TOYS!?- The Beyond the valley of the dolls "Did you try?" list.

edited February 2011 in Sam & Max
Yay! I made it first... Hooray for me. So, Im greedy so.. Im going to post to cover my a$$ and Il edit the list after. Mwuhahaha...

Spoilers abound
Okay here me go....

Did you try....

- hitting the dispenser multiple times?
- transforming into the desoto literally anywhere?
- Attempting to shoot a sam clone?
- Throwing your voice into the statue of liberty?
- going down the docks to see the two sam clones on their "Break"
- Using the noir option every time you see it while interrogating stinky?
- Trying to shoot dr. norington with the Robot?
- Trying to use Rhynoplasty on any of the pictures in Papierwaits office?
- clicking on the papyrus in Papierwaites office multiple times?
- Reading sam's mind multiple times?
- choosing the ??? option when controling the clones?
- Chatting up max, hitting the Random topic repeatedly (ALOT)
- Reading bluster Blasters mind?
- Reading sal's mind when he is at the docks?

I think thats all I got for no. Add your own,

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Looking into Bluster Blaster's Future
  • edited July 2010
    looking into bluster blaster's future

that is totally awesoooome!!!11
  • edited July 2010
    Looking into Bluster Blaster's Future

Oh god I have to ask what happens. I think I did this and just don't remember.
  • edited July 2010
    Wait nevermind I remember...

THIS IS AWESOME!
  • edited July 2010
    *Interact with Skunkape several times.

*Use future vision on Sam after he's used the dimensional destabilizer where you get the...theatrical...death sequence.

*Read Bluster Blaster's mind a few times.

*Get Max thrown up to the untransformed tablet twice, at the Statue of Liberty.

*Transform tablet back to its original while Max is standing on it.

There are more but I can't remember them now
  • edited July 2010
    Oh, and there's one scene where Max says "For the lulz", but I sadly can't remember when D:
  • edited July 2010
    -Using the hand scanner on the central platform before cloning mama bosco?
  • edited July 2010
    * Look out of the office's window (twice), and use Charlie on them?
    * Use Mindreading on Sam in Mamma Bosco's?
    * Click the giant machine to get the "microchip" line after momma Bosco has returned to the realm of living?
    * Shoot pretty much everything in the cloning room?
    * Mindread/Charlie Hotep both Papierweight and Yog-Saggoth?
    * Mindread Bluster or Sal when being attacked by the clones?
    * Look into Sam's future during the final battle?
    * Get Max kicked to the Flame of Liberty?

Eh, that's all I got right now...
  • edited July 2010
    - going down the docks to see the two sam clones on their "break"

Is that when they're playing rock paper scissors?
  • edited July 2010
    Pick a card and "read the newspaper rack's mind???"
    Get chased through the clown infested streets.
    Shoot that evil coffee cup while partnered with cake-Max
    Try and shoot Sal while he's hanging over the proverbial abyss.
  • edited July 2010
    Use the Gun on Skun'Kape. Funny little scene where the camera hangs on Max for too long and he shoos it away
  • edited July 2010
    ...pick up the golden underwear at the docks when the clones are going into the warehouse? Awesome sauce.
  • edited July 2010

You need to hit dispenser 8 times for upgrade in TF2. =)

Anyone remember "You get Nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!" ?

Did you try read newspapers mind?
  • edited July 2010
    Where it this "dispenser" located?
    Harald B wrote: »
    ...pick up the golden underwear at the docks when the clones are going into the warehouse? Awesome sauce.
    Where on the docks is that, exactly? I'm on the PS3 version, and on that part where the clones are going inside the warehouse, you can't select any items.
  • edited July 2010
    mjc0961 wrote: »
    Where it this "dispenser" located?

Where on the docks is that, exactly? I'm on the PS3 version, and on that part where the clones are going inside the warehouse, you can't select any items.

Dispenser in the clones cave on "the leftest" location. There is a tunnel and lefter there are barrels and dispenser from TF2
  • edited July 2010
    Oh have Telltale released a new episode! I haven't played Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.
  • edited July 2010
    From the starting position at the telephone, keep walking to the right. (It's to the right of the newspaper stand, not sure how far.)
  • edited July 2010
    Dispenser in the clones cave on "the leftest" location. There is a tunnel and lefter there are barrels and dispenser from TF2
    Ah right, I saw that thing but ignored it after one click of Sam saying it was empty. Thanks.
    EDIT: That was fun. :)
    From the starting position at the telephone, keep walking to the right. (It's to the right of the newspaper stand, not sure how far.)
    I'll go check it out again, but I don't think I saw anything there.
  • edited July 2010
    The golden underwear isn't on the PS3 version, there are exactly zero click-able objects during that moment.

