IGN First Look/ FIRST SCREENSHOTS!

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I'm currently listening to a conversation near my office about wormhole emitters. The DeLorean effects are under control guys.
  • edited November 2010
    @Trackah
    Read 2 posts above you.

I hope the DeLorean freezes at least one time again. I loved that effect. =D
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    For what it's worth, the time traveling effects on the car, as they appear in the game, are nearly frame-by- frame timed off of Marty's first trip in the first film. That screenshot may not be indicitave of the final sequence we ship.

Thanks, Jake. That's why I say the picture is both a delight and a worry. Your description fits the sequence perfectly, but the picture shows an element that shouldn't be there yet. Neither Einstein's nor Marty's trip show fire trails before the implosion (Unfortunally, OutaTime.it isn't working for me right now, so I can't add frame-by-frame reference). I'm positive that TTG is doing everything in their power to stay true to all the elements.

Anyway, the picture might be just to show ALL the SFX recognized by a general audience :rolleyes:.

EDIT: Good to know, Alan. :D
  • edited November 2010
    Oh my God.

This looks beyond amazing.

I definitely wasn't expecting anything as good.

Marty looks great, and the whole atmosphere is REALLY like a movie. That's impressive.

I'm definitely gonna pre order (If I get enough money before it gets out xD otherwise I'm just gonna buy it, and yeah I just bought Assassin's creed thinking we wouldn't hear about BTTF game before a while so ..)
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah the freezing was awesome.

I wonder if there was a time travel bicycle you would prolly be frozen yourself :D haha
  • edited November 2010
    Well done, Telltale! This little sneak preview is fantastic! Marty, Doc, and the DeLorean look perfect, and the style is great!!

Can't wait for the trailer on December 2nd!!!
  • edited November 2010
    I think I just made a #3 ... or 4 ... in my pants. ;-)
  • edited November 2010
    Isn't this supposed to be a new DeLorean?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that...

That always was one of the big questions about a potential BTTF4... in that they either have to get a new DeLorean or use the crappy train or something :cool:

I'm very interested in seeing how they explain a new DeLorean.
  • edited November 2010
    @ Origami,

If it is a wedding ring on Doc, then that kinda debunks the assumption that the Doc in this game will be a Doc from the time between leaving Marty at the end of BTTF1 and showing up with the hover-converted time machine the following morning.

Then again, it may just be a ring.

Anyway, I can't wait for the story...
  • edited November 2010
    I wonder if there was a time travel bicycle you would prolly be frozen yourself

I don't think even Lance Armstrong could cycle 88mph though.
  • edited November 2010
    I haven't been this excited since Telltale announced Tales of Monkey Island!!!

...and no, I won't make a "There's a Sports Almanac in my pocket" tribute video.
  • edited November 2010
    I haven't been this excited since Telltale announced Tales of Monkey Island!!!

...and no, I won't make a "There's a Sports Almanac in my pocket" tribute video.

"There's NOT a Sports Almanac in my pocket" tribute video confirmed by Silverwolfpet.
  • edited November 2010
    I am pleased with these results..... I can not wait for you guys to use what you have learned from the Universal games and put it into the next Monkey Island game I have decided you will make immediately after.
  • edited November 2010
    then that kinda debunks the assumption that the Doc in this game will be a Doc from the time between leaving Marty at the end of BTTF1 and showing up with the hover-converted time machine the following morning.
    Why is he wearing the white jumpsuit from the mall parking lot scenes, though? The last time we see him wearing it is when he drops Marty off at his house at the end of the first movie. Although, it's not the exact same jumpsuit: the one in the movie has the radiation symbol on the back, while in the game it's on the chest. But still, why a jumpsuit? They could have put Doc in any outfit they wanted to. I wonder what the significance could be...
  • edited November 2010
    BTW Vainamoinen, not only do they look like the actors, for a cartoony game, but you're being kinda...

I mean, I remember how passionate you were about how Doc's model was lame and all.

