Download unavailable.. (because the game's not out yet. /thread)

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
My threads were locked, for good reason it seems. What kind of mickey mouse operation decides to open up in prime time, i'm off during xmas season hours, to digitially distribute a game.

Of course they couldn't handle the load. Someone had to know this, and they didn't care.

I guess I'll check back tomorrow to see if I can retrieve my purchase.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    a) This thread of yours hasn't been locked (yet)
    b) The download's unavailable because the game is not out yet.
    c) The game will be out during TellTale's office hours, and everyone but you is fine with that.
    d) If you continue creating unconstructive threads like that, the consequences can be more than just them being locked.
    e) Stop whining and do return tomorrow without appearing here again today. You seem like a normal person but act like a total prick.
  • edited December 2010
    fawker wrote: »
    My threads were locked, for good reason it seems. What kind of mickey mouse operation decides to open up in prime time, i'm off during xmas season hours, to digitially distribute a game.

Of course they couldn't handle the load. Someone had to know this, and they didn't care.

I guess I'll check back tomorrow to see if I can retrieve my purchase.

Dude. Telltale is in California. They release their games during California business hours. It is now 6AM there. Stop complaining.
  • edited December 2010
    It's funny how the guy with 4 posts is:

1) Upset.

2) Claiming his posts were locked.

So out of the four posts you made, three of them were locked? Man... I gotta love Telltale's Anti-Troll Filter! That's amazing! ;)
  • edited December 2010
    FaMzNeSS wrote: »
    It's funny how the guy with 4 posts is:

1) Upset.

2) Claiming his posts were locked.

So out of the four posts you made, three of them were locked? Man... I gotta love Telltale's Anti-Troll Filter! That's amazing! ;)

Two were locked.
    Myself wrote:

But yeah, he's lying :p
  • edited December 2010
    Farlander wrote: »
    c) The game will be out during TellTale's office hours, and everyone but you is fine with that.
    d) If you continue creating unconstructive threads like that, the consequences can be more than just them being locked.
    e) Stop whining and do return tomorrow without appearing here again today. You seem like a normal person but act like a total prick.

Burn.
  • edited December 2010
    What's xmas season hours?
  • edited December 2010
    To make things more understandable, Telltale should explicit the timming the game will be available for download.
    For what they said and it is infered, the game should be ready at 0h of dec 22nd Pacific time. That's why there are so many posts with people complaining. This is not the only one.
    And before criticizing someone so much like some people have because he was rude or something, try looking at the posts you guys wrote to that person... they don't seem very friendly now, do they?

Hope the game comes ASAP so everyone can finally see the result!
  • edited December 2010
    There's this thing we have called patience, you should try it sometime!
  • edited December 2010
    they NEVER hint at an exact time.... and there are so many posts because 1 people do not understand time zones... or two people just assume they know when the game should be released and troll the boards because they are impatient cry babies.
  • edited December 2010
    pitu20 wrote: »
    To make things more understandable, Telltale should explicit the timming the game will be available for download.
    For what they said and it is infered, the game should be ready at 0h of dec 22nd Pacific time. That's why there are so many posts with people complaining. This is not the only one.
    And before criticizing someone so much like some people have because he was rude or something, try looking at the posts you guys wrote to that person... they don't seem very friendly now, do they?

Hope the game comes ASAP so everyone can finally see the result!

No, it says on their blog December 22 Pacific business hours. I think the reason why people are being unfriendly is because there are two FAQ threads (one for all of telltale's releases, and one for BttF) a release thread, AND the official blog post and people still come on the boards asking why it hasn't been released yet.
  • edited December 2010
    I find it utterly fascinating, probably the most fascinating thing in the world, that there are thousands (probably millions) of people who don't understand the concept of time zones.

FASCINATING.
  • edited December 2010
    Every single release we have to go through this.

Patience, my child.
  • edited December 2010
    Every single release we have to go through this.

Patience, my child.

And this is how I like my episodic gaming.

We will have 4 more of these in upcoming months.
  • edited December 2010
    I really need to stop frequenting the forums on release days...
  • edited December 2010
    I love release days they are always so entertaining... the way people seem to get genuinely angry.... how do these people deal with REAL problems life throws them?
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I love release days they are always so entertaining... the way people seem to get genuinely angry.... how do these people deal with REAL problems life throws them?

Probably the same way I solve all of my problems.
    with an AK47, a few grenades, and dreams.
  • edited December 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    And this is how I like my episodic gaming.

