The Obligatory at the Inventory Fan Art Thread

Because I already did enough material. Ok, not quite. But anyway ^^!
photo_at_the_inventory_by_ginny_n-d328x4m.jpg
This is called "Self insert fan art".

waiting_at_the_inventory_by_ginny_n-d32j011.jpg
Meanwhile...

And I just said, "Why not?"

Poker Night icons

Download here!

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Hey, love those icons! The pitcutres are brilliant as well!
  • edited November 2010
    These are pretty great. I like these.
  • edited November 2010
    Im using the max one as my avatar for now.
  • edited November 2010
    fudging_telltale_by_vectorjeff-d2xw126.png

In case you're wondering, The "Why I am so bald" meme is based off the fact that Jerry Holkins (writer for Penny Arcade) is bald,however his avatar,Tycho has a full head of hair. The best way this meme has spread could be due to the fact that some people "ms paint" Penny Arcade comics so Tycho is bald and asks himself, "Why I am so bald?"
  • edited November 2010
    fudging_telltale_by_vectorjeff-d2xw126.png

In case you're wondering, The "Why I am so bald" meme is based off the fact that Jerry Holkins (writer for Penny Arcade) is bald,however his avatar,Tycho has a full head of hair. The best way this meme has spread could be due to the fact that some people "ms paint" Penny Arcade comics so Tycho is bald and asks himself, "Why I am so bald?"

BALD! BALD!
    Also why isn't there a shine on his head?
  • edited November 2010
    Y2Zero wrote: »
    BALD! BALD!
    Also why isn't there a shine on his head?

Laziness.
  • edited November 2010
    I really like the drawing of Sam, Homestar, Medic, and Gabe together! Good job, Ginny! :)
  • edited November 2010
    *DREDGES UP THIS TOPIC*
    OHLOOKPOKERNIGHTFANART.png?t=1290709174

During my playing of Poker Night, and re-reading Penny Arcade, I realize that the way I draw myself looks very akin to Gabe, but with Tycho hair colour, sorta. So it led to this. Cheri's dialogue comes from an earlier piece of fanart, where...well, it was assumed Cheri was a lovechild of Skun-ka'pe and Papierwaite.

I love when I have to explain jokes. :I
  • edited November 2010
    All of these are great. :D I love the "so bald one" cause Stong Bad and Heavy are also bald. It cracks me up for some reason.
  • edited November 2010
    WWGD-1.jpg

Super crappy doodle I did last night. Fun stuff, right?
  • edited November 2010
    What,no "dogs playing poker" version of Poker Night?
  • edited November 2010
    Merlynn wrote: »
    What,no "dogs playing poker" version of Poker Night?

You asked. But this is just a 5-min rough draft to start. I don't feel like finishing it myself, I have some fanart I owe to people on the BttF forum to finish first. Feel free to PM me for the psd if you want to finish it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2108&stc=1&d=1290817614
  • edited November 2010
    Something I'm working on...
    ejihoi.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Something I'm working on...
    ejihoi.jpg

Hey can you make one of the heavy, I want to use that for my poker night icon on my desktop.
  • edited November 2010
    What a coincidence, look at what I just finished :D
    2qlhpbn.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    What a coincidence, look at what I just finished :D
    2qlhpbn.jpg

YES! You making the other characters too I presume?
  • edited November 2010
    That's kinda what I was implying in the first post =P
  • edited November 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Because I already did enough material. Ok, not quite. But anyway ^^!
    photo_at_the_inventory_by_ginny_n-d328x4m.jpg
    This is called "Self insert fan art".

waiting_at_the_inventory_by_ginny_n-d32j011.jpg
    Meanwhile...

And I just said, "Why not?"

Poker Night icons

Download here!

The icons are brilliant.
  • edited November 2010
    How it is that there are no drawings of Ash shoving Max into a baseball yet?
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, there's some pretty great one-liners that need visuals.
  • edited November 2010
    NameOfUser wrote: »
    Yeah, there's some pretty great one-liners that need visuals.

Working on something involving Tycho and a hedgehog right now, actually. (Promise it'll be less crappy than the last thing I posted.)
  • edited November 2010
    Well, I'm done with those icons.

poker_night_icons_by_thesunnyguy-d33rg2n.png
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Poker-Night-Icons-187717919
    I felt like making some custom icons for Poker Night at the Inventory just like I did with Sam and Max...I think Ginny's are better though, but some variety never hurt anyone did it? >.>

Max http://i52.tinypic.com/ejihoi.jpg
    Strongbad http://i55.tinypic.com/2en16ww.jpg
    Heavy http://i52.tinypic.com/2qlhpbn.jpg
    Tycho http://i54.tinypic.com/2gws0zm.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Actually,I was talking about like,in the style of the "Dogs Playing Poker" picture. Same positions and same texture and all that.
  • edited November 2010
    I wanted to make a parody of Kingdom Hearts with these characters, where these guys insert themselves into other adventure games while inserting 'hearts' into the story, but I can't draw.