They changed the whole lighting effects, tweaked the model, made a great texture (and he does have enough wrinkles and he also has his distinctive mole), AND they fixed the "IMPOSSIBLE" white under the eyelid.

I think you could have at least enjoyed all the work they've done. But meh.

Once again, great job Tell Tale, it looks amazing. And I'm sure the ingame graphics are even better, with anti aliasing and animation.
  • edited November 2010
    Owh man....in screenshot 2 Marty gets a briefing from Doc about the mission.
    I can't wait to get briefed by Doc with cool BttF music in the background.
  • edited November 2010
    "There's NOT a Sports Almanac in my pocket" tribute video confirmed by Silverwolfpet.

Oh snap...now I have to do it, huh?
  • edited November 2010
    Oh snap...now I have to do it, huh?

If you don't, I'll be forced to press the special red button in my desk that opens a pit of death spikes, sharks, and tigers beneath you wherever you're standing at any given time. No pressure.
  • edited November 2010
    I still find it a tad disconcerting that they're both dressed exactly like they were in the parking lot sequence from the first movie. Hopefully that gives way to period-specific costumes fairly early on.

Still, overall it looks very promising, can't wait to see it in action. The style makes me happy.
  • edited November 2010
    It all looks awesome! Looking forward to the release.

But am I the only one wondering why Doc is still wearing the radiation suit when we can clearly see Mr Fusion installed? Even if this maybe an "alternate" Doc, surely the time it took to replace the plutonium chamber with Mr Fusion he must have changed clothes or no longer needed the suit, right?!
  • edited November 2010
    This is going to be amazing! So glad I'm upgrading my computer next month! I'll be able to play this in 1600x900 on setting 9!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Strayth wrote: »
    I think you could have at least enjoyed all the work they've done. But meh.

Did you just ignore six out of my nine listed points?! There's enjoyment up the wazoo! :D

(edit: My message is of course: I am a critical person, but that doesn't keep me from enjoying the great things thoroughly. If this wasn't the case, I wouldn't be here. Eagerly waiting. Enjoying. Moderating even. :D )
  • edited November 2010
    BrendanK wrote: »
    It all looks awesome! Looking forward to the release.

But am I the only one wondering why Doc is still wearing the radiation suit when we can clearly see Mr Fusion installed? Even if this maybe an "alternate" Doc, surely the time it took to replace the plutonium chamber with Mr Fusion he must have changed clothes or no longer needed the suit, right?!

Radiation suit? Of course, because of all the fallout from the atomic wars.
  • edited November 2010
    I also thought the outfits were strange. I can imagine Doc might not vary his style much....probably has a wardrobe full of identical radiation suits... but I think Marty would have changed his clothes by now!

Unless it's a flashback/intro summarizing the films?
  • edited November 2010
    I don't like the look, from the stills it's a rather unlucky combination out of comic meets realism, which just lacks the right/good looking balance. The screenshot with the car alone looks the best.

What i find sad about the interview is that fans here once again don't get screens when they ask for but some site like IGN does. What i found interesting, was the dissed idea to play Doc Bown as this could have enabled some interesting gameplay and lot's of inventory combinations as well.
  • edited November 2010
    To be honest, the fans here (except you probably) are already going to buy the game. It makes marketing sense to get a hyped story on a big 3rd party site. And moments after the pictures went up there, we were notified and could see them ourselves. I don't really understand your beef, to be honest.

Also, where did you read that there was ever any consideration to play as Emmett?
  • edited November 2010
    a) Were the screens offered here on the forum first? Maybe in the private section - if there exists one again- , but not for the rest as well as it was found by some user instead of an information provided by TTG.

b) I don't understand your problem with the second one as it doesn't matter if they ever considered it or not - but they most probably talked about it in the designing process. I got fond of the idea by these words: *snip* Though Doc Brown and Marty are in the screens, Marty McFly is the only playable character. "Doc's too much of a force of nature to be controlled," Stemmle said. *snap* and if done right it isn't this hard too imagine that this could have enabled some interesting gameplay/puzzles.
    edited November 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    a) Were the screens offered here on the forum first? Maybe in the private section - if there exists one again- , but not for the rest as well as it was found by some user instead of an information provided by TTG.

