The horrible realization sinks in. THE WAIT BETWEEN EPISODES!!

Not only is it a personal travesty for us all to wait even a week, we must now realize that we will be gettingonly the first episode this month, and will have to wait until FEBURARY until we can continue it. If the first episode is as good as it looks like it will be, then its quite likely that everyone in this forum will be totally freaking out until Feb. Untl then I'll be wearing my Marty McFly shades and crying like a baby. :(!!!!

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Considering BttF will be released somewhere in the second half of December... February doesn't mean we'll have to wait almost 60 days for it. I think about 35-40.
  • edited December 2010
    Also if Episode 1 is released at least we have something to do until the next. I'll just be replaying episode 1 over and over >.>
  • edited December 2010
    Don't worry. I'm sure we'll find something to do until episode 2.

I'm sure...

*whistles innocentlyyyy*
  • edited December 2010
    The problem, for me, is, on February 11th is my flight to Canada, and then learning at Vancouver Film School (I got on Game Design program). If the second episode is not released before the February 7th-8th, I won't be able to play it for some time (and maybe the latter episodes too) :(

Not that I'm complaining, because I actually think everything's pretty awesome, but I will have a big itch to play a BttF chapter as soon as it's released :D
  • edited December 2010
    What bothers is how short those episodes are going to be, with the whole "casual friendly" thing :/ ...

Cauz I'd like to play it for hours before finishing it, even if I'm just stuck. But if It's too easy and you finish it in like, 2 or 3 hours, meh.
  • edited December 2010
    Remember, the length of the episodes combined = the length of 1 full game.
  • edited December 2010
    You are in for a treat..... the wait between episodes is some of the most fun here on the TTG boards... we get to speculate... chat , do crappy art... participate in corny made up contests... and debate the proper way to draw a female breast.... seriously.
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    You are in for a treat..... the wait between episodes is some of the most fun here on the TTG boards... we get to speculate... chat , do crappy art... participate in corny made up contests... and debate the proper way to draw a female breast.... seriously.

... I love you guys already.

p.s. I will always be ready to do derpy photomanips as well

always
  • edited December 2010

Good times... good times...
  • edited December 2010
    I agree it is great hanging out on the boards between episodes.
  • edited December 2010
    Yes, an integral part of the whole experience, to be sure.

It's the comedown after the discussion post-ep5 winds up that really hurts.
  • edited December 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    Also if Episode 1 is released at least we have something to do until the next. I'll just be replaying episode 1 over and over >.>

IF it's really that awesome. Usually, I get bored of a Telltale episode after the third playthrough.

I'm just sad that I'm not much of a Jurassic Park fan, since that's what's gonna come out in the next few months after BTTF.
  • edited December 2010
    Yes, an integral part of the whole experience, to be sure.
    Come to think of it, you're right JP
    Now, I hate LOST, but just want to share a personal experience...
    I watched the whole first 5 seasons of LOST on DVD, and I watched them without. any. break.
    So, you all realise when season 6 started to air, I couldn't wait for next episode, but then I figured out half of the fun of watching LOST is the anticipation and analysis and wondering what will happen next rather than watching all episodes one after another
  • edited December 2010
    Now, I hate LOST, but just want to share a personal experience...
    I watched the whole first 5 seasons of LOST on DVD, and I watched them without. any. break.

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with that message? :p

PS. On a personal, slightly off-topic, note, LOST's 1st Season is great (watched it on TV), but the 2nd one had so many 'WTF?!' moments that I didn't even bother to watch it further.
  • edited December 2010
    Am I the only one who sees something wrong with that message? :p
    :D well, the last episodes of LOSt S6 made me hate it ...
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    p.s. I will always be ready to do derpy photomanips as well

Oh, we expect so much more from you. I myself have between-episode plans... *evil laugh*
  • edited December 2010
    ... I love you guys already.

We love ourselves too.

But yeah, the waiting is part of the episodic experience as it's been mentioned already. I've only been part of this forum for long enough to wait for one episode (Sam and Max 305), but the time between 304 and 305 was really fun with all of the discussions, speculating, and the craziness that is the wait for the episode to be uploaded on its release date (Jesus the things that happened in that topic XD). Made me wish I had been here since the beginning.
  • edited December 2010
    You know...

Portal is a good game. A GREAT game. All the gameplay aside, it made me love the characterization whilst there isn't much of a character. And... it took me shorter than any Telltale episode to finish; less than 3 hours. Hey, it's what my Steam says!

So I'm waiting for Portal 2. And... the wait, has it been years now? So I don't know, a month and a half doesn't sound as cruel between the first and second episodes of BTtF:tG.
  • edited December 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    You know...

Portal is a good game. A GREAT game. All the gameplay aside, it made me love the characterization whilst there isn't much of a character. And... it took me shorter than any Telltale episode to finish; less than 3 hours. Hey, it's what my Steam says!

So I'm waiting for Portal 2. And... the wait, has it been years now? So I don't know, a month and a half doesn't sound as cruel between the first and second episodes of BTtF:tG.

yeah, but Portal has more replay value. Also, it's not episodic.
  • edited December 2010
    If you need something to kill time I recommend Altar Games' UFO Trilogy, that'll keep you occupied for ages.
  • edited December 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    yeah, but Portal has more replay value. Also, it's not episodic.

