what a joke

i preordered the free episode to see if i would like rthe game before i buy the full series and now to find out i wont get to play it till february what the hell is telltale thinking i aint happy

Comments

• edited December 2010
    They already mentioned it would be released in February before you ordered it... Someone please close this thread...
  • edited December 2010
    Technically you can't pre-order the free episode, you can only pre-order the entire series. If you want the free episode you have to wait till February.
  • edited December 2010
    I love this sense of entitlement people have.

They said the 22nd so I want it a one minute past midnight.

They said I could have a free episode so I want it right now, how dare they give me something for nothing later than those who have paid for it
  • edited December 2010
    maverick, perhaps you should just pay 25 bucks. Think of a movie DVD. You pay around 20$ for 2 to 3 hours fun. Here you'll receive many more hours.
  • edited December 2010
    flowo get real dude do you not try before you buy or have you lost ya brain back in 1955 telltale did not clearly state that for all us free episode orderers out there you aint playing our game till february next freeking year
  • edited December 2010
    ask for your money back..... oh yeah that's right it was free.... Do you not have an adult to wipe away those hurt feeling tears?

BTW welcome to the boards.... I love you.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm finally have to say this to someone.

maverick7111, you are an idiot.

Seriously, it's 25 dollars for about 10 hours of gameplay. It's worth it. The reason I haven't bought it yet is because I'm dirt broke.

I'm pretty sure you are right that Telltale did not state the February of next year, but that matters not. You're getting it for free. Don't expect much. I'd have settled for a demo, Which I'm totally going to play anyway if there is one.

In closing, shut up and learn to punctuate.
  • edited December 2010
    How about everyone here shutting up instead of just flaming and insulting the OP? Do you think he's wrong? Well, he's not getting to play the game anyway. I know you guys are bored because the game is not out yet but damn the consequences. Be patient, refrain yourselves from acting assholish and just wait for the episode.
  • edited December 2010
    lol why wait till february
  • edited December 2010
    lol why wait till february lol when i can just find a torrent of this friggin game some noob will upload a torrent and all will be honky dorry i may be a idiot but a clever one at that big up to utorrent

No, you're a cheap tard. Claiming to use a pirated copy of the game in the developers' own forum, is not clever. If anything it'll get you banned here.

The reason why people choose to pay is because they care for the developing company that delivers them the games. But I guess you cannot think that detailed since you think playing a pirated game is your milestone of intelligence.
  • edited December 2010
    FBI notified ... quick throw your PC in your bathtub before they get to your house.... go go go.
  • edited December 2010
    No, your even dumber for admitting that. On the forum for the people who make the game no less. This may shock you, but those kind of torrents are illegal.
  • edited December 2010
    lol why wait till february lol when i can just find a torrent of this friggin game some noob will upload a torrent and all will be honky dorry i may be a idiot but a clever one at that big up to utorrent

I do hope you know torrenting copyrighted material is against the law, you can get sued for ridiculous amounts of money or serve 5 years in prison.
  • edited December 2010
    to all the people here shut up
  • edited December 2010

Awww whos a wittle moron. You do realize telltale actualy *gasp* reads these threads. You couldnt spend $20 for the game, you are going to hack it because telltale is waiting till february for the game to be free from that day onward.
    Have fun in retard land.
  • edited December 2010
    to all the people here claiming torrenting is bad shut the hell up you gunna tell me you never downloaded a single torrent in ya sad lives and besides its the companys to make the torrent sofware who are doing wrong not me

You need some serious schooling.
    You ARE doing wrong by torrenting copyrighted software, the software makers you speak of do not make you do anything, And no sir, I have never pirated. I don' want to risk the jail time/sueing.
  • edited December 2010
    Nope.avi

The only Torrent I have downloaded was for a Free MMO called PlaneShift, which the torrent is put out by the company that makes it.

It's not only the people who put the torrent up who gets in trouble, it's the person who is downloading it.

Understanding of law FAIL
  • edited December 2010
    to all the people here claiming torrenting is bad shut the hell up you gunna tell me you never downloaded a single torrent in ya sad lives and besides its the companys to make the torrent sofware who are doing wrong not me

I actually do not torrent. Believe it or not, I prefer to support people whose works I admire. And the companies who make the torrent software are actually not in the wrong either. They make software that makes downloading large files more manageable, whether some people use it for the wrong reasons is none of their concern.

