Nelson Tethers has a Facebook!

So apparently Telltale put up a Facebook account for Agent Teathers

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001262146982&v=info

Thoughts on this? I think it's the greatest thing ever.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Saw that yesterday. He's older than I would have thought. Otherwise, don't really have anything to say about it.

Maybe we'll get news about Puzzle Agent from there?
  • edited June 2010
    The Leg wrote: »
    So apparently Telltale put up a Facebook account for Agent Teathers

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001262146982&v=info

Thoughts on this? I think it's the greatest thing ever.

best profile pic! wonder if he does this in the game o_O
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Maybe we'll get news about Puzzle Agent from there?

I hope they post news on the blog or the forums instead, because, you know, not everyone has or wants to have a facebook account. :rolleyes:
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Nelson was signed on and chatting with people earlier today. That was enjoyable to watch.
  • edited June 2010
    Am i weird if i don't use Facebook, Twitter and such services?
  • edited June 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Nelson was signed on and chatting with people earlier today. That was enjoyable to watch.

I saw him on, but didn't have anything clever to say to him. :p
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Nope it's not weird to not use those services. There are plenty of people who don't.

Let's not derail threads with drive-by personal posts, though.
  • edited June 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Nope it's not weird to not use those services. There are plenty of people who don't.

Let's not derail threads with drive-by personal posts, though.

An extremely good point.

Just out of interest, will Puzzle Agent have the same sort of jerky animation seen in the trailer Graham's videos? It's not as though I dislike that style, I'm just interested in knowing.
  • edited June 2010
    I had quite a good conversation with Nelson yesterday! Here's the part where I sneakily tried to get the release date out of him:
    Nelson
    hard at work preparing for some lame assignment in the middle of nowhere

10:35pmMe
    I guess it's classified, but when does that mysterious new assignment start? ;)

10:35pmNelson
    i guess i'm supposed to be on a plane to REDACTEDREDACTED by the end of the month

what day is today?

10:37pmMe
    25th my man

of june, that is

10:40pmNelson
    so within the week. ugh. not a big fan of travel.

This went on for a little while. He gave up when I presented a puzzle to him though.

So yeah, Nelson's a cool guy. We chill together, from time to time.
  • edited June 2010
    Now for the question on everyone's lips: what puzzle was that?
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Now for the question on everyone's lips: what puzzle was that?

You mean 'the question on everyone's fingertips'. And, yes, I second Avistew's question.
  • edited June 2010
    I wasn't sure if I should post the riddle in here, as I don't want this thread to go off-topic. But since you asked for it, here it is:
    There are ten people in a house. Everybody wants to make a hand shake with only people shorter than themselves. Assume everybody is different in height. How many hand shakes are made?

A hint:
    1+2+3+...+9=45

Note: It's not the solution. Just a hint. In a way. Perhaps.

I'll post the solution in a couple of hours, or I'll post something if someone gets it before then. No googling!
  • edited June 2010
    Zero..........
    handshakes.
  • edited June 2010
    Yep, there you go. Not the hardest of riddles, so I guess it was just a bit below Nelson's standards.
  • edited June 2010
    It's not satisfying to get it right when it's not that challenging.

Or someone else knows it before I do.
  • edited June 2010
    I've always wanted to be friends with a fictional character on Facebook!
  • edited June 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Zero..........
    handshakes.

I don't really get his...Is it that "Everybody wants to make a hand shake with only people shorter than themselves. " means people who are shorter than everyone there?
  • edited June 2010
    Conor wrote: »
    I don't really get his...Is it that "Everybody wants to make a hand shake with only people shorter than themselves. " means people who are shorter than everyone there?

Nah, means I only want to shake hands with people shorter than me. So if there are only 3 people, at heights of say, 5'8" 5'9" and 6'1"
    The 6'1" person wants to shake hands with both of the others. The 5'9" person wants to shake hands with the 5'8" person.
    But the thing is, they'll never want to shake hands back, because you'll be taller, so the answer is 0 handshakes.

People only want to go out with those who are more attractive than themselves, and that's why life sucks ;)
  • edited June 2010
    oh I get it now.
  • edited June 2010
    Seriously best facebook picture ever
  • edited June 2010
    Could someone please post said pictures i dont use facebook
  • edited June 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Could someone please post said pictures i dont use facebook
    36733_104783229573748_100001262146982_34816_8272038_n.jpg
    He looks very proud
  • edited June 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    10:40pmNelson
    so within the week. ugh. not a big fan of travel.

This week? Nice! :)
  • edited June 2010
    NickClick2 wrote: »
    This week? Nice! :)

Didn't he say that Friday?
  • edited June 2010
    Raum wrote: »

...oh, crap.
  • edited June 2010
    Raum wrote: »

He couldn't of said Friday, because that's July 2nd.
  • edited June 2010
    He said that in a "what day is it again?" way after hearing it was the 25th. So by "a week" he meant "within 7 days". You're over-thinking it. He was just answering in a way that didn't give any more information than we already have (that is, it's coming out in June).
  • edited June 2010
    Haha - just posted something on his facebook wall. Posting it on here for those of you taht aren't FB users.

"Nelson -

Heard you're off to [REDACTED]. Pick me up some [REDACTED] once you figure out what's going on with the [REDACTED] not [REDACTED] - someone swiped mine off my desk, and I have some [REDACTED] that need to be filled out.

Oh, and hurry up - deadline is coming up fast. They'll have my head if I don't have it in by next week."
  • edited June 2010
    Is there any way to see what Nelson posts on FaceBook without signing up for FB?
  • edited June 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    Is there any way to see what Nelson posts on FaceBook without signing up for FB?

His profile is public. just follow the link on the OP
  • edited June 2010
    His profile is public. just follow the link on the OP
    That just takes me to the main page of his profile (I guess). All the links there either take me to other people's pages or to the 'Register on FaceBook' page. None take me to the message people here have been quoting or mentioning.
    I know I'm a FaceBook noob though, so it could be that I'm missing something :)
  • edited June 2010
    That just takes me to the main page of his profile (I guess). All the links there either take me to other people's pages or to the 'Register on FaceBook' page. None take me to the message people here have been quoting or mentioning.
    Try this link
  • edited June 2010
    Try this link

Again:

So there's no way we can read anything on his wall without registering. As much as I love Telltale and am excited about this game, it's not worth it for me, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on too much anyway. To those of you who posted excerpts: thanks. :)
  • edited June 2010
    Bamse wrote: »
    So there's no way we can read anything on his wall without registering.
    Aww, too bad.

Thanks for your help anyway, Toast_Burner!
  • edited June 2010
    Aww, too bad.

Thanks for your help anyway, Toast_Burner!

Your welcome. The main high lights are in the blog and on the forum any way
  • edited June 2010
    Nelson Tethers now has more friends on facebook than I do. Not that that would be hard to do...but I'm now finding myself envious of a computer game character...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.