Leisure Suit Larry: I wanna get laid.
    Tycho: We will help you, because getting laid can save hearts.
  • edited November 2010
    Hey can someone create one of the ttg poker chips things like the symbol I posted in my title of this post only larger arond the size of one of those poker chips sunny guy made..
  • edited November 2010
    at_the_inventory_by_ginny_n-d33tohz.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    First thing that popped into my head during Tycho's hedgehog speech

Hedgehog3-1.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    pokernightico.png

I made an icon. It looks better when you shrink it.
  • edited November 2010
    Cool! An internet shrinky dink. What won't they think of next?

I say send 'em into the actual Kingdom Hearts games.

Max: "Anyone know what's going on? This exposition is just too much for my ADD to stand."
    Heavy: "I have no idea. I just shoot little dark things until they stop moving."
    Strong Bad: "Plots are for losers,man! Video games are all about the ACTION!"
    Tycho: "Be that as it may, I find a good plot gives a general feel of what the hell is going on and that leads to being able to figure out what to do next. As we've been on this map for hours, I'm come to worry that the plot just might not be thick enough yet due to it's non-existance."
    Strong Bad: "What is this now,a cooking show? Gonna cook us up some plot soup,8-side?"
    Max: "Don't tempt them! Once was enough for me and these guys might make it all mini-gamey."
  • edited November 2010
    Using sunnyguys icons and the texas holdem which I enlarged(but it is blurry) I created this icon.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2118&d=1291066201
    Yes I fail at icons but it was a speed job.
  • edited November 2010
    It would be better off as a png rather than a jpg.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    How it is that there are no drawings of Ash shoving Max into a baseball yet?

attachment.php?attachmentid=2121&stc=1&d=1291132141
  • edited November 2010
    Jennifer wrote: »
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2121&stc=1&d=1291132141

Whos that random girl.
  • edited November 2010
    OttersPod wrote: »
    First thing that popped into my head during Tycho's monologue speech

Hedgehog3-1.jpg

Epic. At least Tycho isn't telling us what the hedgehog he was talking about had said.
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Using sunnyguys icons and the texas holdem which I enlarged(but it is blurry) I created this icon.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2118&d=1291066201
    Yes I fail at icons but it was a speed job.

that probably wouldn't work. no offence, and i know you said it was a speed job, but really there isn't much point of making an icon image if it doesn't look good enough to use.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Whos that random girl.
    It's a representation of me, or my webcomic half, since the strip is from my webcomic. I'm there because this strip is going to be a setup to a longer story arc. :)
  • edited December 2010
    Hey I got a new way to work on photos so I reworked my old icon

And its PNG to those that for whatever reason wanted it like that.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2135&d=1291340601
    Interesting on how it looks old. I never did that, so I guess I will still work on it.
    And now the background is black. Ugh...
    Ok You should all get the idea I was looking for so yeah.
  • edited December 2010
    Why did I take so long to look at this thread? These drawings are awesome! (Especially Ginny's)
  • edited December 2010
    One of these doodles was based on a Poker Night line, so I guess it goes here too.

more_sam_and_max_doodles_by_thesunnyguy-d34ck7r.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/More-Sam-and-Max-Doodles-188703063
    Just quick doodles of stuff I felt like drawing. Sam on a leash (what can I say? I found the idea amusing >.>), a visual representation of one of Max's lines in Poker Night at the Inventory (I would like to do this one properly some day) and that Samulacra/Doggleganger with the plush bunny...about to be stepped on by the giant Maxthulhu/Maxzilla/Eldricth Abomination Max/whatever. Yeah, drawing the last one made me kinda sad, that doggy was so adorable with the bunny why did they have to kill it D:
  • edited December 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    *DREDGES UP THIS TOPIC*
    OHLOOKPOKERNIGHTFANART.png?t=1290709174

During my playing of Poker Night, and re-reading Penny Arcade, I realize that the way I draw myself looks very akin to Gabe, but with Tycho hair colour, sorta. So it led to this. Cheri's dialogue comes from an earlier piece of fanart, where...well, it was assumed Cheri was a lovechild of Skun-ka'pe and Papierwaite.

I love when I have to explain jokes. :I

Fun times! Okay everyone, time to play "How many non-married homsexual couples can presumably be the parents of Cheri?" Current count is: 2!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.