Cuteness

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
Okay, I need to know if I'm the only person who actually finds Sam and Max adorable. I know that they're sociopaths, and neither of them are really cute enough on their own to make me squee, but when they're thrown together, I feel the fangirl in me pass out. Which is why I keep teleporting in The Penal Zone. There's something so cute about the way Sam pulls Max towards him in those little animations.

Does anyone else genuinely think that they can be cute?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Max is cute and Sam is huggable.

Yeah, for been a couple of Psychopatic cops, both are really cute.
  • edited June 2010
    I always found Sam to be adorable. Especially when he whines in hit the road.
  • edited June 2010
    In the comics and cartoon, they are cute since their character designs tend to be more on the roundish and simplified side. As they got "older", they just turned cooler and more detailed, not really "cute".

But if you mean "cute" as in "handsome" or something, then yes, they were always cute. XP
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, they're cute. :D I've been pondering this a lot myself, I guess it's mostly because of their round-ish and simplistic design, AND their small round blob-like (?) eyes. There's just so much emotion in those! :)
  • edited June 2010
    The only time I can remember where I found them physically cute was at the end of 204, where Max pulled Sam up onto
    Bosco's levitating body
    and then proceeded to smooth down his tie. It was unexpected, and I found quite adorable.

Oh, scratch that. I do like it when Sam plonks his hand onto Max's head, too. Max's ear bends and one of his eyes close, and it's cute because you know he'd rip apart anyone else who tried to do that.

In terms of overall cuteness, though, I find their general rapport and personalities attractive. That's all there is to it.
  • edited June 2010
    i think they are but in 303 i think sam is mostly badass btw i find samun mak max more adorable than the regular one :P
  • edited June 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Max is cute and Sam is huggable.

Yeah, for been a couple of Psychopatic cops, both are really cute.

Totally agreed. :)
  • edited June 2010
    Are most of you female? Because I don't find them cute and I'm male. I think that nauseatinglycute.com is cute though.
  • edited June 2010
    They are extremely cute, but I doubt either of them would like hearing it. :p
  • edited June 2010
    they market a boll
  • edited June 2010
    Trica wrote: »
    [...] AND their small round blob-like (?) eyes. There's just so much emotion in those! :)

I forgot to mention those! Yes, their eyes also have a cute charm to them too! ^^
    Omegabegin wrote: »
    The only time I can remember where I found them physically cute was at the end of 204, where Max pulled Sam up onto
    Bosco's levitating body
    and then proceeded to smooth down his tie. It was unexpected, and I found quite adorable.

Oh, scratch that. I do like it when Sam plonks his hand onto Max's head, too. Max's ear bends and one of his eyes close, and it's cute because you know he'd rip apart anyone else who tried to do that.

Holy guacamole! I love those parts too! Anytime where they are chummy like that, I always need to say "awwww!" =^_^=
    Are most of you female? Because I don't find them cute and I'm male.

I think I have a different definition of "cute". I find Headcrabs (Half-Life), Zubats (Pokemon), and Plant 43s (Resident Evil 2) cute too. ^^;
  • edited June 2010
    My mother thinks Max is a cute bunny. And since she does not understand what he says this will stay that way.
  • edited June 2010
    Bosco's levitating body

Breakman wrote: »
    Holy guacamole! I love those parts too! Anytime where they are chummy like that, I always need to say "awwww!" =^_^=

Yeah, those moments always make me smile. Maybe in part due to Sam not seeming to like being touched, and Max being, well, Max. And of course I always melt a little (okay, maybe a lot) at genuine displays of friendship.

About physical cuteness, I think they've both always been that in a somewhat unconventional way. But you know what's really adorable? Sam and Max as kids!

SnM_-_Terror_on_the_TanbarkCROP.jpg

Why am I posting this again? Because I don't think there needs to be an excuse to post pics of Sam and Max as impish little kidlets. Just look at them. How could you possibly say no to such adorableness?

