What's your favourite Scene of the BTTF-Trilogy?

edited November 2010 in Back to the Future
As there's already a "What's your favourite part"-thread, i wanna ask:

What's you favourite SCENE in the trilogy?

Mine is definitely the end of part 2 / beginning of part 3 where the 1955's doc just sent back marty to the future, he's happy that everything worked and he's whoopy and all stuff and at a strike the 1985's Marty runs around the corner and says "Doc, its me, Marty" - "That cant be!! I just sent you back to the future" - "Yeah, but i'm back. I'm BACK FROM THE FUTURE!" - "GREAT SCOTT!!!!!!! *getsunconscious*" and the theme kicks in. f*cking awesome!

So tell, whats your favourite scene?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    "I think he took that guy's wallet"
  • edited November 2010
    btw. in the german version doc always something like "Good gracious!". Thats so lame, great scott sounds so much cooler!
  • edited November 2010
    Well when i watched it for the very first time like back in 1990 (i was like 10 years old i believe). There were 2 scenes that really got onto me.

1 : Just the first time travel experiment where u see the car disappear for the very first time with einstein dog in the car. As a kid i was totally like ":eek:" because of the special effects. I can even remember the next day running around on the street making the same sounds as the delorean lol (ahh the fun days when you are young right haha).

2 : Part 2 i loved the flying cars and hoverboards because i always liked future stuff myself. So basically part 2 is my favorite of the trilogy.

And its hard to believe that over 5 years we actually are in 2015. So part 2 is not so "future" anymore.
  • edited November 2010
    Trackah123 wrote: »

1 : Just the first time travel experiment where u see the car disappear for the very first time with einstein dog in the car. As a kid i was totally like ":eek:" because of the special effects. I can even remember the next day running around on the street making the same sounds as the delorean lol (ahh the fun days when you are young right haha).

haha, thats very funny, thanks for sharing this. it just remembers me of me and a friend of mine always re-enacting the first ghostbusters movie, we shure tried to imitate the sound of the proton-packs when firing at ghosts, LOL :D

good old times :o
  • edited November 2010
    Favorite small scene: "Lou, gimme a milk. Chocolate."

Favorite big scene: The clocktower climax from the first movie.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm amazed at how many people simply LOVE the clocktower finale....I always thought it was the one part of the movie that felt like it plodded along too long!

My favorite scene has always been Marty's talk with his father in the cafeteria. So much is happening in that scene character-wise. Marty's essentially seeing himself from a third-person perspective, we learn about George, and the interaction really feels genuine.
  • edited November 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    btw. in the german version doc always something like "Good gracious!". Thats so lame, great scott sounds so much cooler!

Nah, he also goes "Great god!" most of the time, which sounds quite close to "Great scott!" ;)
  • edited November 2010
    I'm amazed at how many people simply LOVE the clocktower finale....I always thought it was the one part of the movie that felt like it plodded along too long!
    Well, the entire scene takes place in real time (or close to it) over a ten minute period. I could see a criticism of the scene that it's maybe overwrought/overdone or that everything going wrong at once is unlikely (though for me, that just adds to the comedy of it). But "plodding" is the last word I'd use to describe it, seeing as everything is so fast paced and dramatic during that ten minutes. Maybe you could elaborate on what you mean by "plodding"?
  • edited November 2010
    Each time Doc yells in horror/surprise, e.g. mock-up catches fire, cable gets detached from the light pole, Doc sees Marty back in 1955 after the lightning, etc :D
  • edited November 2010
    Well, the entire scene takes place in real time (or close to it) over a ten minute period. I could see a criticism of the scene that it's maybe overwrought/overdone or that everything going wrong at once is unlikely (though for me, that just adds to the comedy of it). But "plodding" is the last word I'd use to describe it, seeing as everything is so fast paced and dramatic during that ten minutes. Maybe you could elaborate on what you mean by "plodding"?

Actually, from the time it's 10:00 to 10:04 it takes somewhere 5 minutes of movie time (which is ok, considering that we view from two perspectives). Of course, the scene starts before 10 o'clock, so yeah, it takes some time.

Anyway, on the topic, I can't really say which my favorite scene is. There are so many I like, most of them are from Part I though.
  • edited November 2010
    Marty:
    So you're my great-grandfather. The first McFly born in America. And you peed on me.
  • edited November 2010
    Nobody mentioned George punching Biff?
    This moment is SO AMAZING!

When I recently watched it (again) this moment still gives me goosebumps. I love thise scene.
  • edited November 2010
    indeed awesome it was.

