Comments

• edited November 2010
    back-to-the-future-the-adventure-series-20101123102524044_640w.jpg

back-to-the-future-the-adventure-series-20101123102533325_640w.jpg

back-to-the-future-the-adventure-series-20101123102538934_640w.jpg

And here's how the dialogue system will work:
    back-to-the-future-the-adventure-series-20101123102531903-000.jpg

:D

Yep, I was right. This is EASILY Telltale's best looking game. 1,000,000x better looking than ToMI. And that was only last year! Think of how good TT's games could look in 2012!
  • edited November 2010
    Beat ya to it.
    ;)

But yours covers the whole article, so...
  • edited November 2010
    I posted a few minutes before you, actually, if you check the times, but I don't care which, if any, topics stay. I also say that the link was posted a good 20 mins ago in the faq thread.
  • edited November 2010
    Alan posted about this before you all in the sticky topic. :P

Here are my thoughts:

-LOOKS DAMN AMAZING! Went crazy when I saw them. The cartoony style is really the best way to go.
    Really befitting for BttF and captures the atmosphere of the movies.
    -TellTale definitely stepped up their game in the graphics department. Perhaps no Uncharted 2 level of graphics but this truly a next gen. But I am not graphics whore so this doesn't have the most priority Still happy that it looks so wonderful ofcourse. *claps for Telltale*

The only thing I noticed is that we can't see Marty's blue pupils.
    This is really no gripe though, because MJ. Fox has quite dark eyes in the movies. Never stood out to me he had blue eyes.
  • edited November 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    Alan posted about this before you in the sticky topic.

Yes, as I said in the post above yours. I don't normally check the faq thread, so I missed it. I don't really thing anyone cares who posted first, I simply didn't see a topic for it, and I felt the first look merited one.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    The forum time stamp has determined that this is Orusaka's thread when I merged the threads. :D

I'll be back in a second to comment on these screenshots thoroughly. Hold on to your hats. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    You can definitely see Marty's blue pupils in the game. I've seen them, a number of times...as the trailer that's going live on Dec. 2 has been coming together!
  • edited November 2010
    This looks fantastic! Damn, I was expecting it to look good, but this is so much better than I expected!
    Like George Lucas and Steven Spielberg said:

Lucas: It's gonna be great.
    Spielberg: It's gonna be great.

I can't wait! :D
  • edited November 2010
    @Orusaka

I didn't read your post since I was busy typing up mine. But true, I didn't care for it really. The screenshots deserve a topic of their own. This is no competition lol.

I'd just like to state that I rarely have been looking forward to a game as I do with BttF.
    In the last half-decade the only games that really did something to me were TWEWY and Uncharted 2. Like this both games I was on the lookout everyday for new released info.

EDIT: Owh that's nice to hear Alan. Thanks for adressing that.

@Trenchfoot.
    Same here. This is much better than I expected! *claps again for TellTale*
    Thank you so much! *cries*
    edited November 2010
    Care for a pro/con list?

CON!
    • Still no visible likeness to Christopher Lloyd or Michael J. Fox. Why buying likeness rights then?
    • Game graphics are obstructed by menu elements in the upper right. Is that really necessary?
    • Textures could, as always, be more high-res. Ruins a lot in the interior of that first picture. *Sigh*

PRO!
    • The DeLorean Model looks AMAZING. You can actually look inside! Eat this, GTA HV!
    • Lighting and colors - very atmospheric.
    • Even without a video, you can see that Doc's gestures have improved a lot.
    • Lots of interesting textures.
    • Time travel lighting/effects look great!
    • Likeness or no, Doc's and Marty's faces are very expressive, owing to the cartoon style.

I'll get more points to that list later on. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Still no visible likeness to Christopher Lloyd or Michael J. Fox. Why buying likeness rights then?

Are you serious? Doc is debatable however he has a yelling face so we can't say much about it yet. But Marty is definitely Marty to me.
    BTW look at the 2nd picture DOC. Look closely. It definitely resembles him with the straight face.
    Game graphics are obstructed by menu elements in the upper right. Is that really necessary?

I think you're exagerating. They take up very little space.
    Textures could, as always, be more high-res. Ruins a lot in the interior of that first picture. *Sigh*

Maybe....still game looks might damn amazing to me! ^^
  • edited November 2010
    Hello, my name is not really DrRocketGenius but I still completely approve this.
  • edited November 2010
    Two things I noticed:

-Doc has a wedding ring =) It really works surprisingly.

-I love the joke in the second pic. It says Car from the Future and then we have the DeLorean standing next to it. :D
  • edited November 2010
    Yowzers! I like.
    edited November 2010
    Why's the DeLorean unmanned?
  • edited November 2010
    Being sent through time on Autopilot to retrieve Marty?
  • edited November 2010
    Unmanned DeLorean! I like!
    edited November 2010
    Autopilot-shmautopilot. REMOTE CONTROL!
  • edited November 2010
    But anybody noticed Doc's golden ring too?
  • edited November 2010
    Looks good. Also looks like I won't be able to play it on my two-year-old computer with integrated graphics because I can't play "Poker Night". :(
  • edited November 2010
    Looks so damn nice. The lighting...the tones...style like a slightly more realistic, HD version of Ghostbusters Wii...*swoon*. I just hope it won't kick my laptop's butt like Poker Night, of all things, did.

