Regarding the License to Maim tf2 item

2»

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Jub wrote: »
    I get your request and all, and I'm not going to tell you what to ask for or what you should want, but please avoid spamming just to bump this thread up?
    Hows that spam?
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    JohnJohn wrote: »
    Hows that spam?

How's that contributing to anything?
  • edited November 2010
    Jub wrote: »
    How's that contributing to anything?

Well the eagle is really wondering where the hell his wings went, and it was a response to the video i posted.
  • edited November 2010
    Basically its the idea of not getting what you were advertised to get....we expected this shiny high detail badge...but all we got is giant blocky gold badge thats no better than the ones we already have.
  • edited November 2010
    TentuZero wrote: »
    Basically its the idea of not getting what you were advertised to get....we expected this shiny high detail badge...but all we got is giant blocky gold badge thats no better than the ones we already have.

It looks like a lump of gold.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    I've already got the badge and in my opinion it looks great in the game. They flattened it out to fit the TF2 look, and when you see it pinned to a character, it really fits. I was surprised, too, when I first saw it, but it's really nice when seen on a character in the game.
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I've already got the badge and in my opinion it looks great in the game. They flattened it out to fit the TF2 look, and when you see it pinned to a character, it really fits. I was surprised, too, when I first saw it, but it's really nice when seen on a character in the game.

Lies! All sweet LIES!
  • edited November 2010

Could you please release the fix for those who prefer the original promo version?
  • edited November 2010
    way2lazy.png
    I really still don't like it, but it is an opinion.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Is it so bad to want the stuff the way it was ment to be?

Actually the items were always "meant" to look however Valve wanted them to look. We had to release the trailer and other promotional material prior to valve finishing their art pass on the weapons, and I'm happy with the way they came out. I would have included the Valvefied badge if I could have.
  • edited November 2010

How come YOU get the badge already.

its not like you had anything to do with this game.
    Oh wait.
    edited November 2010
    Could you please release the fix for those who prefer the original promo version?

That's ... not how it works, I don't think. TF2 is Valve's game and the TF2 team did what they thought would make it look like it belonged. As Shaun said, we would have had visual parity with Valve in our trailer and marketing stuff, but their versions of the items weren't done in time for our game, so they look slightly different in the two different universes.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm just happy I'll FINALLY be able to display a badge that isn't the generic "Merc" one, it's even better that the badge happens to be Sam & Max related, so I'm just happy to have it in the game!
  • edited November 2010
    Ah well. Thanks for answering.

Hopefully somebody will find a way to extract it from Poker Night, then everyone can be happy :)

(in truth I was probably going to edit it a little anyway, yours looks too detailed, their one looks too simplified)
  • edited November 2010
    NeoDement wrote: »
    Ah well. Thanks for answering.

Hopefully somebody will find a way to extract it from Poker Night, then everyone can be happy :)

(in truth I was probably going to edit it a little anyway, yours looks too detailed, their one looks too simplified)

Yeah, as soon as some one gets a skin of the original, everyone will be happy(that reminds me I found a skin where instead of intellegence, it is an NES so installing)
  • edited November 2010
    The badge in Poker Night looks like the one from the promotional materials, though, right?
    edited November 2010
    The badge in Poker Night looks like the one from the promotional materials, though, right?

The promo materials are from the Poker Night assets, yeah.
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    How come YOU get the badge already.

its not like you had anything to do with this game.
    Oh wait.

He aleady played the steamversion for about 3 hours too. And that was weeks ago. He must be a mean hacker or something :D
  • edited November 2010
    A Telltale employee playing PNatI? Imagine. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    A Telltale employee playing PNatI? Imagine. ;)

I know. I discovered this weeks ago and thought: I want to play that too now!
  • edited November 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    He aleady played the steamversion for about 3 hours too. And that was weeks ago. He must be a mean hacker or something :D

Hey look my account is in that picture!
  • edited November 2010
    Hey look my account is in that picture!

yeah. And I have a spare Pokernight preorder-key for steam. Just wait until I get home *X-mas comes early this year*
    Unless you already have the game and just did not register it on steam.
  • edited November 2010
    yeah. And I have a spare Pokernight preorder-key for steam. Just wait until I get home *X-mas comes early this year*
    Unless you already have the game and just did not register it on steam.

I have the Steam version, it's just still on my wishlist until it's released.
  • edited November 2010
    but thats not the point, it doesn't look like the original promo

The one in the promo is most likely made just for the trailer or the poker game; they usually look better than in-game graphics. It is like a wishing an actual 3d in-game model to look as nice as a CGI trailer. Since Team Fortress 2 uses a lower poloycount, having the badge super detail would clash with the style of the game.
  • edited November 2010
    @Neo Dement: if pretty much every single other item in the game is anything to go by, there will be resources inside TF2 that will let you model a higher-resolution version of it.
  • edited November 2010
    I decided to redesign it, I guess it's better then the tf2 one, huh?
  • edited November 2010
    DJYellow22 wrote: »
    I decided to redesign it, I guess it's better then the tf2 one, huh?

I think it needs a little more colour.
  • edited November 2010
    kay kay, added color
  • edited November 2010
    Here's what I ended up with, after some work:

http://tf2.benbur.net/Mods/Other/ComboBadge/render.jpg

(Yes, it was pretty bad before I tweaked it)
  • edited November 2010

A cookie to whoever can guess which one I am!
    NeoDement wrote: »
    Here's what I ended up with, after some work:

http://tf2.benbur.net/Mods/Other/ComboBadge/render.jpg

(Yes, it was pretty bad before I tweaked it)

That looks Fan-tastic, I want one like that.
    You are awesome!
  • edited November 2010
    The-J23 wrote: »
    That looks Fan-tastic, I want one like that.
    You are awesome!

It does but I am not sure if that item might have to many polygons for a TF2-item.
  • edited November 2010
    The polycount is the same! It's here if anyone wants it :P
    http://tf2.benbur.net/Mods/Other/ComboBadge/archive.rar
Sign in to comment in this discussion.