We will have 4 more of these in upcoming months.
    Because it boggles the mind why it isn't released 12AM local time when the previous 4 haven't done either... :D

Yeah, I don't get why it still happens by episode #5 either.
  • edited December 2010
    I already like this fawkes guy.
  • edited December 2010
    *grabs popcorn*
  • edited December 2010

You and me both.
  • edited December 2010
    notagain.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    Telltale have always released games during their office hours. Which is fair enough. It's just like waiting for your local shop to open so that you can grab your pre-ordered copy of any other game off them. It would be nice however if Telltale got everything ready to go a day or two before then they would just have to hit that all important button on the day of release (maybe even have a midnight launch). Unfortanately Telltale aren't the biggest games company in the world so they might not have the resources for a midnight launch and they do charge a more than fair price for their products
  • edited December 2010
    toolbum wrote: »
    Telltale have always released games during their office hours. Which is fair enough. It's just like waiting for your local shop to open so that you can grab your pre-ordered copy of any other game off them. It would be nice however if Telltale got everything ready to go a day or two before then they would just have to hit that all important button on the day of release (maybe even have a midnight launch). Unfortanately Telltale aren't the biggest games company in the world so they might not have the resources for a midnight launch and they do charge a more than fair price for their products

Working in the software industry myself, I can tell you the problem with a midnight launch is that it would require many people to be working to support it in case the server goes down or other technical difficulties arise.

As you mentioned with them being a small company and possibly not having the resources, it's simply easier to release it when everyone is already in the office; fresh and ready to work, as opposed to sleepy and groggy.
  • edited December 2010

Honestly, you sound like the bigger prick here.
  • edited December 2010
    It might be my imagination, but I don't think the download has even gone up yet. It's kinda hard for the download to be unavailable when it hasn't even been available yet.
  • edited December 2010
    In 3 minutes there will be another thread complaining about how he can't get it yet.
  • edited December 2010
    Originally Posted by MusicallyInspired View Post
    Spykes wrote: »
    You and me both.

What you guys really need to stop doing is posting on them. I feel bad having to waste space just to point out you guys are wasting space (which of course makes my post useful, and therefore not a waste of space.)
  • edited December 2010
    @Fawker: You should have listened better in school when they teached about different time zones around the world. You are making an idiot out of yourself.
  • edited December 2010
    Goatman455 wrote: »
    Honestly, you sound like the bigger prick here.

To a new member of the forums that may seem like that, and I don't argue that I was harsh, but, seriously. Ask anyone who has seen what the forums look like during releases - it's hell. One can be polite only for so long. (Not to mention that Fawker was given several times a normal explanation of what, how and why and yet he still continued to create new threads where he feels to say that, basically, someone owes him something).
  • edited December 2010
    DerJan wrote: »
    @Fawker: You should have listened better in school when they teached about different time zones around the world. You are making an idiot out of yourself.

You mean where they "taught" you in school? :rolleyes:
  • edited December 2010
    ehhmm yes...sorry.
  • edited December 2010

Ah, but you got the "where" wrong, though. As a grammar nazi you really need to get everything in your own posts right. That's the first thing they teach you in grammar nazi boot camp. I know, I used to be one.

edit: damn, I have to go hand in 500 day chip now.
  • edited December 2010
    Goatman455 wrote: »
    What you guys really need to stop doing is posting on them. I feel bad having to waste space just to point out you guys are wasting space (which of course makes my post useful, and therefore not a waste of space.)

Yes, mommy.
  • edited December 2010
    I am new and from Germany (obviously), please have mercy :-). I will try to improve my english.
  • edited December 2010
    dont mind. my english not very good is too. im trying to improve english of me every day, but its a so hard language and understanding it is very more easy than to write it. because you have think a lot, no so lot as just hear the language, that the problem is. you understand what i wanting to say?

(before anyone asks, my english is not THAT bad, is was just a joke, okay?

Grüß dich Jan, willkommen im Telltale-Forum!
  • edited December 2010
    *grabs popcorn*

*gets some popcorn too*

I wonder if BTTF hate will be different from Mokey or SamNMax hate.

For me this is a great sequel I have been waiting for.
    I expect the BTTF haters to be very strong since its a huge IP.

Let's get it on.
  • edited December 2010
    bambi wrote: »
    *gets some popcorn too*

I wonder if BTTF hate will be different from Mokey or SamNMax hate.

For me this is a great sequel I have been waiting for.
    I expect the BTTF haters to be very strong since its a huge IP.

Let's get it on.

Hell, the BTTF hate has begun when Telltale released the trailer, and maybe even before that due to "OMG, NOT REALZITISC GRAPHICZZZ!!11" or the type of game it is.
  • edited December 2010
    Ashki wrote: »
    Hell, the BTTF hate has begun when Telltale released the trailer, and maybe even before that due to "OMG, NOT REALZITISC GRAPHICZZZ!!11" or the type of game it is.

I remember there was some kind of Monkey hate before the release, too. "MONKEY ISLANDF SHOUSLD BE 2D, 3D TOTALLLLY SUCKS ANDS BLOWS YOU SUCK TELLTALE GIVE US 2D" and crap like that. Though, granted, that was a very twisted and unusual kind of hate.
  • edited December 2010
    Telltale really should say it'll come out the day after they will actually release it.
  • edited December 2010
    I remember there was some kind of Monkey hate before the release, too. "MONKEY ISLANDF SHOUSLD BE 2D, 3D TOTALLLLY SUCKS ANDS BLOWS YOU SUCK TELLTALE GIVE US 2D" and crap like that. Though, granted, that was a very twisted and unusual kind of hate.

In their defense, Monkey Island was 3D in Escape from Monkey Island, which was pretty much universally disliked.

But yes, all the hate against Telltale is amusing.
This discussion has been closed.