But you have free will, and by actively choosing to download illegally copyrighted material you are doing wrong. You can try and justify it as much as you want, you are still an idiot.

Good day, Sir!
  • edited December 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    Nope.avi
    The only Torrent I have downloaded was for a Free MMO called PlaneShift, which the torrent is put out by the company that makes it.

It's funny that you remember doing that, I remember downloading that with a torrent too but only because you reminded me. That was a long long time ago.

I don't remember anything about the game, just the whole having to use a torrent to get it thing.
  • edited December 2010

Why do people create torrents. For people to illegaly download them. You really are a moron, it is illegal to use them, and illegal to make them.
    LEARN THE LAW MORON!
  • edited December 2010
    I downloaded the bible once... OK I didn't....
  • edited December 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Why do people create torrents. For people to illegaly download them. You really are a moron, it is illegal to use them, and illegal to make them.
    LEARN THE LAW MORON!

Actually, torrents as a method of transferring files is not illegal. Now if we talk about transferring copyrighted files for free (or, I don't know, for a certain payment to some third weird companies) - that's a different matter.
  • edited December 2010
    Farlander wrote: »
    Actually, torrents as a method of transferring files is not illegal. Now if we talk about transferring copyrighted files for free (or, I don't know, for a certain payment to some third weird companies) - that's a different matter.

Ok then, its illegal to make torrents of video games and movies that wasnt made by the companies, and it is illegal to USE these same torrents.
  • edited December 2010
    I have used torrents to send out home movies of my kids to family who live far away.
  • edited December 2010
    ... This Maverick guy seams to be the kinda of person that thinks people owe him something for nothing.. The companys AREN'T the bad guys.. You talk like a 5 year old (apart from the five year olds i know have heard of a 'full stop' and basic laws of grammer)

And you are saying, pretty much, the games soo good, i can't wait for the free episode, so i'm going to steal it cause it's the company's fault for not giving it all free to me and making it soo good..

If i was a mod, i would be banning your arse from this place cause then you wouldn't be able to talk.. Once in a while, stop thinking about stealing, not only from the company, but from EVERY single person that has payed for this game, because you ARE stealing from each one cause if they sold more copies, they price would go down.

If i killed you cause you are a prat, can i use your reasoning to get myself off from a murder charge? via what you say, yes.. But i personally would want to go to prision for it, cause no matter how stupidly i try to say it was doing it for the good of the world, it did harm to someone.

Torrents, as originally created, where not for prats like you that ruin the system with illegal files.. it was created to help sites with large file hosting issues. I meant they didn't have to pay alot for file hosting.. but people like you came along and ruined it.. You have stolen ALOT of money from people, ruined some peoples lives and all you STILL care about is your own personal enjoyment and screw everyone else? Gee, i wish i was a Mod cause your IP would be logged and it's not only bloody easy to track you from it, but something i would enjoy.. Anyone that steals from me deserves what they have coming to them.

So before you do one of your anal lines with no grammar and half words, Think first. I have downloaded PROPER torrents. Ones of original created stuff that they own full rights to. How would i be 'sad' if i lived my own life, didn't follow the crowd like a headless new born lamb and didn't steal? You doesn't seam to even have a life worth talking let alone be someone that can give such advice.
  • edited December 2010
    maverick, of course it would've been a good idea to state that it will only be available from february. But at least they are giving it away for free.
  • edited December 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Ok then, its illegal to make torrents of video games and movies that wasnt made by the companies, and it is illegal to USE these same torrents.

Yeah, something like that :)

Though more companies should try to distribute their product through torrents - the more the people the faster it downloads, instead of the opposite when loads of users hang up the servers (Steam, I'm looking at you! :p ) and the download speed is slower than a snail. It's a very comfortable model which hasn't been put to good use yet.
  • edited December 2010
    ManicMan wrote: »
    ... This Maverick guy seams to be the kinda of person that thinks people owe him something for nothing.. The companys AREN'T the bad guys.. You talk like a 5 year old (apart from the five year olds i know have heard of a 'full stop' and basic laws of grammer)

And you are saying, pretty much, the games soo good, i can't wait for the free episode, so i'm going to steal it cause it's the company's fault for not giving it all free to me and making it soo good..

