The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    I kinda got the episodes at different points, I used a Free episode Token on two of them and bought the rest at different times, so, the only discount I could get was the Season Upgrade one, if I tried to apply anything else it just kept giving me the Season Upgrade + DVD, so went with that, because I might as well get Season 2 on DVD if I have Season 1 and Season 3 on it's way.

If it didn't automatically give you the season two DVD for free, you could've just emailed support and they'd have fixed it for you, you didn't have to spend an extra $30 to get the DVD. (unless you had some of the episodes on Steam or something like that)

In fact, you may still want to email support and see if they can refund you for the extra episodes you didn't need. :)
  • edited September 2010
    Sam & Max Season 2: Beyond Time And Space DVD
  • edited September 2010
    I just made an amazon order and bought the following CD's:

Slash's Snakepit - "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere"
    Slash's Snakepit - "Ain't Life Grand"
    Dream Theater - "Train of Thought"

The items only cost about $11. The shipping cost about $22. Don't you just hate that?
  • edited September 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    I just made an amazon order and bought the following CD's:

Slash's Snakepit - "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere"
    Slash's Snakepit - "Ain't Life Grand"
    Dream Theater - "Train of Thought"

The items only cost about $11. The shipping cost about $22. Don't you just hate that?

Yeah... especially considering that you wasted your money on the Slash's Snakepit albums.

They most certainly are not Slash's best work.
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah... especially considering that you wasted your money on the Slash's Snakepit albums.

They most certainly are not Slash's best work.

Actually, I've had them downloaded for years, and I actually really enjoy those albums. Sure, they aren't up to the same standard as AFD or the UYI albums, but they sure beat anything that Velvet Revolver produced (except for maybe 'Slither'), and they're miles better than 'The Spaghetti Incident?'.

Edit: I also think that I'd rate them better than his solo album, just.
  • edited September 2010
    Starbursts can work as painkillers!

I bought a top hat

My Mum's foot says Panadene Forte is much better... So I ate the Starbursts...

My latest purchase was only an attempt... tried to buy 3 Chuck t-shirts, but the postage was $24! I will have to earn more monies...
  • edited September 2010
    The bundle today. A few days ago I bought Poker Night pre-order with Cow Race and Puzzle Agent -25%.
  • edited September 2010
    51iFcDH-9wL._SS500_.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    I bought Where's Wally(Waldo): The fantastic journey travel pack 1 for dsi ware
  • edited September 2010
    Poker Night at the Inventory. And a Max and Crossbones shirt, just because. :D
  • edited September 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    I'm am doing to

I just did the same aswell.
  • edited September 2010
    Last thing I bought... Well, that would be this!
    overview_hero1_20100901.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    ^ Awesome! :)

Hmm, if not counting my Telltale order (that is, Devil's Playhouse DVD and signed poster) I bought..

Alan Wake. And Xbox 360. Something I've been dreaming of for a while now.

Xbox is still wrapped in it's box because my big exams are just about to start. But it's there, sitting in the corner of my room, ready to be taken out once I'm done with all this school stuff. Now that's a motivating reward! ;)
  • edited September 2010
    Today I bought my school lunch, a bag of Baked Ruffles's chips, a bag of Baked Hot Cheetos and two Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-Tarts for $4.75. It would have been less (as I have free lunch), but I went to the Express Cart today and they don't have free lunch.

On Saturday, I bought Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, Poker Night at The Inventory, and a Flaming Max Cap (Black). I'm downloading the final episode and I'm enjoying the game so far. :)
  • edited September 2010
    VVVVVV on Steam.

vvvvvv_lies.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    The Great Adventure Bundle! I feel good. I benefited myself, Telltale, and a charity... to a small degree.
  • edited September 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    VVVVVV on Steam.

vvvvvv_lies.jpg

it looks like a very early little big planet
  • edited September 2010
    Recettear. The demo was fun, so tomorrow I'll be playing the full game.
  • edited September 2010
    This.

dEkPs.png

I was looking for the "Now You're Playing With Power!" poster, since I never got one because my parents always bought used games: carts only. I tried to find it by searching for NES game listings that contained posters, and this popped up, and it was one of those times when you're not looking for something but you know that you need it when you see it.
  • edited September 2010
    Ah, so you did buy it in the end? Congrats! :)
  • edited September 2010
    A HTC Desire, damn it's got a lot of stuff on it. Going to take me weeks to learn how to use it properly. :p
  • edited September 2010
    I just preordered it on WWE.com useing birthday money.