There always seems to be one or two lines/objects that go missing between the versions.
  • edited July 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    The golden underwear isn't on the PS3 version, there are exactly zero click-able objects during that moment.
    Yeah that's what I thought... I don't even see any underwear lying there, and I can't do anything as Sam except move around. Stinks that it got removed from this version. Thanks guys.
  • edited July 2010
    For other people and to be sure, here's where to find them:
    b3nziv.png
  • edited July 2010
    Nothing like this.
    Cant throw my voice at statue.
    I have a feeling, that Steam version is Beta version.
    -When Stinkie walking after posession, her white eyes floating above her.
    -If you look on control platform closer and press on Stinkie you will avtomaticaly teleport there.
    -If you try to use rinoplasty on this platform you'll be teleported back to the main cave.

Really, what the hell?
  • edited July 2010
    use psychic ventriloquism on the jukebox

Hit the Road reference
  • edited July 2010
    Avel wrote: »

There always seems to be one or two lines/objects that go missing between the versions.

I just loaded up the game on pc and it wasn't their either wtf?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    How is that a TF2 reference?
  • edited July 2010
    That's a taunt that all classes could use during the halloween update. It's a popular dance move, so it's probably a coincidence.
  • ttg_Stemmlettg_Stemmle Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    That's a taunt that all classes could use during the halloween update. It's a popular dance move, so it's probably a coincidence.

And here I though I was referencing Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey...

Mike "Old" Stemmle
  • edited July 2010

This was worth replaying the whole game to see
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010

It's the dance from Michal Jackson's "Thriller" video, isn't it? I think that's why zombies do it, and why it shows up in Halloween moments.
  • edited July 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    It's the dance from Micheal Jackson's "Thriller" video, isn't it?

Wow. I mean... "Get down with your "BAD" selves."

Come on, guys. TF2?!
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah that's what I thought... I don't even see any underwear lying there, and I can't do anything as Sam except move around. Stinks that it got removed from this version. Thanks guys.

I replayed the game (PC version) to find the golden shorts. They are not on the dock until the Dogglegangers are entering the warehouse.
  • edited July 2010
    Shoot the cavern of clone pods to hear various references to books, films, music, and calculators. It would have been fun to see the damaged pods especially Pod 58008.
  • edited July 2010
    In my attempt to find anything of interest to add to this list, I spent a lot of time torturing Sam in Dark Dimensions and making Charlie attack Sam & the Statue in his various incarnations. I was really disappointed when I shot the seance gong without summoning a Bermuda Triangle. Throughout all of Season 3 what I really miss is being able to drive the DeSoto around town randomly shooting things and scoring decals.
  • edited July 2010
    use charlie hoe tap on the clones in Stinky's dinner and listen for harry at the statue(he says "hey theirs no attic here" you did say that at the seance)
  • edited July 2010
    Try ventriloquism and mind-reading on Momma Bosco before talking to her about the tanks, then again once she has a body. And if you'd like the crude jokes to continue, try ventriloquism on Sam using Sam's voice during the final battle.
  • edited July 2010
    Oh, and there's one scene where Max says "For the lulz", but I sadly can't remember when D:

I remember hearing that on my first play through but missed it on my second, although I did all the puzzles in reverse order.

Did you getting to the central control platform without Mamma Bosco and used the microphone?
  • edited July 2010
    Why do people buy the Steam version? Is it cheaper? Easier to download? I'm confused - I've always got mine straight from Telltale...
  • edited July 2010
    Nothing like this.
    Cant throw my voice at statue.
    -When Stinkie walking after posession, her white eyes floating above her.
    -If you look on control platform closer and press on Stinkie you will avtomaticaly teleport there.
    -If you try to use rinoplasty on this platform you'll be teleported back to the main cave.

Really, what the hell?

A couple of things:
    1. It is hard to find the spot onscreen to throw your voice into the Statue of Liberty in the Telltale PC version. I am sure it is just the same for the Steam version.

2. All three of those others things happen in the Telltale PC version, so that would have to be a Beta as well.

EDIT:
    chemistx2 wrote: »
    Why do people buy the Steam version? Is it cheaper? Easier to download? I'm confused - I've always got mine straight from Telltale...

Probably a few reason, like preference of DRM, not knowing that you can buy it directly from the company, Steam sales (like the one that gave all Telltale Games games for $49.99), convenience of being able to launch all of one's games from one place, access to Steam Community while playing, and probably a few other things I can't think of. That said, I don't use Steam for anything that is available through some other method in which I would enjoy the controls.
  • edited July 2010
    chemistx2 wrote: »

Well remember this season telltale gave craploads of steam codes for the tf2 hats. Heck that is the ONLY reason i use the steam versions. My gaming laptop as i have stated before does not have a battery(strangly there was a recall but the battery had to have set on fire) and my charger unplugs easily so the steam version works since i can restart from where it was again. Not a valid reason but it is mine.
    EDIT: did you check the future visions on the dementional distbelizer there is a hilarious romeo and juliet like cutscene and somewhat of a monkey island reference(an item from tales appears)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.