TOYS!?- The Beyond the valley of the dolls "Did you try?" list.

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    This is a game where you can try to shoot pretty much anybody and get a meaningful response. On top of my mind are Harry Moleman and Superball (both in Boscotech Lab).
  • edited July 2010
    chemistx2 wrote: »
    Why do people buy the Steam version? Is it cheaper? Easier to download? I'm confused - I've always got mine straight from Telltale...

I buy stuff there when I notice good offers, like The Devil's Playhouse and ToMI at one price. And it's damn easy, the lazy bastard that I am.
  • edited July 2010
    what is steam
  • edited July 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    what is steam

Either google it or wikipedia it
  • edited July 2010
    Picking up the Gold Hot Pants at the second time near the warehouse is well worth the time it took to replay the game to that point (Note to self: next time, do more intermediate saves). VERY AWESOME - YOU MUST DO IT!
  • edited July 2010
    When I went back to try the gold biker short scene for the first time, I couldn't do it as it would not let me click on it. I was using the Steam version so I went back to the version I downloaded from Telltale, loaded up the same save file and it worked.
  • edited July 2010
    Has anyone tried clicking on the little "Provisional Machine" in the cloning chamber several times till it pops open? It's hilarious!
  • edited July 2010
    I have more!

Did you try shooting the clone tanks while Sal was working in the chamber but before he worked on the search lights?

Did you notice when Sam said "go to the Master" the Samulacrum continued to walk toward you because the Master was with you?
  • edited July 2010
    Bunnyman wrote: »
    Did you notice when Sam said "go to the Master" the Samulacrum continued to walk toward you because the Master was with you?

After that, I was SURE that the master was Momma Bosco...
  • edited July 2010
    I kinda figured that was the solution so I used
    "the toybox"
    first.

Oh well, retry option :).
  • edited July 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Either google it or wikipedia it

what about bing
  • edited July 2010
    what about bing

At this point, "Google" has become the verb for searching on the web using a search engine. Whether or not you use a different search engine, it seems that it will be considered "Googling." If you like a different search engine, that's fine, but it will likely stay that way, at least for awhile.
  • edited July 2010
    what about bing

1) It's Microsoft - despite having been popular for the best part of two decades, its share in every consumer market (except console gaming) has shrunk in recent years. Renaming their MSN web search Bing is their desperate attempt to save a more-or-less dead brand.

2) Bing is one letter away from bling, which conjures thoughts of rappers and chavland.

3) Like the man above me said, Google is the king of web searches today.

Anyways have you researched Steam yet?
  • edited July 2010
    what about bing

what ABOUT bing?
  • edited July 2010
    * Look out of the office's window (twice),

sam:max take a look, the clones are changing desotos preset to public radio
    max:noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • edited July 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    1) It's Microsoft - despite having been popular for the best part of two decades, its share in every consumer market (except console gaming) has shrunk in recent years. Renaming their MSN web search Bing is their desperate attempt to save a more-or-less dead brand.

2) Bing is one letter away from bling, which conjures thoughts of rappers and chavland.

3) Like the man above me said, Google is the king of web searches today.

Anyways have you researched Steam yet?

it works, and yes i have
  • edited August 2010
    Doesnt work for me to hit the dispenser
  • edited August 2010
    to those of you who didn't get why the Thriller reference wasn't also a (possible) TF2 reference- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYFGwHn7jYQ&feature=related

I'm plenty familiar with MJ and Thriller but TF2 is the first thing I thought of during that scene, especially on the heels of the (fantastic) dispenser gag
    hansi887 wrote: »
    Doesnt work for me to hit the dispenser

did you try hitting it enough times? or can you just not click on/select it?
  • edited August 2010
    not sure if it's been mentioned, but try using the ventriloquist power on the jukebox at Stinky's. You'll get a nice nod to Hit the Road.
  • edited August 2010
    Did anyone try throwing Norrington's voice at Sam while Charlie Hotep was in his various forms?
  • edited August 2010
    The Marvel wrote: »
    not sure if it's been mentioned, but try using the ventriloquist power on the jukebox at Stinky's. You'll get a nice nod to Hit the Road.

I mentioned it like 3 times, I loved it
  • edited August 2010
    Just found one, use the mind reading cards on the newspaper stand at the docks just before the end
  • edited August 2010
    You can do that one at any time, actually.
  • edited August 2010
    Just found one, use the mind reading cards on the newspaper stand at the docks just before the end

i did that i got a trophy :p
  • edited August 2010
    future vision on sam at the final battle? (episode 5 refernce?)
  • edited August 2010
    changing into desoto at "sals new job"?
  • edited August 2010

That's more a Michael Jackson's Thriller reference, really. It's just that Valve referenced it in their Halloween event.
  • edited September 2010
    Whooaaa hadn't seen the Romeo and Juliet scene, it rocks so hard!!
  • edited January 2011
    Looking into Bluster Blaster's Future

Why was he in space? I feel like this is a plot hole. Which is okay for Sam and Max. But was he on Skunkape's space ship when it exploded? I feel like this was originally going to be explained but in the end was forgot about.
  • edited January 2011
    Why was he in space? I feel like this is a plot hole. Which is okay for Sam and Max. But was he on Skunkape's space ship when it exploded? I feel like this was originally going to be explained but in the end was forgot about.

I was really disappointed in episode 5 because I thought Bluster Blaster's future meant that he was going to the Dark Dimension. A final battle there, plus helping Yog-Soggoth, would have made a cool ending.
  • edited February 2011
    what about bing

It can maybe also..............Find......it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.