First concept art / character models (plus some voice actor confirmation)

13»

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Woah... I wasn't too phased when BTTF and JP were announced.. but this has gotten me a little excited. Curse you Telltale and your awesome talent!!
  • edited September 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    Interesting! But when I click on the link it takes me to NBC-Uni page, which remains the same as when they announced it.

Yeah, same. maybe the BTTF minisite will be launched during PAX.

Update!

http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf

From the teaser site;

delorean.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    That's so cool! They just need to add some sound effects and the music and it will be perfect!

Oh, and I tried telltalegames.com/jp but it doesn't work yet :p
  • edited September 2010
    I tried it too, hoping it might be a game about me.

No luck.
  • edited September 2010
    I hope the release date is in October 26th.
  • edited September 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    delorean.jpg

I just had a braingasm! I hope the car in game looks that beautiful! :eek:

I love the art style they showed, just what I imagined a stylized Marty and Doc should look like! They got their essence spot on! Great work team, you are already making me proud!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2010
    ...but I really hope they don't call this "Back to the Future - The Game". That sounds like "Spaceballs - The Toilet Paper", really. :D
  • edited September 2010
    Although i'm not interested in the game, i'm still surprised that the characters look rather awful.
  • edited September 2010
    Full of awe? Wouldn't you be after sending a car through time?
  • edited September 2010
    Reminds me of Sparkassen-Grafik...
  • edited September 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    delorean.jpg

YES!!!! Oh my gosh that just makes me so HAPPY!!! Maybe this game will take us on an episodic journey back to the events of Part I?
    taumel wrote: »
    Although i'm not interested in the game, i'm still surprised that the characters look rather awful.

Seriously? I think they look pretty cool, Doc is creepy yes but Marty looks awesome.
    edited September 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    Reminds me of Sparkassen-Grafik...

That's exactly one google hit. ;)
  • edited September 2010
    I saw the artwork on the teaser site, and Marty looks nice, but Doc scared the (beep!) out of me! :eek:
  • edited September 2010
    leon101 wrote: »
    I saw the artwork on the teaser site, and Marty looks nice, but Doc scared the (beep!) out of me! :eek:

Yeah, Doc looks a little undead. Like the concept art though, I'm more excited about this that JP even though I prefer JP as a film.
  • edited September 2010
    Woah! Great! I love it!
  • edited September 2010
    Kind of a dumb question, but I just gotta ask... This will be on PC, right?

Sorry, but after Deathspank, I've been worried about this happening to other companies. Also, this is way bigger than anything Telltale's ever done.
    edited September 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    Kind of a dumb question, but I just gotta ask... This will be on PC, right?

Yes, this is for PC (but not exclusively!!). ;)
  • edited September 2010
    Hello world!

I have to admit, I've been lurking around for some time, and if you know me (which you probably don't) you know how much I loved the Back to the Future trilogy. So upon hearing about this new game, it only makes sense that I'd be excited. Very excited, in fact. And I don't know if I could be any more excited when the game comes out, hopefully for the PC as well as consoles, which I, unfortunately don't have. What I do have, however, are lots of things to say about this new concept art.

First off, Marty. He looks pretty good but I'd like to see more than just that grin on his face the whole time, let alone half the time.. Okay. Maybe a fifth of the time. It's not exactly that expression I remember him for, though, but if Telltale can nail that thing down (which I trust them to), it's all good.

Then there's Doc Brown. Not quite ideal. To tell you the truth, he looks a lot more like the main antagonist than a protagonist. I mean, it would be.. interesting if he was in some mysterious plot somewhere in the game's timeline but if that's so I can see a horror-movie cliche coming from miles away (cue manical laughter, lightning strikes, followed by dramatic musical sting). Put simply, he just doesn't look like himself. Perhaps some rough illustrations would further convince me that Doc isn't going to be a zombie.

And the Delorean. I think it's safe to say, it's awesome. Nuff said.