If i was a mod, i would be banning your arse from this place cause then you wouldn't be able to talk.. Once in a while, stop thinking about stealing, not only from the company, but from EVERY single person that has payed for this game, because you ARE stealing from each one cause if they sold more copies, they price would go down.

If i killed you cause you are a prat, can i use your reasoning to get myself off from a murder charge? via what you say, yes.. But i personally would want to go to prision for it, cause no matter how stupidly i try to say it was doing it for the good of the world, it did harm to someone.

Torrents, as originally created, where not for prats like you that ruin the system with illegal files.. it was created to help sites with large file hosting issues. I meant they didn't have to pay alot for file hosting.. but people like you came along and ruined it.. You have stolen ALOT of money from people, ruined some peoples lives and all you STILL care about is your own personal enjoyment and screw everyone else? Gee, i wish i was a Mod cause your IP would be logged and it's not only bloody easy to track you from it, but something i would enjoy.. Anyone that steals from me deserves what they have coming to them.

So before you do one of your anal lines with no grammar and half words, Think first. I have downloaded PROPER torrents. Ones of original created stuff that they own full rights to. How would i be 'sad' if i lived my own life, didn't follow the crowd like a headless new born lamb and didn't steal? You doesn't seam to even have a life worth talking let alone be someone that can give such advice.

I know I am going to get flamed for this but, Grammar, not grammer, a bit ironic considering you were critqueing his grammar. Just sayin'
  • edited December 2010
    I know I am going to get flamed for this but, Grammar, not grammer, a bit ironic considering you were critqueing his grammar. Just sayin'

You won't get flamed. At least not by us forum regulars. In fact, a lot of us are grammer grammar nazis.
  • edited December 2010
    Why did this guy make a thread about himself?

OH. He meant the joke was about the free episode...
  • edited December 2010
    And here I was going to be empethatic.

And then Maverick turned out to be a moron... Such a shame.
  • edited December 2010
    its pretty obvious that its mainly americans reading and replying to my thread we all know its americans who are idiots keep there brains up there asses and if i wanna use torrent software thats my fucking choice why the fuck pay for something that you cant even test before hand why have a company like telltale make a game but not even bring out a demo but oh i forgot its a american company and americans always try and do one thing better
  • edited December 2010
    Ok...an idiot AND a racist. Because it's illegal, douchebag.

I'm Canadian, by the way.
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I have used torrents to send out home movies of my kids to family who live far away.

I appreciated the subtle humor in this statement.
  • edited December 2010

Ah.. sorry about that ^_^ problem with being dyslexia is my spelling and grammar is a little weak at times and my browser Spell checker plug-in (Great Idea them) but it doesn't always pick up things. I thank you for point it out cause I'll remember it in the future ^_^
  • edited December 2010
    How about a response coming from a Mexican, then?...

Illegal Torrent files are a bad habit. Sometimes needed, but DEFINITIVELY bad. if you want to show your support to the company making a game you've been waiting for 25 years, why not just pay for it?
  • edited December 2010
    canadian whatever you sound the fucking same looks like i need a fucking delorean to go to the future and play this fucking game
  • edited December 2010
    maverick, I'm not an American. I'm German. If you download this game via a torrent you are actually stealing. Well, if you download it, check it out and then buy it if you like it (and never play it again otherwise)... hm... it's still illegal ^^
  • edited December 2010
    its pretty obvious that its mainly americans reading and replying to my thread we all know its americans who are idiots keep there brains up there asses and if i wanna use torrent software thats my fucking choice why the fuck pay for something that you cant even test before hand why have a company like telltale make a game but not even bring out a demo but oh i forgot its a american company and americans always try and do one thing better

1.There will be a demo
    2.Not all americans are idiots, but a majority are(Sorry but its true)
    3.So why pay when you can get it for free? That is good like why wait to buy portal when there will be a sale where it is free, but not like you which is why be a good person and actualy buy a nintendo wii(or whatever thing you want) when I can steal a wii which would lessen the companys profit making them not afford much and have to create crappy games which would in the end screw you over since you wouldnt be able to torent good games.
    4.Obviously you are a moron, because morons associate a whole group of people as the same person while there are plenty of very smart people out there, just the idiots are easily noticable because they are idiots. Kind of like you.
  • edited December 2010
    canadian whatever you sound the fucking same looks like i need a fucking delorean to go to the future and play this fucking game

kaneklapqo6.gif

Excellent trolling, sir.
This discussion has been closed.