"Poker Night" Print Petition

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Sure it sucks, never said it didn't, but I want to be able to trust telltale. So I'd rather they didn't go around lying about stuff like that.
    If you had asked me before they announced it as exclusive, I would have voted for it to be available at the store, but it's too late for that now.

For the record, Telltale have never said anything about its exclusivity either way. We have only got this information from the artist's blog and he could be mistaken.
  • edited September 2010
    ^And he only said it's exclusive to pax right now, not forever.
  • edited September 2010
    Zonino wrote: »
    Also oh look, the forums complaining about exclusives again. We should make this a national passtime, seriously.
    Maybe we should just get rid of exclusives all together.

Then everyone can be happy. Regardless if they are PC, PS3, Euro, US or Asian.
  • edited September 2010
    Maybe we should just get rid of exclusives all together.

Yeah, exclusivity is overrated.
  • edited September 2010
    +1 for a wide version.
  • edited September 2010
    I wish a Telltale employee would just come in here and set the record straight as to whether this is exclusive. ...please?
  • edited September 2010
    I wish a Telltale employee would just come in here

Hey Everybody!
    ________
    Ford EDIS
  • edited September 2010
    seher wrote: »
    Hey Everybody!

Hi there!
    Can we get some history trivia?
  • edited September 2010
    Hi there!

Sure!

I just had a discussion earlier with Psy about Ergotism. We both play League of Legends and they just introduced a character named Urgot, which reminded me of the theory that Ergot poisoning was what caused the hallucinations that led to people believing that people were possessed and/or witches during the medieval witch hunts and the Salem witch trials (for Salem this has been disproven but the medieval hunts were so widespread there were a lot of factors and this was probably one of them).
    ________
    Dodge Daytona history
  • edited September 2010
    seher wrote: »
    Hey Everybody!
    Hi there!

Neither of you are helping. ;_;
  • edited September 2010
    Signed! This is the coolest artwork so far (except the Purcell Season two cover art). I almost think that that pic will be better than the game.
  • edited September 2010
    Neither of you are helping. ;_;

Okay, then what about this?:
    PAX Special: Going to the show? Pre-order Poker Night at the Inventory at the Telltale Games booth 3509 and receive an exclusive poster. Offer good only at the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) in Seattle, Washington, Sept. 3-5, 2010.
  • edited September 2010
    *sad puppy*
  • edited September 2010
    IT SHOULD REMAIN EXCLUSIVE. How DARE they break the bond of trust of con-goers everywhere? I SAY NAY.

Also don't worry guys, I got a friend to snag me a copy of the print. Still, it IS on sale. For the low, low sum of
    ONE MILLION DOLLARS! :guybrush:
  • edited September 2010
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

(Don't you mean 100 billion dollars?)
  • edited September 2010
    Signed anyway!
  • edited September 2010
    Okay, then what about this?:

Yeah, I just got that email too. Lame. :(
  • edited September 2010
    Maybe not a print... but I'd KILL for a T-shit with that drawing on it!!
  • SalSal
    edited September 2010
    I'll sign if it will help make you guys happy! :)
  • edited September 2010
    Why are people so butthurt about the fact that it might "lose" exclusivity? That's a good thing, it would then be available to more people. How does this affect you in a negative way at all? Get over yourselves.
  • edited September 2010
    Eh, usually I wouldn't ever sign a petition for anything, but that poster is too badass. So, signed. And for people saying that exclusivity is important, remember, you got it for free. We would pay for it.
  • edited September 2010
    Also don't worry guys, I got a friend to snag me a copy of the print. Still, it IS on sale.

yeah, even if they do start selling em online, your copy is still signed.

/douchebag
  • edited September 2010
    Signed :D That poster's epic!
  • edited September 2010
    SIGNED, i love the idea of a gun fight between max and heavy.
  • edited September 2010
    Update?
  • edited September 2010
    signed
  • edited September 2010
    Signed. I had the exclusive rug pulled out from under me with Tales and the Deluxe Edition so it's only fair.
  • edited September 2010
    Happily signed.
  • edited September 2010
    Signed, they could just coincide its release with the release of the actual game itself.
  • edited September 2010
    Signed.
  • edited September 2010
    hellyeah! signed.
  • edited November 2010
    meh I got mine at pax :)
  • edited November 2010
    As of right now, this is still a PAX Exclusive item, but that's not to say we haven't seen this thread.

And to play devil's advocate, like many have mentioned in the thread, wouldn't you be upset if something you thought was exclusive became available to the masses? I know when I've gone to Comic-Cons in years past, bought an item I was explicitly told would be exclusive to the con and then a month later saw the same item on sale online, with the Comic-Con exclusive sticker smacked on it - yeah I was pretty upset.
  • edited November 2010
    And to play devil's advocate, like many have mentioned in the thread, wouldn't you be upset if something you thought was exclusive became available to the masses?

