The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited August 2011
    61sAR-wJBUL._SL500_.jpg

7469664.jpg

WalkingDead13.jpg

Both Borders had a ton of 13, the first store had two copies of 11 and one copy of 9 in shitty condition, and I managed to snag the only copy of 12 at the second Borders. So since the Compendium is volumes 1-8, I still need to pick up 9 and 10 before I can continue reading. But hey, they were half off.
  • edited August 2011
    batman-arkham-asylum-20050617100630246_640w.jpg
  • edited August 2011
    11540943_300x300_1.jpg
  • edited August 2011
    51p04lOLvlL.jpg
  • edited August 2011
    Watch Star Trek, god dammit.

wut??

Pants... I didn't peg you for a Star Trek fan.

You overestimate the science of Star Trek.

...seriously, most of it is just made up words for things that don't actually mean anything more than "Plot Convenience Ray".

umm... your point being?

Obviously, the idea of mixing matter with significantly obtainable amounts of antimatter in a controlled environment, and using a variant of lithium in crystalline form to control the explosive reaction is... preposterous at best.

Further, the fact that Trek's ability to travel or communicate with others at FTL speeds is completely dependent on the existence of "subspace" (otherwise known as "hyperspace" in other sci-fi related franchises) makes Trek's theories on the application of warp travel all the more suspect.

However, some of what they say isn't entirely nonsensical--such as the idea that if one could (theoretically) create a field around oneself such that their mass relative to surrounding space was nonexistent, then one would require very little thrust to travel extremely fast.

But again, it's only a TV show.
  • edited August 2011
    I purchased Borderlands from Steam for $5. Then I realized that a GOTY version existed, was available $7.50 (which includes all DLC), and that to buy the DLC alone for the standard version was also $7.50 (on top of $5 for the standard game).

I opened a Steam support question immediately (on Friday), asking Valve to exchange my standard copy for GOTY. They replied on Saturday by saying that if I gifted the GOTY version to my own email address, they would then refund me for the standard version. I did so.

They haven't removed the standard version from my account nor refunded me yet, but it was only just Saturday that this happened.
  • edited August 2011
    $375 on my existing student loans. One loan I consolidated to get a lower interest rate, which is now costing me $200. The other loan was for that extra semester I didn't realize I needed, which is sitting pretty at $100. The rest is for the semester following the one I failed, which is $75.

Per month, mind you.

And unless I find a job soon, I'll be broke by Christmas. Stupid loan company won't lower my monthly payments unless I'm actively employed or on Unemployment Benefits (which I'm not given the nature in which I lost my job).
  • edited August 2011
    OobCC.jpg

One is not like the others

And I'm not referring to the fact that Indy 4's cover is in Swedish.
  • edited August 2011
    Alex IDV wrote: »
    OobCC.jpg

Are you refering to the fact that only Indie 4 is silly and unwatchable for a person with an IQ that has 2 digits?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2011

One of the covers is neither by Richard Amsel NOR Drew Struzan?
  • edited August 2011

One has Sean Connery on the cover. I got it right, didn't I?
  • edited August 2011
    OobCC.jpg

The one on the right is a kid's movie.

I know what you're thinking: Why did I ruin the joke? BECAUSE IT WAS GETTING FUCKING OLD.
  • edited August 2011
    serious_sam_double_d_boxart-164x225.jpg

259ioax.png

WHY DO I KEEP DOING THIS TO MYSELF!!! D:
  • edited August 2011

I know what you're thinking: Why did I ruin the joke? BECAUSE IT WAS GETTING FUCKING OLD.

I thought that the answer was that you're Captain Obvious.
  • edited August 2011

It's a family movie, and a really good one, too ;)
  • edited August 2011

I think not even kids could like The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull. :D
    edited August 2011
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I think not even kids could like The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull. :D

Methinks the real problem is that so many kids actually DID like KotCS. Wow, that abbreviation is quite fitting in German, it's as close to Kotz as it gets. :D
  • edited August 2011
    Starwing.jpg
    All aircraft report.
  • edited August 2011
    Friar wrote: »
    Starwing.jpg
    All aircraft report.

You're becoming more like your father!
  • edited August 2011
    You're becoming more like your father!

Ahh! Help me!
    edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
    I assume you did not get that one on steam...
    Where did you get it and why?
    edited August 2011
    I listened to some of it on Youtube and loved it. And as an avid collector of VG music (the actual games they belong to were often only of secondary importance to me), I ordered the soundtrack here.

And yes, still no Steam for me. Instead, a physical CD of the soundtrack. Limited edition of 2500, probably sold out in a day or two... YAY!!!! :D
  • edited August 2011
    Methinks the real problem is that so many kids actually DID like KotCS. Wow, that abbreviation is quite fitting in German, it's as close to Kotz as it gets. :D

It wasn't THAT bad.
  • edited August 2011
    It wasn't THAT bad.

oh please.

