Soundtrack

I loved the calm and low-key music in Puzzle Agent. Excellent thinking music. Telltale, please oh please release this soundtrack! It's perfect for a mystery mood. Which I am in. All the time.

Of course, it can wait until the end of the season, if such a thing should happen, but it's still incredibly atmospheric.

So, what'd you guys think of the music?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Not that it's not great music, but it's not really.. special.
  • edited July 2010
    I love the Twin Peaks like piece in the diner. Wouldn't buy a soundtrack just for this episode, but if we get a full season and more of this type of music, I'd definitely be interested.
  • edited July 2010
    A soundtrack for a single game probably wouldn't be worthwhile, but if they don't make more episodes (or don't know if they will in the next couple of months), maybe they can include it as bonus tracks on the Sam & Max Season 3 soundtrack. Season 3 is a bit short on musical numbers so far, anyway, and I don't think the composer will complain (considering it's the same guy).
  • edited July 2010
    Well if Telltale does make a full Season (which I think they will), they'll be making a soundtrack, so I'd buy it.
  • edited July 2010
    I would like it if Telltale were to release a soundtrack (of tracks from the entire season, not just tracks from 'Mystery of Scoggins'), but I would only buy it if it were packaged together with the boxed version of the game/season.
  • edited July 2010
    They could put the soundtrack on a mini CD and release it with the special edition of the season, kinda like how the Sam & Max Season 2 case file had a mini CD with The Friendly Demon Song and a few others.
  • edited July 2010
    "There was a fearsome demon... who had a very scary form..."
    (Sorry, I couldn't avoid it)

I loved the music of Puzle Agent, but I wouldn't buy it. It would be great to have it on the full season disc like Wallace & Gromit's or Strong Bad's.
  • edited July 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    and a few others.

more like and all the other catchy songs from the games that get stuck in your head for months.

http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/301984
  • edited July 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    more like and all the other catchy songs from the games that get stuck in your head for months.

After I compared the tracks on that mini CD to the website samples from the Sam & Max Season 1 Soundtrack, I noticed that the tracks on the mini CD were altered to sound like they were playing on the record player from the game; no bass, and the scratchy popping that accompanies old vinyl. It's a nice touch, and I don't think those versions appear anywhere -other- than in the Season 2 case file.
  • edited July 2010
    right. those are remixes so the disc is even useful for those that already own the soundtracks.
  • edited July 2010
    I loved the whole soundtrack. It was quietly epic.
  • edited July 2010
    I did enjoy it if there was a cd with music from the game I would more then likley buy it
  • edited August 2010
    I would buy a soundtrack in a heartbeat, the music is just perfect in any words that cant be described as good music. :)
  • edited August 2010
    I absolutely LOVED the soundtrack for Puzzle Agent. First TTG soundtrack I was really excited about! It's excellent! A bit of X-Files mixed with The Dead Zone (the TV show). It was excellent. Just perfect.

So yeah, I liked it.
  • edited August 2010
    Totally, this is easily my favorite score you guys have put out yet!
  • TesterNickTesterNick Former Telltale Staff
    edited September 2010
    I <3 you all! Except the 7 people that didn't like the music. :P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.