44073X.jpg

hehe it cost a lot especialy with postage but I rly rly want it and couldn't resist XD
  • edited September 2010
    the_librarian_trilogy.jpg

And yes, I had to scan it myself because the internet is full of scrubs incapable of putting up a HIGH RES VERSION OF THE FREAKING BOX.
  • edited September 2010
    I just found out on that autograph i got is a piece of the ladder used in his match!! and its got a seal of authenticity signed by Vince McMahon.
  • edited September 2010
    GaryCXJk, great buy! I've only got the first movie, but I'm going to get the other two soon...
  • edited September 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    the_librarian_trilogy.jpg

And yes, I had to scan it myself because the internet is full of scrubs incapable of putting up a HIGH RES VERSION OF THE FREAKING BOX.

Oh my god, isn't Kyle McLachlan the villain in one of those?
  • edited September 2010
    The Librarian is AWESOME!

AWESOME!!

Oh, yeah, and the last thing I bought recently was this-

sega_genesis.jpg&t=1

along with Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and The Adventures of Batman and Robin.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, I bought quite a bit of stuff recently.

Chocolate Ice Cream Cone, School Lunches, Golf Bag, Adventure Bundle, and PA Ep. 2.

Anyone want a Visa gift card with 8 cents left on it?

EDIT: And TDP Dvd, of course.
  • edited September 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    well, i bought quite a bit of stuff recently.

Chocolate ice cream cone, school lunches, golf bag, adventure bundle, and pa ep. 2.

Anyone want a visa gift card with 8 cents left on it?

Edit: And tdp dvd, of course.

you bought an ice cream cone online?
  • edited September 2010
    you bought an ice cream cone online?

I heard there's places where you can buy goods in person, but it's an old urban legend really
  • edited September 2010
    Breakfast. but that barely counts.

but before that I got Pepsi Throwback and a big thing of Mounds candy for my mom. She loves Mounds and can't have Almond Joys.

Good thing too, she really needed/wanted those the day after I got them. and yes, she really does need candy sometimes.
  • edited September 2010
    I've been making way more purchases than is financially sound lately. I got a front-loading NES for $15 at a convention and have since been purchasing games and accessories for the thing like a madman.
  • edited September 2010
    I've been making way more purchases than is financially sound lately. I got a front-loading NES for $15 at a convention and have since been purchasing games and accessories for the thing like a madman.

I'm curious. There are non front-loading NESes? I thought they were all that way.
  • edited September 2010
    Painkillers...again... This time for me. There must be a broken mirror somewhere in this house!
  • edited September 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I'm curious. There are non front-loading NESes? I thought they were all that way.

7087.JPG
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks, Shodan. RD actually answered me on MSN, which led to a discussion and the discovery that France had the North American NES (front loaded) and the Japanese SNES. Design-wise, that is.
  • edited September 2010
    Oddly enough, ammo and a Mr. Pibb.

7087.JPG
    Oh, fuck everything about the top-loaders. Sure, they might be region free, but they have none of the inherent nostalgia of the NES front loader. As far as I'm concerned, the top loader is rubbish.

RUBBISH!
  • edited September 2010
    Oddly enough, ammo and a Mr. Pibb.

Oh, fuck everything about the top-loaders. Sure, they might be region free, but they have none of the inherent nostalgia of the NES front loader. As far as I'm concerned, the top loader is rubbish.

RUBBISH!

By nostalgia, you mean that you don't have to blow into the cartridges until you pass out before it will read them? :p
  • edited September 2010
    By nostalgia, you mean that you don't have to blow into the cartridges until you pass out before it will read them? :p

It's part of the experience, dammit!
  • edited September 2010
    Nah, he meant not having to use an RF jack and instead being able to use RCA, which can split the mono sound to multiple speakers. Also, while that is an issue with many older systems, it becomes far less of a problem if you replace the 72-pin connector. New ones are extremely cheap to buy and very easy to install. Also, keeping your carts protected and routinely cleaned can reduce the risk of this error.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.