Yeah. That's what I thought.
  • edited June 2010
    *increases the size of the male minority in this thread*
    I liked in 301, when they were going to teleport, and sam grabs max' ears. "oop, we're teleporting, better grab onto these"
    Dunno why but I found that adorable, along with the other things mentioned above.
  • edited June 2010
    Max's cuteness and its contrast to his personality is what makes him so adorable.
    I remember when in 106
    he split into four Max characters and became all cute and dosile.
    That was one of his cutest moments imo.
  • edited June 2010
    Ophenix wrote: »
    I remember when in 106
    That was one of his most nightmare-fueltastic moments imo.

Fix'd.

Although it was hilarious. But as Sammun-Mak said after
    Sam shot him in zeppelin-form in front of the tapestry
    in 303: "Let's not do that again."
  • edited June 2010
    Sam & Max are handsome! Sam & Max are cute!
  • edited June 2010
    About physical cuteness, I think they've both always been that in a somewhat unconventional way. But you know what's really adorable? Sam and Max as kids!

SnM_-_Terror_on_the_TanbarkCROP.jpg

Why am I posting this again? Because I don't think there needs to be an excuse to post pics of Sam and Max as impish little kidlets. Just look at them. How could you possibly say no to such adorableness?

100% Agreed on that, I'm seldom able to resist using the fountain of youth water on Sam & Max in 202.
  • edited June 2010
    Max can be cute on occasion.. Sam is always the picture of cool badassedness .. and therefore can not be "cute"
  • edited June 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Sam is always the picture of cool badassedness .. and therefore can not be "cute"

This might just be me, but I don't see why "badassery" and "cuteness" have to be mutually-exclusive traits.
  • edited June 2010
    They are both cute in their own unique ways.

Sam being the calm, collective type of character who just happens to be fat and a dog.

Max...well he's a three foot psycho rabbit with little brown eyes and sharp teeth. What's not to like about him!

Also, on a side note, I like the thing that when Sam becomes angry it usually involves Max or something personal with himself, and Max is the only one who can calm him down.
  • edited June 2010
    No matter what, I just want to hug Sam. Even if he's being angry and violent. I just have to hug him. I'm pretty sure it's partly his voice, partly his personality, and mostly his dog-in-a-suit-ness.

(So yeah, Sam and Max are cute.)
  • edited June 2010
    They are extremely cute, but I doubt either of them would like hearing it. :p

Heh, agreed. :)
  • edited June 2010
    I think Max is ok with it.... Sam often calls him adorable or cute stuff like that... Although its possible Sam is the only one who could get away with it.
  • edited June 2010
    Let me post this again please ^^!

SnM___Need_of_a_Hug_by_Ginny_N.png

Ok, done!
  • edited June 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Let me post this again please ^^!

SnM___Need_of_a_Hug_by_Ginny_N.png

Ok, done!

Awwwww that is so awesome! :o
  • edited June 2010
    Ophenix wrote: »
    Max's cuteness and its contrast to his personality is what makes him so adorable.
    I remember when in 106
    That was one of his cutest moments imo.

I'm not gonna lie; I wanted to see Max teach a tree how to read. But I thought Gluttonous Max was adorable too. Maybe you thought Max was adorable after his
    bliss was separated
    because you could hug him without any chance of him shooting you.

One of my favorite moments was at the end of 106 where Sam surprises Max with the boxing glove, and Max hugs Sam and says "You're my best friend!" The two are very cute when they're friendly like that. I also wanted to squeeze Sammun-Mak to bits, especially with his costume. He acts like he could be Papierwaite and Skunkape's adopted child.
  • edited June 2010
    One of my favorite moments was at the end of 106 where Sam surprises Max with the boxing glove, and Max hugs Sam and says "You're my best friend!" The two are very cute when they're friendly like that.

