Enter to Win Sam & Max - The Devil's Playhouse and Puzzle Agent In This Thread

124»

Comments

• edited September 2010
    More, More. I need to win something. Congrats to everyone.
  • edited September 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    Ah... I remember Telltale Tuesdays...

what is telltale tuesday
  • edited September 2010
    Little disapointed but oh wells! What were the pictures judged on?
    Delorean55 wrote: »
    The contest was good and I hope theres more, but Im a bit disappointed that the judging advice was a bit misleading

What do you mean by this? What judging advice?
  • edited September 2010
    It just seem like the winning entries werent anything like the advice or rules set out. I didn't think gifs were allowed and almost all the winning pics looked nothing like the examples of what he said he after.

I just hope that next time judging is a bit clearer as I was very sad when I don't win even when I follow the rules more then other
  • edited September 2010
    oh cmon stay positive and besides he said your best "worst" photoshop which probably means your worst idea in your best photoshop or the other way around, don't worry there are more contests, stay positive its a contest you know.
  • edited September 2010
    Delorean55 wrote: »
    It just seem like the winning entries werent anything like the advice or rules set out. I didn't think gifs were allowed and almost all the winning pics looked nothing like the examples of what he said he after.

I just hope that next time judging is a bit clearer as I was very sad when I don't win even when I follow the rules more then other

Sometimes it's better to be creative and to think outside the box than it is to strictly follow the rules. Especially when the rules are vague.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Rules were very vague down to the point that "best idea wins" was never even announced anywhere. Better luck next time, DeLorean55. And I mean LUCK! ;)
  • edited September 2010
    Rules were very vague down to the point that "best idea wins" was never even announced anywhere. Better luck next time, DeLorean55. And I mean LUCK! ;)

I thought the second Dr. Who one was the best, but I think the first one won just for having posted first, regardless of comparative quality. (No offense to the person that did the first one)
  • edited September 2010
    I thought the second Dr. Who one was the best, but I think the first one won just for having posted first, regardless of comparative quality. (No offense to the person that did the first one)

I disagree. I think the first one was the best Dr. Who chop. There is some very good shadowing effects added by the creator of that one. More than just the normal drop-shadow effect.
  • edited September 2010
    Spykes wrote: »
    I disagree. I think the first one was the best Dr. Who chop. There is some very good shadowing effects added by the creator of that one. More than just the normal drop-shadow effect.

I thought the concept for the second was more elaborate.
  • edited September 2010
    Sometimes it's better to be creative and to think outside the box than it is to strictly follow the rules. Especially when the rules are vague.

What? So your saying in contests to do the opposite of the advice given by the judge?

Its no big deal, Im just a lil sad that I tried to follow the judge advice and then the people who won were the ones who didn't really.

Just bums me out
  • edited September 2010
    I don't really see how you think you were mislead. Alan gave an example of the sort of thing he was looking for in the first post and gave more examples later on. Your entry was fine, and I don't see how it's any more in line with the (pretty minimal) rules than any other entry.
  • edited September 2010
    I don't really see how you think you were mislead. Alan gave an example of the sort of thing he was looking for in the first post and gave more examples later on. Your entry was fine, and I don't see how it's any more in line with the (pretty minimal) rules than any other entry.

Not that I'm overly fussed because it's over and done with. But Delorean55 makes a point.

I don't think there is any comparison with what he posted there...
    Ok, so these two 'entries' in the contest are not actual entries at all, just some examples of the kind of stuff I'm looking for in the contest that a couple of my friends put together! I've seen some great entries from you guys so far, so keep up the good work!
    4994025829_4cff61dcdd_z.jpg

And what for example this one

inb0zts12kj253a2c6p.jpg

or even

97s7q8.jpg

They just seem alot more basic is all. I dont necessarilly think mine were better, but I do think there were much more creative ones than a few of the people's who won.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, it IS a bad photoshop contest, basic was not necessarily a bad thing when it was more about the idea than the actual shop. I do think that the examples he posted may have given a wrong impression to some though.
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah what mcfly said.

All the people who won are deserve it so pls don't think Im trying to take away from your drawings, Winners, but the pics posted by the judge of "What were looking for" seemed to be totally different from what actually won.

It just make me sad that I think people would have more of chance if they didn't pay that post any attention :(
    edited September 2010
    Oh, it's all about winning nowadays. What about the fun of it?

Could anyone post more of this great stuff, even though there's nothing to win left but the community's heart-warming approval? :D
  • edited September 2010
    With all respect the prize was a very important part of it. I even tried to free up room on my HD to fit the game so I think of course many people will be disappoint when they think that there was a flaw with the contest :(
  • edited September 2010
    Hey Delorean55 (and everyone else), there's another contest to enter at the Poker Night at the Inventory boards! Same prizes!
    edited September 2010
    I really think there's already a winner in that thread. ;)
  • edited September 2010
    Hey Alan. What the hell. Just got here, did I win or what?
  • edited September 2010
    Hey Alan. What the hell. Just got here, did I win or what?

Sorry. You did not win. In fact, you are disqualified from every contest in the history and future of Telltale Games.
  • edited September 2010
    Sorry. You did not win. In fact, you are disqualified from every contest in the history and future of Telltale Games.

I really hope he doesn't take that seriously.

EDIT: Although, he didn't even enter, so...?
  • edited September 2010
    I really hope he doesn't take that seriously.

EDIT: Although, he didn't even enter, so...?

Haha! He's my buddy (which is why he can never win a contest) that made the Hawkman, Dengar, Robo-Cop image! All jokes!
  • edited September 2010
    Congrats to all who won and good luck with the next contest.
  • edited September 2010
    mcfly88 wrote: »
    And what for example this one

inb0zts12kj253a2c6p.jpg

or even

[IMG][/img]My Entry (The Puzzle Agent one)

They just seem alot more basic is all. I dont necessarilly think mine were better, but I do think there were much more creative ones than a few of the people's who won.
    Not cool. Just because I didn't put the Delorean in a different setting or anything doesn't make my entry less valid than anything else. I have tons of Photoshop experience and I could have done anything, but that's the idea I had and that's how I wanted to do it. Now that I think about it, I could have put them in the actual scene from Puzzle Agent, but it would have almost the same effect. I think what I entered is better. It fits the 'Message Board Photoshop' look more. It's a little more subtle and silly.

My photoshop for the Poker Night contest is a very different approach (which I submitted for fun, even though I can't win). That was just a different idea that required different kind of 'shopping.

And thanks for all the congrats, everyone. I'm finishing Season Two so I can delve into The Devil's Playhouse soon. :D
  • edited September 2010
    Darkmire wrote: »
    Not cool. Just because I didn't put the Delorean in a different setting or anything doesn't make my entry less valid than anything else. I have tons of Photoshop experience and I could have done anything, but that's the idea I had and that's how I wanted to do it. Now that I think about it, I could have put them in the actual scene from Puzzle Agent, but it would have almost the same effect. I think what I entered is better. It fits the 'Message Board Photoshop' look more. It's a little more subtle and silly.

My photoshop for the Poker Night contest is a very different approach (which I submitted for fun, even though I can't win). That was just a different idea that required different kind of 'shopping.

And thanks for all the congrats, everyone. I'm finishing Season Two so I can delve into The Devil's Playhouse soon. :D

I agree with YOU! Good work, both in this contest and the Poker Night one!
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks, Alan! I appreciate it. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.