Get Your Questions Answered By Back to the Future Co-Creator Bob Gale

13»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Admonisher wrote: »
    What was it like seeing BTTF with Alan Silvestri's music for the first time?

(On that note, do you think there's a chance he'll come on board for the game? He did BTTF: THE RIDE, after all -- albeit that required much less music.)

He did??? Oh man, how did I miss that? But are you sure it isn't tracked music from the movies?
  • edited October 2010
    Prior to the game & animated series, did you ever consider how Marty would re-adjust to life following the events of the three movies?

Love your work Mr Gale :)
  • edited October 2010
    Mr. Gale, I'm 17 and I discovered the Back to the Future movies about 4 years ago. I was OBSESSED with them and spent many a dollar on eBay buying prop replicas that now are in my toy and memorabilia collection. I have three questions. One: Out of the three films, what is your favorite scene? Two: What's the deal with those really bad BTTF NES games? And Three: Do you know If the BTTF Game will have any type of FREE ROAM/SANDBOX capability? Thanks!
  • edited October 2010
    Favorite Line of Dialogue from any of the films?
  • edited October 2010
    But if you have a disc you can take it anywhere, if you download the game on to a system, it doesn't matter if you can download it to any system, it will only be played on that system that its on. Do you know what I mean?
  • edited October 2010
    Dear Bob,

When you spoke to the cast and creators of Back to the Future about the new game, what were their thoughts and feelings?

I watched the re-release of BTTF over here in the UK today. Whether in its initial release, through repeat viewings, or the current re-release, the most joyful times I've spent in a cinema have been when watching the Back to the Future films.

The trilogy inspired me to study screenwriting at UCLA, which in turn opened up a world of opportunity to me. Now, I continually meet new people who have been touched in some way by the films, and even discover that long term friends have grown up in wonder at the movies - like its an almost given thread running through our generation.

I want to thank so much from myself and my family.

Best wishes to you.

Daniel
  • edited October 2010
    MarvinIII wrote: »
    How many different time machine designs did you go through before settling on the delorean?

This one's an easy one: two.

First one was a laser array with old fridge beign the transport vehicle. The flux capacitor was powered by Coca-Cola, and the end sequence would have had Marty trucking it out to Nevada to be thrust into the future by an atomic blast.

The DeLorean was settled on after thinking about kids getting locked in old fridges but the end sequence played out similar to the first draft: Marty drove the DMC-12 into the blast site.
  • edited October 2010
    My question:

1. Would you be against the possibility of continuing the series via comics?

Ever since BTTF III when Doc mentions "I could have been sent to the Middle Ages and been burned at the stake as a heretic!", I have considered this to have been the direction a fourth story would have went seeing has how each movie alludes to the following film's time frame.
  • edited October 2010
    since there have been so many technological advances in the last 50 years are you going to incorporate them into the game ? Would it be a feasible projection for the next generation (called" grandchildren") ? thanks
  • edited October 2010
    Hi Bob,

Did you ever consider not calling the sequels, part 2 and part 3, but instead giving them a tagline in the title? Could you give us some examples that were considered?

Thanks!
    :)
  • edited October 2010
    ADAMATION wrote: »
    And Three: Do you know If the BTTF Game will have any type of FREE ROAM/SANDBOX capability? Thanks!

Poor Bob Gale, getting all these questions that aren't actually meant for him. :(

Anyway, I'll answer this one for you. Given that the BttF game is a point-and-click adventure (like every Telltale game that isn't about poker or puzzles), there probably won't be any kind of sandbox gameplay.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Anthony817 wrote: »
    And you had to type in big letters like you were 10? :(

Gale won't read this thread, you may write as big as you like. Questions get chosen by the TTG team and are presented to Bob Gale.
  • edited October 2010
    Shouldn't the winning questions have been picked by now anyway?!

Says it ended Oct 10th Sunday.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2010
    mcfly88 wrote: »
    Shouldn't the winning questions have been picked by now anyway?!

Says it ended Oct 10th Sunday.

Right you are. It's interesting that the thread isn't closed yet, or that there's no notice ("Pencils down, please... time's up"). Maybe they just couldn't get along with the questions that were posted already? ;)
This discussion has been closed.