Oh, I forgot about that! Another example of those little bits of physical contact that are unexpected, but very sweet :p

...Although if I do remember, Sam seemed equally startled to be on the receiving end of that hug, and backed away a little afterward. It probably had to do with his dislike of being touched, but he still smiled and responded that Max was his best friend too...so I'm willing to bet that he was just a bit surprised.
  • edited June 2010
    @ GinnyN: So adorable! Squeeeee ^^

I think both are really adorable, but for some reason I tend to find Sam a little more adorable than Max. Not sure why, I just do. More huggable perhaps? XD
  • edited June 2010
    There's a scene in Ice Station Santa when they're climbing the topiary up to Santa's chimney, and Max throws himself onto Sam's back for a piggy back ride. I always find that scene adorable.

And then, like I said before, they have those animations when you teleport during The Penal Zone, where Sam pats Max's head or hugs his ears. Those make me go "awwwwww." :)

My favourite one's the one where he hugs his ears, since it looks like Max is leaning into him when Sam pulls him closer. It's really cute.
  • edited June 2010
    ...Although if I do remember, Sam seemed equally startled to be on the receiving end of that hug, and backed away a little afterward. It probably had to do with his dislike of being touched, but he still smiled and responded that Max was his best friend too...so I'm willing to bet that he was just a bit surprised.

I though he though Max was going to punch him inmediatly after the hug.

And, yes, that was adorable ^^!
  • edited June 2010
    This made me go "dawwww..."
  • edited June 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    This made me go "dawwww..."

That seems kind of gruesome, somehow...but I understand, cause I felt the same way. I liked watching Sam carry Max like that, even though Max was kind of...um...y'know.

I just watched through the ending for Chariots of the Dogs again, and saw what you were talking about, Omegabegin, where Max helps him up and smooths Sam's time for him. I totally missed that the first time I played through, but it was really sweet. :p

I think we can all agree that any instances of affection between Sam and Max are adorable.
  • edited June 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    I just watched through the ending for Chariots of the Dogs again, and saw what you were talking about, Omegabegin, where Max helps him up and smooths Sam's time for him. I totally missed that the first time I played through, but it was really sweet. :p

Heh - funny story on that. I didn't really notice myself the first couple times I played through, but when the Season 2 DVD came out, I bought it and started watching the episode commentaries.

In the developer one for Chariots, one of the commentators actually pointed it out. He thought it was cute, too, and I wouldn't have even noticed if he hadn't brought my attention to it!

Also, speaking of 106, remember when Sam was
    shot off in the lunar lander
    ? Max seemed genuinely concerned; no jokes or snark, only a wavering utter of "Sam!"

I remember being very surprised at that, mostly because Max spends the majority of that face-off relatively unconcerned. It might have had something to do with the fact that Sam was no longer in his line of sight - whatever the reason, I thought it was very sweet.
  • edited June 2010
    Remember in "Ice Station Santa" when Sam and Max traveled into the future and Sam thought Future Max would crack him up in some later time and Max said, "Don't I crack you now, Sam?"

I always that was really cute.
  • edited June 2010
    I find them extremely cute on their own as well as a team. They're a dog and rabbity thing after all. <3
  • edited June 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    Sam & Max are handsome! Sam & Max are cute!

When we think of Sam & Max, we give a big salute!
    (Why am I the first to respond to this guy?)

I'm a man and thus, I refuse to call them cute. They're "cool" to me. Adorably cool.
  • edited June 2010
    Its allways cute when Max acts childish. I don't remember the episode but it was in Season 2, but it was a realy cute moment.
    Max: 'Wait for the 200 foot tall lagomorth to squash it flat.
    Sam: 'You still taking the growth inhansers, little buddy?
    Max: 'Didn't you notice.
  • edited June 2010
    I've always found it cute when max goes "Aww, now you're gonna make me cry!" after Sam congratulates him on making the elf cry in 201.
  • edited June 2010
    They're so adorable when they're beating criminals into submission with the butts of their guns or shooting holes in anything that moves! :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.