    plrichard wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but I agree with him. ToMI is basically one long game cut into 5 parts and since its already finished, it would be fine and easy to release it the same way Sam and Max are on XBLA.

Basically, in a sum it up way, the PSN allows TellTale to do things the TellTale way, you can buy the full seasons, or you can buy them as separates on their own, and in some cases, the separates won't be available on their own but will be available under the Season bundles.

Combining the game is MORE work for TellTale and we've argued about this before, we wanted the DVD version to be a full game, but we were told it's too much work. So at least this way with the PSN, it means less work and allows them to keep a much similar structure as they have on their own store. :)
  • edited July 2010
    Basically, in a sum it up way, the PSN allows TellTale to do things the TellTale way, you can buy the full seasons, or you can buy them as separates on their own, and in some cases, the separates won't be available on their own but will be available under the Season bundles.

Combining the game is MORE work for TellTale and we've argued about this before, we wanted the DVD version to be a full game, but we were told it's too much work. So at least this way with the PSN, it means less work and allows them to keep a much similar structure as they have on their own store. :)

Ok, I think I understand. But I still think it can't be too much work considering they did it with Sam & Max 1&2. I'd love to see ToMI come to the Xbox Arcade because I'd love to get all the achievements and have an icon displayed under my "Completed Games" page under my gamertag. However, I already have it for PC so I'll live.
  • edited July 2010
    As an owner of PS3 and 360, I can honestly say I have no idea why people would consider XBL "superior" to PSN in any way. They both function perfectly for me, so I don't understand the reason for this supposed "fact".
  • edited July 2010
    As an owner of PS3 and 360, I can honestly say I have no idea why people would consider XBL "superior" to PSN in any way. They both function perfectly for me, so I don't understand the reason for this supposed "fact".
    To be honest, I've always just assumed it was the better of the three after reading various people say as such. I've not really thought much about it, I'm more than happy with PSN :)
  • edited July 2010
    Well, I for one prefer XBL because you don't have to pay tax on everything you buy. I've said it before, but to buy anything on PSN I have to buy a retail points card and pay retail tax and then pay tax AGAIN when I actually buy an item on PSN. Because of this I've not bought anything from PSN yet.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.