Regardless, I'm still looking forward to the occasion!
  • edited September 2010
    I have to admit, I've been lurking around for some time, and if you know me (which you probably don't) So upon hearing about this new game, it only makes sense that I'd be excited. Very excited, in fact. And I don't know if I could be any more excited when the game comes out, hopefully for the PC as well as consoles, which I, unfortunately don't have. What I do have, however, are lots of things to say about this new concept art.

Don't worry about Marty. The grin on the artwork is only there so we think "Wow it looks like Micheal J fox" right away, to make things clear : the game will feature the actors' likeness.

Telltale, even when their models are sometimes somwhat off, always make an incredible job for the emotions of the characters. (and their latest releases also had nice models)

Marty will be exacly as he should.

As for Doc, don't forget he's an excentric. He's not supposed to look "funny" or "nice", he's supposed to look like some weird scientific who is isolated and doesn't have any friends, who is spending his days working on crazy things.

I'd say the only thing wrong about his art is the colour. He, indeed, looks like a zombie. But the art itself is actually pretty good in my opinion.

I prefer that compared to Western Doc.
  • edited September 2010
    That's exactly one google hit. ;)
    Which, i suppose, makes the critic even more valuable... ;O)
  • edited September 2010
    I hope they put in a DOTT reference. Just one joke, and I can die happy.
    edited September 2010
    0xym0ron wrote: »
    Then there's Doc Brown. Not quite ideal. To tell you the truth, he looks a lot more like the main antagonist than a protagonist. Put simply, he just doesn't look like himself. Perhaps some rough illustrations would further convince me that Doc isn't going to be a zombie.

I have got to admit: Doc always was a bit scary. The way he approached Marty, eyes wide, shoulders up, whispering intensely... he was supposed to be. That doesn't mean that the illustration hits the nail on the head, though. There's definitly room for improvement in the final model!

...gotta do more facial studies. ;)
  • edited September 2010
    ...but doc looks great! Better than marty, I think.
    edited September 2010
    keeperxiii wrote: »
    ...but doc looks great! Better than marty, I think.

During the last two months, I've drawn about 10 Doc Browns and 30 Marty attempts, and believe me: Getting Doc's likeness is so_much_easier than Marty's. ;)
  • edited September 2010
    ...but I really hope they don't call this "Back to the Future - The Game". That sounds like "Spaceballs - The Toilet Paper", really. :D

To me it sounds consistent with Back to the Future - The Ride, and Back to the Future - The Animated Series... so it works for me
  • edited September 2010
    You can see a glimpse of in-game Marty (and a bunch of other very interesting characters) in this PAX Make A Scene panel clip.

Jake did mention the Tycho model's not finished, and obviously they all ring-in voices;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHFZ-Ecd_ek
  • edited September 2010
    AAHHH!! It's such a tease to only see the Marty's back.

On the flip side of the Universal coin, that Velociraptor looks great.
    edited September 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    To me it sounds consistent with Back to the Future - The Ride, and Back to the Future - The Animated Series... so it works for me

It's just so UNCREATIVE!

7614ff28-cb1b-4be7-9d5a-2da150b45be6.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    Lost: The Game is still a better title than Lost: Via Domus. Ugh. Morphology! Grammar! Latin has grammar! It's not enough to just spend five minutes looking up nominative forms in a dictionary! It should be Via Domum. Domum!

</angry Classics student rant>
  • edited September 2010
    The video game is called Via Domus, but there's a board game that is actually called Lost: The Game
  • edited September 2010
    I can't help but get excited about this game. Maybe I should re-watch the trilogy again while a wait *cracks out the DVDs of the movies*
  • edited September 2010
    As I was saying in a duplicate thread, I *love* the style of these illustrations. Presumably, they'll only provide modelling guidance when they're re-constructed in 3D, but wouldn't it be great if the game engine were able to imitate that illustrated cartoony texture? To be honest I'm *not* crazy about flat cell shaders -- but if it had some of those real 2D media qualities: brush strokes, thick/thin pen lines, paint on paper texture --all certainly possible with some creative use of shaders and textures-- wouldn't that be nice? ...well wouldn't it?

[EDIT] Having reviewed some of the posts here, I realize I'm a little late... oops! ...But thrilled to hear the illustrations really are how the game will look!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.