TTG purchase -> Steam

This morning I woke up and saw my Telltale games purchase of Poker Night as a Steam game. I assume this is the same deal that happened with the Devil's Playhouse thing as well.

Has anyone else had this too?

Sorry if this is old news.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Woah, it IS in my games list. What's up with that?!
  • edited November 2010
    Woah, it IS in my games list. What's up with that?!

And so the clock starts ticking...
  • edited November 2010
    Same here.
  • edited November 2010
    I hope this is full game access on steam. I prefer to buy from Telltale but I love the convenience of steam. It's just so easy to install/uninstall in the same client. Having The Devil's Playhouse episodes appear on steam was nice.

Speaking of, The City That Dares Not Sleep doesn't have a 'grid view' image, and it and Beyond the Alley of the Dolls don't have a 'list view' image. Telltale needs to get onto Valve to fix that.
  • edited November 2010
    Oh yeah! I was just on steam checking through things and I never even noticed it sitting there!
  • edited November 2010
    Bunnyman wrote: »
    I hope this is full game access on steam. I prefer to buy from Telltale but I love the convenience of steam. It's just so easy to install/uninstall in the same client. Having The Devil's Playhouse episodes appear on steam was nice.

Speaking of, The City That Dares Not Sleep doesn't have a 'grid view' image, and it and Beyond the Alley of the Dolls don't have a 'list view' image. Telltale needs to get onto Valve to fix that.

304 has a grid image for me.:confused:
  • edited November 2010
    304 has a grid image for me.:confused:

305 is missing the grid image for me.
    304 and 305 are missing the list image for me

But I do like seeing Poker Night in my list of games. It looks nice there.
  • edited November 2010
    It's not in my games list. Maybe it's tied to the code used to unlock the hat? (I didn't do this, because I don't have TF2.)
  • edited November 2010
    It's not in my games list. Maybe it's tied to the code used to unlock the hat? (I didn't do this, because I don't have TF2.)
    It definitely is, because there's no other way your Steam and Telltale accounts.
  • edited November 2010
    Go ahead and put in the code. Hopefully it will stay in our game lists. And you should get the hat later if you ever decide to get TF2.
    (At least that worked in the past when I gifted my brother the L4D2 before it was released and he bought TF2 a month later and still got Bill's Hat.)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    It definitely is, because there's no other way your Steam and Telltale accounts.

There's no other way your Steam and Telltale accounts what? Spit it out, man! I've got to know!
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    There's no other way your Steam and Telltale accounts what? Spit it out, man! I've got to know!
    CAN BE LINKED!
  • edited November 2010

I faind harder to use steam, i just bougth TF1, TF2 and way not the special editions of monkey Island,lol and is taking like forever to download the games,offcourse, maybe the reazon of way I faind it so hard is because im new on it xD, I just wish i didnt did it the wrong way :(.
  • edited November 2010
    Go ahead and put in the code. Hopefully it will stay in our game lists. And you should get the hat later if you ever decide to get TF2.
    (At least that worked in the past when I gifted my brother the L4D2 before it was released and he bought TF2 a month later and still got Bill's Hat.)

Agreed. It worked for me and the code for the Devil's Playhouse. I wasn't expecting to buy TF2, but when I finally did about 5 months later, the first thing I came across was a nice Max hat!
  • edited November 2010
    Nice! I wasn't even going to enter the code, thanks for the thread.

I pre-ordered Sam N Max Season, The Devil's playhouse, but I don't remember getting an unlock code for a TF2 unlock. Is there an activation link to obtain my code just like there was for this?
  • edited November 2010
    The Big z wrote: »
    Nice! I wasn't even going to enter the code, thanks for the thread.

I pre-ordered Sam N Max Season, The Devil's playhouse, but I don't remember getting an unlock code for a TF2 unlock. Is there an activation link to obtain my code just like there was for this?
    Yes there is, here.
  • edited November 2010
    Yes there is, here.

Much thanks.
  • edited November 2010
    Confirmed for me too... Not that there was still any doubt left :P

I suspected this would happen from the beginning. TTG's comments that "there are no plans to add a Telltale store bought game to Steam" were somewhat misleading, though. (I'm going to try to find that post now, I was quoting from memory)
  • edited November 2010
    Telltale, since you have the system in place to link games from our Telltale account to a Steam account, will you consider doing it with future titles, such as BTTF?
  • edited November 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    Confirmed for me too... Not that there was still any doubt left :P

I suspected this would happen from the beginning. TTG's comments that "there are no plans to add a Telltale store bought game to Steam" were somewhat misleading, though. (I'm going to try to find that post now, I was quoting from memory)

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=397397&postcount=25

This might be the post you were talking about? I had the same thought so was pleasantly suprised when I saw Poker Night in my Steam library.
  • edited November 2010
    So far only The Devil's Playhouse and Poker Night have TF2 items and the only way to get those is to put in a code on steam. For some reason, we're getting poker night on steam which wasn't planned apparently. I don't think we'll be unlocking our Telltale games on steam unless each game gets a TF2 item or Telltale and Valve become very close.
  • edited November 2010
    Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I was looking at my library since I wanted to install something I bought a while ago, and noticed the game there.