The link to the IGN article was posted by Community Manager Alan from TTG in the FAQ thread first and not in the insider forum. Only minutes later, two threads were opened by community members.
  • edited November 2010
    Then i'm sorry and things have improved in this aspect.
  • edited November 2010
    re: (a) The screenshots were not posted in the private section, so they were available to the whole internet at the same instant. What's wrong with that? You bemoan that they may have been posted to a private forum, and then moan that they weren't a little bit exclusive by being posted here first?

re (b)

You said

> "What i found interesting, was the dissed idea to play Doc Bown"

then

> "I don't understand your problem with the second one as it doesn't matter if they ever considered it or not - but they most probably talked about it in the defining process."

Strawman, much? There was no 'dissed idea to play as Brown' other than in your own head, so I really don't get your point. Telltale aren't making the game you're imagining. Sorry about that.
  • edited November 2010
    Nope, just a little bit of common sense but feel offended or not i would have found this an interesting element.
    edited November 2010
    ...actually, I find it more enjoyable if community members get the chance to "discover" that there's an IGN article with screenshots, then come back here as fast as they can and open a thread about it. I don't like the discussion about "who was first", but I certainly find some pioneer spirit in the process. The fact that it literally only took minutes for these threads to emerge is worth one big kudos to the community. :D
  • edited November 2010
    Why on earth did you fabricate some line like "What i found interesting, was the dissed idea to play Doc Bown"?
  • edited November 2010
    As i already said, common sense, but it seems to be kind of a puzzle, if not even a paradox to you.
    edited November 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Why on earth did you fabricate some line like "What i found interesting, was the dissed idea to play Doc Bown"?

If you're really trying to search for a possible source of that idea: The initial survey (in July) could be one. You could actually chose which playable character you'd prefer. If an overwhelming majority of survey participants had chosen Doc Brown, who knows? He might have been considered.

Not really a point to argue about, though. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    It could at a stretch, but taumel mentioned that 'Brown was considered' in his paragraph about the IGN interview- an interview that does explain why Brown WASN'T a playable character.

Second guessing taumel's purpose, other than getting a dig in at TTG wherever possible, is indeed a puzzle/paradox as he suggests, so I'll give it up.
  • edited November 2010
    Do you really think that when you're about to design a game like BTTF, you won't come up with the idea/option to play as Doc Brown as well and that for some reasons they decided against it?

Your assumption regarding my motivation to post here is wrong but i can understand that having a different point of view has the potential to offend, especially the fanboys. I can life with that.
  • edited November 2010
    The only thing i can come up with if Doc Brown would be a playable character is either

"Time-based scientific puzzles" like "Fix the flux-capacitor"
    or
    "just running around like mad screaming and tell Marty what to do" :D
    I don't think even Lance Armstrong could cycle 88mph though.

Doc would probably made something like this.
    If this bicycle hits 88mph! your gonna see some serious sh*t!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9V6VpoED4A
    edited November 2010
    I'm not sure if I'd want to "control" Doc. That he is somehow unpredictable and "mad" is a crucial element in the movies.
    Though Doc Brown and Marty are in the screens, Marty McFly is the only playable character. "Doc's too much of a force of nature to be controlled," Stemmle said.

Best thing is if they actually do exactly what you'd want. :D :D
  • edited November 2010
    I still find it a tad disconcerting that they're both dressed exactly like they were in the parking lot sequence from the first movie. Hopefully that gives way to period-specific costumes fairly early on.

Are you crazy? Marty's outfit is too awesome! With the orange vest and the collars!
    I am really glad he decided to wear the exact same clothes on the day he meets doc again after half a year. Probably as a tribute to him :D

Also I am glad you only get to play as Marty. He is the main protagonist, well at least in BttF1. I think Doc is most interesting to view from a 3rd person perspective.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.