@Vainamoinen: That might take a long while until the CD arrives in Germany (my Super Meat Boy Cd took forever to arrive) But you get the digital version too but the download will expire after a while (several months!). Be sure to grab it while you can.
    edited August 2011
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    oh please.

@Vainamoinen: That might take a long while until the CD arrives in Germany (my Super Meat Boy Cd took forever to arrive) But you get the digital version too but the download will expire after a while (several months!). Be sure to grab it while you can.

I'm listening to the digital variant RIGHT NOW, but thanks for the warning! ;)
    The OSTs are supposedly shipping around September 2nd, so I'll expect the arrival somewhere between September 15 and October 15... that should suffice.

I won't say much with respect to KotCS, but I can say that I left the cinema thoroughly depressed. I went in there almost determined to love the shit out of it, but my jaw did not only drop, but also wrap around my head with disbelief and disappointment during the movie.
  • edited August 2011
    I won't say much with respect to KotCS, but I can say that I left the cinema thoroughly depressed. I went in there almost determined to love the shit out of it, but my jaw did not only drop, but also wrap around my head with disbelief and disappointment during the movie.

I bought it on DVD for <9€ without knowing anything about it. I just wanted to complete my collection and then I saw that piece of... *Ihavenonicewordsforit*.
    God was I disappointed.

Oh on the SMB-Score: It took 2 months to arrive (I ordered after it was released, no preorder) but others in Germany got it a few days earlier. And the day I finally asked the support where my CD was it was in the mail a few hours later. :D
    edited August 2011
    I caught this movie in Leverkusen. In 2008, they had just demolished the old city hall there, and the theatre is directly adjacent. Let's just say the post-apocalyptic mood when I went home was perfect. ;)

...and all right, I'll give 'em till November. ;)
  • edited August 2011
    I caught this movie in Leverkusen. In 2008, they had just demolished the old city hall there, and the theatre is directly adjacent. Let's just say the post-apocalyptic mood when I went home was perfect. ;)

I was watching it at home, alone, by myself and was pretty confused to the end. I showed it to my cousin who liked it. But then again he thinks the old movies are boring. He is the same with Star Wars & the Prequels. HE is in the group of people these movies were made for.
    Needless to say that I stopped any communication with him by now.

I really liked the South Park episode about the movie though. They really figured out what was wrong with Kotz.
  • edited August 2011
    Welp

I haven't seen any Indy films before, except for Raiders of the Lost Ark. It was pretty cheap anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter all that much. I could consider it "something to complete the collection with", perhaps?

EDIT: And besides, I should watch it and get my own opinion anyway. Yeah, it's most likely really bad, at least compared to the first three films, but whatever. If I don't like it, I don't have to see all of it.
  • edited August 2011
    188655273-1.jpg

It's pretty amazing, isn't it? And yay for buying the actual CD version!
  • edited August 2011
    I liked KotCS. I still do. I actually watched it twice over the course of around 36 hours.
  • edited August 2011
    Wind%20Waker%20Kubrick%20Yujin%202002_0.preview.JPG
  • edited August 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Wind%20Waker%20Kubrick%20Yujin%202002_0.preview.JPG

Are those poseable?
  • edited August 2011
    Yes... yes they are... and their eyes move.. and they look awesome with Sam and Max... the other two Links are not shown here.. I left them bagged...

photoe5452b54da35cbd0bd.jpg
  • edited August 2011
    These are ALL pre-orders:

41tjVA8HTBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51701vTcoAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    61MswltO5RL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    41V8SIZmmPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    41Ef9dCeQsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    41NKruRVXQL._AA300_.jpg
    51%2BkYsiCzKL._AA300_.jpg
  • edited August 2011
    Most of those will be future purchases for me as well... you have great taste sir.
  • edited August 2011
    Unless you're buying from The Book Depository or something, isn't it not technically a purchase as they don't take your money until it ships? That also reminded me Paper Mario was delayed to 2012, so I've lost incentive to get a 3DS before the year ends.
  • edited August 2011
    Pre-orders: Mario Kart 7, Super Mario Bros 3D, Star Fox 3D, The new Prof Layton, Zelda Skyward Sword WM+ edition, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario 3DS, Devil Survivor 2, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Cave Story 3DS, Kirby Returns to Dreamland, and Twisted Metal.
  • edited August 2011
    Assassin's Creed II DLC. Sequence 12: Battle of Forli and Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities. Now I need to find a flash drive so I'll have the storage space for Brotherhood's DLC when I get to it, because my Xbox's memory unit is down to just over 1 GB without a hard drive.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.