Back to the future game trailer

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
I would think there would be a game trailer or preview, since the game is suppose to be out this Winter 2010. If game released same time as blu ray trilogy on Oct 26 2010 "Exactly 25 yrs when Marty 1st time traveled" That would only give them a few months to work on the game, So I am thinking it wont have to much detail or graffics or may not be a very long game. I will still get the game, just hope it will be fun and have the delorean, hill valley and clock tower in the game! What do you guys think?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    It will be an episodic series like Telltale's other games. The first episode is stated to come out this winter, and if it's like their other episodes, it will probably take around four to six hours to beat. The subsequent episodes will come out on a monthly basis. Telltale's series so far have ranged from four to six episodes. Telltale is known for their ability to produced high quality games in a surprisingly short amount of time.

Sorry if you already knew all that, but you seem like you're probably new here. Welcome to the forums. :)
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah I just signed up when I heard the news about the back to the future game!
  • edited July 2010
    Glad to have you on board and strap yourself in while TTG races towards 88 mph.
  • edited July 2010
    Should be a good adventure! Do you think they may come out with a game play trailer any time soon?
  • edited July 2010
    No.

Generally it's like 1 month before... TOPS.
  • edited July 2010
    K! Thanks
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah TTG usually starts showing us stuff a month before game release... I can not wait to see what they will do with the game.
  • edited July 2010
    I cant wait either! I hope they release it around the same time as the blu ray in October
  • edited July 2010
    It will not be out sooner than winter... according to this teaser trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QByEE_0QY_s

If I was you I would try some of their other games so you can get an idea of what to expect.
  • edited July 2010
    It says this winter, so maybe Oct nov or dec
  • edited July 2010
    bttf1985cc wrote: »
    It says this winter, so maybe Oct nov or dec

Winter is the months of December-March. :P
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Never in my 20-year history of gaming experience has the release announcement "this winter" meant anything different than "next year". October is three months away, and the TTG team obviously hasn't settled on a storyline yet.

2011 will be the date. January, hopefully. If they actually make it December, your drinks are on me. But only if they actually FINISH the game and have the subtitles spellchecked. I still don't get over the fact that they misspelled both Judi Dench AND Milla Jovovich in the same sentence in "Max' brain". :D

/edit: bttf1985cc: As people could believe you're actually ANNOUNCING a trailer with your thread title, could you maybe change it to "When will we have a first trailer?" or something?
  • edited July 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »

I love the last line of the commercial for the first NES BttF game.

"Its ALMOST like being in the movie."

LOL
  • edited July 2010
    Well, let's think. I've heard both "Coming this Winter" and "Q4 2009", December is the month that falls into both of those categories so that's what I'm guessing.

The survey to Sam & Max season 3 was very similar to the BTTF one and was about 3ish months away from Episode 1's release right? So in 3ish months time it'll be October, meaning that MAYBE we'll get the pilot episode with the DVD's release, or around that time.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna be hanging out at this board a bit more now that Monkey 2 is out.
    edited July 2010
    Where exactly did you read or hear of "Q4 2009"?
  • edited July 2010
    Dunno...some random news site...or I made it up. :o

In any case, I don't think it'll be any longer than 6 months away...
  • edited July 2010
    Ya, I think right around the time of the Blu-Ray release is when the game will be released. It's good cross-promotion for Universal. They'll probably put some sort of sticker or paper insert on or in the Blu-Ray edition of BttF advertising the game.
  • edited July 2010
    Well if It will be an "episodic" series like Telltale's other games and the release of back to the future blue ray trilogy In October 2010, Then there could be hope for October and no later then December!
  • edited July 2010
    gametrailer would be wicked. But lets face it, at this time, i would be happy with a SINGLE Screenshot, GIEF, just to see how and what direction they are taking it in.
  • edited July 2010
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    gametrailer would be wicked. But lets face it, at this time, i would be happy with a SINGLE Screenshot, GIEF, just to see how and what direction they are taking it in.