This just makes me even more excited to see how the Jurassic Park game will look.
  • edited November 2010
    I have to say everyting looks just great; although, for me, the DeLorean ready for temporal displacement is both a delight and a worry as far as the effects go. Everything looks perfect in its place except for the fire trails behind the DeLorean, because those appear just after the car goes through the wormhole, never before that point in the sequence. Always in front of the temporal displacement location and not behind. There's even an Andrew Probert painting ("Just In Time") where the trails begin just when the car is in the middle of both time periods, like this:

JustInTime.jpg

Anyway, it's just like the Sunstar DeLorean and its misplaced fluxbox wires: I don't like that detail but love it over all :D

Oh, and Vainamoinen, you can see inside the GTA:HV DeLorean. I always think about the details :P
  • edited November 2010
    Holy shit shitting shit. As soon as I saw these screenshots I had to clench up my butt cheeks so I didn't crap in my pants. I think that's all I need to say.
  • edited November 2010
    @Carlos

Yeah I noticed it too. Maybe the screen is chosen exactly one nanosec before displacement. So the trails were just building up and the DeLorean is just about to disappear
  • edited November 2010
    Whoa! Beautiful!

EDIT: Just woke up to all of this!
  • edited November 2010
    But anybody noticed Doc's golden ring too?

Great Scott! He stole Guybrush's ring! :p

PS. On the topic, the screens are great :)
  • edited November 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    Maybe the screen is chosen exactly one nanosec before displacement.

I thought that too, but the trails are too long for that. No temporal displacement sequence showed that happening in BTTF; not even on the final time travel, where those went much longer than in BTTF1 and 2. I mean, there's no trails until the car passes through :(
  • edited November 2010
    ... Time to pump up my laptop's specs!
  • edited November 2010
    Wow looks way better then i expected for a cartoon game to be. Awesome..

About the wedding ring, didn't the game continue 6 months after part 3 of the movie.. maybe the Doc is married to Clara? thats the only logical explanation i can think of.
  • edited November 2010
    ^
    Obviously, yeah.
  • edited November 2010
    [*]Still no visible likeness to Christopher Lloyd or Michael J. Fox. Why buying likeness rights then?

I don't know how much you've seen when games run into problems with getting the likeness rights to actors, but the models TellTale have are VERY close to the actual actors when it comes to this issue. When you don't have those rights, the characters have to look MUCH MUCH MUCH different.

Take a look at the Bourne Conspiracy game and the semi-short lived MMO The Matrix Online. Both those games had trouble getting the likeness rights for various characters from the movies and those characters look DRASTICALLY different.

I personally can't disagree more with you, I think their likeness are just fine.

As for the pictures themselves, they look great. This game looks to be coming together awesomely.
  • edited November 2010
    I personally can't disagree more with you, I think their likeness are just fine.

Yeah, look at the Real Ghostbusters characters (especially... well, all of them). And they could use as much likeness as they would like. It's the paradox of a transformation into a drawn cartoon (be it 2D or 3D) universe - there can never be a total resemblance to a real person, or it just won't look right. I think TellTale has captured the essence of Doc and Marty's appearance (character-wise) really well.
  • edited November 2010
    And ya, I'm SUPER impressed with the DeLorean.
  • edited November 2010
    Spykes wrote: »
    And ya, I'm SUPER impressed with the DeLorean.

Likewise, wow Telltale! Amazing work!
  • edited November 2010
    Holy shit shitting shit. As soon as I saw these screenshots I had to clench up my butt cheeks so I didn't crap in my pants. I think that's all I need to say.

Buuut. you. never. say. positive. things. It must be good.

This looks fantastic, I'm really excited about this game.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    For what it's worth, the time traveling effects on the car, as they appear in the game, are nearly frame-by- frame timed off of Marty's first trip in the first film. That screenshot may not be indicitave of the final sequence we ship. I'm not on the BTTF team so I'm not familiar with all the terms for the DeLorean parts, but I've seen the effects go through their paces, and it works as it does in the film, where the box over the windshield shoots out the little beam which causes the glow to build up over the hood, the sends an increasing number of ricocheting lights bouncing around the car, building up until it hits 88 and disappears into the flash at the hood, and the weird inverse suction explosion... More or less anyway. I'm sure both hardcore BTTF fans, and our FX guys, know in more detail, but the time effects... We're trying to be incredibly loyal with how they work and look.
  • edited November 2010
    I love the return of Marty's camera btw. ^^
  • edited November 2010
    It looks good so far, but the thing i remember is before it hits 88mph you see really tiny blue/yellow colored flames first behind the wheels.. and then after the timetravel the long flametrails appear.
  • edited November 2010
    I can't stop staring at that DeLorean with the doors open screenshot! What's wrong with me, I've got work to freaking do!
  • edited November 2010
    Isn't this supposed to be a new DeLorean? Perhaps it just behaves differently afterall, look at how it behaved when it first travelled through time and compare that to how it looked in Part 3 when Marty went back to the old west. The effects were very different.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.