But my favorite was when Doc and Marty switched catchphrases in 3
  • edited November 2010
    I like the scene in Back to the Future III where Doc says that it might not be him that gets shot by Buford, it may end up being Marty (while looking at the photo of the gravestone with a blank name).

Then Marty says "Great Scot!" and Doc says "I know, this is Heavy!"

Best lines reversal ever!

Also, I like Back to the Future I where Marty dresses in the radiation suit and visits George in the middle of the night. "My name is Darth Vader. I'm an extra terrestrial from the planet Vulcan!" and he even does the hand sign.

And in Back to the Future II my favourite bit is the hoverboard chase around the 2015 Hill Valley town center. Really cool how it parodies the 1955 scene. And the little girl that says "Keep it! I got a pitbulll now!"
  • edited November 2010
    @Katsuro

Not to spoil things for you but i recently noticed that that "famous George hits Biff" in Back To The Future 2 is different.

You know the part where the 2nd Marty is in Mr-Stricklands Office to get the almanac (Oeh La La), if you look closely at that punch it looks like George has no power in that punch at all.

Still in Part 1 its awesome indeed, it's like "Take that Biff, you Butthead" :D
  • edited November 2010
    The end of Part 3. I mean, A FLYING TRAIN THAT TRAVELS THROUGH TIME?!? HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THAT?!!!?

And I loved seeing that Doc and Clara got together and had kids.
  • edited November 2010
    My favorite scene is when Marty receives the letter from 1855 (end of the second movie).
  • edited November 2010
    Trackah123 wrote: »
    @Katsuro

Not to spoil things for you but i recently noticed that that "famous George hits Biff" in Back To The Future 2 is different.

You know the part where the 2nd Marty is in Mr-Stricklands Office to get the almanac (Oeh La La), if you look closely at that punch it looks like George has no power in that punch at all.

Still in Part 1 its awesome indeed, it's like "Take that Biff, you Butthead" :D

Meh I couldn't care less about a different version of it :D
    It's not only the punch. It's the complete setup of this scene.
    The change in George that'll change him from a nerdy nobody to the hero of Loraine and future book author.

For me, this is THE definition of an underdog moment. The big bully holding him down, while laughing at him, his sweetheart in the car helpless (and also kinda knowing that the underdog won't be able to stand against the bully) the dramatic music, the clenching of his fist. *Sigh* this scene is SO awesome. So many details.

So yeah, of course it'll look different in BTTF2 (even if it wouldn't be another version). The builtup is a completely different one. In BTTF2 we are with Marty, watching it from a save distance. He and we already know it's going to end well. Like Marty we just wait for it to happen.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Katsuro wrote: »
    For me, this is THE definition of an underdog moment. The big bully holding him down, while laughing at him, his sweetheart in the car helpless (and also kinda knowing that the underdog won't be able to stand against the bully) the dramatic music, the clenching of his fist. *Sigh* this scene is SO awesome. So many details.

I love that scene as well. Marty was George's mentor, and when heroes are born, it's always in the moment when former mentors or companions suddenly can't help them (or turn against them, as in "The Hobbit"). From that perspective, BTTF delivers the perfect heroic moment for George McFly. Still, Marty's "teachings" might be a little neglected in the movie and so might not really justify George's development. But that is critique on a very high level. When George hits Biff, I'm off my seat, and it must have been George, on his own, without Marty to help him, to deliver the blow. :D
  • edited November 2010
    Definitely The time train reentry in part three. Majestic. And it flies.

Corny, improbable? Yes. Coolest idea in the world. Most definitely. Would I use one similar every day as my main means of transportation? You know it.
  • edited November 2010
    The thing i do like about the trainpart is when the railroad barriers goes down (tingtingting), before the timetravel train even arrived and Marty and Jennifer are like "huh i don't see any train coming" :D

Somehow the railroad sensors in 1985 must have picked up the train already in 1885 :D
  • edited November 2010
    In the first Back to the Future, when Doc is showing Marty how they will use the lightning blot to power the Flux Capacitor. When the toy car goes off the table and crashes into the oil rags, Doc's face is priceless. I laugh every time!
  • edited November 2010
    oh yes, i love that face too, its hilarious.

at the george-hits-biff-scene: thats one my favourite scenes too, havent watched the movies for about two years and i almost shit my pants at this scene when i watched it again about two weeks ago.
  • edited November 2010
    I don't know why, but Doc's commentary while showing Marty his plans to push the DeLorean with the train in Part III.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.