I don't really think that way. Except for the achievements (which ALL games include nowadays), it's pretty repetitive as once you solve a level, you're done with it. You don't even get to listen to much of lines of monolouge of GLaDOS each level, you know, the reason why I played every Sam and Max episode at least three times is to listen to dialouges that I missed before.

Portal could be episodic... I mean, it was short in length. Although we know Valve's delivery of episodic games too.

Anyway, Portal 2 looks AWESOME. I'm mostly sure it'll worth the wait.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh, we expect so much more from you. I myself have between-episode plans... *evil laugh*

If there are expectations from the great Vaina, then I shall do my best not to disappoint, hehe.
  • edited December 2010
    ....So? This is pretty standard.
  • edited December 2010
    The wait between episodes is fine. At least it would be if it weren't for all of the threads from people asking when they're going to be released.
    edited December 2010
    Ahhhh... the wait for episodes. You can write books about this.
    • Normally, one hour after an episode releases, there will be at least one poster who opens a thread named "That was short! When will the next episode release??", altough there's no way this poster could have completed the episode already.
    • Four hours after the episode releases: People suddenly start posting their reviews, and 12 new threads will emerge before someone finally posts a general review thread.
    • Two days to one month after episode release: A "Have you tried" thread emerges, in which a tireless community member collects all the cool stuff you can do in the episodes. Initially, she or he will feel the need to put everything in spoiler tags (which is rubbish ;) ).
    • 15 days after last episode releases: People with a post count less than 20 start to ask for a new release date.
    • 20 days after last episode release: People with a post count less than 150 start asking for a release date
    • 30 days after last episode release: even post count 1000+ members start asking for a new release date. Including the moderators.
    • 35 days after last episode release: TTG staff members start asking for a release date. :D
  • edited December 2010
    all true... BUT you left out all the really funny posts with hurt feelings because they didn't release it on the Atari.. or the apple][.... and all the threads DEMANDING it be released in their language... and Klingon this second.
  • edited December 2010
    You also forgot the "Help! I can't get BttF episode 1 to get past the title screen!" a.k.a. technical help. >.>
  • edited December 2010
    I think some of he most interesting things are the unexpected breakout characters that we the fans propel into the spotlight.. like Winslow..... Treasure crab
    edited December 2010
    Oh GOD the appreciation threads!!

I will have to close so_many of them... and ban so many users... :D

Also, only minutes after each TTG episode releases: The STEAM RELEASE TROLLS!! *shudder*
  • edited December 2010
    Also, only minutes after each TTG episode releases: The STEAM RELEASE TROLLS!! *shudder*

Meh. This pre-order release troll in the closed forums annoys me much more :p
  • edited December 2010
    Oooh, this is gonna be awesome. How I miss the activity on the ToMI forum. Proably one of the best boards ever.
  • edited December 2010
    When will the first episode release...:D
  • edited December 2010
    Vainamoinen, you also forgot the people in different timezones to Telltale Games getting aggressive when the game isn't released at midnight in their time zone.

And the people in Europe who wait up all night for the download link, getting angrier and angrier by each passing hour.
  • edited December 2010
    Ahhhh... the wait for episodes. You can write books about this.
    • Normally, one hour after an episode releases, there will be at least one poster who opens a thread named "That was short! When will the next episode release??", altough there's no way this poster could have completed the episode already.
    • Four hours after the episode releases: People suddenly start posting their reviews, and 12 new threads will emerge before someone finally posts a general review thread.
    • Two days to one month after episode release: A "Have you tried" thread emerges, in which a tireless community member collects all the cool stuff you can do in the episodes. Initially, she or he will feel the need to put everything in spoiler tags (which is rubbish ;) ).
    • 15 days after last episode releases: People with a post count less than 20 start to ask for a new release date.
    • 20 days after last episode release: People with a post count less than 150 start asking for a release date
    • 30 days after last episode release: even post count 1000+ members start asking for a new release date. Including the moderators.
    • 35 days after last episode release: TTG staff members start asking for a release date. :D

Are you hinting...maybe just maybe...that their could be a trilogy of of BTTF TellTale games? :cool:
  • edited December 2010
    Oh GOD the appreciation threads!!

I will have to close so_many of them... and ban so many users... :D

Oh, you guys have Appreciation threads too?

... It's like I never left the BioWare boards!
  • edited December 2010
    Wait, people here have to wait? Don't anybody here have a time machine or something?

I had a DeLorean, but I accidentally sent it to the future without me. I still don't know how it got to 88 MPH without hitting something on the way.

In hindsight, why did it have MPH on it while I live in a country where we use the metric system?
  • edited December 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Vainamoinen, you also forgot the people in different timezones to Telltale Games getting aggressive when the game isn't released at midnight in their time zone.

And the people in Europe who wait up all night for the download link, getting angrier and angrier by each passing hour.

Those are some of the funniest threads ever..

I am going to call it... with the new BTTF game coming out... I predict a new trend... people who do not understand the concept of episodic games..
  • edited December 2010
    And people who still demand a GTA clone, let's not forget that.
  • edited December 2010
    ... and all the threads DEMANDING it be released in their language... and Klingon this second.

Maybe TTG should just arrange to subtitle all the games in Esperanto. After all, it's the only true international language.

I speak Esperanto like a native
  • edited December 2010
    I predict a new trend... people who do not understand the concept of episodic games..
    I think with so many the people complaining about the game being too short (after each episode) it's already happening...

"Hey, back in the old days an adventure game took me 20 hours to finish... what's with these 4 hour games??"
Sign in to comment in this discussion.