Well, that's surprising...

Edit: And is it just me, or did the entry in our Telltale purchases list (where we can download the game) change? I could've sworn it said something different.
  • edited November 2010
    If we play it off Steam can we unlock the TF2 items? :confused:
  • edited November 2010
    Uh, yes. :P
  • edited November 2010
    Oh, ok. Sorry I'm new to Steam.
  • edited November 2010
    No worries, sorry if I made fun of you.
  • edited November 2010
    say what? i bought it on ttg AND steam (that convenience thing, yea)!

just to get ttg the money they deserve. as long as i can afford it i'll keep doing that... (waiting for bttf on steam).
  • edited November 2010
    Foxhack wrote: »
    No worries, sorry if I made fun of you.

No problem.
  • edited November 2010
    Shen-Zhi wrote: »
    say what? i bought it on ttg AND steam (that convenience thing, yea)!

just to get ttg the money they deserve. as long as i can afford it i'll keep doing that... (waiting for bttf on steam).

You may just buy from Telltale and wait to see if there will be TF2 items before buying on steam.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm going to be mildly miffed if this means it will be as if you purchased the game through Steam, because I forwent the "buy PNatI, get a big discount on something else" deal because I'd rather have the game on Steam. The Steam version did have a discount the other version didn't have, but the discount I'd have gotten the other way would have been bigger.
  • edited November 2010

When you put in the code, you get a download in your tools section of your library. It's the visor.
  • edited November 2010
    You may just buy from Telltale and wait to see if there will be TF2 items before buying on steam.

oh i don't buy stuff for tf2 items. i hardly play that game. only if i see a friend playing it, i join. i really buy twice to assure ttg gets more money.

and a few days ago i just had to rage-post in steamforums because somebody was complaining ttg only made games so ppl have to buy it for those ridiculous tf2-items. still waiting for an infraction or another ban. who cares.

i mean... sam & max, monkey island? really new games? i always wished it would happen but never ever really had the hope it would actually happen! :)

i only like steam for having everything - my games - in one place without tons of cd's/dvd's on my desk and not having to store them away for future re-use (without any installation-limits mostly).

now all i'm waiting for, is a wing commander sequel, but that's now ea-stuff. ttg is to me now, what lucasarts was back then, in the good old monkey island (and sierra) days. sigh.
  • edited November 2010
    oh i don't buy stuff for tf2 items. i hardly play that game. only if i see a friend playing it, i join. i really buy twice to assure ttg gets more money.

If that's the only reason, they'd probably get more if you bought through their site both times.
  • edited November 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    If that's the only reason, they'd probably get more if you bought through their site both times.

you're right, aside you ignore the convenience thing.. :)
  • edited November 2010

and a few days ago i just had to rage-post in steamforums because somebody was complaining ttg only made games so ppl have to buy it for those ridiculous tf2-items. still waiting for an infraction or another ban. who cares.

The average SPUFer can be really stupid sometimes,it's funny to see how everybody is crazy for an item (max head) that they said that was unfitting and ruined the art style some months ago;it sucks to be a sam and max fan and not being able to get the items for his rarity (everytime I ask for a big kill everyone wants a ton of stuff)
  • edited November 2010
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=397397&postcount=25

This might be the post you were talking about? I had the same thought so was pleasantly suprised when I saw Poker Night in my Steam library.
    No, but it's close enough.

Edit: found it!
    Right now, there are no plans to link a TTG purchased Poker Night at the Inventory to Steam. That said, you do get the pre-order visor via an email code that will be going out soon.
  • edited November 2010
    Well I now have the steam version of poker night, yay.
    Of course Im going to use the telltale version for when im offline since steams offline mode needs you to be online:confused: and yes Ive done manually setting it up and that just leaves it to chance.
  • edited November 2010
    What the heck? Why was I not told about that TF2 hats page on the telltale site? I checked around at the telltale site much earlier but didn't find anything. "If you ordered the game from our store prior to noon (Pacific Time) on April 26, 2010, you're good to go" This is bullshit. If it's now literally impossible for me to get the hat even though I paid for the game, I'm gonna be pretty angry.
    EDIT: All right, never mind. I had been mixed up about which offer it referred to.
  • edited November 2010
    Oh yeah, Steam forums do nothing but complain about non-VALVe games. It's basically 4chan with a registered account.
  • edited November 2010
    Elvenmonk wrote: »
    Oh yeah, Steam forums do nothing but complain about non-VALVe games. It's basically 4chan with a registered account.

O they complain about Valve games too. They complain about EVERYTHING :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.