Nah, great things that I like should be shared. As long as I don't pay extra because it was "SUPER SECRET!! EXCEPT TO SEXY HANDSOME PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF" a month prior then it's all good

The slip-case for TOMI DVD was supposed to be an exclusive for pre-orders but now available to everyone who splashes out for the deluxe edition, just to play devils advocate :p
  • edited November 2010
    I feel I understand both sides, but I wasn't at PAX so I personally would want one too.
    How about at least releasing it in full wallpaper sizes for my desktop?
  • edited November 2010
    People would still go to cons without also getting exclusive hideously rare items (that many of them then go home and ebay for great profit), so I am fully against con exclusives.

I would guess that a vast majority of fans don't go to the cons, and even the ones that do can't make it to EVERY con, so it just makes it a lot harder if you're trying to collect cool merch/swag.
  • edited November 2010
    As of right now, this is still a PAX Exclusive item, but that's not to say we haven't seen this thread.

And to play devil's advocate, like many have mentioned in the thread, wouldn't you be upset if something you thought was exclusive became available to the masses? I know when I've gone to Comic-Cons in years past, bought an item I was explicitly told would be exclusive to the con and then a month later saw the same item on sale online, with the Comic-Con exclusive sticker smacked on it - yeah I was pretty upset.

Actually not really. About all I do is rub it in my friends face for 2 months then help them find copies on the 'net. Like I was upset one of my figurines was a limited edition because all my friends wanted it. And I want a Persona 3 PVC but they're hard to come by, especially for Main character and Fuuka.
    I hate unfair exclusives. Limited runs of something you know everyone's going to want (See Sam and Max comic collection) is just unfair. It's basically a "HA! You weren't fast enough to buy this, so Eff off."
    Pre-order bonuses just about everyone has a fair shot at aslong as they're not like "Oh hey, game comes out in an hour if you pre-ordered it you get this" type of crap. Hell even then you can just released it altered. Do you think I care that because I pre-ordered Skate 3 I got an "Exclusive" skate park that everyone else got to pay for? Pfft, no. You think I care that Digital Devil Saga is being reprinted (a rare SMT game) so everyone can enjoy it? No. Do I care that my CD I got for pre-ordering a game everyone can get by filling out a form? Eh, a bit because it delayed my getting my replacement CD, but still overall no.
    I find this type of exclusive greed to be pointless. What if everyone who bought Devil's Playhouse got the Sam and Max items? I'd be very happy! Then people would stop pestering me for my items, and my fiance who quit targetting me for wearing them, along with half the other team. Exclusives are nice, but never needed. I could understand getting them for free, and selling to everyone else. Or selling others altered versions (like I mentioned above), but just keeping it to a select few people who were able to go to a limited space con (which costs a lot to go to, and/or couldn't make due to work or school) is BS. It's even more so unfair to your European and Asian fans. Hell, even that crap pulled with Devil's Playhouse where we got a very limited time frame for the pre-order bonuses was crap.[If my memory recalls right] The fact that my BlazBlue stick is a limited edition also bugs me because they marked the price up (I got it for $60 though) and everytime I bring it to school everyone tries to use it no matter what because it's a LE. Which really annoys me because people will try to use it with Panda Express or Chik-Fi-la in their laps and BBQ sauce all over their hands.
  • edited November 2010
    I never feel THAT special when I have something that others don't. As much as I enjoy my collection of TF2 hats and promotional items, I feel like I would be so far behind if I started TF2 now than I did 3 years ago. Some of those things would be impossible to get. At least this is the case for in-game exclusives. I don't care for the commercials that advertise, "pre-order now and get the exclusive in-game item!" At least in poker night, people will have a chance to get the Lugermorph again. Then again, Pre-orders atleast gives everyone a chance to get the items. (lousy gentlemann's service medal...)

That said I do like the Telltale preorders: free episodes, discounts, message board, DVD slip case, and sometimes TF2 items.
  • edited November 2010
    Signed.

Not really. Although admittedly as a european, we rarely get exclusive limited edition stuff thrown our way when it comes to video games. However when we do, I won't go bragging to other people who can't get it. Maybe that's because I know how it feels not to be able to get something due to exclusivity, or even them just not bothering bringing it over.

As much as I would love to visit comic con, PAX and many other big conventions which are located in America. Not all of us can afford paying £1000 for the trip.
  • edited November 2010
    considering it got listed as "exclusive", its exclusive. and wont happen. sorry, but dont get your hopes up. tho i'd love to get one :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.