The Last Item You Purchased?

edited June 2013 in General Chat
What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

Comments

• edited August 2010
    pretzel m&ms
  • edited August 2010
    Going postal Audio CD
  • edited August 2010
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. But right before that, I bought a brand new graphics card. :D
  • edited August 2010
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. But right before that, I bought a brand new graphics card. :D

So you bought a new graphics card, but instead of following it up with a new game, you bought... a book.
  • edited August 2010
    Going postal Audio CD
    Did you order it through the clacks?

Also for me it would be either 'The IT crowd Seasons 1-3' or 'Frequently Asked Questions about Time Travel'.
  • edited August 2010
    serweet wrote: »
    Did you order it through the clacks?

no they wouldnt seal it with a kiss
  • edited August 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    So you bought a new graphics card, but instead of following it up with a new game, you bought... a book.

Well, to be perfectly honest, I only had enough money for a book after buying the graphics card. It was sort of like that Christmas story where the wife sells her hair to buy her husband a fob watch chain and the husband sells his watch to buy her a comb.

But all the games I already own look much better now that they can be played in a higher resolution. And when I eventually get Starcraft 2, it will look gorgeous. :D
  • edited August 2010
    This lil' fella :D

41Vk%2BjrmVbL.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    Last Personal Purchase: $30 Visa Gift Card.

Last Family Purchase: A whole bunch of groceries.
  • edited August 2010
    that is cool what ever it is@clock toy thing
  • edited August 2010
    Some magic beans. All the seller wanted for them was my mule. Steal!
  • edited August 2010
    When I went to the heritage festival, at the French pavilion the woman had small bags of French treats... Stuff you don't find here and that's tricky to import. I grabbed one assortment bag right away. Calissons, berlingots, carambars, pastilles vichy, nougat...
    It made me so happy ^_^

Actually, I'm going to have some now. I hadn't so much as opened it yet.
  • edited August 2010
    Some Jonathan Coulton songs.
  • edited August 2010
    I just bought something right not off play.com I got it cheep cos its 2nd hand and free delivery

51TOGDIpQSL._SS500_.jpg
    It covers the amazing Wrestling career(not his movie one) of The Rock
  • edited August 2010
    Modnation racers for my son's birthday
  • edited August 2010
    Jeff Lindsay's Dexter omnibus. It's the first three books. Twas very cheap so I'm happy.

I also bought an excellent book about lucid dreaming last week off amazon. It's called Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen Laberge. At around £5, I'd recommend it to anyone who's interested.
  • edited August 2010
    Last thing I bought was a pack of cigarettes

Last interesting thing I bought however was The Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett
  • edited August 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Last interesting thing I bought however was The Unseen Academics by Terry Pratchett

When this book came out I felt like Christmas had come early, especially because it came out right after a string of killer midterms.
  • edited August 2010
    I haven't read that yet but I'm sure it has lots of football jokes and analogies that'll be lost on me.
  • edited August 2010
    It was sort of like that Christmas story where the wife sells her hair to buy her husband a fob watch chain and the husband sells his watch to buy her a comb.

Haha! That's a funny little story! I've never heard it before.

The last thing I bought was a packet of crisps. Before that a 12 pack of toilet rolls. I really can't remember the last most interesting thing I bought.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, to be perfectly honest, I only had enough money for a book after buying the graphics card. It was sort of like that Christmas story where the wife sells her hair to buy her husband a fob watch chain and the husband sells his watch to buy her a comb.

so thats where the futrama jokes from
  • edited August 2010
    Why are people buying books? Is there a decrease on the wave of today's media? :D
  • edited August 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    Haha! That's a funny little story! I've never heard it before.
    You sure? The Gift of the Magi is a pretty well-known(and commonly copied and parodied) short story.
  • edited August 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    I haven't read that yet but I'm sure it has lots of football jokes and analogies that'll be lost on me.

Nah, he knows he's writing for nerds :D
  • edited August 2010
    You sure? The Gift of the Magi is a pretty well-known(and commonly copied and parodied) short story.

Fairly sure. I have a good memory for things like that. Perhaps I've heard a variation, but I can't think of anything like it. Thanks for giving me its name though. Now I can go and google it and hopefully read it!

EDIT: Found a copy online and can safely say I have never heard that story before. It was a good one though!
  • edited August 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    Why are people buying books? Is there a decrease on the wave of today's media? :D

Books aren't media?
  • edited August 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    Books aren't media?

I meant like, the media that people watch and play and figure it's more worthwhile then books.
  • edited August 2010
    I meant like, the media that people watch and play and figure it's more worthwhile then books.

books_are_awesome_invitation-p1610414913354574702diuo_400.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    jacobmang wrote: »
    Oddly I just bought a book too. Contact, by Carl Sagan.

Ooh, I was thinking of getting that a while ago after watching his Cosmos documentary.

Well those people figured wrong :P
  • edited August 2010
    Last item I purchased?
    logo_small.gif
    HEEEEEELL YEAH
  • edited August 2010
    Will be a new graphic tablet that won't suck and die in only 1 year of usage.
  • edited August 2010
    last item i purchased was a used copy of fire emblem
  • edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Will be a new graphic tablet that won't suck and die in only 1 year of usage.

A Wacom?
  • edited August 2010
    Bought several games actually.

Divine Divinity.
    Beyond Divinity.
    Titan Quest: Gold Edition. (Encluding Titan Quest and Immortal Throne).
    Avencast: Rise of the Mage.
  • edited August 2010
    A ticket to see Inception.
  • edited August 2010
    Last item I purchased?
    logo_small.gif
    HEEEEEELL YEAH

Same.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh hey movie tickets are game? Then tickets to see this.
  • edited August 2010
    The last thing I purchased was a five gallon bucket of paint in the color Sandstone Cove, which is basically white with a very slight red hue to it. We'd run out of our first bucket and I was sent on a paint run. That was...Sunday? I also picked up a roll of painting tape and a pack of dust masks on that trip.

Today we started painting the main color on the house (Amazon Moss) and finished up the first of three buckets. It's looking really nice. Also, today my grandpa picked up 8 more rolls of various tapes for us on his way over, so that's the last thing he purchased. I think we just might have enough tape now.
  • edited August 2010
    Well excluding food for the family.... a new skateboard.
  • edited August 2010
    Strum and Drang for RB DLC by KMFDM.
    Best $2 spent.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.