Same here. I am curious what style of graphics it will have. I think BTTF could easily work with stylized graphics, somewhere between like Sam and Max's latest episodes and real. The tone is light enough in the movies, and I think Telltale's character dept is good with caricatures. But we'll have to wait and see what direction they'll take, I guess.

*ETA- speaking of the new season of Sam and Max, I have to say they really gave me confidence that Telltale could handle the time aspect well ;)
  • edited July 2010
    I think the trailer could come out around the time of the October Blu-ray release, realistically.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, I am hoping for it it come out around the same time as the blu ray in Oct also!
  • edited July 2010
    I hope they release some clip art or a preview of the game to see which way for sure they are going with the game, possible sometime soon : )
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, they could not "time" it any better then to drop right before, during or after the October release of the BluRay. I say November. The 9th (my b-day) would be super-sweet. :-)
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah it would be cool, just a few months away!
  • edited August 2010
    Ya, I'm dying to see something from this game. Concept art, screen shot, Telltale intern looking at a computer screen with the words Back to the Future on it. Anything!
  • edited August 2010
    The trailer needs to be a remake of the first movie's teaser: all the glistening lights, sounds, insides of the DeLorean without giving away any details - then a 3D Marty shows up

"How far are you going?"

"About 30 years."
    edited August 2010
    "How far are you going?"

"About 30 years."

How about 25?
  • edited August 2010
    Cant wait for a trailer wonder what it will look like ?
  • edited August 2010
    I want the trailer to start off with the bad videogame pixel of Marty walking up to the screen, and then subtitles comes up saying:

"Doc! Are you telling me, we're going into 3D?!"

And then action music followed by the Time Train and epic lightning bolts. With a 3D Doc coming out of the past to bring on the new episodic game!
  • edited August 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    I want the trailer to start off with the bad videogame pixel of Marty walking up to the screen, and then subtitles comes up saying:

"Doc! Are you telling me, we're going into 3D?!"

And then action music followed by the Time Train and epic lightning bolts. With a 3D Doc coming out of the past to bring on the new episodic game!

Omg with the time train? That'd be sooo awesome.

Really kewl, super kewl!

Hope a 3D Jules & Verne are in the time train standing behind them, waving & being kewwwwl like they were in the movie.

That'd be a real hoot!
  • edited August 2010
    Cant wait for a trailer wonder what it will look like ?

tandem%20Axel%20cage%20trailer%20$70.00%20code%20T381801%20copy.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    Anyone else hoping we might get some sort of teaser for the Universal licenses after the credits of the Sam and Max finale like we got for Sam and Max after Tales?
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah, I was hoping we'd get something like that. Or maybe a surprise announcement?
    Day of the Tentacle for instance?...

Or am I being too ambitious? I mean, Telltale have already blown me away by announcing BTTF, one more announcement like that and I might just die of shock!
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah it has been months since they revealed they are making the game,We are Over due for a update lol.
  • edited August 2010
    mcfly88 wrote: »
    Omg with the time train? That'd be sooo awesome.

Really kewl, super kewl!

Hope a 3D Jules & Verne are in the time train standing behind them, waving & being kewwwwl like they were in the movie.

That'd be a real hoot!

Just to clarify this was sarcasm.

Sounds terrible.
  • edited September 2010
    since the game will be avialable in oct/nov, maybe they will have a demo for the game in october!!!
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah, I was hoping we'd get something like that. Or maybe a surprise announcement?
    Day of the Tentacle for instance?...

Or am I being too ambitious? I mean, Telltale have already blown me away by announcing BTTF, one more announcement like that and I might just die of shock!

I'm right there with ya. It would be amazing to have Telltale bring back Day of the Tentacle.

As a matter of fact, one of the main reasons I originally signed up on these forums oh-so-long-ago was to ask them if they were going to bring back DotT. If I remember correctly, the answer I got was that the DotT brand was still owned by LucasArt and they weren't willing to sell the rights, or something to that effect. That was a couple of years ago now though and with both Sam and Max and Monkey Island both making the successful return to the present, Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle is the lone major missing LucasArts franchise not to return.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm not sure.

Would be redundant I think, with BTTF to do a DOTT game.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.